2010 College Football Season

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Auburn was also Gators only blemish in their one loss championship year of '06. I think Gators get another crack in 2011.
Cam Newton will steal Urban's playbook for that game. No... literally.

:18:

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
I'm worried about Indiana next week that's a terrific offense we may not be able to score enough points to keep up. We play Wisconsin at Camp Randall after that which could be a loss, followed by Purdue, Minnesota and Penn State we win those 3 by 24. The last 2 games are Iowa and Michigan which will be tough. So in summation we may not win very many more games this season but we'll be bowl eligible and go lose to South Carolina in the Outhouse bowl.
I agree with RR. Relax. Besides it's tough to talk up the "competition" in the Big Ten this year. It could be alot worse, you could have to play in a certain conference in the Southeast where there is actually more than 1 other decent team (sorry BN, I couldn't resist).

You won't be tested until you get to Glendale, which doesn't help your Bucks.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Told ya. Saw this one coming a mile away. Oh well... the streak had to end some time.

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
It's definitely going to end when u can't make chip shot field goals and a PAT! It was a good run while it lasted.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My boys got their butts handed to them today, and it was well-deserved. Bama will be better for it in the long run. Not many seniors on this team.

Congrats to the Gamecock fans in this thread.

As for the haters... you have absolutely nothing to say but, "Damn, that was an impressive run."

On to the next.

RTR.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Told ya. Saw this one coming a mile away. Oh well... the streak had to end some time.
It's definitely going to end when u can't make chip shot field goals and a PAT! It was a good run while it lasted.
My boys got their butts handed to them today, and it was well-deserved. Bama will be better for it in the long run. Not many seniors on this team.

As for the haters... you have absolutely nothing to say but, "Damn, that was an impressive run."

On to the next.

RTR.
Anytime a c0ck goes into a crimson tide it's gonna get messy hahahahahaha! It really was a good run and I'm shocked that they lost like that. What a great day of college football! I love this game! My beloved Buckeyes rolled, meatchicken and retard robinson were exposed today, and the mighty tide have fallen at last.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree with RR. Relax. Besides it's tough to talk up the "competition" in the Big Ten this year. It could be alot worse, you could have to play in a certain conference in the Southeast where there is actually more than 1 other decent team (sorry BN, I couldn't resist).

You won't be tested until you get to Glendale, which doesn't help your Bucks.
I wear everybody's contempt like a badge of honor as should everyone who loves the new #1 team in the nation. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Worse than just an end of a streak, could mean a Boise / Ohio State National Championship Game. That's the real tragedy. (no disrespect to the Bucks intended).

BTW, great run 'Bama.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
College football is so ironic. Last week i was dancing on the Gator's grave; this week I am pulling for them to bury LSU.

Boise will not make it to the big BCS championship game...

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
College football is so ironic. Last week i was dancing on the Gator's grave; this week I am pulling for them to bury LSU.

Boise will not make it to the big BCS championship game...
Substitute a no-loss TCU or Oklahoma. The point being a 1-loss SEC Champion may find it difficult - if not impossible - to get to the big show this year because of the good possibility of no-loss teams. If that plays out, an undefeated 'Bama was our best shot.

Still, obviously, a lot can happen.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Well, here it goes..."PENN STATE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Had to get that out. I havent said that since 2003 or 2004.

What is the problem with the Lions?

1. young, dumb, and full of cum
2. lack of player development everywhere except special teams
3. non existant running game
4. not finishing tackles
5. piss poor playcalling( havent seen wildcat or option once this season)
6. cant convert on 3rd down
7. injuries in linebacker dept and def front
8. the worse o-line i have ever seen (suprised Bolden wasnt sacked more)
9. why cant we run WR's across the middle?
10. biggest concern..been outcoached by iowa, illinois, alabama, temple, and at times Kent State.

Its pathetic when your field goal kicker outscores your entire offense.

Before the season began i was leaning toward a 8-4 season..now its been downgraded to a 6-6 season.

There's always next season.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
I wear everybody's contempt like a badge of honor as should everyone who loves the new #1 team in the nation. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!
Congrats BN!!! Ohio State is a big fish in a small pond this season. Michigan State is a far second.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established

On to the next.

RTR.
Sorry bro!!! That was a GREAT run. SC did everything right today.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Well, here it goes..."PENN STATE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Had to get that out. I havent said that since 2003 or 2004.

What is the problem with the Lions?

1. young, dumb, and full of cum
2. lack of player development everywhere except special teams
3. non existant running game
4. not finishing tackles
5. piss poor playcalling( havent seen wildcat or option once this season)
6. cant convert on 3rd down
7. injuries in linebacker dept and def front
8. the worse o-line i have ever seen (suprised Bolden wasnt sacked more)
9. why cant we run WR's across the middle?
10. biggest concern..been outcoached by iowa, illinois, alabama, temple, and at times Kent State.
#11 (really #1) JoePa needs to go fishing.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Worse than just an end of a streak, could mean a Boise / Ohio State National Championship Game. That's the real tragedy. (no disrespect to the Bucks intended).

BTW, great run 'Bama.
Everybody disrespects the Bucks but it matters not at all, in fact that needs to be the teams rally cry. Last week Indiana had nearly 500 yards passing and over 600 yards total offense and today 108 yards passing and 69 rushing and that's with our 2nd and 3rd string in most of the 2nd half and yet at games end I listened to the retarded duo of Mays/Holtz disparage my beloved Buckeyes and talk about Iowa and Wisconsin being the best in the Big Ten. I then listened to the bachelor Jesse Palmer talk up Iowa as the best in the Big Ten. My point? you can't drink all day long unless you start in the morning. hahahaha GO BUCKS!!!!!!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, State totally exposed our D today.. I mean, I know our D is bad, but damn, Gina!! D. Robinson also hurt us bad today. We need him to keep the o scoring to TRY to keep us in the games, but if our O sucks, then that makes for a long friggin' day...

The day that couldnt get here long enough, now can't get over quick enough!

Texan281

Awards
Anytime a c0ck goes into a crimson tide it's gonna get messy hahahahahaha! It really was a good run and I'm shocked that they lost like that. What a great day of college football! I love this game! My beloved Buckeyes rolled, meatchicken and retard robinson were exposed today, and the mighty tide have fallen at last.
Retard Robinson? Thats alot of disrespect for easily the most impressive player in college football this year.

Im gonna laugh my ass off when that retard racks up 500 yards of total offense himself against the over-rated buckeyes

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Retard Robinson? Thats alot of disrespect for easily the most impressive player in college football this year.

Im gonna laugh my ass off when that retard racks up 500 yards of total offense himself against the over-rated buckeyes

LOL well look at the competition he has faced this year. He saw a real defense and look what happened.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I am betting on a Ohio State v. Nebraska NCG. Keeping an SEC team out of the game is the only way to keep us from winning it.

Rubberring, I really think the SEC West will be determined by how the Hogs play Auburn and then how Bama plays them. Next week is HUGE for the Hogs.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rubberring, I really think the SEC West will be determined by how the Hogs play Auburn and then how Bama plays them. Next week is HUGE for the Hogs.
Don't forget LSU. They're ugly as hell... but all they do is get the "W"... some way, somehow. Essentially, the SEC West is still a wide-open race. Auburn and LSU still have to play each other, Arkansas, and Alabama. Arky and Bama still have to play AU and LSU. Ole Miss' sole reason for existence right now is to throw a wrench in someone's gears.

Anything can happen.

And btw, the "chip on the shoulder" will be back in Tuscaloosa. No more cutesy nicknames and Heisman hoopla. No more riding the coattails of last year's dream team. Time to do whatever it takes to get back to Atlanta for a rematch with the 'Cocks on a neutral field.

Basically...

its_on_chaps.jpg

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
1st off, OSU is the head of the class in the Big 10 by a long shot. 2nd off, Les Miles has got to be the luckiest coach in the history of any kind of sports. 3rd, i'm surprised there's not more Bama bashing than this. Much respect to everyone for being classy. And finally, i'm thinking Nebraska or Oregon will go undefeated and play OSU in the big show. Good luck to everyone the rest of the season, i'm gonna go drown myself in a bottle of Crown.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
what a game with Stanford and USC........I couldnt help rooting for stanford. Both teams played with a lot of heart. One of the best games i saw all season.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

I'm a Buckeye of course I dislike/disrespect meatchicken. why should that be a surprise? I live in the very northwest corner of Ohio and there are tons of Michigan fans around here and I was getting very tired of all the Michigan Big Ten title talk and ratard Robinson shoo in Heisman talk. They faced the first legit team they have played this year and the outcome was vastly different wasn't it? 500 yards against my Buckeyes? not a chance in hell. As to the overrated comment :yawn::yawn: Give me a minute to bask in the warmth of all the haters..........ahh that feels so good. We'll see ya in Glendale Arizona.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1st off, OSU is the head of the class in the Big 10 by a long shot. 2nd off, Les Miles has got to be the luckiest coach in the history of any kind of sports. 3rd, i'm surprised there's not more Bama bashing than this. Much respect to everyone for being classy. And finally, i'm thinking Nebraska or Oregon will go undefeated and play OSU in the big show. Good luck to everyone the rest of the season, i'm gonna go drown myself in a bottle of Crown.
I didn't come on here and hate on Alabama because I have a lot of respect for what they have accomplished. 19 in a row against the competition they have faced week in and week out is amazing. I am curious to see how far the tide will fall in the polls, it shouldn't be far in my opinion they are still the best team in the country and it's a joke if Boise and TCU are ranked ahead of them.
I would love another shot at Oregon. it could be in the NC game or the Rose Bowl either way would be fine. In spite of the fact that we man handled them earlier this year the talk today is the same as it was before that game, they are fast OSU is slow blah blah blah blah.:puke: The jackasses at ESPN are saying they should jump my beloved Buckeyes and be #1.:puke: I want to know what they are basing that opinion on, the great win over a mediocre Stanford team? or perhaps it was the destruction of that powerful Portland St. team?

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
I'm not really concerned with where we're ranked. I just want them to win out and play S.C. in the SEC championship game. Nobody wants anything to do with a pissed off Bama team...ask Florida from last year's SEC championship. All that Oregon hype and they'll probably slip up somewhere like they always do after a fast start. Nebraska's defense looks silly this year so it would be a good game with OSU in the BCS championship. Thanks for the kind words, so many people hate on the SEC but it truly is an insane conference to go undefeated in.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
Everyone in the Swamp knew Les Miles was going to go for the fake FG. Well apparently everyone except the Gator D. Too bad as Brantley held up his end by playing with 4 cracked ribs and a busted thumb.

Week 6 SEC Unbeatens:

1.) LSU
2.) Auburn

:thinking:

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really concerned with where we're ranked. I just want them to win out and play S.C. in the SEC championship game.
Not if we get by SC at our house. I think we've done all the losing we will do this season. God at least I hope so.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
it's a joke if Boise and TCU are ranked ahead of them.
The jackasses at ESPN are saying they should jump my beloved Buckeyes and be #1
Bucks will be fine by winning out. It's which of the undefeateds they will face in Glendale that will be so nuts since most of the teams who would be best competition for Ohio State already have 1 loss and are probably out of the equation already.

If you end up facing Boise or TCU you have to do everyone in college football a favor by beating them to a pulp to shut up all the Boise lovers and make any future mismatches unlikely (as well as another year of Brent Musberger and others making TV love to the likes of Boise).

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Everyone in the Swamp knew Les Miles was going to go for the fake FG. Well apparently everyone except the Gator D. Too bad as Brantley held up his end by playing with 4 cracked ribs and a busted thumb.

Week 6 SEC Unbeatens:

1.) LSU
2.) Auburn

:thinking:
I thought for sure that was going to get overturned, it sure looked like it went forward. Les Miles is a lucky lucky man, all that talent and they have to resort to trick plays and lucky breaks to keep winning. Eventually that luck will run out, it won't be next week with McNeese St coming to Death Valley. Nov 11th ends the unbeaten string for LSU unless Auburn gets them the week before.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bucks will be fine by winning out. It's which of the undefeateds they will face in Glendale that will be so nuts since most of the teams who would be best competition for Ohio State already have 1 loss and are probably out of the equation already.

If you end up facing Boise or TCU you have to do everyone in college football a favor by beating them to a pulp to shut up all the Boise lovers and make any future mismatches unlikely.
I'm in the anti Boise-TCU club myself. I just think they would lose 2-3 games every year if they played in a real football conference. The media loves them though, especially Boise it's nauseating to watch one of their games and listen to a 3 hour Boise love fest.

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
Not if we get by SC at our house. I think we've done all the losing we will do this season. God at least I hope so.
I hear ya and i know for a Fl fan you definitely wanna a rematch with us. But as a Bama fan you know we wanna rematch with them...on a neutral field...with equal prep time for both teams. Like i said before, they dont wanna play a pissed off revenge minded Bama team.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya and i know for a Fl fan you definitely wanna a rematch with us. But as a Bama fan you know we wanna rematch with them...on a neutral field...with equal prep time for both teams. Like i said before, they dont wanna play a pissed off revenge minded Bama team.

I honestly don't think we have the stuff to beat 'Bama this year, our team is too young and/or inexperienced. I do think we have a good shot in getting back to the SEC CG however. The East is weak except for SC and, because winning the SEC East is about all that the Gators have a shot at right now, I believe we will be focused on that goal and give the Game****s all they can handle in The Swamp. BTW, don't take LSU too lightly. Even though we played a crappy game they seemed to finally be putting things together and played well.

tattedsailor

tattedsailor

Awards
I honestly don't think we have the stuff to beat 'Bama this year, our team is too young and/or inexperienced. I do think we have a good shot in getting back to the SEC CG however. The East is weak except for SC and, because winning the SEC East is about all that the Gators have a shot at right now, I believe we will be focused on that goal and give the Game****s all they can handle in The Swamp. BTW, don't take LSU too lightly. Even though we played a crappy game they seemed to finally be putting things together and played well.
I, personally, would never take any opponent lightly but you know how ****y college kids can be. But i doubt they'll take anyone lightly after playing like parapalegics last night...or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
...everyone who loves the new #1 team in the nation.
Well, unlike the polls, there was absolutely no change at the top of the AM College Pick 'Em. Wait, is the strategy to bore me to death... so that I'll forget to make my picks for three weeks straight... which will then provide a 2.7% chance that I might lose my lead?

Are you listening to me, BUCKNUTS?

1wf-gal-anchorman.jpg

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, unlike the polls, there was absolutely no change at the top of the AM College Pick 'Em. Wait, is the strategy to bore me to death... so that I'll forget to make my picks for three weeks straight... which will then provide a 2.7% chance that I might lose my lead?

Are you listening to me, BUCKNUTS?

View attachment 35654
:irked: I was horrible this week, well I've been horrible most weeks but more so this week. Did anyone get a chance to see the BCS preview show on ESPN? Ohio State would be #5 if the BCS started this week and who would be #1 f-cking Boise St! After looking at it a little bit based on what they were saying I think OSU could be odd team out even if we go unbeaten. :wtf::gay:

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:irked: I was horrible this week, well I've been horrible most weeks but more so this week. Did anyone get a chance to see the BCS preview show on ESPN? Ohio State would be #5 if the BCS started this week and who would be #1 f-cking Boise St! After looking at it a little bit based on what they were saying I think OSU could be odd team out even if we go unbeaten. :wtf::gay:
You sure they weren't talking exclusively about the computer rankings? No way a team can be #1 in the Coaches and Harris polls and be #5 in the BCS standings. ESPN's updated projections still have OSU in the title game:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You sure they weren't talking exclusively about the computer rankings? No way a team can be #1 in the Coaches and Harris polls and be #5 in the BCS standings. ESPN's updated projections still have OSU in the title game:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections
No they had one of their BCS "gurus" on and were talking about what the BCS rankings would be if the poll came out today. They had Boise #1 and Oregon #2 Ohio State would be #5 and according to them it was because the computers have those 2 teams ranked so high. I guess the moral of the story is to run up the score on every team you face. OSU starters barely played the 2nd half against Indiana, Tressel is going to have to learn that in this era you have to have the style points sportsmanship is dead you must jettison that ancient way of looking at things and run up the score on every team you face ala Boise St. and Oregon.

OldGator

OldGator

Awards
  • Established
No they had one of their BCS "gurus" on and were talking about what the BCS rankings would be if the poll came out today. They had Boise #1 and Oregon #2 Ohio State would be #5 and according to them it was because the computers have those 2 teams ranked so high. QUOTE]

A one (or two) loss SEC won the national Championship 3 of the last 4 years. I can't fathom any scenario where a no-loss Big Ten team gets left out.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I guess the moral of the story is to run up the score on every team you face. OSU starters barely played the 2nd half against Indiana, Tressel is going to have to learn that in this era you have to have the style points sportsmanship is dead you must jettison that ancient way of looking at things and run up the score on every team you face ala Boise St. and Oregon.
Nah... ESPN was using the Sagarin Ratings, the computer rankings found in USA Today. However, the BCS doesn't use all the ratings Sagarin provides. The BCS hasn't factored in margin of victory since 2004. Basically, they were just trying to start drama. Also, factor in that Boise has already played their "toughest" opponents, and OSU is just getting into their Big Ten schedule. From here on out, Boise's computer rankings will drop while everyone else's goes up.

"Sagarin Ratings: Jeff Sagarin's ratings are published by USA Today and probably are the best-known computer rankings. Sagarin has multiple computer rankings, including one that takes margin of victory into account. The rankings that include margin of victory are featured in USA Today, and he considers them his "best effort." But the BCS uses the rankings that don't include a margin-of-victory component. Input in Sagarin's rankings for the BCS are wins, losses and site. The site is sorted by home, away, neutral or a "close-by," which would be an LSU game in New Orleans but not Florida-Georgia in Jacksonville or Oklahoma-Texas in Dallas, which are neutral-site games. Since the ratings compound the record of team's opponents and opponents' opponents, strength of schedule is implicit, though it is not considered a separate entity in the formula. Road wins receive more weight, as do undefeated teams. Before the BCS releases its rankings, Sagarin removes preseason rankings from the formula so each team starts on equal footing."

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=864127

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Considering Auburn has the 2nd most seniors on there team of any team in the country... I'm going to go with.. ummm YES. Good try though.

So... is there anyone from that team left on AU's current squad? I sure wish Alabama would've accomplished something since then.

Since we're celebrating irrelevancy, is there anything on YouTube about 9 in-a-row? You know, since Auburn didn't beat Alabama until I was 8 years old.

Yep, you're gonna fit right in on the Plains.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Considering Auburn has the 2nd most seniors on there team of any team in the country...
Wait... is that really something to be excited about? Fo' real.

It wasn't a try. It was pointing out that the "6 fingers" defense comes off really pathetic 3 years after your last Iron Bowl win.

Good try at addressing the other points in that post. I mean, you quoted the whole thing...

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I have to get on AM on my work computer at the present time. I can't find my laptop. I think Cameron Newton is involved.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to get on AM on my work computer at the present time. I can't find my laptop. I think Cameron Newton is involved.

bsl, you're not gonna bait h0other into actively participating in this thread. God forbid. After the humiliation he suffered last year, and watching all his bogus predictions go up in flames as his daddy won the BCS title, he's content just to pop in every now and again to say something about a comment I made two pages earlier. And that's only because of his Bama obsession.

No man, he'll only be back if a.) AU beats Arkansas and/or b.) Alabama loses again and/or c.) To celebrate wins from earlier in the decade.

He and TT may have been separated at birth, as their attributes are eerily similar, yet distinctly parallel. One became an angry closet homo with no dignity, loyalty, class, or an attractive boyfriend. The other was cursed by choosing orange/blue over crimson/white at an early age, is obsessed with his rival more than his own team, but has a good heart and a very pretty girlfriend.

Soon, they'll be reunited in the great state of Alabama. It's a heart-warming tale.

twins.jpg

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Must feel good to have OLE MISS talking smack about your team. Oh my, how far have the mighty crimson elephants fallen?

h0other

h0other

Awards
  • Established
Talking trash about Cameron Newton who has WON every game for Auburn this year can't be the most intelligent move coming from an Arkansas fan who watched there QB throw away a win against a VERY weak Alabama team this year. At least you gave Alabama one 1/2 way quality win. It did look better before Texas A&M almost took you to the woodshed though.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Must feel good to have OLE MISS talking smack about your team.
It's talk, man. You know... just like that nonsense you projected last season and the rubbish you're spewing everywhere now.

...a VERY weak Alabama team...
You mean the team who's ranked just one number behind an undefeated Auburn? :lol:

Oh my, how far have the mighty crimson elephants fallen?
I don't know. But we'll find out on 11/26.