natty t's trying to get back into football.

Page 3 of 15 First 12345 ... Last

1. just placed my supplement order.

should be here in a few days

2. Mind if I tag along?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Mind if I tag along?
    you're very welcome to tag along.

I'll take all the advice/support i can get

4. --stole this idea from texaslifter. this is the song that i always start out with when i'm squatting.

okay did back today. (i've not been following my outline at all )

Dead Lifts-5 sets of 5 with the following weights in descending order. 285, 275, 265, 245, 235. it's a 10 pound improvement from last week. I've been getting these intense lower back pumps.
    Close Grip T-bar rows- 4 sets of 10 with 90 pounds + whatever the sled weighs
    Wide Grip T-Bar Rows-2 Sets of 15 with 45 pounds + whatever the sled weighs
    Straight Bar Curls- 3 sets of 10 with 95 lbs. I decided i'm going to do curls every other back day.

I didn't get in untill 8:30 and they kicked me out at 9 so that's all I got done today. I guess I should mention every rep of every set I do is a "negative"...I didn't really know it had a name but anyway i try to explode the weight up and as it's going down i try to count to atleast 5 before it's down...it's what our football coaches made us do...is this okay vol??

5. off to bed...gonna see if i can't break this cycle of insomnia
    •   

6. Subbed bro I will have to read an catch up later.....

7. Nice workout, bro. I did deads today too, and now I'm ready for bed myself. LOL.

8. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Nice workout, bro. I did deads today too, and now I'm ready for bed myself. LOL.
    the whole bed thing didn't really work out...now i'm trying to relax on here lol

9. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    the whole bed thing didn't really work out...now i'm trying to relax on here lol
    Your addicted bro hahahaahaha.....

10. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    Tell me about it man... I ordered some Somnidren GH, hoping that might put me out and help gains. In the mean time I just stay up and read forums hours on end. lol

Your progress looks good. Keep it up!

11. Quote Originally Posted by jsheely View Post
    Tell me about it man... I ordered some Somnidren GH, hoping that might put me out and help gains. In the mean time I just stay up and read forums hours on end. lol

Your progress looks good. Keep it up!
    thanks man.

yeah...i actually ordered nocturnabol and gaba.

hopefully that'll put me out.

welcome aboard

12. it is 2:46 am....

not even tired...

i cannot wait for my nocturnabol to get here.

13. Alright man log looks good I'm all caught up now....I need to go to bed gotta get up an take the boys to school...Hey man sorry bout the girl situation but dont let that get you down just keep smashin weights... Also hit my log up if you want... its in my sig....Later BeBig

14. finally got to bed around 5. got up at 8. i should have just stayed up.

i'm exhausted right now. hopefully it helps tonight.

15. nocturnabol is nice at 2 caps
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

16. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    nocturnabol is nice at 2 caps
    yeah i really can't wait to get it in the mail.

17. texas state is an all walk on team isnt it?

18. Quote Originally Posted by qwick View Post
    texas state is an all walk on team isnt it?
    no sir.

it's got a lot of guys who went to bigger schools and transferred down for playing time.

but it's d1 aa school i think. (i'm pretty sure but i'll have to check)

you don't get all walk on untill d3 (they're not allowed to give scholarships)

19. ok ok sorry i was thinking of sam houston =)

20. Quote Originally Posted by qwick View Post
    ok ok sorry i was thinking of sam houston =)
    sam gives scholarships too....

here's a list of the walk on schools in texas-
    * Austin College (Sherman)
    * Concordia University Texas (Austin)
    * University of Dallas (Irving)
    * East Texas Baptist University (Marshall)
    * Hardin-Simmons University (Abilene)
    * Howard Payne University (Brownwood)
    * LeTourneau University (Longview)
    * University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (Belton)
    * McMurry University (Abilene)
    * Schreiner University (Kerrville)
    * Southwestern University (Georgetown)
    * Sul Ross State University (Alpine)
    * Texas Lutheran University (Seguin)
    * Trinity University (San Antonio)
    * University of Texas at Dallas (Dallas)
    * University of Texas at Tyler (Tyler)

21. damn my buddy goes to sam and i coulda sworn he said most (if not all) are walk ons

22. Quote Originally Posted by qwick View Post
    damn my buddy goes to sam and i coulda sworn he said most (if not all) are walk ons
    they might be, but sam does have the ability to give out scholarships.

if they choose not to...that's their problem.

23. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    no sir.

it's got a lot of guys who went to bigger schools and transferred down for playing time.

but it's d1 aa school i think. (i'm pretty sure but i'll have to check)

you don't get all walk on untill d3 (they're not allowed to give scholarships)
    How competative is d3? I've always wanted to play, but I have no experience. I've got some decent speed and bench is up to 230. If I train for a year and put on more size, is d3 at all in reach for someone w/o experience like me? Sorry for the dumb questions, I have always wished my parents put me in football rather than soccer when I was younger.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Liquid13 View Post
    How competative is d3? I've always wanted to play, but I have no experience. I've got some decent speed and bench is up to 230. If I train for a year and put on more size, is d3 at all in reach for someone w/o experience like me? Sorry for the dumb questions, I have always wished my parents put me in football rather than soccer when I was younger.
    you're lucky they put you in soccer. most of us who started football early early will probably be in a wheel chair by the time we're 75.
    I'll probably have dementia by the time i'm 65 with all my concussions.

anyway, I know about 12 guys that i played ball with that are on d3 teams now, and they were second and third stringers in highschool..

if you want to do it go for it man.

25. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    you're lucky they put you in soccer. most of us who started football early early will probably be in a wheel chair by the time we're 75.
    I'll probably have dementia by the time i'm 65 with all my concussions.

anyway, I know about 12 guys that i played ball with that are on d3 teams now, and they were second and third stringers in highschool..

if you want to do it go for it man.
    How do you think a school would incorporate someone without experience? Would I be the joke on the team or yelled at constantly during practice lol? I guess I'm trying to ask, how would I learn; observing practices, coaches teaching me? I know I'm asking questions that are very broad, just trying to gather as much as I can. Also, I can switch to pm if you want, I am not intending to hijack this thread.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Liquid13 View Post
    How do you think a school would incorporate someone without experience? Would I be the joke on the team or yelled at constantly during practice lol? I guess I'm trying to ask, how would I learn; observing practices, coaches teaching me? I know I'm asking questions that are very broad, just trying to gather as much as I can. Also, I can switch to pm if you want, I am not intending to hijack this thread.
    haha dude i don't care but i'll p.m. you anway just to so i get a notice when you pm back

27. Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    sam gives scholarships too....

here's a list of the walk on schools in texas-
    * Austin College (Sherman)
    * Concordia University Texas (Austin)
    * University of Dallas (Irving)
    * East Texas Baptist University (Marshall)
    * Hardin-Simmons University (Abilene)
    * Howard Payne University (Brownwood)
    * LeTourneau University (Longview)
    * University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (Belton)
    * McMurry University (Abilene)
    * Schreiner University (Kerrville)
    * Southwestern University (Georgetown)
    * Sul Ross State University (Alpine)
    * Texas Lutheran University (Seguin)
    * Trinity University (San Antonio)
    * University of Texas at Dallas (Dallas)
    * University of Texas at Tyler (Tyler)

I used to get letters from all of these schools bball coaches, but I didn't even really consider it because I would have had to pay. Like pay and have student loan to pay back just do continue just to play some basketbll - no thanks.

yeah I think sam houstons football program is decent, not as good as Texas state though. Didn't that qb that got kicked out of OU (i think it is Bomar??) transferred to Sam, I think.

28. Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    I used to get letters from all of these schools bball coaches, but I didn't even really consider it because I would have had to pay. Like pay and have student loan to pay back just do continue just to play some basketbll - no thanks.

yeah I think sam houstons football program is decent, not as good as Texas state though. Didn't that qb that got kicked out of OU (i think it is Bomar??) transferred to Sam, I think.
    yeah he's in the draft this year.

29. Wonder if he will get picked?

So are you going to be doing any sprinting stuff now, or you gonna wait for a little bit?

30. Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    Wonder if he will get picked?

So are you going to be doing any sprinting stuff now, or you gonna wait for a little bit?
    he's projected as a 2nd-3rd rounder.

yeah i'm doing sprints and long jumps and frog jumps and bleachers....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Natty-T.
    By natty texan in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 10:26 PM
  2. Best Running Back In College Football
    By Tone in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 04:27 AM
  3. Natty PB
    By powerhouse21 in forum Nutrition / Health