Unanswered 1st run with Anavar, with a testosterone base cycle log

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Man I’m excited!
I made some posts on here not long ago talking about what I should run for cutting/summer and got some great feedback. I had decided on Epistane. But then I found a really good source for raws, that is legit and vouched for by many bros I respect, and I went with Anavar. I’m basically going to be trying to stay at a low body fat, while hopefully gaining strength.
Those of you with experience with Var, what do you like to run it at? I was thinking 80mg. I’m beyond excited for this!!! Also picked up some Tbol but I’ll save that for next cycle.

mod edit: Telling everyone you are about to break the law friday isn't the smartest thing in the world and its against the rules.

Last edited:
warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
I will definitely log it here too.
It’ll be 250mg testosterone, 80mg anavar (most likely) with .5 adex e3d, and I’ll be using tudca. I also heard a lot about using creatine with Var so I’ll utilize that as well. Gonna be a good summer!

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
80 was good for me on the var. Be prepared for pumps. Creatine and plenty of taurine. High volume training is a struggle on var. Get so pumped you can barely move.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Is this your first time with test?
no ive been on test for over a year, blasting and cruising. ive done 2 full blown high test cycles, a run with dianabol, and a few cycles of sarms before that. self prescribed trt.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
80 was good for me on the var. Be prepared for pumps. Creatine and plenty of taurine. High volume training is a struggle on var. Get so pumped you can barely move.
im going to be doing a strength/powerlifting style of training. so i should definitley order some taurine?

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
I didn’t realize I posted this in cycle logs by accident. Oh well

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
80mg is good, 6-8 weeks is good. 9-12 weeks is what I usually do when anavar is involved.

But that’s not to say you should do that.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
80mg is good, 6-8 weeks is good. 9-12 weeks is what I usually do when anavar is involved.

I agree. 8-12 is pretty safe to attempt with Var. I think I would stick with 40-50mg unless the quality is questionable. With UGL Var a lot of guys just don’t get the same results unless using 60-80 mg.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established

Thanks. I’m planning on 6 weeks at 80mg. Started on Friday so this should be fun.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
I agree. 8-12 is pretty safe to attempt with Var. I think I would stick with 40-50mg unless the quality is questionable. With UGL Var a lot of guys just don’t get the same results unless using 60-80 mg.
It’s a very reputable brand of raws the purity is supposedly 96% I believe so we shall see

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Im gonna go ahead and make this my log to keep myself in check.

stats:
5'10" 198lbs. Roughly 12% bodyfat.
Ive been training in some form for around 10 years now. Always done some lifting, then for a few years amateur boxing, then i did a lot of running and cycling, but for the past 4 or 5 years my passion has been strength training and bodybuilding.

Previous cycles:
Ostarine, Ostarine/s4/cardarine, S23. Then i jumped into a 500mg testosterone cycle a little over a year ago. Had really low test due to drug and alcohol abuse for years and decided I felt a **** load better on testosterone and have been "cruising"" at 250mg all year. I just did a 700mg test only cycle, got strong as hell, and im dropping the testosterone down to 175mg, starting now, for this Anavar cycle.

My goals are mainly to get as strong as possible, and stay lean/get leaner.
my numbers on the main lifts:
squat- 445lb
bench- 315lb
deadlift- 545lb for 2, 585lb on trap bar
standing overhead press- 205lb

Out of all of them- ive been really focusing on my bench lately, training twice a week. one day is heavy singles/triples, and another is high volume after my OHP. i shattered my collarbone around 5 years ago and they had to take it out and put a titanium rod and 9 screws in there, so for years my chest development suffered horribly lol. but its not limiting me at this point and i want to be able to rep 315 for maybe 5 by the end of this cycle. we'll see.

so i started the Var on Friday, Im capping my own with raws. Dosing 40mg in the morning and 40mg at night. Also the trt at 175mg, and 1g TUDCA, 6-10g taurine. My diet is very clean, its just the way I live. I dont follow any certain diet, I just eat healthy **** and alot of protein hahah.

So, it may be in my head, but im on day 4, and my body is definitley feeling something. I feel much more refreshed after sleep, and i feel like my recovery is improving. Just this morning i felt great so before work i rode my bike outside 14miles in about 35 minutes! and I feel awesome!!! Nothing yet to report on the weight training but today will be Squats/RDLS/ legs so we'll see if i notice any kind of imrovements...i know it will take time but ive been training for awhile so i know something is going on...if only in my head, ill take it!lol

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Ok, here are my starting pics. This is in the morning before breakfast, no pump. I figured it would be more fair lol.

Attachments

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Well, hit legs today. No strength gains yet, but I definitely am noticing less fatigue and more endurance. I need to train at a different gym. I recently started working at this gym, it’s a small commercial gym and now that I’m working there, it’s hard to ignore people cuz I can’t come off like a dick. There was this old dude who’s friends with the manager and he sat on one machine directly across from me, and he basically watched me. Fucking horrible. I don’t wanna scare the old **** but I’m tryna squat 4 plates over here. Blah. Here’s a sweet leg pump shot. I’m pretty happy about it lol
IMG_0578.JPG

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
I will say for the 1st time in my life, I shaved my legs haha. Felt kinda weird at first, but god damn it looks so much better, I’m gonna continue shaving those fuckers at least for the summer haha

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 of 80mg anavar

Not much new to report besides the fact that I’m feeling recovered from my workouts almost immediately. It’s awesome. Hit shoulders and chest today and did standing OHP 205lb for 3 reps. Not a PR but it felt good. Tomorrow is deadlifts and back so I’m super excited to see what I got.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Day 7
Good day today. Worked all day at the gym, just got a sick Pull workout in. No PR’s but the weight feels so much smoother. I hit 3 sets of 545 on deadlifts. 1st set I cranked out 2. Then hit 5 reps at 495. Right into weighted pull-ups and those felt amazing. One armed barbell rows (thank you John Meadows) easily repping 125lbs..trap bar shrugs. Then the biceps. Those were fun. I just feel everything so much more. Normally hate doing curls but they felt amazing today. My pump is fucking incredible.
The Var is definitely kicking in. I capped a shitload on my break.
If this is any indication of what’s to come Var will be my new favorite compound.
Diet is good. Pretty much every day is something like Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. Then a turkey or chicken sandwich with avocado and a Greek yogurt. Then a protein shake later. Dinner is usually some kind of veggie with rice and a nice piece of lean meat. Saturday is fucking pizza and ice cream.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
I’m wondering if anyone has any insight on the mental effects of Anavar? Testosterone improved my mood tenfold, while dianabol made me super short tempered. It’s only been a week, but I’ve been feeling fucking great, like I can stay busy forever and feel refreshed. Sleep is good. It’s subtle but I’m noticing positive benefits mentally for sure. Hopefully the taurine will take care of the back pumps which I haven’t had yet.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 and 9:
Yesterday was a rest day. Definitely could’ve trained but I needed a mental break. Ordered Taco Bell and ate a package or Oreos.
Today, I decided to go for a long run since it’s so nice outside...ended up running 6 miles hard down at the canal near my house. Got serious lower back pumps and shin splints, but I’m almost positive it’s mostly because my running shoes are completely worn out, I know the feeling. But if my shins and back weren’t hurting I could’ve kept going. I feel fucking awesome.

Definitely seeing some extra vascularity. The veins on my biceps are popping and I’m seeing veins all over my abs, and quads. It’s fucking beautiful haha!

Tomorrow is heavy bench day, so I’ll update it after that. I’m gonna see how 315 feels! Fucking pumped

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
DAY 10

Chest and Tris this morning. Felt strong. Workout was:
Bench Press
135x15
185x10
225x3
275x3
295x1
315x1
315x1
315x1
275x3

Didnt feel much stronger than I have been honestly, but it felt good either way.

Weighted dips
bodyweightx 12
45lbx 10
90x8
135x5
135x5
90x10

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
70lb db'sx 8
80lb x8
90lb x8
100lbx 8 (they only go up to 100 at my gym unfortunately)

then Tricep Pushdowns, Cable crossovers, Overhead Tricep extensions.

Im not feeling stronger in the sense that i can push heavier weight yet, but my muscles dont really fatigue at all. I coulda kept going easily but i got **** to do. Working out on Var is a BLAST. It feels like when everything was new and I was going to the gym, just so excited to do diffferent things. Im looking very full, vasccular.

These pics are with a pump after the gym...compared to the pics i took on day 1 its pretty crazy..

Attachments

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DAY 10

Chest and Tris this morning. Felt strong. Workout was:
Bench Press
135x15
185x10
225x3
275x3
295x1
315x1
315x1
315x1
275x3

Didnt feel much stronger than I have been honestly, but it felt good either way.

Weighted dips
bodyweightx 12
45lbx 10
90x8
135x5
135x5
90x10

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
70lb db'sx 8
80lb x8
90lb x8
100lbx 8 (they only go up to 100 at my gym unfortunately)

then Tricep Pushdowns, Cable crossovers, Overhead Tricep extensions.

Im not feeling stronger in the sense that i can push heavier weight yet, but my muscles dont really fatigue at all. I coulda kept going easily but i got **** to do. Working out on Var is a BLAST. It feels like when everything was new and I was going to the gym, just so excited to do diffferent things. Im looking very full, vasccular.

These pics are with a pump after the gym...compared to the pics i took on day 1 its pretty crazy..
Woah nice!

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Day 11
Long fucking day. I worked till 2 at my gym. Then I rode my bike about 8 miles to another gym to train legs. Hard ass workout..

Back Squats
135x12
225x8
315x5
385x1
405x1
455x1 (NEW P.R.)
455x1
455x1
405x3
385x5

Good Mornings
135x10
225x8
275x6
315x5

Leg press
Went up to 800lbs for 8 reps
Hanging leg raises
Calf raises
Lying hamstrings curl
Bulgarian Split Squats
135x6
225x5
225x5

Then proceeded to ride my bike 10 miles home. I totaled my car last year so that’s how I been getting around. Very humbling but keeps me off the drugs and booze. I’m fucking exhausted. But working out is so much fun on this fuckin Var.

Tomorrow will be boxing so I’ll probably report back on Wednesday night after I hit shoulders!!!

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
DAY 12&13

Yesterday I just did some boxing. Felt good. My body didn't give out at all but my endurance and cardio did.

Today was a shoulder focused Push workout!
and boy it was a good one!!!

Standing OHP
135x10
155x8
185x1
205x1
215x2
215x2
(note- this is a P.R.! I went for 225 three times and almost had it but couldn't lock it out! I will have A 225 OHP by the time this cycle is over!!)

decline bench press
135x12
185x8
225x8
275x5
315x3
275x3

smith machine military press
135x12
185x8
225x5
225x5

dumbbell bench press
80lbsx10
90lbsx8
100lbsx8
100lbsx8

leaning side lateral dumbbell raises
30x12
40x10
50x8
60x8
30x10

this is a cycle that im mainly focused on strength, so my main goals are the big compound lifts, and the 215lb OHP was fucking awesome! I feel very strong, each time in the gym is like an adventure. tomorrow is either trap bar deads or rack pulls baby!!!

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Day 14, 2 weeks into Anavar

I need to start paying more attention to my body so I can report the bodybuilding style effects. I can say I’m much more vascular. You can see veins on my delts and ****. People in the gym are staring at me. It’s hard being around unfit people all day, working at the gym..not to sound like a dick
Today was a Back/traps/biceps workout:
Trap bar deadlifts
135x10
225x8
315x10
405x8

Weighted chin ups
Bwx10
+45lbx8
+60x5
+60x5
45x6

Low cable rows, dumbbell preacher hammer curls, cable curls.

I feel really fucking strong!!! I can just keep going and going...I
405x5
495x5
585x5 (p.r!!)
585x3
585x3

Trap bar shrugs
135x12, 225x

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Trap bar shrugs got up to 405, then chin ups:
Bw+8
+45x8
+60x5
+60x5
+45x6

Low cable row, dumbbell preacher curls, cable curls

I feel REALLY fucking strong!! And like I could go forever...no side effects to speak of. I eat really clean and do cardio every day...it’s time to hit some P.R.s!!!

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Trap bar deadlifts 585x3. Went up real easy and I got 5 next set.
I hadn’t done these in awhile and the last time I could only get 585 for 1. So between my training and the Anavar that’s a HUGE improvement!!!!

I know people are reading this so if anyone has questions, comments, please ask, or comment, because it’ll help me too

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Looking at that video, that **** was too easy. I bet I could add 25s on each side and get 635lb next time. But I mostly do barbells, I just love the feeling of ripping the bar off the fucking ground. There is nothing more badass hahaha!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude you’re an absolute beast

Trap bar is such a Boss fullbody lift....Can also do rows and Rdl’s with it...

Had a nice pair of jbl’s fall off like that once and a button jammed on em’ ....I’m using these 1980’s/retro throwback headphones that are wireless and they are decent enough for the gym

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Dude you’re an absolute beast

Trap bar is such a Boss fullbody lift....Can also do rows and Rdl’s with it...

Had a nice pair of jbl’s fall off like that once and a button jammed on em’ ....I’m using these 1980’s/retro throwback headphones that are wireless and they are decent enough for the gym
Thanks brother! I like doing trap bar shrugs, farmers walks, and RDLs with the trap bar as well.
Yeah, those headphones are great but they fall offf all the fucking time, I will definitely check out that link. I can’t even do cardio with those headphones haha

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Not gonna lie, I’m in love with the way this Var/test is making me look lol. I’ll wait a week to post another pick and see if there are any changes.
Today is gonna be a heavy bench press today, I’m so fucking excited. Just gotta get through the workday!! Bench, close grip pin press, incline bench etc...
IMG_0681.JPG

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not gonna lie, I’m in love with the way this Var/test is making me look lol. I’ll wait a week to post another pick and see if there are any changes.
Today is gonna be a heavy bench press today, I’m so fucking excited. Just gotta get through the workday!! Bench, close grip pin press, incline bench etc...
View attachment 184047
Seriously impressive improvements bro.
Your upper chest is something to be proud of too.
Good work sir!

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Seriously impressive improvements bro.
Your upper chest is something to be proud of too.
Good work sir!
Dude, thank you so much. I followed some of your log, when I’m checking in, and it means a lot to hear the compliments

I know, I love that upper shelf..I haven’t even done a ton of incline work either, but I think having that OHP day has helped build it immensely!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude, thank you so much. I followed some of your log, when I’m checking in, and it means a lot to hear the compliments

I know, I love that upper shelf..I haven’t even done a ton of incline work either, but I think having that OHP day has helped build it immensely!
Awesome bro thanks!
Wow. Ya I have to do almost exclusively incline movements and I’m still lower heavy. I think the heavy dips I do put a lot of meat on the lower but I need to do them to get my tris up to par. Everything else is upper though.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Awesome bro thanks!
Wow. Ya I have to do almost exclusively incline movements and I’m still lower heavy. I think the heavy dips I do put a lot of meat on the lower but I need to do them to get my tris up to par. Everything else is upper though.
Have you ever tried the reverse grip bench press? A little awkward at first but it hits like 30% more of the upper chest according to studies. Don’t see a lot of people doing because it’s hard and humbling but it definitely works that upper chest..

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Day 15
I did cardio yesterday, box jumps and running. I ran hard for 6 miles. No shin splints or back pumps but I took about 9 grams of Taurine beforehand. I have endless endurance, it’s amazing.

Day 16
Today was my heavy bench day. I benched 315 for singles five times. It’s still a struggle but I can walk in any gym and bench 315, and that’s a good feeling!!!

Weighted dips
Body weight x10
+45lbsx8
+90lbsx6
+135lbsx5
+135lbs x5

Then incline dumbbell press, overhead tricep extensions, chest flies.

I need a day off. Physically I’m fine but mentally whenever I’m not enjoying myself I know it’s time to take a day. It’s just hard because I feel like I can lift the gym. Time to take a rest day and come back renewed.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Ovh press, with pause on chest, my fave upper chest, delt, Trap and shoulder girdle lift. Even hits tri’s good....

I try to put some dudes on it at my gym, cuz they always asking how my shoulders blew up...Only one kid has adopted my full range of motion, rest/pause style.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Ovh press, with pause on chest, my fave upper chest, delt, Trap and shoulder girdle lift. Even hits tri’s good....

I try to put some dudes on it at my gym, cuz they always asking how my shoulders blew up...Only one kid has adopted my full range of motion, rest/pause style.
I love overhead presses. I’ve always prided myself on having a day with that as my main lift and when I finally get 225 over my head it’ll be a prouder day than my 500lb deadlift. It’s so much harder to progress at. It won’t be completely without some body language tho.
I think it definitely helped my upper chest.

warriorscode8

warriorscode8

Awards
  • Established
Nice day of rest today. Besides jumping rope with my niece, I’ve got the day off. I’m eating pizza and doing absolutely nothing.

I will say this is the most vascular I’ve ever looked. This morning when I got up my midsection looked small as hell...and I had veins all around my abs. It looks sick!!!!! And I’ve got some major vascularity in my quads, delts, and biceps!!! More so than test, dbol, s23, s4....
I’m gonna run the Anavar for 6 weeks and see how I feel but if all goes well I have enough for 8 weeks. Then a little time off and I’ll go into a tbol/npp bulk but for now it’s all about the cuts, veins, and hitting P.R.s!!!