Sns Xgels Whoa

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is what I was doing. 2g workout days.
Is this significantly better than 1.5g? What’s the rationale for 2g? Studies indicate 1.5g, so genuinely curious where this figure has came from

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this significantly better than 1.5g? What’s the rationale for 2g? Studies indicate 1.5g, so genuinely curious where this figure has came from
In my experience take more gain more.

The study dose wasn't even selected as a max effective dose. It's not like creatine where there's 5000 studies at every imaginable dose.

People should keep that in mind for a lot of ingredients that have relatively shallow research pools.

But, take 1.5 if you want *shrug*

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
only necessary to dose on workout days... on off days it actually is mostly wasted as it just doesn't go to the muscle like it will during a workout.

I personally do 6 but many people are just fine at 4. I just like the extra pumps ha
Agreed here. Although I typically start with 4 caps for 2 weeks then bump up to 6.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In my experience take more gain more.

The study dose wasn't even selected as a max effective dose. It's not like creatine where there's 5000 studies at every imaginable dose.

People should keep that in mind for a lot of ingredients that have relatively shallow research pools.

But, take 1.5 if you want *shrug*
Ok, that makes sense. So maybe a better question, is there a dose where you feel there is diminishing returns?

What the Max you have ran and what’s you’re sweet spot in your experience?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, that makes sense. So maybe a better question, is there a dose where you feel there is diminishing returns?

What the Max you have ran and what’s you’re sweet spot in your experience?
So, it's tricky, and sample of 1 is confounding, and you'll never get robust study with the kind of numbers I'd like to see because nobody is sitting around with a few million dollars to burn studying ARA.

--

I've taken 5g/workout for the peak overload 3rd month portion of a 4 month NLP program I was running.

And the followup strength gains I experienced in the final 4 weeks of lower volume training were out of this world.

It is in this context that I think ARA is at its most useful, but who knows how much I overshot the actual optimal dose?

--

I've also run 3g/workout for extended periods during less aggressive training regimens and not noticed significantly more than at 2g.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So, it's tricky, and sample of 1 is confounding, and you'll never get robust study with the kind of numbers I'd like to see because nobody is sitting around with a few million dollars to burn studying ARA.

--

I've taken 5g/workout for the peak overload 3rd month portion of a 4 month NLP program I was running.

And the followup strength gains I experienced in the final 4 weeks of lower volume training were out of this world.

It is in this context that I think ARA is at its most useful, but who knows how much I overshot the actual optimal dose?

--

I've also run 3g/workout for extended periods during less aggressive training regimens and not noticed significantly more than at 2g.
Great response! Thank you. Yes was just trying to find the optimal dose as starting in a few weeks and have ran 1g and 1.5g, but think I will try 2g Pre. I take from what your saying, cost to affect ratio; 2g seems to be optimal?

Kind regards

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great response! Thank you. Yes was just trying to find the optimal dose as starting in a few weeks and have ran 1g and 1.5g, but think I will try 2g Pre. I take from what your saying, cost to affect ratio; 2g seems to be optimal?

Kind regards
Yeah, from my own personal anecdotes, that is probably optimal.

The other higher dosed situation is more of a perfect and very expensive storm.

I certainly wouldn't advise people to spend $160/month on one supplement just 'cause.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Kind regards
1.5-2g is, IMO, the best from a cost:benefit perspective. Especially if dosed pre-workout only. 1g is still effective, but I've found even 500mg more to be noticeable. 2g was a bit more costly, but even at that level I noticed more than 1.5g.

Going higher could be more optimal, but then the cost starts becoming exponentially more of a factor.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, from my own personal anecdotes, that is probably optimal.

The other higher dosed situation is more of a perfect and very expensive storm.

I certainly wouldn't advise people to spend $160/month on one supplement just 'cause.

Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated. Do you run the glycerol and carnitine and believe that makes a difference? Any other recommendations on to obtain maximum effectiveness?

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1.5-2g is, IMO, the best from a cost:benefit perspective. Especially if dosed pre-workout only. 1g is still effective, but I've found even 500mg more to be noticeable. 2g was a bit more costly, but even at that level I noticed more than 1.5g.

Going higher could be more optimal, but then the cost starts becoming exponentially more of a factor.
Thanks for the input and elaboration. That’s makes sense and if cost is factored in, then 2g seems to be optimal for cost/effectiveness ratio. How many times per week do you train? I’m guessing you don’t dose on rest days, thus Pre workout only?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the input and elaboration. That’s makes sense and if cost is factored in, then 2g seems to be optimal for cost/effectiveness ratio. How many times per week do you train? I’m guessing you don’t dose on rest days, thus Pre workout only?
Pre workout only, and I weight train 4x per week and only dose on those days.

I also take mine after a moderate warm up to facilitate delivery to muscle tissue.

Some good reading:

The above anabolicminds link gives good insight as to what situations Ara supplementation should be avoided. If you are ever in doubt, best to ask first before purchasing or simply steer clear.

Last edited:

Toff

Awards
  • Established
So, this is the main ingrediant in Animal Test, they also couple it with Cissus - this could be suitabel for the pain people are feeling from the pro inflammatory properties

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So, this is the main ingrediant in Animal Test, they also couple it with Cissus - this could be suitabel for the pain people are feeling from the pro inflammatory properties
also keep in mind that its a prop blend of 1500mg=600mg standarized w/ 2 other enhancers .. so youll never know how much you are getiing.

Xgels gives you 625mg=250mg standazied per 1 cap

I honestly don't think cissus was added for that benefit .. cissus is just great to take no matter what you are running imo and def doesn't hurt .. even that 1st complex in animal test blend of 5 ingrident .. who knows what you get.

If you are truly worried about joints/inflammation .. def can take a joint support w/ Xgel.

Ive done cissus & joint XT with great results .. i really don't get too much pain like others notice it ..so all personal dependent.

Irishobrien

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The new (since I’ve last commented) research indicates that the vast majority of its benefits (on muscle)is mediated through leukotrienes not prostaglandins

So, a LOX inhibitor would inhibit its positive effects whereas a COX inhibitor would not (maybe even synergize)

SHORSE

SHORSE

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Xgels are great but be aware of past injuries, tends to flare them up for me.
This was true for me, Tried them a few years back and had to give them to a buddy. Been power lifting and then body building for 43 years. I think every old injury flared up after a week. I did however love the long pump and the mild DOMS.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The new (since I’ve last commented) research indicates that the vast majority of its benefits (on muscle)is mediated through leukotrienes not prostaglandins

So, a LOX inhibitor would inhibit its positive effects whereas a COX inhibitor would not (maybe even synergize)
No kidding? I remember IL-6 was a major part of it, but I thought the prostaglandins were too. What are some LOX inhibitors?

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Anyone care to clarify this and examples of LOX and COX?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Been a while since I looked, do you have a link or name of the study?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Anyone care to clarify this and examples of LOX and COX?
Cox2 inhibitors are things like high doses Aspirin, ibuprofen and other NSAIDs. Cox 1 inhibitors are things like 81mg carnitine salts.

Ive not seen the latest research, but the previous advice was to avoid NSAIDs around Ara/ training and take Ara with a low dosed aspirin (81mg) or carnitine.

Last edited:

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haven't ran xgels for awhile but yeah xgels plus creatine was the closest I could come to the on look without being on gear. Might have to run them again soon. Now I use injectable carnatine which also gives me a fuller look so stacked might be great.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cox2 inhibitors are things like high doses Aspirin, ibuprofen and other NSAIDs. Cox 1 inhibitors are things like 81mg carnitine salts.

Ive not seen the latest research, but the previous advice was to avoid NSAIDs around Ara/ training and take Ara with a low dosed aspirin (81mg) or carnitine.
Which would Pomegranate fall under? And would it inhibit Ara or synergize?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Which would Pomegranate fall under? And would it inhibit Ara or synergize?
Pomegranate is anti-inflammatory as it essentially acts by suppressing COX 2 expression by acting on nuclear factor Kappa b.

I haven't seen the research the guy above is referring to and if I remember today I'll take a look at it, but going by previous advice it would be best taken away from Ara supplementation and post exercise (or earlier in the day if you exercise late).

I'm a big fan of anti-inflammatory supplements, so by all means continue to use it.

Attachments

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I’ve been reading the boards on and off forever but have never actually used x-gels or x-factor, this thread and the “favorite single ingredient natty anabolic” thread have sold me on it. DPS has a two pack of x gels for a great price right now too.

For those that had great results - do the strength gains stick around pretty well once you come off?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been reading the boards on and off forever but have never actually used x-gels or x-factor, this thread and the “favorite single ingredient natty anabolic” thread have sold me on it. DPS has a two pack of x gels for a great price right now too.

For those that had great results - do the strength gains stick around pretty well once you come off?
You should expect to see the gains made stick after your run

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ya I wouldn't worry about gains disappearing. With a lot of things like this they are accelerating your gains, so you might expect things to slow down, but I wouldn't expect things to go in reverse.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established

--

--

are you saying youve taken 20 caps of 250mg preworkout?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
are you saying youve taken 20 caps of 250mg preworkout?
I doubt you'll get a response from him now (unless he's lurking). That was back in 2019

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I doubt you'll get a response from him now (unless he's lurking). That was back in 2019
Hahaha do you think he meant 5 caps? 5g is out of this world. Youde need to buy it in a syrup bottle for that

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No I bet he tried actual 5g. People did push the doses for awhile, I remember definitely doing 2g maybe even 3g. Those kind of doses aren’t really necessary, but everyone was just trying things out back in the day. 🤷🏻‍♂️

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
No I bet he tried actual 5g. People did push the doses for awhile, I remember definitely doing 2g maybe even 3g. Those kind of doses aren’t really necessary, but everyone was just trying things out back in the day. 🤷🏻‍♂️
You're trying to say more isn't better?!

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
that would explain why everyone seemed to accept the amount at face value. im always interested when people make moves like that because there is the potential to get a result nobody has ever seen, good or bad

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hahaha do you think he meant 5 caps? 5g is out of this world. Youde need to buy it in a syrup bottle for that
Haha, nah. Knowing De__eb he would have tried it. I went up to 2.5g, but I felt the sweet spot was between 1.5g and 2g on training days only (as opposed to 500mg every day)

Edit: I should add that I was training 4 days a week at the time.

Last edited:
DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
I like ArA but splitting the doses, 1.5 gr pre workout is too much for me.

I did 1 gel breakfast and 2 gels pre workout and I love it like that.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like ArA but splitting the doses, 1.5 gr pre workout is too much for me.

I did 1 gel breakfast and 2 gels pre workout and I love it like that.
When you say it was too much what do you mean? Please elaborate please and thank you!

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
When you say it was too much what do you mean? Please elaborate please and thank you!
I've got a migraine everytime that I did the pre workout protocol.

Steve told me "stop this and do the traditional protocol".

No more migraines since I follow his instructions, I'm not the only one with headaches.

The results are the same splitting the dosage in 3-4 gels daily instead of 1 full dose.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've got a migraine everytime that I did the pre workout protocol.

Steve told me "stop this and do the traditional protocol".

No more migraines since I follow his instructions, I'm not the only one with headaches.

The results are the same splitting the dosage in 3-4 gels daily instead of 1 full dose.
Most people won't get headaches from it, but in people that are already prone to them and do, spacing the dosage out like the traditional dosing regimen is a good way to solve that in 99% of people.

DaveMcNaul

DaveMcNaul

Awards
  • Established
Most people won't get headaches from it, but in people that are already prone to them and do, spacing the dosage out like the traditional dosing regimen is a good way to solve that in 99% of people.
Yes, I'm prone to have migraines , like 5-6 at year (not bad) but a high full dose of ArA could trigger the migraine.

I also drink more water when I'm using ArA.