First Time Anabolic Advice

Bmize89

Bmize89

Awards
Hello all,

I am 34, will be 35 this year, and I am looking to run a cycle that will produce good results with minimal side effects. A little background, I have been working out since I was 16 years old along with playing college football. 1.5 years ago, I did TRT for about a year and had very good results with regular blood work to tweak and watch all my levels. Before starting my levels were around 600 ng/dl and with 200 mg once a week my levels were always above the max on the blood work, 1500+ ng/dl. I started on cypionate but switched to enanthate because I was getting some back acne but after the switch it went away quickly. Ultimately I got off TRT because my hair was thinning/ falling out which I found odd because balding does not run on either side of my family.

Now I want to run a cycle to put on more lean mass while also being able to still have abs. I have my diet, training regime and supplementation dialed in but I'm looking to take things up a notch. I have always been apprehensive about running anything due to the side effects and being unsure of proper combinations and dosages (basically don't want to do more harm than good). So with that being said, does anyone have any advice on what to run and for how long? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You might not like this..
But..the "First Cycle" can be extremely effective if done...Correctly..
Jumping in without understanding some basics is what usually happens..
To avoid this...tons of research, reading, educating yourself and asking educated Q"s..Is a great place to start..!!

Usually, a few months of deep diving and grinding info..will improve your odds of a successful 1st Cycle..

Two things..
Doing and understanding Bloodwork..
Learning how to effectively control Estrogen..
If you don't understand there two..you need too..
Z...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Since not on TRT, you’ll have to PCT. That weighs into our compound selection. EQ and 19-Nors are generally bad options for someone looking to restore their natural production (19-Nors are very suppressive and EQ simply takes way way too long to clear, with length of time suppressed also being hard on recovery).

That leaves you with testosterone, primo, mast for oils, and all of the various oral steroids and SARMs. SARMs tend to impact lipids as bad as AAS per mg, and tend to be similar or weaker per mg, so they’re not usually a great option for men beyond a beginner threshold. RAD140 and LGD can have some reasonable benefit vs sides at ~30mg, but I would almost always choose legit Var over them for a man.

Anavar or Tbol for 8 weeks on top of 2-250mg Test E would probably be a good hair-sensitive option. Or Test & Mast for 10 weeks, say 200 mg each. Primo tends to bother the hairline more often than Mast. Mast certainly wrecks some guys’ hair, but leaves others like myself totally unscathed. It is individual. You may have to stop it right away, but if not it will be a great low-side smooth run (with a lower health impact than using orals).

Nandrolone is excellent for muscle growth & your #1 option for a hair-safe anabolic, but as mentioned recovery can be difficult as a 19-Nor. And sides can be high - it can promote a lot of aromatization of your testosterone, causing lots of acne, and in general promotes a lot of mineral retention. This means potential for bloating and sharp bp increases if so, which will be damaging kidneys left uncontrolled. Plus it can cause erectile dysfunction in many, unless used with higher test doses or compounds like Masteron or Proviron that greatly promote libido (Proviron is one of the only compounds that makes me shed, very bad for the scalp).

Last option would be a bit of testosterone as mentioned, along with 50mg Anadrol, for 8 weeks. This can be a wet, retentive cycle as well, but will not be especially suppressive the way NPP would be. It is a very hair safe steroid that can add some good muscle growth as well as outrageous strength increases - you will actually need to be mindful in the gym not to push to the max on things, as tendons won’t keep up with strength increases. You will want liver support, have Raloxifene on hand you may need to run throughout to prevent gyno, and it can kill appetite for many fast. If you can’t eat, it is a poor tool to grow.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I decided to post all of that in case you can digest it, but it may be an overload. If so:

-200mg test e/wk
-50mg Anavar daily

Test your Var with a Roidtest kit prior to commencing - half of the time it is faked with Dbol, in my personal experience.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you get bloodwork done after coming off of TRT? And if so, what is your test and was anything out of range?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have a question about the hair. Were you looking for that as a side effect? The reason i ask is because we lose 50-100 hairs per day. I know a lot of guys get We're read about their hair on cycle, so they're always looking for it. And it seems like falling out now every time you take a shower. I've had this happened to myself.

In the situation you just convert too much dht you could use a dht blocking shampoo on cycle and take some extra biotin and b vitamins.

Its mot gonna work as good as finastride but it will help

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have a question about the hair. Were you looking for that as a side effect? The reason i ask is because we lose 50-100 hairs per day. I know a lot of guys get We're read about their hair on cycle, so they're always looking for it. And it seems like falling out now every time you take a shower. I've had this happened to myself.

In the situation you just convert too much dht you could use a dht blocking shampoo on cycle and take some extra biotin and b vitamins.

Yeah I always use Nizoral a few times per week as a precaution on blast.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My advice is run the cycle 16 to 20 weeks. When I started i uses to to do 8 week runs but gains are always still going strong at that point. Especially with longer esters. If you want to only do eigh to ten weeks then the old school way of using an oral for the first four weeks(I always go at least 6 weeks) will work. Even better would be stick to short esters and daily injects. Still I feel it's better to go at least 16 then throw the oral on the backside of the cycle if you want more. Dosing and what to use is very individual. If I could do it again would be test 500-600mgs a week for 20 weeks. If your worried about shedding that might not be the way for you to go. Also some feel it's harder to recover from 20 weeks then 8. I notice no diffrence but you might so I would take that into consideration. I also like Hyde's idea of test anadrol I have actually used anadrol for eight weeks And the liver toxicity is very exaggerated. But if you decide to keep cycling long term it's better to focus on mostly injectables. Also 50mgs of Anadrol should be pretty tolerable and you can probably bump it to 75 even. That's what I ran and it worked very well and I felt great on it. So if it was me and I had to do eight weeks test/anadrol is probably what I would go with.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A lot of people confuse the different types of hair loss. People react to different things in different ways, and sometimes that is hair loss. It's not always attributed to MPB. AAS speeds up the process of MPB but the miniaturization still takes time, even with AAS. So when people claim their hair is shedding within days or weeks of using gear, it is almost definitely not related to MPB.

There are a lot of drugs out there that cause temporary hair loss, so it shouldn't be surprising that AAS can cause that in some people as well. I've seen plenty of people complain that their hair sheds on a compound but then it grows back post cycle. That is not MPB, which would not grow back.

Chemo for example can cause some people to shed every hair on their body, while others don't shed a single hair. But either way, that type of hair loss grows back.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be proactive in preventing hair loss, however I think everyone always chalks it up to MPB and that's not always the case, especially if someone is losing hair rapidly and/or doesn't have a history of MPB.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I've been running these three products. the first one I can't say if it helped or not. the shampoo from strong supplements I truly believe made my hair fuller. the third one the spray, I'm not convinced it's done much. I've used it since last august.

like this? I had no idea that was an option

I'm not saying people shouldn't be proactive in preventing hair loss, however I think everyone always chalks it up to MPB and that's not always the case, especially if someone is losing hair rapidly and/or doesn't have a history of MPB.
I've had noticeable hair shedding 3 times in life.
1. when I had 2 business running at the same time, worked 7 days a week often from 5am till 9pm
2. when I ran dermacrine into ultra hard
3. this winter when I ran another 6 weeks of epiandro, with 4 weeks of it being strong doses of ultrahard.

I definitely have some thinning now that I'm hoping to salvage because it's not in my genetics either. we'll see.....

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've had noticeable hair shedding 3 times in life.
1. when I had 2 business running at the same time, worked 7 days a week often from 5am till 9pm
2. when I ran dermacrine into ultra hard
3. this winter when I ran another 6 weeks of epiandro, with 4 weeks of it being strong doses of ultrahard.

I definitely have some thinning now that I'm hoping to salvage because it's not in my genetics either. we'll see.....
The hair loss you had from running 2 businesses at the same time probably came from stress, which is an example of shedding that has nothing to do with MPB. That type of hair loss should grow back.

As far as MPB, most likely nothing is really going to beat minoxidil and finasteride. Some people are afraid of finasteride because of the impact on hormones. However, I have been using topical finasteride and have gotten blood work and there hasn't been any changes.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The hair loss you had from running 2 businesses at the same time probably came from stress, which is an example of shedding that has nothing to do with MPB. That type of hair loss should grow back.
totally agree, but these are the only times in my life that I have noticed it. the first time it went away the day I handed the keys to the new owner. The other 2 times the shedding stopped like literally within a day of stopping the epiandro products. we'll see if I can get substantial grow back. it doesn't look bad imo, but is clearly thinner. luckily I have always had very thick hair. if it stayed like this forever I'd be happy, but I would much rather it thicken up first so I can run more epiandro down the road.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A lot of people confuse the different types of hair loss. People react to different things in different ways, and sometimes that is hair loss. It's not always attributed to MPB. AAS speeds up the process of MPB but the miniaturization still takes time, even with AAS. So when people claim their hair is shedding within days or weeks of using gear, it is almost definitely not related to MPB.

There are a lot of drugs out there that cause temporary hair loss, so it shouldn't be surprising that AAS can cause that in some people as well. I've seen plenty of people complain that their hair sheds on a compound but then it grows back post cycle. That is not MPB, which would not grow back.

Chemo for example can cause some people to shed every hair on their body, while others don't shed a single hair. But either way, that type of hair loss grows back.

Well, for clarity I have both a fairly dry, dandruff-prone scalp as well as a bit of plaque psoriasis on my scalp that is generally largely in remission off-cycle. But a period of significant stress, like an androgen blast when training especially heavy, and exposure to especially high solvent oils or orals, tends to flare up it up - the Nizoral is also a valuable tool in promoting healthy skin shedding. It helps lessen scaling and manages dandruff better.

Bmize89

Bmize89

Awards
I decided to post all of that in case you can digest it, but it may be an overload. If so:

-200mg test e/wk
-50mg Anavar daily

Test your Var with a Roidtest kit prior to commencing - half of the time it is faked with Dbol, in my personal experience.
Thank you! Yes, I am slowly researching everything mentioned in the above post. Thanks again. I'll probably have questions to follow.

Bmize89

Bmize89

Awards
Did you get bloodwork done after coming off of TRT? And if so, what is your test and was anything out of range?
Yes, I had my levels tested a couple of weeks after and all levels looked ok. Test levels were around 550 and estrogen was 12.

Bmize89

Bmize89

Awards

I would say it was more like my hair was shedding but did also recede a little as well. My doc offered to put me on finasteride and minoxidil but ultimately decided not too. I've heard finasteride can have bad sides so i wanted to see if the shedding would stop once getting off TRT and it did, very quickly actually. I do think if I run an 8 week cycle as mentioned above it might not be too rough on the hair.

Bmize89

Bmize89

Awards
My advice is run the cycle 16 to 20 weeks. When I started i uses to to do 8 week runs but gains are always still going strong at that point. Especially with longer esters. If you want to only do eigh to ten weeks then the old school way of using an oral for the first four weeks(I always go at least 6 weeks) will work. Even better would be stick to short esters and daily injects. Still I feel it's better to go at least 16 then throw the oral on the backside of the cycle if you want more. Dosing and what to use is very individual. If I could do it again would be test 500-600mgs a week for 20 weeks. If your worried about shedding that might not be the way for you to go. Also some feel it's harder to recover from 20 weeks then 8. I notice no diffrence but you might so I would take that into consideration. I also like Hyde's idea of test anadrol I have actually used anadrol for eight weeks And the liver toxicity is very exaggerated. But if you decide to keep cycling long term it's better to focus on mostly injectables. Also 50mgs of Anadrol should be pretty tolerable and you can probably bump it to 75 even. That's what I ran and it worked very well and I felt great on it. So if it was me and I had to do eight weeks test/anadrol is probably what I would go with.
Yes, I've heard anavar is for the most part easy on the sides. I was actually listening to a podcast today and it was mentioned that halo is now considered very safe. Any experience with halo?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I've heard anavar is for the most part easy on the sides. I was actually listening to a podcast today and it was mentioned that halo is now considered very safe. Any experience with halo?
Halotestin is generally going to hit appetite hard because it strongly drives the sympathetic nervous system, nevermind the liver toxicity some can experience depending on dosage & personal response. You have to eat to grow, and halo makes that harder - plus it’s one of the very weakest anabolics there is.

Halo is for use to peak power for a strength athlete, or to harden the physique of a shredded bodybuilder. Both are temporary effects generally only warranted for special or competitive occasions. Some people report a lot of extra aggression on it. This can also help someone mentally drive through a hard diet, or to attempt very heavy lifts for them.