natty t's trying to get back into football.

Page 3 of 11 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    qwick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    0

    damn my buddy goes to sam and i coulda sworn he said most (if not all) are walk ons

  2. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by qwick View Post
    damn my buddy goes to sam and i coulda sworn he said most (if not all) are walk ons
    they might be, but sam does have the ability to give out scholarships.

    if they choose not to...that's their problem.
  3. Registered User
    Liquid13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    28
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    488

    Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    no sir.

    it's got a lot of guys who went to bigger schools and transferred down for playing time.

    but it's d1 aa school i think. (i'm pretty sure but i'll have to check)

    you don't get all walk on untill d3 (they're not allowed to give scholarships)
    How competative is d3? I've always wanted to play, but I have no experience. I've got some decent speed and bench is up to 230. If I train for a year and put on more size, is d3 at all in reach for someone w/o experience like me? Sorry for the dumb questions, I have always wished my parents put me in football rather than soccer when I was younger.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid13 View Post
    How competative is d3? I've always wanted to play, but I have no experience. I've got some decent speed and bench is up to 230. If I train for a year and put on more size, is d3 at all in reach for someone w/o experience like me? Sorry for the dumb questions, I have always wished my parents put me in football rather than soccer when I was younger.
    you're lucky they put you in soccer. most of us who started football early early will probably be in a wheel chair by the time we're 75.
    I'll probably have dementia by the time i'm 65 with all my concussions.

    anyway, I know about 12 guys that i played ball with that are on d3 teams now, and they were second and third stringers in highschool..

    if you want to do it go for it man.
  5. Registered User
    Liquid13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    28
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    488

    Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    you're lucky they put you in soccer. most of us who started football early early will probably be in a wheel chair by the time we're 75.
    I'll probably have dementia by the time i'm 65 with all my concussions.

    anyway, I know about 12 guys that i played ball with that are on d3 teams now, and they were second and third stringers in highschool..

    if you want to do it go for it man.
    How do you think a school would incorporate someone without experience? Would I be the joke on the team or yelled at constantly during practice lol? I guess I'm trying to ask, how would I learn; observing practices, coaches teaching me? I know I'm asking questions that are very broad, just trying to gather as much as I can. Also, I can switch to pm if you want, I am not intending to hijack this thread.
  6. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid13 View Post
    How do you think a school would incorporate someone without experience? Would I be the joke on the team or yelled at constantly during practice lol? I guess I'm trying to ask, how would I learn; observing practices, coaches teaching me? I know I'm asking questions that are very broad, just trying to gather as much as I can. Also, I can switch to pm if you want, I am not intending to hijack this thread.
    haha dude i don't care but i'll p.m. you anway just to so i get a notice when you pm back
  7. Registered User
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    sam gives scholarships too....

    here's a list of the walk on schools in texas-
    * Austin College (Sherman)
    * Concordia University Texas (Austin)
    * University of Dallas (Irving)
    * East Texas Baptist University (Marshall)
    * Hardin-Simmons University (Abilene)
    * Howard Payne University (Brownwood)
    * LeTourneau University (Longview)
    * University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (Belton)
    * McMurry University (Abilene)
    * Schreiner University (Kerrville)
    * Southwestern University (Georgetown)
    * Sul Ross State University (Alpine)
    * Texas Lutheran University (Seguin)
    * Trinity University (San Antonio)
    * University of Texas at Dallas (Dallas)
    * University of Texas at Tyler (Tyler)

    I used to get letters from all of these schools bball coaches, but I didn't even really consider it because I would have had to pay. Like pay and have student loan to pay back just do continue just to play some basketbll - no thanks.

    yeah I think sam houstons football program is decent, not as good as Texas state though. Didn't that qb that got kicked out of OU (i think it is Bomar??) transferred to Sam, I think.
  8. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    I used to get letters from all of these schools bball coaches, but I didn't even really consider it because I would have had to pay. Like pay and have student loan to pay back just do continue just to play some basketbll - no thanks.

    yeah I think sam houstons football program is decent, not as good as Texas state though. Didn't that qb that got kicked out of OU (i think it is Bomar??) transferred to Sam, I think.
    yeah he's in the draft this year.
  9. Registered User
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    736

    Wonder if he will get picked?

    So are you going to be doing any sprinting stuff now, or you gonna wait for a little bit?
  10. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by jdg487 View Post
    Wonder if he will get picked?

    So are you going to be doing any sprinting stuff now, or you gonna wait for a little bit?
    he's projected as a 2nd-3rd rounder.


    yeah i'm doing sprints and long jumps and frog jumps and bleachers....
  11. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    I believe I will sleep well tonight.


    i'm at work right now and i really just want to go to sleep...
  12. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    off to the sleeping side of life.

    i'm tired. a good hot shower is going to just put me to sleep. I'm hoping this will help blast me back onto a regular schedule.
  13. Registered User
    jsheely's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Newport RI
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    194

    Good luck man. Sleep = Growth. It's probably the hardest part for me. It's kind of ironic, at least for me, that the easiest part about building muscle is the actual working out, and the hardest parts are nutrition and rest.
  14. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by jsheely View Post
    Good luck man. Sleep = Growth. It's probably the hardest part for me. It's kind of ironic, at least for me, that the easiest part about building muscle is the actual working out, and the hardest parts are nutrition and rest.

    nutrition i like to think i'm good with. i try very hard to apply what i know to my diet.

    rest is the hardest part for me but i'm trying really hard right now to fix that.
  15. Registered User
    BeBig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NUNYA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    1028

    Quote Originally Posted by jsheely View Post
    Good luck man. Sleep = Growth. It's probably the hardest part for me. It's kind of ironic, at least for me, that the easiest part about building muscle is the actual working out, and the hardest parts are nutrition and rest.
    Agreed^^^^Its hard to get nutrition and rest down, but I try pretty hard...
  16. Registered User
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    736

    Nothing like getting a hot shower just before bed.... aw the memories...
  17. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    alright

    I slept like a freakin baby last night.

    woke up this morning and got to the gym for a chest day.

    bench-185 for 2 sets of 6 reps. this is an improvement over last week when i felt like i was going to die diong 185 for just 5 reps.
    dropped down to 165 for 2 sets of 10
    incline bench-115 for 4 sets of 10
    machine flyes-100 for 4 sets of 8
    side raises-4 sets of 8 with 25's
    front raises 4 sets of 8 with 25's
    bent over side raises (trying to hit rear delt) 3 sets of 10 with 25's
    shrugs 225 for 4 sets of 10

    I was energized throughout my whole workout. not like stim energized i just had a good sweat going. had the best pump i've had since returning. sitting in speech class now downing roast and green beans and a "carb" shake, just milk with flax, 2 bananas, and a full cup of raw oats.
  18. Registered User
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    736

    Nice workout bro, glad to here you slept like a little baby last night, lets make it two nights in a row!
  19. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    i got my supp order in the mail
  20. Registered User
    BeBig's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NUNYA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    1028

    Workout looks good man keep it up....:dl:
  21. Registered User
    jdg487's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,316
    Rep Power
    736

    Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    i got my supp order in the mail
    Aw sh*t, time to unleash the beast!!
  22. Registered User
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    DC/MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1322

    Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    i got my supp order in the mail
  23. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    well i have a lot to report.

    I didn't get on last night cuz i had a date...the girl talked forever...then she asked me to go to the movies with her friday night and i said yes i'm too soft hearted...

    she's cute though

    to the supplements.
    I ordered:
    Nocturnabol
    Gaba
    Animal Flex (try to make sure i don't have any knee pain and it fully heals)
    Shock Therapy
    Storm

    Last night was my first night on nocturnabol and Gaba...some people on here had suggested i take it sublingualy so i did...first off I take vitamin b sublingualy and it's never fully desolved so i always end up swallowing whats left. I didn't think the gaba would either. I put a gram under my tounge and it was rather uncomfortable so i went about my business getting things ready for today and all of the sound my tngue started tingling and i moved it around and the gaba was gone! completely! it blew my mind. I'm sure i lookked like a monkey waggling my tongue in the mirror examining the spot under my tongue in awe.
    I then took my nocturnabol and i decided to take a dose of storm last night.

    I know better than that because creatine products always wake me up
    So needless to say the gaba and nocturnabol hit me and i took probably a 10 minute nap before the storm kicked in and woke me right back up so i ended up taking some melatonin and a store bought sleep aid and watched some sports center untill i was out again around 1 am.

    I woke up this morning feeling pretty damn rested. I set my shock therapy pre-mixed beside my alarm clock and took it first thing when the alarm went off.
    I'm very stim sensitive so after about 5 minutes i was bouncing off the walls and whistling...
    I grabbed my meals for the day and headed out to the gym.
    I easily had the best day i've had yet while i was there. I had a leg day and i started off with 225 for a set of 14 reps. after that i decided i needed to boost it up so i through on 50 pounds and did 3 sets of 275 for 6 reps a set, then a set of bench squats for 5 reps at 275.
    after that i dropped the weight back down to 225 and did 2 sets of 12 bench squats. I felt like i could have done more but my muscles disagreed so after my first rep on my third set when i could barely stand up i racked the weights, unloaded the bar and headed over to the dumb bells. I grabbed 35's and did 2 sets of lunges for 20 reps on each leg.
    after that i headed over to lying leg curls and started with 80 pounds...what i had been doing...after my first set i decided it was too light so i raised it up to 90 and did 3 more sets of 8.
    after that i showered, took my storm, and headed out.

    I had tunnel vision the whole damn time, and i still have it. I had to set my truck on cruise control to keep from racing down the dang free way (we have the strictest cops where i liv. they'l give you a ticket for going 66 in a 65)

    on a scale of 1-10 on my happiness right now i'd give it a 12. I feel like running around and talking to people. (i'm a loner, i hate people)

    volcom's sx would probably make me kiss random girls.


    ohhh the pump thing.
    My chest looks pumped right now. I didn't even do chest and it looks pumped.


    and I could see my top two abs and some seperation in my arms and legs in the mirror today....and i weighed in at 259...
  24. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Rep Power
    79687

    Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    It's like Christmas morning whenever my supp shipments come in, so I take your and raise you two
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Rep Power
    79687

    I sometimes wished my girlfriend would buy me products for my birthday or Christmas or something, but anything I take makes her think I'm taking steroids and she gets paranoid.

    I think at least once or twice a month, she asks, "the stuff your taking is legal right? "
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Registered User
    anabolicRyan1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    527
    Rep Power
    729

    hahah Awesome man.

    Great log so far. Keep kicking your ass!
  27. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    effects so far today:

    i've got major sh*ts. which is fine with me, it'll take my stomach some time getting used to the creatine and everything again.

    and i've got freakin awesome pumps. my legs were pulsing after i got done walking up the stares and i almost got a pump in my arms holding on the rails in the handicap stall
  28. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicRyan1 View Post
    hahah Awesome man.

    Great log so far. Keep kicking your ass!
    thanks man welcome aboard. (sorry if you boarded earlier i don't remember thanking you)
  29. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I sometimes wished my girlfriend would buy me products for my birthday or Christmas or something, but anything I take makes her think I'm taking steroids and she gets paranoid.

    I think at least once or twice a month, she asks, "the stuff your taking is legal right? "
    haha yeah...

    i still live at home and my mom just surprised the heck out of me.
    she offered to by my supplements this time around?!?!?
  30. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    in other news i still feel like as focused as a pitt bull on a chain staring down a cat that's walked into his territory but just out of his reach...
  31. Registered User
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    DC/MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1322

    Creatine keeps you up? Really?
  32. Registered User
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    DC/MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1322

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    It's like Christmas morning whenever my supp shipments come in, so I take your and raise you two
    I hear you on that. I placed 2 $300 orders, and a $150 order in like a 15 day span ending last week, so I have been celebrating Xmas quite a bit recently. Actually, too much. No more supplement shopping for me for a while!!
  33. Registered User
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    DC/MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1322

    Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    haha yeah...

    i still live at home and my mom just surprised the heck out of me.
    she offered to by my supplements this time around?!?!?
    You lucky bastard!! LOL!
  34. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Creatine keeps you up? Really?
    post workouts do.

    i remember when i first started supplements i started with bsn cell mass and n.o. explode.

    cell mass said to take a scoop at night and i did that for a week before i realized it was keeping me up

    i'm weird.

    on another note i'm thirsty as hell and i've already drinkin a gallon of water.

    also...there was a giant squatting in the gym today. dude had 500 lb's on the bar and was repping. a closer look and i saw he was squatting in flip flops...any ideas why??
  35. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    You lucky bastard!! LOL!
  36. Registered User
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    DC/MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1322

    Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    post workouts do.

    i remember when i first started supplements i started with bsn cell mass and n.o. explode.

    cell mass said to take a scoop at night and i did that for a week before i realized it was keeping me up
    Are you sure it wasn't the NO Xplode, which could have as much as 3,000mg of caffeine per serving (~50 Red Bulls)?
  37. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't the NO Xplode, which could have as much as 3,000mg of caffeine per serving (~50 Red Bulls)?
    positive.

    i thought i'd screwed up too but i kept my n.o. explode in my locker at school and my cell mass split into two buckets. one at school and one at home.


    oh well.
  38. Registered User
    shaddow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    DC/MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,386
    Rep Power
    1322

    Quote Originally Posted by natty texan View Post
    on another note i'm thirsty as hell and i've already drinkin a gallon of water.

    also...there was a giant squatting in the gym today. dude had 500 lb's on the bar and was repping. a closer look and i saw he was squatting in flip flops...any ideas why??
    Drink more water.

    It's recommended to do squats with flat soled shoes. Lots of guys (myself included) wear Chuck Taylor's on squat days.

    I know several guys who squat barefooted.
  39. Registered User
    natty texan's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,340
    Rep Power
    745

    Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Drink more water.

    It's recommended to do squats with flat soled shoes. Lots of guys (myself included) wear Chuck Taylor's on squat days.

    I know several guys who squat barefooted.
    yeah...i thought about doing that for awhile, but i talked to a foot doc. and he told me to buy the flat soccer shoes and slide my insoles in them and squat with those. (i've got really high arches so i have to support them)
  40. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Rep Power
    79687

    Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    I hear you on that. I placed 2 $300 orders, and a $150 order in like a 15 day span ending last week, so I have been celebrating Xmas quite a bit recently. Actually, too much. No more supplement shopping for me for a while!!
    Clearly, you're not participating in the recession!

    That actually made me feel better about some of the money I've been dropping. I've been make'n it rain at NP like a rap star at a strip club, only I'm a broke, normal dude.
    NSCA - CSCS
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Natty-T.
    By natty texan in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM
  2. Best Running Back In College Football
    By Tone in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 02:27 AM
  3. Natty PB
    By powerhouse21 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 12:03 PM
  4. Why Natty PB before Bed?
    By Grant in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 09:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in