A scoop a day keeps muscle soreness away with BCAA+SAA

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ahhh, so your saying you roller out you IT band and your knee pain went away?
As long as I did it consistently, when I would slack off and quit doing it the pain always came back.

Put a lot of effort into rolling the IT band and the vastus medialis/lateralis and I would be surprised if it doesn't help.

vastus-medialis-1.jpg

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I always roll out my hamstrings and quads but never did much on my IT band, a little bit but not much. tanks for the heads up man, im reading up on it now!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always roll out my hamstrings and quads but never did much on my IT band, a little bit but not much. tanks for the heads up man, im reading up on it now!
I don't roll my quads or hammies as often anymore, but I roll the IT band almost everyday.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I don't roll my quads or hammies as often anymore, but I roll the IT band almost everyday.
I will star doing it. hopefully it helps because the pain is ridiculous. I an even walk or stand comfortably

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jim is dead on. Roll dat thang.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
I rolled out my IT band today and idk if its just placebo but it seems as my knee is feeling better just from that one time. im definitely going to be doing it everyday now, and see if my knees improve.
so I decided to continue with the DoggCrapp style routine and im liking it, my tris, back, and shoulders are dead right now. this is what I did
bench- 155x8 (20 sec rest.) 155x5 (20sec rest) 155x4
OHP- 85x8 (20sec rest) 85x5 (20sec rest) 85x3
Dips- BW+20Lbx8 (20sec rest) BWx6 (20 sec rest) BWx5
pulldown- 120x10 (20sec rest) 120x7(20sec rest) 120x5
Row- 135x6 135x6 115x8
pullover- 65Lb 3x8
lateral raise- 25Lb 3x10
preacher curl- curl bar with 25's on each side x10 (20sec rest) x6(20sec rest) x3
hammer curl- 30lb 2x8
what you think of this routine? I like it but I am open to any criticism.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I rolled out my IT band today and idk if its just placebo but it seems as my knee is feeling better just from that one time. im definitely going to be doing it everyday now, and see if my knees improve.
so I decided to continue with the DoggCrapp style routine and im liking it, my tris, back, and shoulders are dead right now. this is what I did
bench- 155x8 (20 sec rest.) 155x5 (20sec rest) 155x4
OHP- 85x8 (20sec rest) 85x5 (20sec rest) 85x3
Dips- BW+20Lbx8 (20sec rest) BWx6 (20 sec rest) BWx5
pulldown- 120x10 (20sec rest) 120x7(20sec rest) 120x5
Row- 135x6 135x6 115x8
pullover- 65Lb 3x8
lateral raise- 25Lb 3x10
preacher curl- curl bar with 25's on each side x10 (20sec rest) x6(20sec rest) x3
hammer curl- 30lb 2x8
what you think of this routine? I like it but I am open to any criticism.
From my understanding the accessory work isn't needed. You rotate three exercises per body part over the week and go past failure so to say. Then the key is rest because of the intended intensity of the workout.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
From my understanding the accessory work isn't needed. You rotate three exercises per body part over the week and go past failure so to say. Then the key is rest because of the intended intensity of the workout.
ya I know but I just feel like I haven't done anything if I don't throw some in. it only takes like 25min without it

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
well guys, all good things have to come to an end. today was my last serving of this apple goodness. I would like to say thanks again to finaflex and their awesome reps to allow me to log this product for them. here is my final review and workout of the day.

taste- 9/10 easily one of the best tasting BCAA products I have ever had. very sweet/sour apple flavor. very refreshing.

mixability- 8/10 for a BCAA product this mixed extremely well. most BCAA's have a lot of "floaters" but this did not, if you let it sit some would collect on the bottom but that is no big deal for me. I always mixed it with about 18oz of water. and shook it 5-10 times and it was good to go.

endurance- 6/10 I don't know if I felt MUCH of a difference with the endurance but if anything it did give a placebo affect and made me "feel" like I could go longer.

recovery- 8/10 this was pretty noticeable in my opinion. my DOMS was greatly reduced following workouts where I absolutely killed it. I would crawl out of the gym and the next morning be perfectly fine, where as before this I would be super sore.

overall 8/10 I really enjoyed this product. it has great taste, price is reasonable and I felt like it improved my recovery. my weights on my lifts all increased and I would love to continue using this product.

I destroyed my legs today. I PR'd in squats (easily) it felt like I should of upped the weight 10lbs instead of 5lbs. my DOMS is still almost non existent.
I am still rolling out my IT band, it is excruciatingly painful when I do it but my knee feels ALOT better since I have started. here is what today looked like:

squat (ATG) 225 5x5
RDL- 225 4x6
leg press (all the way down, just the weights, not the sled weight) 340 4x6
leg curl- 3x8
leg ext-3x8
legs are so tired right now, I cant believe how easy those squats felt.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for your honest opinion and great log!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed our product ;)

well guys, all good things have to come to an end. today was my last serving of this apple goodness. I would like to say thanks again to finaflex and their awesome reps to allow me to log this product for them. here is my final review and workout of the day.

taste- 9/10 easily one of the best tasting BCAA products I have ever had. very sweet/sour apple flavor. very refreshing.

mixability- 8/10 for a BCAA product this mixed extremely well. most BCAA's have a lot of "floaters" but this did not, if you let it sit some would collect on the bottom but that is no big deal for me. I always mixed it with about 18oz of water. and shook it 5-10 times and it was good to go.

endurance- 6/10 I don't know if I felt MUCH of a difference with the endurance but if anything it did give a placebo affect and made me "feel" like I could go longer.

recovery- 8/10 this was pretty noticeable in my opinion. my DOMS was greatly reduced following workouts where I absolutely killed it. I would crawl out of the gym and the next morning be perfectly fine, where as before this I would be super sore.

overall 8/10 I really enjoyed this product. it has great taste, price is reasonable and I felt like it improved my recovery. my weights on my lifts all increased and I would love to continue using this product.

I destroyed my legs today. I PR'd in squats (easily) it felt like I should of upped the weight 10lbs instead of 5lbs. my DOMS is still almost non existent.
I am still rolling out my IT band, it is excruciatingly painful when I do it but my knee feels ALOT better since I have started. here is what today looked like:

squat (ATG) 225 5x5
RDL- 225 4x6
leg press (all the way down, just the weights, not the sled weight) 340 4x6
leg curl- 3x8
leg ext-3x8
legs are so tired right now, I cant believe how easy those squats felt.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome log and review man. Glad you enjoyed it and we appreciate the great log.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Awesome log and review man. Glad you enjoyed it and we appreciate the great log.
not a problem. I hope you keep me in mind for future logs :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice log and review man!

On the DC, do it the way it is written. You say you are open to suggestions, but everyone keeps suggesting is to follow it as written. However you keep disregarding that. Honestly man give the program the benefit of the doubt that it works and a chance for it to work as written before tweaking it/ Otherwise you will A: never know how well it truly works for your, or B: will never know if your tweaks improved or took away from your results.

If you are finishing 2-3 warm up sets and a work set with 2-4 minutes rest in 25 minutes then you are not timing your rest periods out correctly. Each exercise & DC stretch should take a block out about 12-15 minutes for that body part before starting the next exercise. If you are doing that workout in 25 minutes you are going too quickly, there by limiting the amount of resistance you can use on each exercise. DC is a power building type program. Maximum weight for the repetitions is the goal, this means you allow for ample rest periods like you do in a power lifting program, none of this 60-90 seconds stuff you do with a volume program.

So you figure on a typical DC split

Chest - 12-15 minutes
Back Width - 12-15 minutes
Shoulders - 12-15 minutes or 9-12 minutes with one less warm up set
Back Thickness - 12-15 minutes or 9-12 minutes with one less warm up
Triceps - 12-15 minutes or 9-12 minutes with one less warm up set

So now we are looking at a program that requires a lot more than 25 minutes. Think longer rest periods and more strength / resistance used on your work set and drop sets. Longer rest should allow for a bit more weight to be used. DOn't forget about the DC stretch at the end of each exercise the set up and then one minute stretch takes a little time too. So if you slow it down and use more resistance you will get more out of it and really enjoy pushing your weights and muscle mass to new highs.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
thanks a lot for the response^ ya I am going to follow it how it is. I am liking it so far. have you ran it? how did you like it?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, I have run it with great success. I have done both the younger mans version and the over 35 version. Both are extremely effective. Really just a difference in the target rep ranges. The program definitely works and if you have been used to high volume then this will be a big change to you and your body will respond very well to the new type of intensity and stimulus.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Oh yeah, I have run it with great success. I have done both the younger mans version and the over 35 version. Both are extremely effective. Really just a difference in the target rep ranges. The program definitely works and if you have been used to high volume then this will be a big change to you and your body will respond very well to the new type of intensity and stimulus.
never heard of 2 different version. whats the rep range difference.
ya like I said I am sticking with it. I like it so far. and yes I was doing pretty high volume so its a nice change

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did DC for a little while and i really enjoyed it. Definitely was a big change!