A positive Steroid report from Fox News

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
You will find the answers in my signature. If you guys honestly believe the "Government" runs the show you are mistaken. Corporations / Pharmaceuticals and banks own you and everything around you.

When you look for an answer look higher than what the media is telling you.....keep going up and up the chain of BS.

Much Love,

Neoborn

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well he is right in the sense that they hate our interference in their region of the world and do not want us importing our brand of capitalism/mass media culture to their society. In that sense they do hate our freedom, but only because they worry, justifiably, that we have our eyes on their land. They do indeed hate us and everything we represent, but again, we have supported corrupt governments, overthrown governments, and supported their arch rivals, the Israelis. They do want to blow us off the face of the earth, but our current strategy is not making us any friends either so it is time we just ignored that area of the world. With all the money we have spent on this stupid war, we could have invested in alternative fuels/technology/infrastructure and limited our dependence on these psychopaths oil. Then with the left over money we could build a huge fence down on the border, staff INS with enough ground resources, and secure all of our ports. Eventually the hatred to the US will subside in the region once we remove our presence there. You can not win a war against a religion, this is not like the cold war where you are dealing with a rational enemy, these people are nuts and they scare the hell out of me. Our current strategy is misguided and is only accomplishing to make the situation worse.
They didn't have satellite TV 20 years ago to have "the way americans live" jammed down their throats either.. its all gotten worse since then. But plenty of attacks happened even then

Nov. 4, Tehran, Iran: Iranian radical students seized the U.S. embassy, taking 66 hostages. 14 were later released. The remaining 52 were freed after 444 days on the day of President Reagan's inauguration.
1982–1991
Lebanon: Thirty US and other Western hostages kidnapped in Lebanon by Hezbollah. Some were killed, some died in captivity, and some were eventually released. Terry Anderson was held for 2,454 days.
April 18, Beirut, Lebanon: U.S. embassy destroyed in suicide car-bomb attack; 63 dead, including 17 Americans. The Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility.
Oct. 23, Beirut, Lebanon: Shiite suicide bombers exploded truck near U.S. military barracks at Beirut airport, killing 241 marines. Minutes later a second bomb killed 58 French paratroopers in their barracks in West Beirut.
Dec. 12, Kuwait City, Kuwait: Shiite truck bombers attacked the U.S. embassy and other targets, killing 5 and injuring 80.
Sept. 20, east Beirut, Lebanon: truck bomb exploded outside the U.S. embassy annex, killing 24, including 2 U.S. military.
Dec. 3, Beirut, Lebanon: Kuwait Airways Flight 221, from Kuwait to Pakistan, hijacked and diverted to Tehran. 2 Americans killed.
April 12, Madrid, Spain: Bombing at restaurant frequented by U.S. soldiers, killed 18 Spaniards and injured 82.
June 14, Beirut, Lebanon: TWA Flight 847 en route from Athens to Rome hijacked to Beirut by Hezbollah terrorists and held for 17 days. A U.S. Navy diver executed.
Oct. 7, Mediterranean Sea: gunmen attack Italian cruise ship, Achille Lauro. One U.S. tourist killed. Hijacking linked to Libya.
Dec. 18, Rome, Italy, and Vienna, Austria: airports in Rome and Vienna were bombed, killing 20 people, 5 of whom were Americans. Bombing linked to Libya.
April 2, Athens, Greece:A bomb exploded aboard TWA flight 840 en route from Rome to Athens, killing 4 Americans and injuring 9.
April 5, West Berlin, Germany: Libyans bombed a disco frequented by U.S. servicemen, killing 2 and injuring hundreds.
Dec. 21, Lockerbie, Scotland: N.Y.-bound Pan-Am Boeing 747 exploded in flight from a terrorist bomb and crashed into Scottish village, killing all 259 aboard and 11 on the ground. Passengers included 35 Syracuse University students and many U.S. military personnel. Libya formally admitted responsibility 15 years later (Aug. 2003) and offered $2.7 billion compensation to victims' families.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
We know about all of these attacks. And you think it's because of our freedom? It's because we've been interfering in Middle Eastern politics (which is completely irrational, and Ronald Reagan even used this as one of the reasons he pulled Marines out of the ME after he said he wouldn't) and the blind support of Israel.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Allowing a well funded group that has vowed the death at the mandate of their god of all who do not ascribe to their religion unchecked because its not on our landmass is standard democrat sticking your head in the sand. The attacks on embassies were attacks on american sovereign soil, and as per usual the democrat president mostly pretended it didn't happen, as it mostly just killed marines, and none of his political cronies.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Allowing a well funded group that has vowed the death at the mandate of their god of all who do not ascribe to their religion unchecked because its not on our landmass is standard democrat sticking your head in the sand. The attacks on embassies were attacks on american sovereign soil, and as per usual the democrat president mostly pretended it didn't happen, as it mostly just killed marines, and none of his political cronies.
You do remember how much the Republicans criticized the Clinton Administration when he attacked Afghanistan, I vividly remember them accusing Clinton of trying to distract the country from the Monica Lewinsky scandal. I also remember baby Bush putting international terrorism on his low priority list after he won the election. The problem is with both democrats and republicans trying to leverage every damn incident for some type of political gains. Both parties only seemed concerned with increasing their own power and almost could care less about what is going on in the world and what are good solutions, they just want to fight each other for no ****ing reason. If a democrat does something, republicans criticize it, if republicans do something, democrats criticize. There are a few people of goodwill in each party but they are almost forced by the leadership in both parties to tow the party line or else no more financial assistance in their next campaign. Easy these blanket attacks against democrats are getting a bit tiresome and you are smart enough to not demonize and stereotype people that you disagree with. Both parties are guilty, and both parties need to stop bickering like petty children and start working together to solve our country's problems.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Both parties are guilty, and both parties need to stop bickering like petty children and start working together to solve our country's problems.
But they are....they are ridding this country of the EVIL STEROID SCOURGE!!!

/not really, just driving it more underground and spending assloads more money on another drug war they cannot win.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You do remember how much the Republicans criticized the Clinton Administration when he attacked Afghanistan, I vividly remember them accusing Clinton of trying to distract the country from the Monica Lewinsky scandal. I also remember baby Bush putting international terrorism on his low priority list after he won the election. The problem is with both democrats and republicans trying to leverage every damn incident for some type of political gains. Both parties only seemed concerned with increasing their own power and almost could care less about what is going on in the world and what are good solutions, they just want to fight each other for no ****ing reason. If a democrat does something, republicans criticize it, if republicans do something, democrats criticize. There are a few people of goodwill in each party but they are almost forced by the leadership in both parties to tow the party line or else no more financial assistance in their next campaign. Easy these blanket attacks against democrats are getting a bit tiresome and you are smart enough to not demonize and stereotype people that you disagree with. Both parties are guilty, and both parties need to stop bickering like petty children and start working together to solve our country's problems.
I've mostly been feeding back what i've been getting in the thread :) Being called mindless because I support a war that was voted for by a majority in congress irks me.

Its true that the parties need to work together, but I can't see ignoring the middle east to be a reasonable solution. It just puts it off into the future. Setting goals including penalties for failure for the Iraqi government is reasonable, but I can't think we'll have less than 30,000 troops there any time in the next 10-15 years. it will take that long for their government to stabilize and train people. Its just like with china. Per mile driven, China has 600 x as many auto related fatalities as in the US. The main reason why is that it isn't a piece of their culture yet. Plenty of people are first time in their family history car buyers. a generation or two from now, there will be children who grew up used to being in cars, and more familiar with roads, signs, etc and that number will get closer to ours. Its not much different with trying to establish a representative goverment in Iraq.

I'm as well tired of the arguments that we shouldn't have gone in, because its irrelevant now, we are there, and can't leave a vacuum. Total withdrawal on an arbitrary time schedule set by politicians sitting in posh chairs 6000 miles away doesn't work either.

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
I've mostly been feeding back what i've been getting in the thread :) Being called mindless because I support a war that was voted for by a majority in congress irks me.
How does agreeing with congress do anything other than hurt one's argument? :) Their approval rating matches their collective IQ.

All I'm saying is that the US is killing 10x more Muslims than there are Muslims killing Americans. We can go on and on about how barbaric and savage they are, but the fact is, we're killing them in droves while they're making video tapes with empty threats.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How many of our civilians weren't is more the point. If someone were to start throwing punches at a bar, do you stand there and just let him throw the punches as he feels like it and do nothing? or do you hit back?

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
But no one in the ME has the capabilities to attack America like that, we're bombing and invading willy nilly because we can, not because we have to. The Project for a New American Century and the Wolfowitz Doctrine layed out these plans years in advance of 9/11. Enough with this whole "ME threat" that can barely be labeled a threat, we have ulterior motives and everyone knows it.

You're putting more importance on American lives over foreigners. They're not, they really aren't. One dead person is one dead person, no matter their country of origin.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But no one in the ME has the capabilities to attack America like that, we're bombing and invading willy nilly because we can, not because we have to. The Project for a New American Century and the Wolfowitz Doctrine layed out these plans years in advance of 9/11. Enough with this whole "ME threat" that can barely be labeled a threat, we have ulterior motives and everyone knows it.

You're putting more importance on American lives over foreigners. They're not, they really aren't. One dead person is one dead person, no matter their country of origin.
But if we wait until a nuclear missle from Iran strikes in the US, then we have already had our citizens die. Their president has called for the death of america more than once.

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
But if we wait until a nuclear missle from Iran strikes in the US, then we have already had our citizens die. Their president has called for the death of america more than once.
Then open up discussion with Iran, immediately. Nothing's going to be achieved by refusing to speak with the other. Diplomacy is supposed to be the first course of action, not bombs... Then get them to agree to UN weapons inspections. There are several steps that can be taken to avoid war and to quell mounting talk of it.

Of course, none of this will be done. The US is hell bent on invading Iran and that's exactly what's going to happen.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And when like with Iraq, they spend 10 years refusing to comply with UN inspections rules? then what.. we wait another 10 or 20 years?

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
Correct me if I'm wrong, but until 98 UN inspectors were in Iraq?... During this time there were problems, but Iraq accused some of the inspectors of being US spies, which turned out to be quite true.

After that, the UN pulled inspectors out for a short time and Iraq didn't agree to let them back until sanctions against them were lifted. Although during the final hour Iraq did allow UN inspectors back in, when once again, nothing was found.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong, but until 98 UN inspectors were in Iraq?... During this time there were problems, but Iraq accused some of the inspectors of being US spies, which turned out to be quite true.

After that, the UN pulled inspectors out for a short time and Iraq didn't agree to let them back until sanctions against them were lifted. Although during the final hour Iraq did allow UN inspectors back in, when once again, nothing was found.
They weren't allowed to go where they wanted to, could not go to facilities unannounced, which is against the point of inspecting if you have to give 3 days notice to inspect a site. Also he weaseled around the oil for food that he was allowed to sell and was stockpiling cash and spending it in unknown ways, also against un agreed upon sanctions. What use is the UN if we should let someone ignore its rulings indefinitely?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
What use is the UN if we should let someone ignore its rulings indefinitely?
You mean kind of like Israel defying the orders to withdraw from colonies they established in Palestine? And continuing to build establishments there in complete defiance of the U.N.?

How come you don't hear about that?

AM07

Awards
  • Established
And when like with Iraq, they spend 10 years refusing to comply with UN inspections rules? then what.. we wait another 10 or 20 years?
If I recall correctly, it was Saudi Arabians that attacked us on 9/11, correct? Not Iraqis.

And the leader of Iran is not stupid enough to launch a nuke (first of all, they don't have the capability due to distance) because he knows his country would be DESTROYED if that happened.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Also, I wasn't born when this happened, but anyone remember this image?

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Is all this thread hijacking because the politics forum is down?

Much Love,

Neoborn