MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Rocket3015 - Your AM family loves and misses you Brother! We are all pulling for you!!!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Rocket3015 I hope you do see these messages and know we are all missing you! Know you have so many people praying for you and pulling for you!! I’m sure you are staying positive while your family and nurses are all loving on you!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you’re hanging tough, Rocket! I gave some blood the other day and was thinking about your frequent platelet transfusions as I watched a man donating them - I hope you are getting all the best treatment. Feel better soon.
DITTO!!!! Miss you around here Rocket! Hurry back nice and healthy!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So we are at the end of September, so in my mind you have already had your bone marrow transplant and are recovering, getting yourself ready for your triumphant return to your AM Family! Hurry up Ol' Man! We miss you here.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This ain’t lookin good. Praying to Rocket and his family

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry I didn’t post this earlier- his daughter posted this 9/19. That was the last update- so hopefully things are improving!

“We are 5 weeks into the hospital stay at Hershey. He was able to get into some regular clothes today and move around a bit. Waiting for some bacterial culture results to possibly change up the antibiotic treatment.”

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sorry I didn’t post this earlier- his daughter posted this 9/19. That was the last update- so hopefully things are improving!

“We are 5 weeks into the hospital stay at Hershey. He was able to get into some regular clothes today and move around a bit. Waiting for some bacterial culture results to possibly change up the antibiotic treatment.”
Great news!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I wonder if this means he did not get the transplant yet due to the infection. What a nightmare. He must be in really bad shape not to even get on here from his phone or something.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wonder if this means he did not get the transplant yet due to the infection. What a nightmare. He must be in really bad shape not to even get on here from his phone or something.
That may be the case.

But also, sometimes when people go through things like this, they want to go through it alone or with the people that are closest to them, like their family. I'm sure he appreciates our prayers and support.

But the fitness community right now may also be a reminder of something very important to him that he cannot currently do at this time, which is probably very difficult on him, not being able to train and workout.

So it may be a combination of him focusing on family and also it could possibly bum him out to look at anything related to fitness and health when he cannot do those things right now that are so important to him.

I'm not trying to speak for him in any way, just giving a personal perspective from where there was something I really love and was very passionate about that I can't do since my accident, and it took me from Feb. 2022 until last month before I would even go around it or look at it again. I wished everyone else doing it the best, but me looking at it myself was just a reminder to me that I can't.

I think the best thing we can all do is keep him and his family in our hopes and prayers and post encouragement and kind things here in this thread, so that if he does look at it, he'll know how much he means to us.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No, I totally get that, and considered all of those factors as well. I just know how bad of shape I would have to be to not come on and let people that I know care, and are concerned for me that I was okay even if struggling. Especially if I knew they were reaching out to my family for updates. Knowing him the way we do, we know it is deeply out of character, and that concerns me for him.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear some improvement and updates!

titanium3m

Awards
Stay strong Rocket. Hope to hear from you soon. Life knocks you down sometimes and we all know you will get back up. Keep the fight.

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is what I'm thinking, the infection was killing his back, what pisses me off, it took them 2 -3 weeks to figure out it was an infection. They had been sticking all kinds of things in his back. I'm not a Dr. but I think they would have thought this was as possibility right off the bat for all the severe pain. let an infection go for too long untreated it can be hard to get under control.
My Dad went through the same thing after a surgery and he was in his 40's at the time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just checking in on you Rocket, for any new updates…..stay strong my friend. Glad to hear some positive news in @love2liftkat last update.
I was just thinking about posting up in here myself. Miss you @Rocket3015 Get well soon!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I noticed he hasn't posted on his FB page in ages either, have you heard any further updates?

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We miss you @Rocket3015!

His daughter posted a couple of days ago that good things we happening, that he’s getting stronger and working towards going home! So great news!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We miss you @Rocket3015!

His daughter posted a couple of days ago that good things we happening, that he’s getting stronger and working towards going home! So great news!!
Good news! Thanks for the update!

ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards
We miss you @Rocket3015!

Thanks again for the update! We all appreciate it

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We miss you @Rocket3015!

@love2liftkat Great news, do you think you could message her and ask if he has already had the transplant or is he still fighting with the infection? That would be a huge stress relief if we knew he already had the bone marrow transplant.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hoping Rocket will be back soon. Missing the day in the life and in the mail posts from him.