Natty T's Bodybuilding Log

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
For those of ya'll who don't know, I apparently have chronic traumatic encephalopathy. It comes from getting hit in the head really hard a bunch. (article on it: Dead athletes' brains show damage from concussions - CNN.com). This pretty much spells the end of my football career unless i get brawny and stupid and play anyway. Since i'm not planning on getting stupid I'm now devoting my life to body building. I'd like to be on a stage next summer ('10) but realistically I'll build up until Christmas 2010 and try to do a show in summer of '11.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Routine:
it's basically a 5 day split that is never really set in stone. I really love being in the gym, and I hate off days which I'm trying to work around by having two 'slower' days in days four and five.
day one chest
day two legs
day three back
day four arms
day five abs

Diet:
7:30 whey shake with cup of oats and flax
8:00 shock therapy
8:15 in the gym
9:30-10:00 whey shake with storm
10:30: chicken breast with full cup of rice (measure dry) and fruit
12:00: roast with sweet potato
3:00 chicken breast with cup of rice
4:00 last heavy carbs of the day: natty peanut butter sandwhich on wheat
6:00 two chicken breasts with broccoli
8:00 24 ounces of fat free milk. last thing of the day usually.
between 11-12 is bed time.

Supplements:

as of 4/7/09
  • Animal Flex
  • Shock Therapy
  • Storm
  • Nocturnabol
  • Gaba

UPDATE: 4/19/09

• Somnidren
  • ZMK
  • Taurine
  • Creatine Mono
  • Universal Storm
  • AX's Slim Xtreme
  • Animal Flex

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
this post is reserved cuz i felt like reserving another one without reason..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good look with this new endeavor! I followed the last log and will follow this one as well.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the football. What weight do you want to compete at? Shold post some before pics.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the football. What weight do you want to compete at? Shold post some before pics.
i'm aiming to find a camera.

I'm not sure about the weight yet. I hit 269 on the scale today... I think I could compete in the 220's.-230's

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
nice to see that you're making the most of this :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i'm aiming to find a camera.

I'm not sure about the weight yet. I hit 269 on the scale today... I think I could compete in the 220's.-230's
dang you are a big dude....

*feels short and small now* :sad: :p

pause

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
dang you are a big dude....

*feels short and small now* :sad: :p

pause
haha, it's all good man. you're lucky you don't have to pick the bar up as far when you're doing deads :dl:

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the head bro! How did you find this out? I had a super bag head injury 4 years ago I kinda am taking it slow on MMA and fighting until I get insurance so I can be cleared by a doctor... I dont wanna take blows to the head unless I can get cleared.

Good luck brotha! Cant wait to see you succeed you stubborn fxck!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
This is my post for my workout from today. also in my old log.

alright the workout:today was arms. i don't like having just an arms day, but it gives another day in there for recovery so i don't have to take two off days. i think i'm going to turn my other off day into a go to the gym and stretch day haha.

I weighed in today at 169...i'll wait a few days and see if that's level or goes up/down before i make it official...

bi's:
standing b.b. curl
115 lbs (b.b.+ 35's) 4 sets of 8
21's
75 lbs 3
standing d.b. curl
50 x 8 x 1 this was extremely easy so i raised it
60 x 8 x 3 the last 4 reps on the last set had some body english
45 x max reps (body english free)x 1 i think i did 11 but i wasn't really counting
tri's
standing tri press 100 lbs (we don't have any higher weights at my gym ) x 4 sets of 12
skull crushers 90 lbs x 3 sets of 12
tri kickbacks 30 lbs x 4 sets of 12

I don't really like all the high rep work right now, so i'm going to try to raise the weight up next week.

I'm heading out for birthday lunch, then i'm going to go apply at the hotel. hope everyone's having a fantastic day in the gym

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the head bro! How did you find this out? I had a super bag head injury 4 years ago I kinda am taking it slow on MMA and fighting until I get insurance so I can be cleared by a doctor... I dont wanna take blows to the head unless I can get cleared.

Good luck brotha! Cant wait to see you succeed you stubborn fxck!
nice to have you aboard man.

good luck with your head injury.

I've had a bunch of tests run over the years, I couldn't play football my sr. year in high school due to a concussion. They brought me in friday for some more tests, then told me what they thought it was and that they couldn't really do anything about it.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
im subb'd for the long run...gl big guy you'll get there...keep up the intensity

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
For a little more background on where I'm at now, I got on the football team at SFA, (i didn't tell them about my head) and busted my knee out. I limped around for a year, and by the time it was strong enough to lift again (i didn't get surgery) i met a girl who didn't want me to lift. Didn't want a buff b.f. I'd fallen head over heals for her, and would make her my fiance within 3 months. She dumped me at 4 am valentines day, and 3 days later I was back in the gym.
It's been a month and 21 days since then and i've put on 24 pounds in that time, following the diet I've been following. I've been using the supplement stack for 2 weeks tomorrow.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
nice to have you aboard man.

good luck with your head injury.

I've had a bunch of tests run over the years, I couldn't play football my sr. year in high school due to a concussion. They brought me in friday for some more tests, then told me what they thought it was and that they couldn't really do anything about it.
Man I hit my head on the concrete after wrestling around with a buddy... crack in my skull, blood clot in my brain, bleeding 3 spots internally, and had a contusion. I had 2 doctors and 2 nurses tell me that patients with that severe of a head injury usually are in a coma, paralyzed, or dead (EEEEESH!)

I went back a year later and got another cat scan and they told me my head healed good so far but that it was STILL HEALING A YEAR LATER! (YIKES!)

So as severe as it was im amazed i dont have any serious side effects... for awhile i had pain while heavy lifting but that has been gone for 3 years or so

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Man I hit my head on the concrete after wrestling around with a buddy... crack in my skull, blood clot in my brain, bleeding 3 spots internally, and had a contusion. I had 2 doctors and 2 nurses tell me that patients with that severe of a head injury usually are in a coma, paralyzed, or dead (EEEEESH!)

I went back a year later and got another cat scan and they told me my head healed good so far but that it was STILL HEALING A YEAR LATER! (YIKES!)

So as severe as it was im amazed i dont have any serious side effects... for awhile i had pain while heavy lifting but that has been gone for 3 years or so
yeah man.

thinks like this never completely heal.

i sat down with my family and we think i've had about 15+ concussions.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
yeah man.

thinks like this never completely heal.

i sat down with my family and we think i've had about 15+ concussions.
HOLY SHXT! Yeah those are no good... Well bro Id wish ya luck with this future endeavor... but I'm not going too... and its not because im a fxcking a$$hole... (well i am a little bit) but im not going to wish you luck, Because I know you're one dedicated motherfxcker and you don't need it! I know you will be successful in whatever you do! With that being said... I'm in for the ride!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
HOLY SHXT! Yeah those are no good... Well bro Id wish ya luck with this future endeavor... but I'm not going too... and its not because im a fxcking a$$hole... (well i am a little bit) but im not going to wish you luck, Because I know you're one dedicated motherfxcker and you don't need it! I know you will be successful in whatever you do! With that being said... I'm in for the ride!
hahaha thanks man.

i don't wish you luck too ;)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
what a weird girl. i assume she was with the EMO crowd if she wanted you to stay that skinny. also, anyone that superficial isn't whats best for your heart. keep slugging away at life brotha, that's how success is measured on and off the field.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
subbed for the ride as well, look at it from the bright side, at least you didn't take one too many blows, best of luck natty.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
what a weird girl. i assume she was with the EMO crowd if she wanted you to stay that skinny. also, anyone that superficial isn't whats best for your heart. keep slugging away at life brotha, that's how success is measured on and off the field.
yea man.

actually the thing was, she was 4'11 (extremely smart girl, not emo at all actually) and i'm 6'1, and i'm kind of a huge guy...always have been. just really thick boned...and i think she was worried about me getting even bigger...
idk

it wasn't the best relationship, but i was enamored by here and didn't see that at the time.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In to make sure nobody hits you in the head!

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
In to make sure nobody hits you in the head!
:laugh:

that's almost not funny...one of my concussions came in middle school in the weight room. we had a really small weight room and i was doing crunches and a kid was doing bench press and he lost it and a 45 slipped off and hit me in the head.

M16

M16

IBE Rep
Awards
  • Established
Good Luck with the switch over man !!!...You can own it. I'll be keeping up with this for sure and if yA ever want to bounce ideas{TRAINING, DIET, ETC} off one another I'm here.

GOOD LUCK

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Good Luck with the switch over man !!!...You can own it. I'll be keeping up with this for sure and if yA ever want to bounce ideas{TRAINING, DIET, ETC} off one another I'm here.

GOOD LUCK
thanks man :) same goes for you

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate the invite, bro ! I'm in for sure !!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
:laugh:

that's almost not funny...one of my concussions came in middle school in the weight room. we had a really small weight room and i was doing crunches and a kid was doing bench press and he lost it and a 45 slipped off and hit me in the head.
Ouch!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Hey Natty, nice to see you got a new thread going. I am registered for an NPC in october, but I think I may drop it. I have not had near the time to devote to my bodybuilding this school year that I was planning. Are you in school at all right now?

I feel your pain though on concussion and such. I have had my fair share. I had one last semester doing MMA. I caught a standing arm bar weird and slammed my head... that put me out for over a month.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Routine:
it's basically a 5 day split that is never really set in stone. I really love being in the gym, and I hate off days which I'm trying to work around by having two 'slower' days in days four and five.
day one chest
day two legs
day three back
day four arms
day five abs

Diet:
7:30 whey shake with cup of oats and flax
8:00 shock therapy
8:15 in the gym
9:30-10:00 whey shake with storm
10:30: chicken breast with full cup of rice (measure dry) and fruit
12:00: roast with sweet potato
3:00 chicken breast with cup of rice
4:00 last heavy carbs of the day: natty peanut butter sandwhich on wheat
6:00 two chicken breasts with broccoli
8:00 24 ounces of fat free milk. last thing of the day usually.
between 11-12 is bed time.

Supplements:
as of 4/7/09
animal flex
universal shock therapy
universal storm
nocturnabol
Gaba
Stack is solid dude! And as for the diet thats about what i try and get everyday lately on my cut. I'm in for the ride bro! Good luck as always, you've got some big goals ahead of you as do i... Anxiously awaiting the pics to see the progression!
You sure as hell dont lack motivation thats for sure!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
In for the ride Natty boy!

Lets see some results.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Hey Natty, nice to see you got a new thread going. I am registered for an NPC in october, but I think I may drop it. I have not had near the time to devote to my bodybuilding this school year that I was planning. Are you in school at all right now?

I feel your pain though on concussion and such. I have had my fair share. I had one last semester doing MMA. I caught a standing arm bar weird and slammed my head... that put me out for over a month.
yeah i'm actually in junior college right now.

ouch...see this is why i stuck to football...put me in a ring where guys are aiming for my head and i'd probably be done for by now

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
Stack is solid dude! And as for the diet thats about what i try and get everyday lately on my cut. I'm in for the ride bro! Good luck as always, you've got some big goals ahead of you as do i... Anxiously awaiting the pics to see the progression!
You sure as hell dont lack motivation thats for sure!!
thanks for jumpin on man. :)

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
I DIDNT GET AN INVITE.... JK. SUBBED

"natty ts getting back into bodybuilding"

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
subbed fo sho', feel like I'm late to the party already!

btw, if you missed it; happy birthday bro! 20's a great age to be (now if I could just go back). I turn 30 in 9 days...ugh!

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
subbed fo sho', feel like I'm late to the party already!

btw, if you missed it; happy birthday bro! 20's a great age to be (now if I could just go back). I turn 30 in 9 days...ugh!
I feel ya I'm 32 next month :ugh1: but in pretty decent shape for a 31 yr old...Yes Natty congrats on gettin outta the teens its all up from here bro...this looks like its gonna be a great run...OH yeah an I'm caught up now...

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Hey natty, count me in !