I binged - 7 weeks out Arnold Classic

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
Alright guys, post title says it all..

I'm afraid I've effed up really really bad.. my diet has been on point for the past couple of weeks and over the last two days I've been on binge mode.

The scale has jumped 10lbs.. that's messed up as I am 7 weeks out from the Arnold Classic Africa and I don't really know if I've blown my chances..

Has anyone experience this before? And if so, do I have enough time to recover and get competition in time?

Your responses would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

rodherm

Awards
  • Established
I am no expert and no savyy but doesn't seem logical to me that what you could have done in 2 days you wouldn't be able to fix with 7 weeks ahead of you. A bit more effort and you will get there.

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
Mostly sugar to be honest.. but yeah I know most of it is water weight just the bloat is unreal..

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
With 7 weeks left of dieting, I think you'll be able to overcome a small screw up in your diet. I would also figure out what caused you to binge and make sure that you aren't put in that situation again before the show.

Depending on how long your prep has been, a binge/refeed might actually be beneficial. Get back on track with your macros and keep going. Have you competed before?

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
With 7 weeks left of dieting, I think you'll be able to overcome a small screw up in your diet. I would also figure out what caused you to binge and make sure that you aren't put in that situation again before the show.

Depending on how long your prep has been, a binge/refeed might actually be beneficial. Get back on track with your macros and keep going. Have you competed before?
Thanks for the advice bro.. and no, this will be my first competition. Like I said, I'm in pretty good shape.. just the only thing messing with my head right now is how this binge has managed to make my abs look near invisible! Scary..