Natty T's Bodybuilding Log

Page 6 of 27 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. happy easter
    Team Orbit

2. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    so...happy easter.

it through off my plans...tomorrow was going to be my off day, but the gym's closed so now it'll be today. the easter bunny still stops by my house, even though i'm 20 and an only child. (mom's bored i guess....) so i have a bucket of chocolate covered peanuts, a new pair of lifting straps, and a new shaker.

Lucky! Wish my Mom got me easter stuff...
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    so...happy easter.

it through off my plans...tomorrow was going to be my off day, but the gym's closed so now it'll be today. the easter bunny still stops by my house, even though i'm 20 and an only child. (mom's bored i guess....) so i have a bucket of chocolate covered peanuts, a new pair of lifting straps, and a new shaker.
    Your mom's cool.

4. your mum is very cool! the closest thing Ive ever got to a gym related present was a post workout macdonalds

5. my mom's awesome

she spends probably $200+ a week on my grocery bill alone...plus my gym memberships and just about everything else...

and every once in awhile she pays for my supplements as a surprise.

•   

6. NOICE. Love it when my mom buys me suppliments!

7. Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    NOICE. Love it when my mom buys me suppliments!
    You mom is awesome then cuz the only thing my mom would think of buying me supplement wise is some Omega 3's or CoQ10... she's hooked on those Andrew Lessman specials they show on the home shopping network
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!

8. Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    You mom is awesome then cuz the only thing my mom would think of buying me supplement wise is some Omega 3's or CoQ10... she's hooked on those Andrew Lessman specials they show on the home shopping network
    hahahahaha
  9. Question for the Texan

Hey natty T. This is a little off topic but I got a question for you.....

I knowticed your name is "NATTY" Texan. Would you ever consider doin AAS or PHs? Even in the distant future? Just curious....

10. Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    Hey natty T. This is a little off topic but I got a question for you.....

I knowticed your name is "NATTY" Texan. Would you ever consider doin AAS or PHs? Even in the distant future? Just curious....

in a very very very distant future. my age limit is 28. i guess i'll have to change my s/n in 8 years....

the male body doesn't fully balance out it's own hormones untill that age (see the reason male car insurance goes down at 26) and even afterwords. I'm all about maximizing my genetic potential, and i think i'll be able to lay myself a very solid foundation by then.

11. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    in a very very very distant future. my age limit is 28. i guess i'll have to change my s/n in 8 years....

the male body doesn't fully balance out it's own hormones untill that age (see the reason male car insurance goes down at 26) and even afterwords. I'm all about maximizing my genetic potential, and i think i'll be able to lay myself a very solid foundation by then.
    I agree! You are a very mature, educated, respectable young man!

12. What Natty? So you haven't already ran three H-drol cycles in the past year? Then how did you get sooo big??? jk bro, we all know your clean as Barry Bonds in the shower... no but seriously good call, I might never want to use anything like that either...

13. Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    What Natty? So you haven't already ran three H-drol cycles in the past year? Then how did you get sooo big??? jk bro, we all know your clean as Barry Bonds in the shower... no but seriously good call, I might never want to use anything like that either...
    what...barry's clean right....

dude to be honest...idk even know what half this stuff...like when buster said AAS...

14. AAS = androgenic anabolic steroids

15. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    what...barry's clean right....

dude to be honest...idk even know what half this stuff...like when buster said AAS...
    Anybody who can get there forehead to grow as big as his must just be lifting and working hard, right???

16. Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    Anybody who can get there forehead to grow as big as his must just be lifting and working hard, right???
    he's been feeding his brain.

17. Steroids?!?!!? I thought the pros just used dat der cell tech?

18. Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    i've actually been wondering about that....

how come the body builders don't have massive heads??

19. Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    AAS = androgenic anabolic steroids
    dang it buster, you keep giving me words to look up.

thank you for translating though

20. body builders do have massive heads. a few dont, but they are probably careful about what roids they take and how much.

21. Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    body builders do have massive heads. a few dont, but they are probably careful about what roids they take and how much.
    ...i guess i'm not as observant...

22. Today: Chest.

I decided to do chest today, instead of arms or abs which is what was planned but yesterdays forced off day threw me off. I also need to note, that my diet was absolutely horrible last week. I did not stay on schedule, and when I did eat it wasn't the healthiest foods. I'm back up to 267 powo today.

Bench Press-
    185x8x1
    215x6x2
    185x6x2
    I felt very week on bench press today. I'm attributing it to bad diet, and bad form. I noticed I haven't been pulling my shoulders together, and my hands were sneaking closer and closer together. I usually like to keep a semi wide grip or my tri's and shoulders feel like they take over and dominate the lift.

Incline Bench
    135x8x4. I hit it pretty wide on these and had a hell of a pump. several times I didn't think I'd be able to get the weight back up...

Decline Hammer Press
    275x8, 10 seconds rest, x 4, 10 seconds rest, x3, 15 seconds rest, x 3, dropped the weight down to 225, x mpr.

...I did another chest exercise i don't know the name of but...it basically looks like cable crossovers from the low cables except with d.b.'s
    4 sets of 10 with 25's

Cable crossovers, (from high setting)
    40 lbs x 20
    90 lbs x 5
    90 lbs x 3
    60 lbs x 8
    60 lbs x 5
    I've never done these before so i was kind of playing with the weight trying to find a good setting...

Shoulders
    side db raises
    40's x 4 sets of 8
    front db raises
    40's x 4 sets of 8
    reverse fly machine
    160 lbs (machine weight)
    4 sets of 10.

I was thinking about breaking my splits down even more, and having a day just for chest, just for back, just for legs, just for arms, and just for shoulders and abs. if i do it it'll probably start...on thursday it'll look something like this.

Possible New Routine

Day One Legs
    Squats x 4 sets of 12
    Lying Leg Curls x 4 sets of 15
    Lunges x 3 sets of 12
    Calf Raises x 5 sets of 15
    Bosu Ball work.

Day Two Chest
    Bench Press x 4 sets of 12
    Incline Press x 4 sets of 14
    Incline Flys or Cable Work x 4 sets of 15
    Decline Hammer presses x 4 sets of 12

Day 3 Back
    Deads x 4 sets of 12
    Close Grip T-Bar rows x 4 sets of 12
    Wide Grip Bent over rows or Single Arm D.B. Rows x 5 sets of 10
    Wide Grip Pull Downs x 5 sets of 12
    Reverse Grip Pull Downs x 4 sets of 14

Day 4 Arms
    Pin Wheel Curls or B.B. Curls x 4 sets of 12
    Single Arm D.b. Curls x 4 sets of 12
    Reverse E.Z. Bar Curls x 4 sets of 12
    Behind the Head Tri Press x 5 sets of 10
    Bench Dips or Tri Kick Back x 5 sets of 15
    Skull Crushers x 4 sets of 12

Day 5 Shoulders and Abs
    Front Raises x 4 sets of 12
    Side Raises x 4 sets of 12
    Reverse Machine Flyes x 4 sets of 12
    Shrugs x 5 sets of 15
    Wood Choppers 5 sets of 15
    Cable Crunches 5 sets of 20
    Hanging Leg Raises or Reverse Bridge Core 4 sets of 15 or 3 sets of one minute
    Oblique Crunches 4 sets of 15
    Good Mornings or Hyper Extensions 4 sets of 12

Day 6
    Cardio and Stretches

I will also be doing stretches and 30 minutes of cardio + 10 minutes of jump rope work (no jump ropes on leg day) after every workout.

23. Looks like a nice workout, you finished strong despite your benchpress. Is your form perfect with those DB raises?

24. Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    Looks like a nice workout, you finished strong despite your benchpress. Is your form perfect with those DB raises?
    I'd like to think it is. I try very hard to have good form....I try to hold it on top and go down slowly.

25. 12 sets for shoulders is too chill... im only doing 9 sets with my new workout and it feels pathetic, i feel like i need 12-14 sets. does 12 sets feel like over training to you?

26. I think the program looks pretty good. Like with all things it depends on your personal recovery abilities and what works for your body as long as your hitting it hard and effectively. The only thing I would possibly change is you could add more leg day volume if you see fit and maybe go with a rep range of 8-12 instead of just straight 12 rep sets...but thats what works for me just throwing out some possibilities

good luck man
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

27. Might wanna try some widowmakers on legs day, especially for squats

28. Quote Originally Posted by buster0371 View Post
    12 sets for shoulders is too chill... im only doing 9 sets with my new workout and it feels pathetic, i feel like i need 12-14 sets. does 12 sets feel like over training to you?

as i've told you before, i'm a firm believer in if you're having to do more volume to feel like you're getting it done, you're not lifting enough weight.

thats enough sets at a high enough range that it should help me cut fat...hopefully.

29. Solid work today and I like the new routine!

30. dude...
    what's up with this new...layout?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Natty-T.
    By natty texan in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 09:26 PM
  2. Natty or Not
    By jsmoke in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 07:57 PM