16 weeks of DC

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump
    subb'd

    I'm contemplating starting a powerbuilding routine like DC in the spring, so I'm definitely interested in this log.

    Quick question though, and I hope I don't sound stupid, but can you decipher the stats format here for me?

    Flat BB Bench
    195: 24x7x3=34 RP

    I get the 195pnds, and 34 rest pause? but 24x7 to me means 27 reps x 7 sets, so what is the 3 for and how does it equal 34 rest pause reps. I know I have a lot of reading on DC to do, so - sorry for the question hehe, noob to DC here.
    No problem man, it's 34 total reps performed. It's 3 rest pause sets total. So each number is the number of reps in that rest pause set.

    Initially 24 reps were done. Weight was racked and I took about a 15 second break (deep breathes) then performed 7 reps, racked the weight another 15 seconds and did the last set and got 3 reps.

    Hope that helps. I actually started with DC as a building block for powerlifting, I'll cruise with some FST-7 training in between but nothing beats DC for strength IMO
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative


  2. I may have messed up my shoulder tonight. It was a little tight then when I went to stretch for Back, it started to hurt. Fml

    Incline BB Bench
    285: 10x3x1=14RP
    11-15RP

    Overhead DB Press
    90: 14x6x3=23RP
    20-30RP

    Rev Grip Bench
    235: 8x3x2=13RP
    11-15RP

    Hammer Lat Pull Down
    300: 12x5x4=21RP

    Then I stopped bc of my shoulder. I have the weekend to rest up and take care of it. This may be a little shorter blast than I thought, sad face
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  3. Also, post workout meal today. 2 scoops Trutein and 1 little Cesar's pizza and bag of crazy bread
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  4. Hope the shoulder comes thru ok. Nice post workout meal!! Pizza Pizza
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  5. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    Hope the shoulder comes thru ok. Nice post workout meal!! Pizza Pizza
    Yeah it feels pretty bad today, FUEURk!!!!!

    There's a Little Caesars right next to the gym and I was too tired and didn't really feel like cooking. $5 for 150gr of protein :-D I love GFH season lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  6. Shoulder is a little better. Heat/Ice/ibuprofen routine again today. I lost a few lbs this past week, good amount was water from my face haha.

    I can't find Mass Maker online for a decent price. So I'll stick with the Up Your Mass for a bit longer and drop the milk from them, my stomach is feeling a little messed up. Milk and y stomach don't get a long the greatest
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Shoulder is a little better. Heat/Ice/ibuprofen routine again today. I lost a few lbs this past week, good amount was water from my face haha.

    I can't find Mass Maker online for a decent price. So I'll stick with the Up Your Mass for a bit longer and drop the milk from them, my stomach is feeling a little messed up. Milk and y stomach don't get a long the greatest
    Sucks about the milk. But your story reminds me of how I was doing pop tarts throughout my bulk until recently, and I noticed in the last few weeks I felt like I had been gaining way more fat for no apparent reason. I dropped the pop tarts as of a week ago and dried up like a raisin in no time and looked so much better, haha. I guess we all have our little things that don't work with our bodies.

    EDIT: I replaced calorie intake of pop tarts with honey, so it's not like this was all due to dropping cals.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    Sucks about the milk. But your story reminds me of how I was doing pop tarts throughout my bulk until recently, and I noticed in the last few weeks I felt like I had been gaining way more fat for no apparent reason. I dropped the pop tarts as of a week ago and dried up like a raisin in no time and looked so much better, haha. I guess we all have our little things that don't work with our bodies.

    EDIT: I replaced calorie intake of pop tarts with honey, so it's not like this was all due to dropping cals.
    Hahaha it's crazy isn't it! What kind of pop-tarts? While I bulk I'll grab a box of the cookies and cream every now and again or old school brown sugar cinnamon
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

    Hahaha it's crazy isn't it! What kind of pop-tarts? While I bulk I'll grab a box of the cookies and cream every now and again or old school brown sugar cinnamon
    Sugar cookie poptarts ftw!

  10. Brown sugar cinnamon...arrgh
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  11. All that talk of pop tarts made me have a carb day yesterday! At close to 800gr or so :-D & drank close to 2 gallons of water too which put my morning weight back to 222.8lbs!

    In turn I had a great workout today and didn't throw up! I'll post numbers tomorrow
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  12. Workout B2

    Hammer Machine Curl
    110: 8x4x2=14RP
    11-15RP

    Reverse BB Curl
    80: 10x4x3=17RP
    15-20Rp


    Calf Machine
    155x12

    Lying Leg Curl
    155: 12x5x3=20RP
    15-20RP

    V-Squat
    435x15
    405x20

    I guess that carb up really helped on my leg movements, shoulder feels pretty great to day too. Still a little sore but hopefull one more day of Ibprofen and the ole ice/heat routine will get it readu for A3 tomorrow

  13. Looking good, man. And to answer your question, I go for the strawberry poptarts. I used to dig the brown sugar/cinammon ones as a child but I can't stand stuff that's too sweet anymore.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    Looking good, man. And to answer your question, I go for the strawberry poptarts. I used to dig the brown sugar/cinammon ones as a child but I can't stand stuff that's too sweet anymore.
    Ahhh yee ole Original. I like your style
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  15. If I don't post for a while it's bc I'm in jail bc I killed my little brother, just so you guys don't worry bout what happened, you'll know......
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  16. Don't like the sound of that!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

  17. Didn't have y workout log yesterday, my mind was aloof. It appears this will be my last week of DC, the 16 week ride is over. It was a good run my joints are really starting to bother me. I've been busting my ass at work this week which probably isn't helping much either.

    This weekend ill try and go through to find beginning and ending weights/reps and my weight etc. I've lost some pounds since starting my new job but no too much. Thanks for everyone following along!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  18. Alright dude. Let us know your final verdict on DC. You doing a log or anything on here when you go back to powerlifting?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Torobestia
    Alright dude. Let us know your final verdict on DC. You doing a log or anything on here when you go back to powerlifting?
    I'm probably going to hit some FST-7 training after this with a heavy focus on legs and back thickness (my 7's set)
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  20. To give you guys an idea of what I've been doing at work to add to this fatigue I've had these past few weeks. Thankfully the jobs over but my whole body is sore today, mainly my back/traps, shoulders, and biceps/forearms....

    There were these 2'x2'4" steel plates that were probably a few inches thick & roughly 20lbs heavy i was working with. I had to take them off of a palate and load them onto a machine that was about 4 1/2' off the ground, form there i had to awkwardly fasten 4 points with a 3/8" allen wrench, two of which were at full extension. Then unfasten them, clean the part with the grinder and wash the part and load it onto another palate about 30' away. I was working about 55 of these parts a night on a 10hour shift and I'm gased!!!!!

    I'll probably take next week off from lifting entirely, then onto the FST-7. I need a bit for my CNS to stabilize and give my joints a little break from the heavy lifting. Since my gym situation wasn't the same the entire time, I can't compare the same lifts but there are a few that stayed the same that we can easily measure. I'll use a rep max calculator for the BB Press and Squat. I dont know how accurate they are but it gives us a better idea of the strength increase.

    Weight
    Week 1: 193lbs
    Week 16: 219lbs

    Waist
    Week 1: 31+"
    Week 16: 33.5+"

    Flat BB Bench
    Week 1: 300lbs
    Week 16: 370lbs

    Incline BB Bench
    Week 1: 300lbs
    Week 16: 370lbs

    DB Shoulder Press
    Week 1: 65lbs for 21reps
    Week 16: 100lbs for 15reps

    BB Row
    Week 1: 185x12 & 225x8
    Week 16: 235x12 & 250x8

    Straight BB Curl
    Week 1: 65lbs for 15 reps
    Week 16: 100lbs for 12reps

    Close Grip Bench
    Week 1: 185lbs for 10 reps
    Week 16: 235lbs for 10 reps

    BB Squat
    Week 1: 560lbs
    Week 16: 640lbs

    Something I just noticed, things in the beginning of the workouts (bench/curls) saw much greater gains then those at the end (Rows/Squats).

    Well there you have it. This is the strongest I've ever been, probably the best shape:weight:strength I've been in. (I've weighed more but BF% was higher)I did the best I could with eating and my new job, I think I feel into a trap of trying to eat clean and couldn't get enough calories in here these past few weeks, a lot of added stress/calorie burning didn't help come to a close. Paired with losing a training partner for the 2nd half of the DC cycle didn't help things much either.

    Id love to see another training style that can r-i-v-a-l these type of strength and size gains. I'm still looking for it, like I stated earlier I'll be giving FST-7 training a run, probably an 8 week total run, I think thats what Hany suggests. I have his huge article in Flex about the " 38 week off-season FST-7 plan" or whatever it is. It appears to work well with a lot of guys so we'll see.

    I'll be doing it with DAA and GHRP/CJC combo and a good amount of carbs, like he suggests, still need to find a good pump pre-workout I guess. Looks like i'll bit the bullet and pick up some Hemovol and give it a try with a little caffiene.

    SHEW, thats a lot! haha any questions shoot!

  21. You ever look at john meadows training DW?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds
    You ever look at john meadows training DW?
    No, never heard of it. You have a link or anything?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    No, never heard of it. You have a link or anything?
    It is really a sick ass program. I have been alternating his 12wk 3 phase program with DC back to back for a while.. He focuses on staying healthy/injury prevention and really making the weight work for you, and not just using overload to grow. It really gives the joints a nice break, and is mentally brutal just like DC. He has a ton of bad ass variations of movements,etc.

    I think this will give you the volume you are looking for while breaking from DC.

    If you are like me, and love the mentally challenging aspects of DC, where you are at war with the weights, I think it is right up your alley. FST-7 is boring to me(but you may love it). His shoulder and leg routines are epic.

    I split it into a 4day split.

    Here is his Youtube channel so you can see some of his variations.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mountaindog1?ob=0

    Legs:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...untain_dog_way


    Back:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...untain_dog_way


    Chest:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...tain_dog_style


    Shoulders:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...untain_dog_way


    Arms:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...ntain_dog_arms

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds

    I think this will give you the volume you are looking for while breaking from DC.

    If you are like me, and love the mentally challenging aspects of DC, where you are at war with the weights, I think it is right up your alley. FST-7 is boring to me(but you may love it). His shoulder and leg routines are epic.
    yeah I love the challenge of DC! Thanks for the links, I'll look into them! I have a friend that swears by FST-7 and I've done a few workouts with him. I want to see if all this hype around it is legit.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

    yeah I love the challenge of DC! Thanks for the links, I'll look into them! I have a friend that swears by FST-7 and I've done a few workouts with him. I want to see if all this hype around it is legit.
    I'm not trying to discourage you from it fwiw. I just found it a bit boring and lacking the mental anguish I love so much lol

    You said your shoulders suck. Run through one of his delt wo's for fun.lol
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 10:55 AM
  2. Testopro/Stoked Short Question (4 weeks or 8 weeks)
    By fireblade187 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 01:16 PM
  3. 25mg ATD for 3 weeks + DTH(diesal test hardcore) for 8 weeks
    By akaswolebd in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 09:53 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 02:04 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Log in
Log in