2010 College Football Season

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
OldGator, Trauma1, and I used to go at each other hardcore. When Bama lost to Florida in '08, I just conceded they were the better team and pulled for them to win the title.
The good old days. It SUCKS being so irrelevant this year.

Sure Boise can get up for one or two games a season. Then they revert back to FCS world. Part of me almost wants them to get to the NCG and get rocked.
IMO that is the only way to remedy the situation permanently so we don't have to hear the whining into the foreseeable future.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
You know Boise hasn't even had the top recruiting class in the WAC every year the past 5 years? They were 5th in the WAC one of the years for that matter. Kellen Moore is NOT impressive either. I could make the throws to WIDE OPEN receivers every play that he does. His arm is about as strong as a 14 year old girls too. If Cam used the WAC schedule for his Heisman campaign does anyone want to guess how much yards per game he'd average? It'd be sick. Not one player on La Tech could of tackled him without help from 3 others.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
RUB - You like the comeback im laying down in ESPN Pick Em'? It helps when I dont pick Alabama to lose EVERY week.. just most.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RUB - You like the comeback im laying down in ESPN Pick Em'? It helps when I dont pick Alabama to lose EVERY week.. just most.
I've been turrrible the past three weeks... just turrrible. Almost blew my entire lead. That's okay though... USC and Ole Miss are gonna get me back to my winning ways. :439:

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Would be a cool Cotton Bowl to watch but other than that.. negative. Pryor vs Newton would be a hell of a game to watch wouldn't it?

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Disclaimer: Not hatin', h0oth. Just saw this and thought it went along with our discussion on Roof. If the defense ends up screwing AU out of a perfect season, Chizik's likely to bootstomp him into Div. III.

"STAT OF THE WEEK: Courtesy of MrSEC.com, Auburn has allowed a defensive touchdown every 19.5 plays (eighth in the SEC) compared to one every 45 plays for Alabama (tops in the SEC). For the fourth straight year as a head coach, Gene Chizik is on pace to have a scoring defense of 23 points or more. Prior to becoming a head coach, Chizik went six straight years at Texas, Auburn and Central Florida with out allowing 19 points or more per game."

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Look at Auburns 4th quarter defensive stats though.. they are unbelievably good. I want to say Auburn has allowed like 10 pts all year in the 4th quarter if I remember correct. Either he's making good adjustments at the end of the game or the other team is just so warn out from how fast paced our games are.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Herbstreit saying the winner of Alabama/Auburn will play verse Boise in the NC game. If that's the case it looks like the state of Alabama will be winning back to back NC's.

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
That would be the only time I'd pull for auburn...that's how much I hate the bsu fellatio ESPN throws down every damn day.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
rub - this is the week that the patented h0other upset train blows past you in Pick-Em!

Let it be known that I am picking against the rest of pick-em in 6 out of my 10 picks this week.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
rub - this is the week that the patented h0other upset train blows past you in Pick-Em!

Let it be known that I am picking against the rest of pick-em in 6 out of my 10 picks this week.
Here are the underdogs, according to the Pick 'Em consensus:

Missouri
Michigan State
Florida
USC
Ole Miss
Minnesota
Boston College
Indiana
Penn State
Kansas State

If you're picking 6 of the above... good luck. I'll take 4 of them.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Here are the underdogs, according to the Pick 'Em consensus:

Missouri
Michigan State
Florida
USC
Ole Miss
Minnesota
Boston College
Indiana
Penn State
Kansas State

If you're picking 6 of the above... good luck. I'll take 4 of them.
Here is 4 of mine.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Plenny you sure you're not a Boise fan? Some Boise guy just called in Finebaum saying if Alabama played a winter game in Boise, in the cold, they would get dominated. The thought of Alabama getting dominated does send tingles down my spine but there is NO WAY it'd happen from Boise. How cute would it be to see a traditional team like Alabma playing on the blue turf.. What's the over/under on 3000 references to it during the broadcoast from Eli.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Plenny you sure you're not a Boise fan? Some Boise guy just called in Finebaum saying if Alabama played a winter game in Boise, in the cold, they would get dominated. The thought of Alabama getting dominated does send tingles down my spine but there is NO WAY it'd happen from Boise. How cute would it be to see a traditional team like Alabma playing on the blue turf.. What's the over/under on 3000 references to it during the broadcoast from Eli.
I just think it's adorable that Boise claims "No one will play us," when Mal Moore says they won't return his calls, and Tom Osbourne says Boise flat-out rejected an offer for a 1-and-1 series with Nebraska.

Anyone who wants a laugh should google the results of the last time Boise State scheduled a ranked SEC team (Georgia; Sep 3, 2005). Whether or not they want to admit it, they l-o-v-e their current scheduling situation.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just think it's adorable that Boise claims "No one will play us," when Mal Moore says they won't return his calls, and Tom Osbourne says Boise flat-out rejected an offer for a 1-and-1 series with Nebraska.

Anyone who wants a laugh should google the results of the last time Boise State scheduled a ranked SEC team (Georgia; Sep 3, 2005). Whether or not they want to admit it, they l-o-v-e their current scheduling situation.
agreed the schedule coupled with the ESPN love fest works very well for Boise.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agreed the schedule coupled with the ESPN love fest works very well for Boise.
Let's all do our best not to act shocked when ESPN makes a "major announcement" in January that they've agreed to a multi-million dollar TV deal with the "new and improved" Mountain West Conference.

Gag.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Let's all do our best not to act shocked when ESPN makes a "major announcement" in January that they've agreed to a multi-million dollar TV deal with the "new and improved" Mountain West Conference.

Gag.
you can put that at the top of MY confidence picks.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I feel your pain. Counting on Ole Miss to give me 10 big points this week though. :wall:
So you're saying that not only did you pick an Ole Miss upset but you put it at the top of your confidence points?

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
I guarantee you that he did not do that. He might bathe in Alabma kool-aid but unless he fell out of the bath and hit his head, he didn't do that.

So you're saying that not only did you pick an Ole Miss upset but you put it at the top of your confidence points?

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love all the defamatory, stereotypical comments about the south at the end. I thought you left coast guys were supposed to be tolerant?
Dude, there are more rednecks per capita in northern California (above SF) and Oregon than anywhere I've ever been. It's hilarious to me that they're so affected... and that they can't tell they've been trolled on. :laugh:

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dude, there are more rednecks per capita in northern California (above SF) and Oregon than anywhere I've ever been. It's hilarious to me that they're so affected... and that they can't tell they've been trolled on. :laugh:
really? I guess I always assumed they were upper crust liberals up in Northern California. There I go with my prejudices. :lol:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
really? I guess I always assumed they were upper crust liberals up in Northern California. There I go with my prejudices. :lol:
The two most conservative areas I know of are Shasta County (NorCal) and Orange County (SoCal). California has a population larger than all of Canada, has over 25 million acres of farmland, and is the nation's top dairy and fruit/veggie producer. Thus, numerous rednecks.... :icon16:

and illegal immigrants... and snotty liberals... and delusional Teabaggers... and... you name it.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The two most conservative areas I know of are Shasta County (NorCal) and Orange County (SoCal). California has a population larger than all of Canada, has over 25 million acres of farmland, and is the nation's top dairy and fruit/veggie producer. Thus, numerous rednecks.... :icon16:

and illegal immigrants... and snotty liberals... and delusional Teabaggers... and... you name it.
I actually love SoCal my wife is from LA, when we visit her family every couple of year I don't want to leave.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually love SoCal my wife is from LA, when we visit her family every couple of year I don't want to leave.
My wife is from L.A. as well. Where does your wife's family live? Must be away from the city itself... because I can't imagine being fond of that hellhole. I lived in San Diego for a while though... (((sigh)))... and I still miss it. Awesome place to live.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My wife is from L.A. as well. Where does your wife's family live? Must be away from the city itself... because I can't imagine being fond of that hellhole. I lived in San Diego for a while though... (((sigh)))... and I still miss it. Awesome place to live.
She was born in East LA (isn't that a song) but spent most of her life in Baldwin Park.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She was born in East LA (isn't that a song) but spent most of her life in Baldwin Park.
Yeah, wasn't that a Cheech & Chong tune? "Green card?... I'm from East L.A.!!!"

Our nephews live relatively close to Baldwin Park, in El Monte.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, wasn't that a Cheech & Chong tune? "Green card?... I'm from East L.A.!!!"

Our nephews live relatively close to Baldwin Park, in El Monte.
Oh yeah been to El Monte she has relatives there. We get off the plane in LAX and rent a car and drive immediately to an In-N-Out, she loves that stuff and waxes rapsotic about it.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do they have Five Guys Burgers & Fries out there? Once I discovered them, I've not gone back to In-N-Out.

http://www.fiveguys.com/home.aspx
omg yes they do with their 1000 calorie platter of fries! It's not something I would eat very often but they have some really good burgers. I don't think IN-n-Out is the best thing ever but you couldn't convince my wife of that. In-n-Out was born there in Baldwin Park so some of that is probably nostalgia but it's pretty good.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
omg yes they do with their 1000 calorie platter of fries! It's not something I would eat very often but they have some really good burgers. I don't think IN-n-Out is the best thing ever but you couldn't convince my wife of that. In-n-Out was born there in Baldwin Park so some of that is probably nostalgia but it's pretty good.
That's funny, 'cause my lady is the same way about In-N-Out! There's definitely the sentimental SoCal connection. :heart:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it just me, or does it disgust anyone else that the Big East gets to put an automatic qualifier into a BCS bowl? :cussing:
Big East Standings (11/29)

Pittsburgh
2-0 (4-3)
Syracuse
2-1 (5-2)
Cincinnati
1-1 (3-4)
Rutgers
1-1 (4-3)
Louisville
1-1 (4-3)
West Virginia
1-2 (5-3)
South Florida
1-2 (4-3)
Connecticut
1-2 (4-4)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I lived in Oceanside & San Diego for 4 short years. I've been gone since 97 & still miss it!! The food & women......

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I lived in Oceanside & San Diego for 4 short years. I've been gone since 97 & still miss it!! The food & women......
Dude, you ain't lying. The Latina and Asian women down there are ridiculously hawt (The blondes too, if that's your thing), and they love to be outdoors. Old Town San Diego is the absolute bomb-diggity for any kind of cuisine one desires. The weather is awesome year-round, and there are plenty of military PXs and commissaries for me to utilize.

I keep saying I'll make my way back there when/if I ever retire. :sigh1:

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is it just me, or does it disgust anyone else that the Big East gets to put an automatic qualifier into a BCS bowl? :cussing:
Big East Standings (11/29)

Pittsburgh
2-0 (4-3)
Syracuse
2-1 (5-2)
Cincinnati
1-1 (3-4)
Rutgers
1-1 (4-3)
Louisville
1-1 (4-3)
West Virginia
1-2 (5-3)
South Florida
1-2 (4-3)
Connecticut
1-2 (4-4)
yeah it's a pretty sad state of affairs in the Big East. They could make ESPN happy and give that spot to the WAC champ starting next year.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Blondes? I need to come see San Diego!
I love San Diego if I hit the lottery I'm retiring there as soon as I find the right home on the beach. If not I'll be living right here in rural Ohio until I die, which isn't all bad. Big game against Minnesota tonight(yeah right) GO BUCKS!

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Another example of why the SEC is the best conference -- When Ohio State plays the bottom teams in the decision its an auto-win. When the top teams in the SEC play the bottom (SC vs Tenn), it's a 10-10 game at half.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Another example of why the SEC is the best conference -- When Ohio State plays the bottom teams in the decision its an auto-win. When the top teams in the SEC play the bottom (SC vs Tenn), it's a 10-10 game at half.
Maybe that speaks to the mediocrity at the top of the SEC. Just sayin, it's all in how you look at things.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Clemson will win the ACC.
Hey, explain to me again how Clemson is gonna pull that off.

I actually gave them a ton of confidence points today. Not because I think they're any good at all, mind you... but because they were playing 2-5 Boston College. Sure win, right? :pat:

Here is 4 of mine.

Kansas State
I thought about picking K-State, until I compared the two teams' results against Nebraska in their home stadiums.
Transitive property rationale. It works sometimes.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Ever since we nailed Kyle Parker, Clemson has not been the same. (I'll make myself believe that, they have fallen apart!)

My college pick-em is officially in the toilet.

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
That one confidence point upset over Auburn is SOLID by the way. Where is your transitive property on that one?