Pro hormones

tjaycole05

Awards
I used pro hormones years ago. I was under the impression they were banned. I am currently on TRT and was looking to do a cycle. What’s the difference between these pro hormones and the ones that were banned? As effective?
thank you

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Usa legal 1 andro and 4 andro and all other andros are 2 step conversion. They work but not as effectively as the banned one step conversion.... some things banned were also active steroid but blanketed into prohormones... such as epistane or superdrol.

tjaycole05

Awards
Usa legal 1 andro and 4 andro and all other andros are 2 step conversion. They work but not as effectively as the banned one step conversion.... some things banned were also active steroid but blanketed into prohormones... such as epistane or superdrol.
So if I’m looking at hi tech pharm halodrol will it still work ?
iv been out of the PH game a long time. Which ones would work best this? Iv used Halo and epistane and both worked great

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
They are not as good as they were. 1-DHEA is probably the only one that will deliver some results. You'd be better off increasing your test.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
hi tech Pharma is garbage. Underdosed and overpriced. The label is not what’s in the bottle.
It’s either 1 and ir 4 andro and or epiandro no matter what their labels say. Stay away from it.
Your best and safest bet would simply
be more test.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So if I’m looking at hi tech pharm halodrol will it still work ?
iv been out of the PH game a long time. Which ones would work best this? Iv used Halo and epistane and both worked great
If you want something that is going to work synergistically with your TRT, I think there are still some good options out there.

Icon One by Iconic Formulations is going to be a solid bet for some lean gains, the 1-dhea in there is a solid muscle builder and the DHEA and pregenolone will work well with your TRT to keep your energy and mood high.

If you want to get shredded, Ultra Eleven is a great way to go - solid dose of 11-kt and it will aid in keeping muscle and stripping unwanted fat.

looking to increase libido, burn a little fat, and increase muscle density - Ultra Hard by iconic formulations

Solid options that will actually work - with effective dosages.

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Look at shops in the United Kingdom for pro hormones and designer steroids.
also, SARMS are another method that work much better than pro hormones.
but with all that, I’d suggest you hit the books and do some more research on the subject.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look at shops in the United Kingdom for pro hormones and designer steroids.
also, SARMS are another method that work much better than pro hormones.
but with all that, I’d suggest you hit the books and do some more research on the subject.
I may be cautious advising someone to import scheduled substances

Suggesting that SARMs work better than pro hormones - this is a little misleading - It's pretty rare to see a SARM product that did not fail independent testing - since these cannot be manufactured at a cGMP facility, you are risking quality, inspection, and testing. Also, SARMs are prescription drugs - these are not, and have never been, legal to sell over the counter. not to mention, as these are drugs, we don't really know long term implications of their use

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Suggesting that SARMs work better than pro hormones - this is a little misleading - It's pretty rare to see a SARM product that did not fail independent testing - since these cannot be manufactured at a cGMP facility, you are risking quality, inspection, and testing. Also, SARMs are prescription drugs - these are not, and have never been, legal to sell over the counter. not to mention, as these are drugs, we don't really know long term implications of their use
I like this and good info.

I would personally take 1andro if you're going the legal usa route. Importing stronger prohormones is not hard but takes research. I'm not a big sarms fan but some enjoy them

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Very good post.

I think a lot of people don't realize the seriousness of what can happen if one gets caught doing this. It's not importing a supplement, its importing a scheduled drug.

And you are absolutely correct on the SARM/prohormone statement as well. I've seen things over the years where its more surprising if something actually passes than if it fails, and then if they do cross contamination testing, it really becomes scary.

Back in the old days with ph's, it was possible to send things to independent third party labs for testing. Now days, you cannot. I know that some companies claim that they do, but if you think about that at the most basic common sense level, that's claiming to send drugs, sometimes scheduled drugs, to an FDA/DEA registered lab for testing and expecting them not to report them.

A lot of people don't realize that most of these things are illegal in China now as well, which makes them a lot harder to get legitimate raws. It used to be that a company could order them from a variety of legitimate suppliers, but now, since most of them are illegal in China too now, that's no longer the case. Combine that with the lack of testing, and its a scary situation.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Very good post.

I think a lot of people don't realize the seriousness of what can happen if one gets caught doing this. It's not importing a supplement, its importing a scheduled drug.

And you are absolutely correct on the SARM/prohormone statement as well. I've seen things over the years where its more surprising if something actually passes than if it fails, and then if they do cross contamination testing, it really becomes scary.

Back in the old days with ph's, it was possible to send things to independent third party labs for testing. Now days, you cannot. I know that some companies claim that they do, but if you think about that at the most basic common sense level, that's claiming to send drugs, sometimes scheduled drugs, to an FDA/DEA registered lab for testing and expecting them not to report them.

A lot of people don't realize that most of these things are illegal in China now as well, which makes them a lot harder to get legitimate raws. It used to be that a company could order them from a variety of legitimate suppliers, but now, since most of them are illegal in China too now, that's no longer the case. Combine that with the lack of testing, and its a scary situation.
Not sure if you would care to go into this. I believe raw materials are legal but capsule or formed pills have much more regulation in the overseas aspect. Possibly gray area like many circumvent here?

Dblock

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So if China can’t supply raws, then what countries are? Clearly there are a metric ton of guys on legit gear throughout the US as can be seen in any gym anywhere….

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So if China can’t supply raws, then what countries are? Clearly there are a metric ton of guys on legit gear throughout the US as can be seen in any gym anywhere….
I think you are misunderstanding what both I and @delsolrob were talking about.

It's not that a company can't get raw materials from China anymore. Of course there are companies everywhere in the world that are willing to break laws to make money, no doubt about that.

We're talking about the difference between back when these items were legal in China, companies could get the raw materials from legitimate suppliers, as in suppliers that followed quality control protocols the same as they would other ingredients; versus some underground operation that is producing things with little to no quality oversight.

Back in the old days, the ingredients were legal to make in China so there were more quality controls in making them, and they knew back then too that US companies that they sold to may be sending them out for independent testing. Now, its buying from a covert operation in China that knows companies can no longer send out raws to FDA/DEA independent labs in the US to verify what they're getting, so there is a lot less quality control and a lot more risk involved.

As Rob mentioned, when there has been independent testing of SARM's, its been rare to see them test out to be exactly what they're supposed to be. That's not bashing anyone, that's just the way it is now.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not sure if you would care to go into this. I believe raw materials are legal but capsule or formed pills have much more regulation in the overseas aspect. Possibly gray area like many circumvent here?
I don't care what anyone takes and don't judge anyone for taking whatever they want to. But I do feel that companies should be honest with people about it bc I feel like people should be aware of the risks involved - both in terms of legal and health risks. (Which is why I complimented @delsolrob on his post talking about that).

I'm not sure what part you were asking me to go more into, but I'll be glad to try explain more about it.

Importing illegal products:
If you buy something that is illegal in this country from overseas, you risk getting in trouble.
Will you get arrested? Most likely, no, but people should be aware that there's a chance.
Will you wind up in a government customs database? Most likely, yes.
If the product is a Scheduled drug, can you be charged with a felony? Yes.
Have people been charged with felonies for importing scheduled prohormones? Last time I checked, yes, in 41 different states people had been charged with felonies for importing scheduled or illegal substances - relating to ph's and sarm's.

^^^^ I think that is why Rob was cautioning people on it.

Sarm's/Ph's and Testing:
Rob stated: It's pretty rare to see a SARM product that did not fail independent testing - since these cannot be manufactured at a cGMP facility, you are risking quality, inspection, and testing.

^^^ He is absolutely correct on that.

In reply to what you said in your post:

China banned the manufacture and export of sarm compounds and a long list of other related compounds in 2020. It was huge news in the industry both on the US and Chinese side. There were Chinese suppliers that had stocks and were scrambling to figure out how to get rid of them as quickly as possible bc they didn't want to get their entire operation shut down because of them.

The raw materials are absolutely not legal here. That's one of those weird things that some companies try to convince consumers, but I really think they're more trying to convince themselves and make themselves feel better about what they're doing. If something is illegal, its illegal. There's no distinction in the law that says something is legal in a liquid, but not in a capsule.

There are things that are Schedule III, there are things that are classified as misbranded drugs, and there are things that are outright banned, some of which are scheduled.

The whole 'research chem' thing doesn't make it legal - there are a lot of places that haven't gotten caught, there are some that don't make enough money for the government to fool with, but that doesn't make it legal.

There are criminal cases on over 40 states related to the sale of sarm's and research chemicals.

As a consumer, you may never hear about it or may only hear about it if its in the news, but most of the cases don't make big news bc many are now handled by local law enforcement. But @delsolrob and I both work in the industry so we hear about it a lot more than consumers will.

I know retailers that have been charged with selling drugs just bc of having liquid sarm's in their stores. And its sad, because in some of the cases, the retailers believed what the brands were telling them and they'd convinced them it was legal, but then the brand gets popped and they hand over their customer list and retailers get in trouble for believing them and selling the stuff.

One particularly super nice gentleman that I know that owned a retail store is almost 60 years old and he lost his business and is serving jail time right now bc of selling liquid sarm's - bc he believed a company that lied to him and told him it was legal bc it was a liquid.

^^^ That's what I mean about knowing the risks - I don't judge him for selling them at all and I wouldn't judge him if he knew the risks and chose to sell them bc that's personal choice - but he deserved to know the risks and be able to make a conscious decision about it rather than be misled into believing it was legal and now having his life destroyed over it. I hope that makes sense.

An example of a big case involving liquid sarm's and research chems to show you that selling liquid ones is very much definitively illegal:
If I remember correctly, the name of the company was Proven Peptides, they were based in NC and I have friends that live in the small town they were based out of. They sold liquid sarm's and the owner was hit with multiple felonies and over a 10 million dollar fine/forfeiture.

As a consumer, you don't hear about it as much as we do - but as people working in the industry, we hear about it more and are more likely to know people that have had it happen to them.

I know that neither I nor @delsolrob judge anyone on anything they choose to take. I think its just that neither of us want to see anyone get in trouble or have any harmful side effects happen to them, especially if they didn't know the risks.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I appreciate it. It is interesting to hear from the distribution aspect vs consumer

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think you are misunderstanding what both I and @delsolrob were talking about.

It's not that a company can't get raw materials from China anymore. Of course there are companies everywhere in the world that are willing to break laws to make money, no doubt about that.

We're talking about the difference between back when these items were legal in China, companies could get the raw materials from legitimate suppliers, as in suppliers that followed quality control protocols the same as they would other ingredients; versus some underground operation that is producing things with little to no quality oversight.

Back in the old days, the ingredients were legal to make in China so there were more quality controls in making them, and they knew back then too that US companies that they sold to may be sending them out for independent testing. Now, its buying from a covert operation in China that knows companies can no longer send out raws to FDA/DEA independent labs in the US to verify what they're getting, so there is a lot less quality control and a lot more risk involved.

As Rob mentioned, when there has been independent testing of SARM's, its been rare to see them test out to be exactly what they're supposed to be. That's not bashing anyone, that's just the way it is now.
There's lots of unscrupulous providers our there for sure. Luckily in UK we have actual research chemical manufacturers to GMP standard who have featured on BBC news and its legal to possesses unlike the US. I can vouch for Icon One its good stuff and works

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There's lots of unscrupulous providers our there for sure. Luckily in UK we have actual research chemical manufacturers to GMP standard who have featured on BBC news and its legal to possesses unlike the US. I can vouch for Icon One its good stuff and works
The owner of Iconic Formulations, the brand that makes Icon One was the person I had quoted his original post and agreeing with and complimented on his post, and was having the discussion with.

He's the one that mentioned the issues about being careful about importing illegal products into the US and also about the quality issues related to SARM's.

Just wanted to clarify that - because it was his posts I was agreeing with and expanded upon :)

jim2509

jim2509

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The owner of Iconic Formulations, the brand that makes Icon One was the person I had quoted his original post and agreeing with and complimented on his post, and was having the discussion with.

He's the one that mentioned the issues about being careful about importing illegal products into the US and also about the quality issues related to SARM's.

Just wanted to clarify that - because it was his posts I was agreeing with and expanded upon :)
Ha apologies I was just generalising to everyone that UK is a fortunately a bit different when it comes to Sarms/Old School Prohormones. I do agree the risk reward importing banned substances is not worth it. Not when there's other good alternatives states side (y)

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
I’ve ran and tested plenty of dhea isomers products on my own and for companies that sold them.
My opinion is sarms provide better results hands down.
if dhea based compounds are the only option for you for whatever reason, so be it.
But if you’re open to other options, my original post stands.
what hasn’t changed since I first started posting here in 09’, “more gains, more sides, nothing is free”
-jbry.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ha apologies I was just generalising to everyone that UK is a fortunately a bit different when it comes to Sarms/Old School Prohormones. I do agree the risk reward importing banned substances is not worth it. Not when there's other good alternatives states side (y)
No worries. I didn't take what you said negatively at all. I just wanted to make sure you didn't misunderstand my post or what me and Rob were talking about. I also wasn't sure if you realized that Icon One was the person's product that I had quoted and replied to. A lot of people on here know that Rob owns Iconic Formulations, but not everyone. So I didn't want you to think I was saying anything negative about Icon One bc I was actually complimenting the owner of Iconic on his post haha.

The legal situation for SARM's and some ph's in the UK seems to be confusing to many in the general public, but from what retailers have told me, they are illegal, but much like the US are sold anyway. I had read a BBC article on them and it did say that they were illegal there - but as I don't live there, I don't know it its actually enforced. The impression in the article I read was that the intent of it was to push for the government there to be stricter on them.

Either way, I'm all about personal choice. I just think its important for people to know what the real situation is so they can make decisions accordingly with the correct information.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
All of my purchases are for research purposes. I wouldn't take my research chemicals myself but most work great in my lab tests.