Natty T's Bodybuilding Log

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
I have a serious shoulder sting on incline from what I've researched it could be torn rotator cuff....Makes my shoulder really hurt...somedays worse than others thats why I'm fairly light weight on incline bb presses...Don't think I've gone past 165 can't remember...usually hurts and stings way to bad...

I hear ya all on the lifting partner thing too...I didn't have one for a along time and now me and LG33 lift together its very nice an makes me push alot harder, you guys need to befriend someone in your gyms lol....:wink1:

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I have a serious shoulder sting on incline from what I've researched it could be torn rotator cuff....Makes my shoulder really hurt...somedays worse than others thats why I'm fairly light weight on incline bb presses...Don't think I've gone past 165 can't remember...usually hurts and stings way to bad...

I hear ya all on the lifting partner thing too...I didn't have one for a along time and now me and LG33 lift together its very nice an makes me push alot harder, you guys need to befriend someone in your gyms lol....:wink1:
i did tear my rotator cuffs (both) in football my jr. year....

i never really thought about that, i just took a bunch of pain meds and did these little rubber band exercises and got iced a lot....

maybe that's what it is...although i'd think if mine were still torn i wouldn't be doing db side raises with 40's...

on the other note. when i work out, there are a bunch of old white haired fat rich oil guys that stare at themselves naked in the mirror and talk about the yoga girls.

i've asked a few of them to spot me and they always make a big deal about having to go out of their way haha...

hopefully i'll be able to find a different time during the summer :D

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Why do old dudes always go to the mirror naked?

Sometimes I walk into the locker room and you have to walk right past the sinks once you get in... so you walk in and all of a sudden its like BAM! White wrinkley ass crack all over the place!

Disturbing

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established

Sometimes I walk into the locker room and you have to walk right past the sinks once you get in... so you walk in and all of a sudden its like BAM! White wrinkley ass crack all over the place!

Disturbing
haha dude, similar thing here, right when you walk in there's a wall of mirrors and a bunch of long white chest hair pokin out all over..

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established

Disturbing
haha dude, similar thing here, right when you walk in there's a wall of mirrors and a bunch of long white chest hair pokin out all over..
Fking hilarious guys....hey Natty I do alot of other lifting to like side lats, pec dec etc....things that require me to use my shoulder or to at least move my shoulder...But don't hurt also...Just certain lifts and moves totally paralyzes my shoulder...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Fking hilarious guys....hey Natty I do alot of other lifting to like side lats, pec dec etc....things that require me to use my shoulder or to at least move my shoulder...But don't hurt also...Just certain lifts and moves totally paralyzes my shoulder...
hmmm...

maybe it's still a problem then.

can you do military presses?

i can't even look at a bar and think military press or my shoulders start hurting really bad.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
hmmm...

maybe it's still a problem then.

can you do military presses?

i can't even look at a bar and think military press or my shoulders start hurting really bad.
I am the same way bro...when I know its time to do mil presses and incline I let my spotter LG33 know to keep an eye out....he knows i have a shoulder problem...I usually no kiddin just suck it up and do the best i can probably not the smartest to keep pushing but i have a don't quit until i can never do it attitude...i'm fixin to go to the Dr. next week an I'm gonna bring to their attention but if they say I can't lift or we need you to go to physical therapy, I'm gonna tell them they are idiots because I've been doing hard core physical therapy for the last year lifting wts....lol....I want them to actually do an mri or xray or something to look at the inside and see if anything is torn or messed up...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
I am the same way bro...when I know its time to do mil presses and incline I let my spotter LG33 know to keep an eye out....he knows i have a shoulder problem...I usually no kiddin just suck it up and do the best i can probably not the smartest to keep pushing but i have a don't quit until i can never do it attitude...i'm fixin to go to the Dr. next week an I'm gonna bring to their attention but if they say I can't lift or we need you to go to physical therapy, I'm gonna tell them they are idiots because I've been doing hard core physical therapy for the last year lifting wts....lol....I want them to actually do an mri or xray or something to look at the inside and see if anything is torn or messed up...
good luck at the dr. man.

i don't want another x-ray run on me again in my life. i've torn enough muscles, broken enough bones, and had enough mri's and cat scans to last me a life time.

i even slightly glow now ;)

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
lol on the scans...I've had a few too. MRI's & CAT scans shouldn't worry you tho; they're based on magnetic resonance and not radiation and are perfectly safe...just damn expensive (x-ray=100, mri=1200).

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
lol on the scans...I've had a few too. MRI's & CAT scans shouldn't worry you tho; they're based on magnetic resonance and not radiation and are perfectly safe...just damn expensive (x-ray=100, mri=1200).
ya man i had an mri done last year...it was pretty cool but expensive and I'm glad my insurance covered it...

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my first mri was in jan; had meniscus trapped in the knee joint and it was *so* f***ing painful to straighten the knee enough to get the mri done. In the middle of the scan my knee moved and they had to do it again...still remember how bad it hurt.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Your a good 100 pounds bigger than me. Def watching this, its always good to take notes and learn from someone more advanced. Good luck bro

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

Random181

Awards
  • Established
All this talk of head injuries is scaring me the fokk away from MMA lol

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Your a good 100 pounds bigger than me. Def watching this, its always good to take notes and learn from someone more advanced. Good luck bro

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
welcome aboard man.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i can't get into that sport for some reason...

i've started watching countless fights and i always turn them off before they're done....

just not my cup of tea i guess...

does anyone know if they broadcast bb shows on t.v.?

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if they do, but I like to watch the strongman competition shows sometimes on like ESPN2 or the VS channel

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
yeah the strongmen are cool, some look almost fat they are so buff

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
today: legs

Squats
warm up-135x 12, 225 x 12
lifts:
315x 3 sets of 6
bench squats
225x 1 set of 15 i would have liked to have done more, but the lower back pumps i've been getting have really been hurting me on squats...too the point it's hard to stay in form.

lunges
50's (db's) x 4 sets of 8

lying leg curls
140x 6
120 x 6 x 2
100 x 6

these are way down from last week, and i'm thinking it's because i did lunges before these.

hack squats
one plate on each side 4 sets of 15

single leg leg press
2 plates on each side, 4 sets of 12 on each leg.

calf raises.
i found another calf machine that's got more room for weights on the top platform so i used it instead.
400 lbs (all the machine weight)+ a 45 hanging on the adjusting pin+ two 35's and a 25 stacked on the top platform x 5 sets of 20

bosu ball balance.
i have bad balance, and tight hips, so i'm working on that with standing on both sides of the bosu ball :)

overall i think i bordered slightly on over training.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
wow that is an intense leg day. i thought i was over training too doing around 15-20 sets. but i had no symptoms of overtraining, always got stronger, never felt fatigued durring the days, always gave at least 3 or 4 days of rest, so i think us young guys can handle that type of volume

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Any idea why you are getting the lower back pumps natty? its gotta suck man! Nice workout though!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Any idea why you are getting the lower back pumps natty? its gotta suck man! Nice workout though!
i have no clue...

it really does suck, i keep pushing it till my legs go numb, and i have to sit down and lean way back and hold that position for about a minute. then i do it all over again haha

i was thinking it was a strength problem so i started doing hyper extensions and good mornings and other than the fact that the give me a tremendous pump as well nothings changed...

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
maybe try taurine for lower back pumps? and potassium?

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
man, that's a lot of volume...but not bad, given what kind of stuff you're doing.

I don't think it's going to cause overtraining if you do your heavy/basic leg sets and then work on exhausting individual muscle groups; it's just not good for heavy duty power/explosive training imo.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
I would like to get into MMA I'm kinda older but the one thing holding me back is the wife...she don't like it..

i've started watching countless fights and i always turn them off before they're done....

I think sometimes....

I don't know if they do, but I like to watch the strongman competition shows sometimes on like ESPN2 or the VS channel
This is true ESPN an Versus channel...I was watching strongman the other day was cool..

yeah the strongmen are cool, some look almost fat they are so buff
Not fat solid for sure..:mischievous:

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
All right natty, me and the boys have been talking about your birthday and all and decided to get you a couple presents in light of your new-found interest in bodybuilding:

Enjoy!

Attachments

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
All right natty, me and the boys have been talking about your birthday and all and decided to get you a couple presents in light of your new-found interest in bodybuilding:

Enjoy!
:laugh:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
thats a solid leg workout natty, those lunges will deplete you if you do them too early... leg workouts are definitively my favorite workout days since those are my biggest lifts, if your back pumps persist look in to getting some bulk taurine it really does help, best of luck and keep pushing hard!

cheers,

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established

Dont knock it till ya try it! I never was a "IM GONNA WATCH EVERY UFC FIGHT" guy, but once I started training in it, it gets very addicting. Theres something beautiful about knowing Brazilian ju jitsu and being able to lock a dude up in a submission hold in a couple seconds or put him on his back, and ground and pound him.

And the amount of brotherhood and respect in the sport is something to be desired in other sports. You could have just gotten done bashing a guy till he couldn't remember where he was and he would come to you after the fight and congratulate you.

To each their own though, however being a bodybuilder and into MMA would be extremely hard. MMA builds a very "athletic" physique

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
I have all the respect for MMA; martial arts done well is more beautiful than ballet imho.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
solid workout man. 50 lb dumbells on lunges are numbers i don't have the kahuna's to try.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
I love MMA, but I can see why your wife would be worried about it BeBig, I love the sport and love the fitness but can see the risk the only serious injury ive ever taken was getting kicked in the side of the head hard and smacking into a wall, my concentration sucked for about 3 days after which was kinda worrying lol. Im sure if you ask around some of the other MMA guys will have had far worse though. I would say just be careful and join a sensible school and you should be fine tbh..

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Natty whats going on today, doing some heavy lifting I presume??

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Natty, get some taurine for them pumps. 5 g pre and 5 g post. Does wonders. I work the hell outta my legs on leg day and no matter how many bananas i took i got crazy pumps. Hope that works brother. Lookin good on those lunges. I did 100's on each side the other day and nearly passed out.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
today: Back
notes: I think it's time to find a new routine. I'm not feeling fulfilled and it's leading to me doing more and more exercises.

Deads:
225x15
315x 2 sets of 6
365x 1 set of 4

T-bar Rows
4 plates, 4 sets of 8

wide grip pull downs
140x6
120x6
100x12
90x12

Reverse grip pulldowns
150x 3 sets of 10

shrugs on the...well i don't know what it's called but it looks like a little box made for shruging. I think it ways about 60 pounds.
two 45's + a 25 on each side- 3 sets of 12

running the rack shrugs
95x8all the way down to 20x8 with no breaks.

again the back pump was horrible. i had to stop and sit down several times just while walking. I thought i was going to cry while doing the shrugs it was so bad. I'm ordering taurine today.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Natty, get some taurine for them pumps. 5 g pre and 5 g post. Does wonders. I work the hell outta my legs on leg day and no matter how many bananas i took i got crazy pumps. Hope that works brother. Lookin good on those lunges. I did 100's on each side the other day and nearly passed out.
dang...100's? highest i ever did was 70's.

i have a new goal :)

although my gym only has one 100 pound db, the other one fell apart on some guys face while he was doing db presses.

i'm ordering taurine today.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
On his face? I know that hurt. 100's were no easy task, but you can do it. i give you 3 weeks.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
On his face? I know that hurt. 100's were no easy task, but you can do it. i give you 3 weeks.
definitely.

3 weeks? I love the vote of confidence, hopefully i wont let you down...

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i'm also going to make note:

i got up over 275 last week, I think with all the cake I was eating (my mom made one, my grandparents made one, and my job gave me one) and i weighed myself today powo, and was back down to 262.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established

i got up over 275 last week, I think with all the cake I was eating (my mom made one, my grandparents made one, and my job gave me one) and i weighed myself today powo, and was back down to 262.
DANG I HATE THAT. I'm losing a few pounds coming off the creatine and no joke im getting depressed!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

LOL me too, my daughters bday and Easter tomorrow..yum cake!! Diet on Monday.:donut:

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
He wants to lose weight.

Sounds good natty. Wish i could have cake
I'm pretty sure Natty T is trying to gain muscle mass no? Someone a page back or so said they were impressed with his rapid weight gains....

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i want to lose fat and gain muscle.

the ultimate goal though is to compete. me and pr decided it would be best right now if i lost some weight. mostly fat. I'm sitting at 262 right now, and I'd like to get down to about 230 or lower then see where I should go from there.

so i guess i'm in a cutting phase?

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
i want to lose fat and gain muscle.

the ultimate goal though is to compete. me and pr decided it would be best right now if i lost some weight. mostly fat. I'm sitting at 262 right now, and I'd like to get down to about 230 or lower then see where I should go from there.

so i guess i'm in a cutting phase?
yeah i guess cutting is good. what is your rep scheme gonna look like?

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
yeah i guess cutting is good. what is your rep scheme gonna look like?
i'm not sure yet. I haven't played with it.

i think i'm shooting for 12 reps...i don't really like to go much higher than that.

I'm also considering the use of super sets. the idea, and the goal, is to stay anabolic while losing fat. I'll be very happy though if i can atleast maintain my strength.

i've never really tried to lose weight before...I'm not sure what to expect.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i'm not sure yet. I haven't played with it.

i think i'm shooting for 12 reps...i don't really like to go much higher than that.

I'm also considering the use of super sets. the idea, and the goal, is to stay anabolic while losing fat. I'll be very happy though if i can atleast maintain my strength.

i've never really tried to lose weight before...I'm not sure what to expect.
I would experiment high rep. I did that about 6 months back. I went no lower than 15 reps. it worked pretty well for me.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
i dont want you to lose strength either natty t

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
so...happy easter.

it through off my plans...tomorrow was going to be my off day, but the gym's closed so now it'll be today. the easter bunny still stops by my house, even though i'm 20 and an only child. (mom's bored i guess....) so i have a bucket of chocolate covered peanuts, a new pair of lifting straps, and a new shaker.