Natty T's Bodybuilding Log

Page 6 of 32 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by BeBig View Post
    I would like to get into MMA I'm kinda older but the one thing holding me back is the wife...she don't like it..
    Im not a big fan of MMA and prefer and recommend boxing.

Natty, gotta hammock up man.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

2. Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    All right natty, me and the boys have been talking about your birthday and all and decided to get you a couple presents in light of your new-found interest in bodybuilding:

Enjoy!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Im not a big fan of MMA and prefer and recommend boxing.

Natty, gotta hammock up man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0_Idu_p2w8
    that so just became my routine...

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

4. thats a solid leg workout natty, those lunges will deplete you if you do them too early... leg workouts are definitively my favorite workout days since those are my biggest lifts, if your back pumps persist look in to getting some bulk taurine it really does help, best of luck and keep pushing hard!

cheers,

5. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    i can't get into that sport for some reason...

i've started watching countless fights and i always turn them off before they're done....

just not my cup of tea i guess...

does anyone know if they broadcast bb shows on t.v.?
    Dont knock it till ya try it! I never was a "IM GONNA WATCH EVERY UFC FIGHT" guy, but once I started training in it, it gets very addicting. Theres something beautiful about knowing Brazilian ju jitsu and being able to lock a dude up in a submission hold in a couple seconds or put him on his back, and ground and pound him.

And the amount of brotherhood and respect in the sport is something to be desired in other sports. You could have just gotten done bashing a guy till he couldn't remember where he was and he would come to you after the fight and congratulate you.

To each their own though, however being a bodybuilder and into MMA would be extremely hard. MMA builds a very "athletic" physique
    •   

6. I have all the respect for MMA; martial arts done well is more beautiful than ballet imho.

7. solid workout man. 50 lb dumbells on lunges are numbers i don't have the kahuna's to try.

8. I love MMA, but I can see why your wife would be worried about it BeBig, I love the sport and love the fitness but can see the risk the only serious injury ive ever taken was getting kicked in the side of the head hard and smacking into a wall, my concentration sucked for about 3 days after which was kinda worrying lol. Im sure if you ask around some of the other MMA guys will have had far worse though. I would say just be careful and join a sensible school and you should be fine tbh..

9. Natty whats going on today, doing some heavy lifting I presume??

10. Natty, get some taurine for them pumps. 5 g pre and 5 g post. Does wonders. I work the hell outta my legs on leg day and no matter how many bananas i took i got crazy pumps. Hope that works brother. Lookin good on those lunges. I did 100's on each side the other day and nearly passed out.

11. today: Back
    notes: I think it's time to find a new routine. I'm not feeling fulfilled and it's leading to me doing more and more exercises.

Deads:
    225x15
    315x 2 sets of 6
    365x 1 set of 4

T-bar Rows
    4 plates, 4 sets of 8

wide grip pull downs
    140x6
    120x6
    100x12
    90x12

Reverse grip pulldowns
    150x 3 sets of 10

shrugs on the...well i don't know what it's called but it looks like a little box made for shruging. I think it ways about 60 pounds.
    two 45's + a 25 on each side- 3 sets of 12

running the rack shrugs
    95x8all the way down to 20x8 with no breaks.

again the back pump was horrible. i had to stop and sit down several times just while walking. I thought i was going to cry while doing the shrugs it was so bad. I'm ordering taurine today.

12. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Natty, get some taurine for them pumps. 5 g pre and 5 g post. Does wonders. I work the hell outta my legs on leg day and no matter how many bananas i took i got crazy pumps. Hope that works brother. Lookin good on those lunges. I did 100's on each side the other day and nearly passed out.
    dang...100's? highest i ever did was 70's.

i have a new goal

although my gym only has one 100 pound db, the other one fell apart on some guys face while he was doing db presses.

i'm ordering taurine today.

13. On his face? I know that hurt. 100's were no easy task, but you can do it. i give you 3 weeks.

14. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    On his face? I know that hurt. 100's were no easy task, but you can do it. i give you 3 weeks.
    definitely.

3 weeks? I love the vote of confidence, hopefully i wont let you down...

15. i'm also going to make note:

i got up over 275 last week, I think with all the cake I was eating (my mom made one, my grandparents made one, and my job gave me one) and i weighed myself today powo, and was back down to 262.

16. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    i'm also going to make note:

i got up over 275 last week, I think with all the cake I was eating (my mom made one, my grandparents made one, and my job gave me one) and i weighed myself today powo, and was back down to 262.
    DANG I HATE THAT. I'm losing a few pounds coming off the creatine and no joke im getting depressed!

17. Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    DANG I HATE THAT. I'm losing a few pounds coming off the creatine and no joke im getting depressed!
    He wants to lose weight.

Sounds good natty. Wish i could have cake

18. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    i'm also going to make note:

LOL me too, my daughters bday and Easter tomorrow..yum cake!! Diet on Monday.:donut:

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    He wants to lose weight.

Sounds good natty. Wish i could have cake
    I'm pretty sure Natty T is trying to gain muscle mass no? Someone a page back or so said they were impressed with his rapid weight gains....

20. i want to lose fat and gain muscle.

the ultimate goal though is to compete. me and pr decided it would be best right now if i lost some weight. mostly fat. I'm sitting at 262 right now, and I'd like to get down to about 230 or lower then see where I should go from there.

so i guess i'm in a cutting phase?

21. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    i want to lose fat and gain muscle.

the ultimate goal though is to compete. me and pr decided it would be best right now if i lost some weight. mostly fat. I'm sitting at 262 right now, and I'd like to get down to about 230 or lower then see where I should go from there.

so i guess i'm in a cutting phase?
    yeah i guess cutting is good. what is your rep scheme gonna look like?

22. Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    yeah i guess cutting is good. what is your rep scheme gonna look like?
    i'm not sure yet. I haven't played with it.

i think i'm shooting for 12 reps...i don't really like to go much higher than that.

I'm also considering the use of super sets. the idea, and the goal, is to stay anabolic while losing fat. I'll be very happy though if i can atleast maintain my strength.

i've never really tried to lose weight before...I'm not sure what to expect.

23. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    i'm not sure yet. I haven't played with it.

i think i'm shooting for 12 reps...i don't really like to go much higher than that.

I'm also considering the use of super sets. the idea, and the goal, is to stay anabolic while losing fat. I'll be very happy though if i can atleast maintain my strength.

i've never really tried to lose weight before...I'm not sure what to expect.
    I would experiment high rep. I did that about 6 months back. I went no lower than 15 reps. it worked pretty well for me.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

24. i dont want you to lose strength either natty t

25. so...happy easter.

it through off my plans...tomorrow was going to be my off day, but the gym's closed so now it'll be today. the easter bunny still stops by my house, even though i'm 20 and an only child. (mom's bored i guess....) so i have a bucket of chocolate covered peanuts, a new pair of lifting straps, and a new shaker.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nurse Gray's Bodybuilding Log
    By NurseGray in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 1016
    Last Post: 01-16-2016, 11:10 AM
  2. Natty's RTD Stimul8 Log
    By NattyForLife in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 12-10-2014, 04:34 AM
  3. Bodybuilding Log: Mikeyjd
    By Mikeyjd in forum Workout Logs