Advice about shapewear please.

eleanormiles

Awards
Hello everyone.
Not sure if this is the right thread but hopefully someone can advise.

I've got a bit of a do coming up in a couple of weeks and have been losing weight and am now down a dress size. Went shopping for a frock but am going to have to end up buying one in my old size as I still have so much fat and flab around the middle, bum, top of thighs, etc. So I'm going to have to resort to 'shapewear' to hold it all in. I usually wear jeans and tops so they tend to keep all the flabby stuff in place but a frock won't.

Never having bought this before, and looking on the M&S website, can anyone advise on the best kind to get? I'm concerned about bulges if I buy the long john' style, but maybe it doesn't work like that. Maybe the slip style, but would that work? And should I buy the old size or the new one?

Can't afford to waste money buying 2

eleanormiles

Awards
Hello everyone.
Not sure if this is the right thread but hopefully someone can advise.

I've got a bit of a do coming up in a couple of weeks and have been losing weight and am now down a dress size. Went shopping for a frock but am going to have to end up buying one in my old size as I still have so much fat and flab around the middle, bum, top of thighs, etc. So I'm going to have to resort to 'shapewear' to hold it all in. I usually wear jeans and tops so they tend to keep all the flabby stuff in place but a frock won't.

Never having bought this before, and looking on the M&S website, can anyone advise on the best kind to get? I'm concerned about bulges if I buy the long john' style of Body Shaper, but maybe it doesn't work like that. Maybe the slip style, but would that work? And should I buy the old size or the new one?

Can't afford to waste money buying 2
Thanks for any help.