4wk Androhard/Androlean 4wkPCT log

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day Seven:

First dose at 0730 with no side effects. Second dose at 1430 with mild stomach discomfort. Got the nutrition back on the ball this AM, feeling great. Pumped to get back in the gym tmrw and destroy my legs. Starting to notice the recomp power of AH/AL. I’m becoming more defined in problem areas and starting to really “V” out. No negative PH sides to speak of (hair loss, mood change, etc.)

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -325.3g (55%)
Carbohydrates -105.1g (18%)
Fats -71.6g (27%)
Total Calories -2,364

Training:

3.5 mile run @ 5mph

Weight and BF% will be posted first thing tmrw AM (well…when I wake up)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Tell me that's not the best feeling in the world, I love being sore
I agree! For me it makes the muscle "feel really sensitive" so i usually do light contractions with no weight to further develop the "mind/muscle" connection. Keep up the good work my friend!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Stats for Week 1:

Weight -212lb (from 212.4lb) .4lb Weight change
Body Fat % -11.0% (from 12.7%) 1.7% decrease in BF
Lbs Fat -23.32 (from 26.5) 3.18lb of fat gone
Lean Body Mass -188.68lb (from 185.9lb) 2.78lb of muscle gained

This is pretty unbelievable, but the numbers dont lie and neither does the mirror. Week two starts today.

Wan1984

Awards
I am definitely going to keep up with your log since I am looking to start the same cycle in a little while. Have you noticed anything like side effects from using any of your other supps with this stack?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stats for Week 1:

This is pretty unbelievable, but the numbers dont lie and neither does the mirror. Week two starts today.
Nice to have this type of detail, definitely impressive so far.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stats for Week 1:

Awesome progress my friend, you should be able to transform your body from Blah to Whahh in no time flat Bro, keep up the great work! Not sure if you got this end of it all covered, but I know these 3 little tricks work well for me:

1) I drink 2-3 gallons of water a day (helps flush out sodium, giving you a dryer, harder look)
2) I put cayenne pepper on all my salty foods (I use cayenne vs. hot-sauce to keep the sodium in check) red pepper speeds metabolism & increases thermogenesis in the body.
3) I put cinnamon in/on everything sweet (an excellent insulin regulator) making it more likely that you burn/use your carbs vs. store them.

* None of these tricks work miracles, but every little bit helps and it all adds up, so if you do enough small positive things it will equal a big thing!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I am definitely going to keep up with your log since I am looking to start the same cycle in a little while. Have you noticed anything like side effects from using any of your other supps with this stack?
I have not been taking the Beta-Alanine. To answer your question no I have not had any sides. I do try to space everything out though so I'm not cramming a bunch of stuff down at once. Thanks for checking out my thread.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Awesome progress my friend, you should be able to transform your body from Blah to Whahh in no time flat Bro, keep up the great work! Not sure if you got this end of it all covered, but I know these 3 little tricks work well for me:

1) I drink 2-3 gallons of water a day (helps flush out sodium, giving you a dryer, harder look)
2) I put cayenne pepper on all my salty foods (I use cayenne vs. hot-sauce to keep the sodium in check) red pepper speeds metabolism & increases thermogenesis in the body.
3) I put cinnamon in/on everything sweet (an excellent insulin regulator) making it more likely that you burn/use your carbs vs. store them.

* None of these tricks work miracles, but every little bit helps and it all adds up, so if you do enough small positive things it will equal a big thing!
Thanks for checking in bro. Im taking in about 2 gallons a day, and I'm going to try the cinnamon as well as convert to cayenne vs. hot sauce. Every little trick helps and I appreciate you sharing them.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've yet to see any solid evidence that cinnamon does anything for insulin levels. I should probably dig out the meta-analysis from a couple of years ago saying that it is ineffective.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No they don't bro that's impressive man I'm jealout. I'm not dopping any weight on scales which is frusturating, but I can see a difference in def in arms, shoulders, and traps.

Stats for Week 1:

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've yet to see any solid evidence that cinnamon does anything for insulin levels. I should probably dig out the meta-analysis from a couple of years ago saying that it is ineffective.
It is highly recommended with diabetics trying to control their insulin levels with diet, so if it works for them, why would it not work the same for a non-diabetic?

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/AR/archive/jul00/cinn0700.htm

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/588859

Rodja, I'm not saying that by adding cinnamon to his diet is going to work miracles, only suggesting it will help. In all the studies I have read, it has been scientifically proven to help regulate insulin sensitivity, not trying to start an argument, just curious as to where you are getting your information from (always up for new research)?

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
No they don't bro that's impressive man I'm jealout. I'm not dopping any weight on scales which is frusturating, but I can see a difference in def in arms, shoulders, and traps.
Its all about seeing the difference, I try not to use the scale as a judge of progress but more as a tool. Sounds like you're doing a fine job of using the cycle to recomp.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
It is highly recommended with diabetics trying to control their insulin levels with diet, so if it works for them, why would it not work the same for a non-diabetic?

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/AR/archive/jul00/cinn0700.htm

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/588859

Rodja, I'm not saying that by adding cinnamon to his diet is going to work miracles, only suggesting it will help. In all the studies I have read, it has been scientifically proven to help regulate insulin sensitivity, not trying to start an argument, just curious as to where you are getting your information from (always up for new research)?
I'll definitely try the cinnamon, its very inexpensive and hey...it makes stuff taste better (how can I go wrong?).

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll definitely try the cinnamon, its very inexpensive and hey...it makes stuff taste better (how can I go wrong?).
Agreed! Just curious, how often do you plan to post update pictures?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Meta-analysis questions cinnamon's diabetes benefits

1/11/2008 - Despite numerous studies championing the role of cinnamon for diabetes management, a new meta-analysis has raised questions as to the potential benefits of the supplements.

A meta-analysis of five randomised placebo-controlled trials involving 282 subjects found no significant benefits of cinnamon supplement on glycated haemoglobin (A1C), fasting blood glucose (FBG), or other lipid parameters.

And even when the researchers, from the University of Connecticut and Hartford Hospital, looked at various sub-groups, no apparent benefits were observed.

"Cinnamon does not appear to improve A1C, FBG, or lipid parameters in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes," wrote lead author William Baker in the journal Diabetes Care.

An estimated 19 million people are affected by diabetes in the EU 25, equal to four per cent of the total population. This figure is projected to increase to 26 million by 2030.

In the US, there are over 20 million people with diabetes, equal to seven per cent of the population. The total costs are thought to be as much as $132 billion, with $92 billion being direct costs from medication, according to 2002 American Diabetes Association figures.

The new meta-analysis challenges other studies that reported potential benefits of the spice. A previous study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture reported in 2003 (Diabetes Care, Vol. 26, pp. 3215-3218) that just 1g of the spice per day reduced blood glucose levels, as well as triglycerides, LDL cholesterol, and total cholesterol in a small group of people with type 2 diabetes.

A placebo-controlled, double-blind study published in 2006 (Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Vol. 25, pp. 144-150) reported that cinnamon and a cinnamon extract (Cinnulin PF) could reduce blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR).

Furthermore, a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (June 2007, Vol. 85, pp. 1552-1556) reported that cinnamon could lead to slower emptying of the stomach and reduce the rise in blood sugar after eating.

However, there have been toxicity concerns over consistent consumption or high doses of whole cinnamon or fat-soluble extracts.

Indeed, two federal institutes in Germany recently called for cinnamon dietary supplements carrying health claims to reduce blood sugar and help control type-2 diabetes should be classed as 'medicinal products', and regulated as such.

The joint announcement from the Federal Institute for Medicinal Products and MedicalDevices (BfArM) and the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) states their opinion that products marketed with a diabetes health claim should be classified as medicinal products and required to seek marketing authorisation.

The concerns came about from differing coumarin levels in some products, said to cause liver damage and inflammation when higher doses are taken over a longer period by sensitive individuals.

Source: Diabetes Care
January 2008, Volume 31, Pages 41-43, doi: 10.2337/dc07-1711
"Effect of cinnamon on Glucose Control and Lipid Parameters"
Authors: W.L. Baker, G. Gutierrez-Williams, C.M. White, J. Kluger, C.I. Coleman

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day Eight:

First dose at 0730 with no side effects. Second dose at 1430 with no side effects. Sill running solid on the cycle not showing any signs of PH side effects (have a couple zits on my forehead which is not normal for me but not sure if its from the cycle). Hit legs today in the gym with extreme focus and motivation. This was quite possibly the best leg
workout I’ve EVER had. I posted my stats earlier this AM, and I’ll include them in this log as well just in case they were missed (I was quite shocked with my week one results).

Stats for Week 1:

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -290.6g (47%)

Carbohydrates -92.3g (15%)

Fats -103g (38%)

Total Calories -2,330

Training:

Squat -1x6 @ 350lb, 1x6 @ 405lb, 1x4 @ 500lb
Leg Press -3x6 @ 710lb, 900lb, 1000lb
Leg Extension -3x20 @ 220lb
RDL -3x6 @ 225lb
Lying Leg Curl -3x20 @110lb
Standing Calf Raise -3x30 @205lb
Seated Calf Raise -3x30 @ 115lb

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Agreed! Just curious, how often do you plan to post update pictures?
I was thinking about posting progress pics at week two, however if it is helpful I will be more than willing to post end of week one progress pics.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rodja... Can you post or PM me the link to that study so I can read it in its entirety?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was thinking about posting progress pics at week two, however if it is helpful I will be more than willing to post end of week one progress pics.
I know when I did my 12 week body recomposition/transformation I found that the pictures drew more attention to my thread and more validity to what I was doing and claiming! Everyone wants to see someone doing something positive and feed off the motivation and throwing up numbers is awesome, and not saying you are not achieving what you are claiming, only that when people see it, it is much more powerful! Just a suggestion, I'm in for the ride and will follow your Log all the way through either way!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I know when I did my 12 week body recomposition/transformation I found that the pictures drew more attention to my thread and more validity to what I was doing and claiming! Everyone wants to see someone doing something positive and feed off the motivation and throwing up numbers is awesome, and not saying you are not achieving what you are claiming, only that when people see it, it is much more powerful! Just a suggestion, I'm in for the ride and will follow your Log all the way through either way!
Solid Argument. Ill have my GF take pics tonight and get them up as soon as possible. It should be interesting to see them anyway, being that I see myself on a regular basis in the mirror but not on the screen.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Training:

Squat -1x6 @ 350lb, 1x6 @ 405lb, 1x4 @ 500lb
Leg Press -3x6 @ 710lb, 900lb, 1000lb
Leg Extension -3x20 @ 220lb
RDL -3x6 @ 225lb
Lying Leg Curl -3x20 @110lb
Standing Calf Raise -3x30 @205lb
Seated Calf Raise -3x30 @ 115lb
Wow... that's some serious weight up there... "Impressive... Most Impressive"

musclerican

musclerican

Awards
Nice progress, keep it up man :)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's the link to it:
http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/31/1/41.short

The full test is available on the side.
Thank you, very interesting that is the first time I have ever seen anyone argue or do a study to prove other than what I have always learned, ok, Agreed, there is some possibility that it has less effect than once thought, but I did notice that they noted at the end that the size of the study needed to be larger to equal that of the Khan study and other studies out there concluding the opposite of what they concluding! I'm personally going to chalk this one up to (under debate). But I do thank you for sharing that with me, I love to see things from all angles, always open to new opinions and ideas!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
new1.jpg
new2.jpg
new3.jpg

From the pics I really don't see much difference. I stand by the numbers though, and they are accurate (I'll let subscribers be the judge)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No... I see it, your hair is definitely shorter in the 2nd set of picts!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From the pics I really don't see much difference. I stand by the numbers though, and they are accurate (I'll let subscribers be the judge)
Just joking with you Bro, all kidding aside, it's too soon to see any major difference, but looking very hard, I think I see a little size difference as in you look a little bigger, no worries, give it another week! I definitely dig you doing the pictures the exact same way and in the exact same place, will make it easier to really differentiate later, so next week I would post the start in comparison to the end of week2, if you continue at this rate the difference should be much more noticeable!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Just joking with you Bro, all kidding aside, it's too soon to see any major difference, but looking very hard, I think I see a little size difference as in you look a little bigger, no worries, give it another week! I definitely dig you doing the pictures the exact same way and in the exact same place, will make it easier to really differentiate later, so next week I would post the start in comparison to the end of week2, if you continue at this rate the difference should be much more noticeable!
I agree,

How long have you been training TurningGreen? Your massive! Are you more of a heavy weight/low reps type of dude? *seems like it from that leg session 500lb squat!!* I aspire to get to your level i'll keep working hard.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I agree,

How long have you been training TurningGreen? Your massive! Are you more of a heavy weight/low reps type of dude? *seems like it from that leg session 500lb squat!!* I aspire to get to your level i'll keep working hard.
I've been in the gym consistently for about ten years now, but I remember my dad taking my brother and I to the YMCA weight room before we were old enough to care. I would consider the first eight years of that a learning experience, and the last two actual knowledgeable training. I've done a lot of research over the years and pushed my fair share of weight around, but I really feel that only in the last couple of years that I have really embraced a philosophy of both solid training and nutrition. As for my preferred lifting method, I really don't have one. I like to experiment and see how my body reacts. I recently came off of a 16 week bout with Hyperfitness (a Sean Burch training philosophy). I ended with a 6% decrease in BF and a loss of 12lb. Thanks for the complement, makes me want to push even harder (maybe even the next level!) and if you keep putting the time and energy into your workouts and nutrition that you have been there is no doubt that you will attain your goals.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I've been in the gym consistently for about ten years now, but I remember my dad taking my brother and I to the YMCA weight room before we were old enough to care. I would consider the first eight years of that a learning experience, and the last two actual knowledgeable training. I've done a lot of research over the years and pushed my fair share of weight around, but I really feel that only in the last couple of years that I have really embraced a philosophy of both solid training and nutrition. As for my preferred lifting method, I really don't have one. I like to experiment and see how my body reacts. I recently came off of a 16 week bout with Hyperfitness (a Sean Burch training philosophy). I ended with a 6% decrease in BF and a loss of 12lb. Thanks for the complement, makes me want to push even harder (maybe even the next level!) and if you keep putting the time and energy into your workouts and nutrition that you have been there is no doubt that you will attain your goals.
That's really awesome, Dedication always does prevail everyone who has it always shows it. Hell yeah keep pushing on and see where it takes you!
Pretty badass how we're motivating each other haha

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day nine log to come later tonight. I felt it necessary to post this right now. Today I am a "sexual tyrannosaur" (JESSE VENTURA). I may owe my GF an apology.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Little leaner in lower back, just the first week though!
I'm seeing that as well. I did take the photos at night too, after 2 gallons of H20 and 2,300 cal. May have made a little difference. Ill take end week two photos in the AM

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang man that's a good amt of time in the gym lol. I would be hitting 11 solid years if I'd stayed with it. I get so piss off bc at 21 taking only creatine, protein and BCAA's, I benched 350 at 170lb bw. Let myself go, and now feel like I'll never hit that mark again. I keep pushing on though, as I know it will pay off.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Dang man that's a good amt of time in the gym lol. I would be hitting 11 solid years if I'd stayed with it. I get so piss off bc at 21 taking only creatine, protein and BCAA's, I benched 350 at 170lb bw. Let myself go, and now feel like I'll never hit that mark again. I keep pushing on though, as I know it will pay off.
350lb Bench @170lb Body Weight...Impressive...Damn

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day Nine:

First dose at 0730 with no side effects. Second dose at 1430 with minor stomach discomfort. Still running strong on AH/AL. I definitely have signs of raised libido (use your imagination). Hit shoulders today still with extreme focus and motivation. I feel like I am having daily transformation, and every day gets better. I posted end of week one pics yesterday…there are subtle differences, and I’m looking forward to week two progress. Added cinnamon and cayenne to my diet…Doctors order (thanks for the tip again).

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -302.1g (48%)
Carbohydrates -111.4g (18%)
Fats -93.9g (34%)
Total Calories -2,373

Training:

Standing DB Shoulder Press -3x6 @ 65lb
Upright Row -3x8 @ 225lb (muscled through these…wasn’t fun)
Standing DB Lat Raise -3x20 @ 20lb (could have done more, but had some rotator pain)
Standing DB Rear Delt Raise -3x20 @ 25lb
Barbell Shrug -3x6 @ 315lb
DB Shrug -3x20 @ 70lb
Reverse Crunch -3x30
Crunch -3x40
DB Oblique Crunch -3x20 @ 60lb (20 reps each side)

Looking forward to Chest tomorrow

Thanks for reading

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow bro that's a damn good workout very impressive. I haven't notice any stomach discomfort yet, just a surge in aggression and strength.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm seeing that as well. I did take the photos at night too, after 2 gallons of H20 and 2,300 cal. May have made a little difference. Ill take end week two photos in the AM
I definitely agree that if you take your end of 2nd week photos in the AM as soon as you wake up you will definitely look leaner, even when dieting hard, my bodyweight still fluctuates between 5-10Lbs from morning to night, mainly depending on my sodium intake!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I definitely agree that if you take your end of 2nd week photos in the AM as soon as you wake up you will definitely look leaner, even when dieting hard, my bodyweight still fluctuates between 5-10Lbs from morning to night, mainly depending on my sodium intake!
Depending on overall weight and prior food intake I can jump over ten pounds easy.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day Ten:

Took dose one at 0730 with no side effects and dose two at 1430 with no side effects. I was highly motivated once again to hit the gym, and find my self pushing to add weight to my lifts. Tomorrow is a carb load day (which I am looking forward too immensely). No negative PH sides to speak of.

Macro-Nutrients:

Protein -302.7g (47%)
Carbohydrates -106.6g (16%)
Fats -106.3g (37%)
Total Calories -2,395

Training:

Bench Press 1x6 @ 245lb, 2x4 @ 295lb (with spot on last rep of each 295lb set)
DB Incline Press 3x8 @ 75lb
Incline DB Fly 3x20 @ 20lb
Cable Crossover 3x20 @ 40lb
Close Grip Bench 2x6 @ 225lb, 1x4 @ 245lb
DB Overhead Tri. Ext. 3x8 @ 70lb
Tri. Push Down 3x20 @ 130lb
Hanging Leg Raise 3x15
Bicycle Crunch 3x 15 w/10lb Medicine Ball
Plank 3x1min

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Depending on overall weight and prior food intake I can jump over ten pounds easy.
I have had jumps of five pounds from AM to PM myself. I will take end of week two progress pics in the AM. I really was not thinking about it when I posted end of week one pics...I guess I really wanted to get them posted.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have had jumps of five pounds from AM to PM myself. I will take end of week two progress pics in the AM. I really was not thinking about it when I posted end of week one pics...I guess I really wanted to get them posted.
No worries Bro, you look great to begin with, just stay the course, stay focused and strong and keep your eye on your goal, you will see the changes and meet the goals you have set! Consistency, consistency, consistency!!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give me the right meal and I can easily be 5 lbs heavier, but I agree that I always look my driest and leanest in the morning.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow man that is a wicked chest day! I like to see this it gives me motivation!! Keep it up!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Wow man that is a wicked chest day! I like to see this it gives me motivation!! Keep it up!
Thanks bro, I hit it up hard again at the gym today. Ill get my log up later tonight.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day Eleven:

Took dose one at 0850 with no side effects and dose two at 1600 with no side effects. I hit the gym hard again. I carb loaded today and felt like a real FAT A** , eating 3,500 + cal. Is not east for me. No negative PH sides to speak of . I’m seeing some good signs of re-composition, my legs are much more cut as well as my arms. I’m also seeing signs of fat loss in lower back/abdomen areas (problem areas for me).

Macro-Nutrients: (carb load)

Protein -297g (33%)
Carbohydrates -327.7g (37%)
Fats -118.2g (30%)
Total Calories -3,517

Training:

Barbell Bicep Row 3x6 @ 185lb
Lat Pull Down 3x8 @ 165lb
Seated Cable Row 3x20 @ 115lb
EZ Bar Curl 3x6 @ 125lb
Incline DB Curl 3x8 @ 45lb
Preacher Curl 3x20 @ 70lb
Wrist Curl 3x15 @ 30lb
Reverse Wrist Curl 3x15 @ 35lb

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Barbell Bicep Row!! I've never seen this, and def would like to try this out! Thanks

Day Eleven:

Took dose one at 0850 with no side effects and dose two at 1600 with no side effects. I hit the gym hard again. I carb loaded today and felt like a real FAT A** , eating 3,500 + cal. Is not east for me. No negative PH sides to speak of . I’m seeing some good signs of re-composition, my legs are much more cut as well as my arms. I’m also seeing signs of fat loss in lower back/abdomen areas (problem areas for me).

Macro-Nutrients: (carb load)

Protein -297g (33%)
Carbohydrates -327.7g (37%)
Fats -118.2g (30%)
Total Calories -3,517

Training:

Barbell Bicep Row 3x6 @ 185lb
Lat Pull Down 3x8 @ 165lb
Seated Cable Row 3x20 @ 115lb
EZ Bar Curl 3x6 @ 125lb
Incline DB Curl 3x8 @ 45lb
Preacher Curl 3x20 @ 70lb