Creatine banned in France

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
What are the French doing about the foods, such as fish, and beef that naturally contain creatine in it? Or the creatine that is naturally in the human muscle? That just sounds stupid really.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I am not surprised. Didn't they ban fighting during world war II?

CROWLER

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
Is creatine always banned in France or just after 2001? :think:

"A 2001 report by the Food Safety Agency of France (AFSSA) raised questions about creatine supplements possibly putting users at greater risk for cancer, particularly if such supplements are taken for long periods of time. However, the European Commission and the Council for Responsible Nutrition in the United States both determined that AFSSA's claims are unsubstantiated and not based on any scientific evidence of a connection between creatine and cancer. All three organizations do agree, though, that risks of long-term use of creatine are not known at this time."
Creatine

Distorted Report by French "Scientists" Claims Creatine Causes Cancer
Distorted Report by French "Scientists" Claim Creatine Causes Cancer.

THE PHONY FRENCH CREATINE SCARE
IFBB.com - Reports and News

tgass

tgass

Awards
I don't think that's true man, i just came back from paris, and i saw at least 3 huge supplements stores selling creatine...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
they banned Red Bull too. Look above at my first post.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
possibly. I found it to be some good read either way.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It has begun..the Codex will likely soon follow. Prepare for assimilation.

skyOne

skyOne

Awards
It has begun..the Codex will likely soon follow. Prepare for assimilation.
Sad but true, the french, norwegians, germans can't sell vitamin C over 200mgs per dose. I would like to hear someone from the above mentioned countries to tell us the details. Big pharma pushes itself very agressively. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

arnaudkt

arnaudkt

Awards
Creatine freely sold in France (no more ban)

Hi guys

This info you got about creatine ban in France is history.:rofl:
These days, it's very easy to buy some in sports shops.
But you're right about Red Bull, it's still banned...though I think it won't go on like this forever...

I can't find any logic behind this, but that's the situation right now...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sad but true, the french, norwegians, germans can't sell vitamin C over 200mgs per dose. I would like to hear someone from the above mentioned countries to tell us the details. Big pharma pushes itself very agressively. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frA8Dwvf5Dc
that makes sense, its pointless to take a dose higher than 200mgs unless its a time release formula anyhow. vit c's half life is under 2 hrs

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys

This info you got about creatine ban in France is history.:rofl:
These days, it's very easy to buy some in sports shops.
But you're right about Red Bull, it's still banned...though I think it won't go on like this forever...

I can't find any logic behind this, but that's the situation right now...
i lived in France for six months and i'd heard rumours that red bull was banned but they sold other energy drinks in stead. it was called Shark or something? what is it in red bull they dont like? cant be the caffiene surely.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sad but true, the french, norwegians, germans can't sell vitamin C over 200mgs per dose. I would like to hear someone from the above mentioned countries to tell us the details. Big pharma pushes itself very agressively. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frA8Dwvf5Dc
Here in Germany, Vitamin C is available as effervescent tablets and as capsules in 1 000mg sizes. The problem, though, is not necessarily Vitamin C as such, but the combination of ingredients in a given formula. It is fairly regular to see a formula classified as a drug due to the specific concentrations of the used ingredients, even if the separate ingredients are classified as food supplements. It would, for instance be next to impossible to convince the German Customs that Green Tea Extract (standardized for 98% Polyphenols, 60% Epigallocathechingallate (EGCG)) 500mg is a food supplement. For them, and for the health authorities, it is a drug, even though Green Tea leaves are food supplements, regardless of quantity! Tongkat Ali in capsule form would not be allowed into Germany. Yet, importation in powdered form is not restricted. In this form, it is referred to as a forest product. The list can be continued. Weird, right? The life of an athlete is fairly complex here, guys!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In Germany, the problem is not creatine, but the form. Creatine Monohydrate is freely available. The more advance forms such as Di/Tri-Creatine-Malate, Di/Tri-Creatine-Orotate, Tri-Creatine-HM-ß, Creatine-Pyruvate, Creatine-Ethyl-Ester(-Malate), Creatine-Ethyl-Ester-HCl, Creatine-Alpha-Ketoglutarate, and so on, however, are declared as drugs! I know some of you cannot fathom this. I cannot find a justification for it either. Yet, it is a reality we live with on a daily basis here.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Somebody ask Pocketboy:afro: , He's french isn't he?

skyOne

skyOne

Awards
that makes sense, its pointless to take a dose higher than 200mgs unless its a time release formula anyhow. vit c's half life is under 2 hrs
First of all you're right about taking more than 200mgs of non time released vit C is a waste. But how about banning foods that contain more than 500 kcals per serving just because excess calories would be stored as fat?

skyOne

skyOne

Awards
Here in Germany, Vitamin C is available as effervescent tablets and as capsules in 1 000mg sizes. The problem, though, is not necessarily Vitamin C as such, but the combination of ingredients in a given formula. It is fairly regular to see a formula classified as a drug due to the specific concentrations of the used ingredients, even if the separate ingredients are classified as food supplements. It would, for instance be next to impossible to convince the German Customs that Green Tea Extract (standardized for 98% Polyphenols, 60% Epigallocathechingallate (EGCG)) 500mg is a food supplement. For them, and for the health authorities, it is a drug, even though Green Tea leaves are food supplements, regardless of quantity! Tongkat Ali in capsule form would not be allowed into Germany. Yet, importation in powdered form is not restricted. In this form, it is referred to as a forest product. The list can be continued. Weird, right? The life of an athlete is fairly complex here, guys!
Are those Vitamin C formulas you're talking about manufactured by pharma companies and expensive as hell compared to lets say nutraplanet's prices? Btw how long have you been living in such circumstances?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are those Vitamin C formulas you're talking about manufactured by pharma companies and expensive as hell compared to lets say nutraplanet's prices? Btw how long have you been living in such circumstances?
Big Pharma prefers ingredients they can patent and demand exorbitant prices for. Vitamin C, basically ascorbic acid, is not their focus, although they still offer such products. No-name brands, however, offer relatively cheaper Vitamin C products, especially as effervescent forms. Still, NutraPlanet's prices are unbeatable.
I have always known the situation in Germany like this!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
but, do they like you?
Interesting question. Still, the expression "I like French women" is, in my opinion, more complex to interpret than may be superficially assumed at first sight. Reason is that the current French society is so heterogeneous and inter-cultural that there may not be a typical "French woman", rather French-speaking women with different cultural outlooks. The difference is subtle, yet exists. This might assist some hopefuls to manage their expectations.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought Germany allowed everything, including AAS.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
In Germany, the problem is not creatine, but the form. Creatine Monohydrate is freely available. The more advance forms such as Di/Tri-Creatine-Malate, Di/Tri-Creatine-Orotate, Tri-Creatine-HM-ß, Creatine-Pyruvate, Creatine-Ethyl-Ester(-Malate), Creatine-Ethyl-Ester-HCl, Creatine-Alpha-Ketoglutarate, and so on, however, are declared as drugs! I know some of you cannot fathom this. I cannot find a justification for it either. Yet, it is a reality we live with on a daily basis here.
Don't worry. We'll be right behind you. We are infested with career politicians who are entirely impotent however manage to keep themselves in power by playing on the ignorance of the average soccer mom and drunk dad by scaring them to high hell their little son who wants to be a professional athlete will be killed by performance enhancing drugs, discriminated against, etc, etc, etc and then claim that their presence in office will make the kids "safe". That or they make a living by finding a social fringe-group and exploiting them in either a positive or negative fashion (for the group).

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't worry. We'll be right behind you. We are infested with career politicians who are entirely impotent however manage to keep themselves in power by playing on the ignorance of the average soccer mom and drunk dad by scaring them to high hell their little son who wants to be a professional athlete will be killed by performance enhancing drugs, discriminated against, etc, etc, etc and then claim that their presence in office will make the kids "safe". That or they make a living by finding a social fringe-group and exploiting them in either a positive or negative fashion (for the group).
Throw in the enormous influence of the extremely powerful Big-Pharma lobby into the picture, and the outcome gets fairly predictable.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Lobby's aren't the problem, IMHO. They just do what everyone does, ask for better treatment than the next guy. Our politicians shouldn't be working on behalf of lobbies. That's the problem. I reallllllly hate politicians these days.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I'm surprised this thread got dug up from awhile back.

preston25

Awards
Well im a pro athlete in a sport thats getting destroyed right now. Im planning on racing in europe next year. How the hell am i going to get my safe over the counter supplements that i rely on every day. Green tea extract, Creatine, natural test boosters ect? I was racing out of Sweden last year and had no problems.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
Well im a pro athlete in a sport thats getting destroyed right now. Im planning on racing in europe next year. How the hell am i going to get my safe over the counter supplements that i rely on every day. Green tea extract, Creatine, natural test boosters ect? I was racing out of Sweden last year and had no problems.

Maybe cycling will go the way of bodybuidling: Separate races for cyclists, and "clean" cyclists. :)

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Maybe cycling will go the way of bodybuidling: Separate races for cyclists, and "clean" cyclists. :)
I think all sports should be like pro bodybuilding. Everyone already assumes that pros juice so they don't worry about it and besides they want to see freaks anyway. The playing field should be even and all athletes should be allowed to juice. Maybe then I would watch sports.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
If any of you think that any laws etc are anything but about Money, Power or Greed you are disillusioned.

All that most goverments do these days is to keep the masses docile and paying into their pockets anyway they can get you too.

Wanna revolution?

Much Love, as talk is cheap,

Neoborn

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How might one define a "clean cyclist" in a competitive event like the Tour de France that is so physically and mentally demanding in the extreme sense over a time span of more than two weeks without break?

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
excellent natural athletes are just genetic freaks. I have no idea why we treat them like heroes. They just happen to be lucky in the genetic lucky draw of life.

I can train as hard as Michael Jordan, but I'll never be half the player that he is.

All that stuff about oustanding athletes having lots of determination, drive, perseverance, yadayadayada...

I probably have more of that than anyone else in the world. It's just that I got some really crappy genes. Otherwise I would be dominating every single sport out there!!!! :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine is not banned in France ! Is strange how this internet rumour doesn`t die.

I also wonder about other forms of creatine than monohydrate being banned in Germany: http://www.supermass.com/Static/Catalogs/creatin-ethyl-ester_1445.html

It seems to me that you americans are ready to believe almost anything stupid about us europeans (and vice versa)...
You need a special import license from the Ministry of Health to import those so-called "hard-core" supplements into Germany. Or, believe it or not, you could get your medical doctor (yes, doctor) to prescribe those creatine supplements for you. In this case, a pharmacy would have to import them on behalf of your doctor for you, before it finally reaches you. Yes, like a prescription drug.
The website link you quoted offers only a limited set of supplements. I happen to have e-mail contact with the owner.

rogermoore

Awards
You need a special import license from the Ministry of Health to import those so-called "hard-core" supplements into Germany. Or, believe it or not, you could get your medical doctor (yes, doctor) to prescribe those creatine supplements for you. In this case, a pharmacy would have to import them on behalf of your doctor for you, before it finally reaches you. Yes, like a prescription drug.
The website link you quoted offers only a limited set of supplements. I happen to have e-mail contact with the owner.
Ok, but there seem to be a lot of webshops in Germany that sell "advanced" creatines too.

Also those creatines seem to be manufactured (or at least packaged) in Germany: https://www.peak.ag/catalog/default.php?cPath=39&osCsid=08650f1f23fecd1daf9fe9e9df04f08e

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, but there seem to be a lot of webshops in Germany that sell "advanced" creatines too.

Also those creatines seem to be manufactured (or at least packaged) in Germany: https://www.peak.ag/catalog/default.php?cPath=39&osCsid=08650f1f23fecd1daf9fe9e9df04f08e
It is interesting that you have now provided a link to Peak Performance Products. If you bother to look at their best-selling all-in-one creatine formula, Createston Professionell, you will see a notice on that page that reads as follows:

"– Hardcore-Supplement –
In Deutschland umstritten, Erwerb bitte mit Behörden klären!"

Translation: "-Hardcore Supplement-
Not approved in Germany. Please obtain clearance from the authorities!"

And that, even though the the product is creatine-monohydrate based! With ergogenics, of course. Yet, creatine monohydrate. Peak would never ship you that product in Germany.
The same applies to their most powerful whey protein isolate product with ergogenics.
I have been a Peak customer for a while now!