Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 8

Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here!

Page 8 of 20 First ... 367891013 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Answers

Thanks.

2. New Member
    Answers

CAN I only take like 3 caps each time and it will still do something for me? or does it have to reach a critical mass dosage?

3. New Member
    Answers

of CLA that is

•   

4. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    Answers

For those of you that have used ECA or NYC or even just Yohimbine HCL by itself, how does this ALC/ALA stack compare ?

The reason I ask is because I have seen crazy results within even the first week on just Yohimbine HCL, so that is kind of my benchmark now results-wise. If I was going to drop $$ on these higher dosages you guys are talking about I'm curious about how it compares.

FYI: I have taken ALA and ALC (stopped taking CLA) since about 6 monhts ago, but never in the high dosages mentioned for this stack.
    CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: pt [at] controlledlabs.com

5. New Member
    Answers

Originally posted by pu12en12g
    For those of you that have used ECA or NYC or even just Yohimbine HCL by itself, how does this ALC/ALA stack compare ?

The reason I ask is because I have seen crazy results within even the first week on just Yohimbine HCL, so that is kind of my benchmark now results-wise. If I was going to drop $$ on these higher dosages you guys are talking about I'm curious about how it compares.

FYI: I have taken ALA and ALC (stopped taking CLA) since about 6 monhts ago, but never in the high dosages mentioned for this stack.
    Im taking Y-HCL with it. Ill let you know how my fat loss goes.

6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Answers

was wondering if anyone considered adding trimethylglycine(Betaine) to the stack?

a few things i read about it stated:

Body building: In the animal husbandry field, TMG is used to decrease fat and increase meat yield. While human studies have just started, a 200 pound individual with 20% body fat can expect to lose as much as 5 pounds of fat and gain as much as 12 pounds of muscle. Dose range: 500-2,000 mg daily

it also raises S-Adenosyl-Methionine(SAM) levels so it acts as an anti-depressant

I know its in v-12 an other supplements and its really cheap at BAC 150grams for like 7 bucks

7. Senior Member
    Answers

Originally posted by Sanosuke
    was wondering if anyone considered adding trimethylglycine(Betaine) to the stack?

a few things i read about it stated:

Body building: In the animal husbandry field, TMG is used to decrease fat and increase meat yield. While human studies have just started, a 200 pound individual with 20% body fat can expect to lose as much as 5 pounds of fat and gain as much as 12 pounds of muscle. Dose range: 500-2,000 mg daily

it also raises S-Adenosyl-Methionine(SAM) levels so it acts as an anti-depressant

I know its in v-12 an other supplements and its really cheap at BAC 150grams for like 7 bucks

Im going to check it out. Found this real quick though....

Betaine supplementation decreases plasma homocysteine concentrations but does not affect body weight, body composition, or resting energy expenditure in human subjects.

Schwab U, Torronen A, Toppinen L, Alfthan G, Saarinen M, Aro A, Uusitupa M.

Department of Clinical Nutrition, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland. ursula.schwab@uku.fi

BACKGROUND: Betaine (trimethylglycine) is found in several tissues in humans. It is involved in homocysteine metabolism as an alternative methyl donor and is used in the treatment of homocystinuria in humans. In pigs, betaine decreases the amount of adipose tissue. OBJECTIVE: The aim of the study was to examine the effect of betaine supplementation on body weight, body composition, plasma homocysteine concentrations, blood pressure, and serum total and lipoprotein lipids. DESIGN: Forty-two obese, white subjects (14 men, 28 women) treated with a hypoenergetic diet were randomly assigned to a betaine-supplemented group (6 g/d) or a control group given placebo for 12 wk. The intervention period was preceded by a 4-wk run-in period with a euenergetic diet. RESULTS: Body weight, resting energy expenditure, and fat mass decreased significantly in both groups with no significant difference between the groups. Plasma homocysteine concentrations decreased in the betaine group ( +/- SD: 8.76 +/- 1.63 micro mol/L at 4 wk, 7.93 +/- 1.52 micro mol/L at 16 wk; P = 0.030 for the interaction of time and treatment). Diastolic blood pressure decreased without a significant difference between the groups. Serum total and LDL-cholesterol concentrations were higher in the betaine group than in the control group (P < 0.05). CONCLUSION: A hypoenergetic diet with betaine supplementation (6 g daily for 12 wk) decreased the plasma homocysteine concentration but did not affect body composition more than a hypoenergetic diet without betaine supplementation did.

Publication Types:
    Clinical Trial
    Randomized Controlled Trial

PMID: 12399266 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Answers

Hey I just got my own ALC and ALA, I'm not taking the CLA for cost reasons. My girl friend also is using about 1-1.5 g ALC and 900mg ALA (with about 1.5mg Biotin) a day and she says this makes her quite lethargic.

I don't have that problem, and I told her to take an ECA stack with it, which she does. But I'd like to know if this is expected?

Also, what kind of difference can I look at from taking green tea extract with this? What is the function of green tea in this stack?

Thanks, as always.

PS : I'mma post some BEFORE pics in a couple days, and (hopefully) also AFTER pics, in about 30 days of running the stack. Cheers!

9. Senior Member
    Answers

Originally posted by LunaHotel
    Hey I just got my own ALC and ALA, I'm not taking the CLA for cost reasons. My girl friend also is using about 1-1.5 g ALC and 900mg ALA (with about 1.5mg Biotin) a day and she says this makes her quite lethargic.

I don't have that problem, and I told her to take an ECA stack with it, which she does. But I'd like to know if this is expected?

Also, what kind of difference can I look at from taking green tea extract with this? What is the function of green tea in this stack?

Thanks, as always.

PS : I'mma post some BEFORE pics in a couple days, and (hopefully) also AFTER pics, in about 30 days of running the stack. Cheers!
    There is nothing that should cause lethargy, infact just the opposite. The green tea will enhance the fat loss.

10. Senior Member
    Answers

Decaf green tea could cause lethargy from the theanine content.

Further, if carbs are real low or ALA dose real high, it could cause symptoms of hypoglycemia which include lethargy. Seems more prevalent with the racemic then the r..at least for me.

11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Answers

kinda interesting article i found about ALCAR/ALA combo

http://www.natural-hrt.com/artman/pu...icle_115.shtml

&nbsp;

12. Advanced Member
    Answers

I just read through 10 pages of this from start to finish, good thing i have a boring job lol.

13. Advanced Member
    Answers

If that stuff sanousouke is talking about actually worked it would probably be illegal.

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by maggmaster
    If that stuff sanousouke is talking about actually worked it would probably be illegal.
    &nbsp;

you talking about the Betaine?

15. New Member
    Answers

holy crap!!11!!1 i just took 1g of alcar and 1/4 tsp of the green tea extract from BAC, they both taste so horrible!! i don't know if i can take multiple doses of this stuff

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by pinoy
    holy crap!!11!!1 i just took 1g of alcar and 1/4 tsp of the green tea extract from BAC, they both taste so horrible!! i don't know if i can take multiple doses of this stuff
    &nbsp;

just get a cap-em-quick and make capsules instead.. much better imho

17. New Member
    Answers

whats cap em quick?

18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Answers

1fast sells um a lot of other places.. its just a little device that lets you cap about 50 pills at a time rather easily.. get the 00 size i think those are about 750mg a capsule

19. New Member
    Answers

Originally posted by windwords7

LMAO- http://www.animalkits.be/phpBB/view...forum=1&224

Another Admin here swears by it in combonation with ALA and CLA which is now called the "anarchy stack". Yeah the stack works and works well. 28 pounds in 2 months with little to no muscle loss is outsanding!

can you copy and paste this to this thread? i cant view it even after registering

20. New Member
    Answers

does anyone else use BAC's ALCAR powder? do you guys store it in the fridge?

21. Senior Member
    Answers

Originally posted by Rome
    Originally posted by windwords7

LMAO- http://www.animalkits.be/phpBB/view...forum=1&amp;224

Another Admin here swears by it in combonation with ALA and CLA which is now called the &quot;anarchy stack&quot;. Yeah the stack works and works well. 28 pounds in 2 months with little to no muscle loss is outsanding!

can you copy and paste this to this thread? i cant view it even after registering
    \

All Animals threads are closed in this area so they can not be pasted. What is it that your wanting to know?

22. New Member
    Answers

sum quick noob questions, sry if this has been has asked before, but does it matter if the cla is tonalin or not? and also is this ok
    Cla 12g

ala 3g

alcar 1.5-2g

-green tea 3grams

-and 1 pill of biotin

Is this ok, and what times should i take these....?

thx

23. Senior Member
    Answers

Originally posted by lostlbs
    sum quick noob questions, sry if this has been has asked before, but does it matter if the cla is tonalin or not? and also is this ok
    Cla 12g

ala 3g

alcar 1.5-2g

-green tea 3grams

-and 1 pill of biotin

Is this ok, and what times should i take these....?

thx
    Take them with each meal just divide meals into your total dosages and then do that much each meal. Have fun bro!

24. Advanced Member
    Answers

Jesus this thread just wouldn't die, so I had to order 150g of alcar today

25. Senior Member
    Answers

Originally posted by Kitchen Chemist
    Jesus this thread just wouldn't die, so I had to order 150g of alcar today
    It's only going to get bigger bro! Its becoming more cost effective and more known!

26. New Member
    Answers

You know how I said I got a brain tingle on the thread at bb.com. I wonder if its the vinpocetine. Im taking like 30-50mg a day of it. Its a really addicting feeling.

27. Senior Member
    Answers

Originally posted by dito
    You know how I said I got a brain tingle on the thread at bb.com. I wonder if its the vinpocetine. Im taking like 30-50mg a day of it. Its a really addicting feeling.
    Ive read that before with V.

28. New Member
    Answers

You wouldnt happen to have those articles handy would you? If not Ill find them. Its not consistant though. Oh how I wish it was.

29. New Member
    Answers

**** dude i jusot wanted to see what he had to say. christ

30. Senior Member
    Answers

Whoa partner, back up. I asked what you wanted to know. Whats the problem?? Im sorry that you cant read it but I was trying to help. Geeze! Relax man.

31. Advanced Member
    Answers

WW7 was just trying to help you bro

32. Advanced Member
    Answers

Damn ww7 beat me too it lol.

He's got the banning stick, if he can hit once he can hit twice

33. New Member
    Answers

Looking forward to trying this stack....also this reminded me of an article I read a few years ago where Dr. Michael Colgan was trying to create something very similar...found the article at vitamin connection and found the supp. he sells at the Colgan Institute....anyway ingredients are:
    ALCAR 500mg Ala 100mg Biotin 1800mcg Chromium 200mcg

CoQ10 20mg Docosahexaenoic Acid 120mg HCA 1000mg

Eicosapentaenoic Acid180mg

Keep in mind this is an old article but thought maybe for those of you who understand the science of how the anarchy stack works that some of these compounds could be added or substituted to possibly make the stack even more effective.

34. New Member
    Answers

k thx for the help, also how long did it take u guys 2 see results 1-2months?

35. Obese Member
    Answers

Originally posted by lostlbs
    k thx for the help, also how long did it take u guys 2 see results 1-2months?
    Personally, about 3-4 weeks.

36. Obese Member
    Answers

How much caffeine is in typical green tea extract (a typical 400 mg pill). Just looking for an average.

37. New Member
    Answers

is there such thing as a decaff green tea supplement?

38. New Member
    Answers

Green tea extract is usually about 7% caffeine, so there are about 28mg per pill. You can get decaf green tea extract - Life Extension Super Green Tea Extract is one such product.

-RM

39. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.
    Answers

BAC has a green tea extract with only 1% caffeine

40. New Member
    Answers

k i cant wait to start, im saving up and im prolly gonna start early august, Ive noticed the NOW products are pretty cheap, but are they good quality? what would u guys suggest?

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Wtf Is The Anarchy Stack!? I've Been Out Of The Loop:(
    By Blindfaith in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 05:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 09:28 AM
  3. to those on the anarchy stack ...
    By raybravo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 10:41 PM