Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here!

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I initially bought 100g to try and loved it; just started my 500g tub yesterday :)
What's great about this stuff is I notice no tolerance build up. A day or so after I stop taking it I feel it and think to myself.. I need to take my ALCAR!
Did anyone mention it raises testosterone!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
It raised testosterone levels, but it has also been shown to increase androgen receptor density, http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/109985-volcoms-optimus-prime-28.html#post1736885
Nice! ALCAR is a must in a natural test boosting stack! I posted in another thread of the combination of ALCAR,Androstenetrione,ZMA for someone looking for a little boost with little side effects. Maybe even throw in some longjack in there. All proven test boosters.

J Diggs

Awards
After reading through the 26 pages and 6 years worth of details, I decided to give ALCAR a try. I've used just about every supplement out there and have had mediocre results to say the least.

I'll be doing a conservative modified form of the anarchy stack:

ALCAR = 3,000mg/day
R-LA = 600mg/day
CLA = 6,400mg/day
Green Tea Extract = 600mg EGCG/day
Biotin = 4.5mg/day

I'm keeping a log offline but will post results in a new thread if I feel it warrants attention. Cheers!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
After reading through the 26 pages and 6 years worth of details, I decided to give ALCAR a try. I've used just about every supplement out there and have had mediocre results to say the least.

ALCAR = 3,000mg/day
R-LA = 600mg/day
CLA = 6,400mg/day
Biotin = 4.5mg/day

I'm keeping a log offline but will post results in a new thread if I feel it warrants attention. Cheers!
looks good. keep us updated. how long you running this for?

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
I just have been running alcar solo and love the mental cognitive boosting effects so far.

J Diggs

Awards
looks good. keep us updated. how long you running this for?
Thanks Hank. I plan to run this combo for 90 days, and then I'll evaluate my progress and at that point decide if and how much longer I'll continue. It's apparent that this combination will be a more slow and lean grow route with the right diet, and I think if I stopped anytime before 90 days I wouldn't do it justice.

I really haven't read much literature on duration, mostly on dosing so I'll have to experiment on my own to see how my body reacts. I'm not expecting miracles but I am expecting some results. Cheers!

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I've always loved this. It factually helps my reaction time and gets me pretty cut on a low-fat diet.

small_guy

Awards
  • Established

ALCAR = 3,000mg/day
R-LA = 600mg/day
CLA = 6,400mg/day
Biotin = 4.5mg/day

Are you taking this with or without food? All in one dose or split up?

J Diggs

Awards
Are you taking this with or without food? All in one dose or split up?
7:00am (~30-45min before eating)
ALCAR 1,000mg
R-LA 200mg
Green Tea 200mg
CLA 3,200mg

11:30am
ALCAR 1,000mg
R-LA 200mg
Green Tea 200mg

4:30pm
ALCAR 1,000mg
R-LA 200mg
Green Tea 200mg

6:30pm
CLA 3,200mg

Cheers!

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the breakdown- looks good.

I have been on twice a day dosing of alcar- playin with the dosage and get anywhere from 1-2 grams per dose, or then 2-4 grams per day, with ala/biotin and I usually take green tea as well but just in the morning with my coffee.

My dosage in the morning is always without food but than after work not so much as I am usually hungry.

Most interested in helping my receptors respond to test.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
What's the different between alcar and beta-alanine and can the two be stacked ?
they are completely different. there is a ton of great info/studies on both if you run a search.
and yes, you can run them both together.

Delita420

Delita420

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR will increase androgen receptor density? What does this mean? More overall receptors?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it means an increase in the number of androgen receptors.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
This was a heck of a long read through. Good stuff.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any studies or links to this?
The study uses L-Carnitine-L-Tartarate, but it is the one referenced. See
1: Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Jul;38(7):1288-96. Links
Erratum in:
Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Oct;38(10):1861.
Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine.
Kraemer WJ, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM.
Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA. [email protected]

PURPOSE: The purpose of this investigation was to determine the effects of 3 wk of L-carnitine L-tartrate (LCLT) supplementation and post-resistance-exercise (RE) feeding on hormonal and androgen receptor (AR) responses. METHODS: Ten resistance-trained men (mean+/-SD: age, 22+/-1 yr; mass, 86.3+/-15.3 kg; height, 181+/-11 cm) supplemented with LCLT (equivalent to 2 g of L-carnitine per day) or placebo (PL) for 21 d, provided muscle biopsies for AR determinations, then performed two RE protocols: one followed by water intake, and one followed by feeding (8 kcal.kg body mass, consisting of 56% carbohydrate, 16% protein, and 28% fat). RE protocols were randomized and included serial blood draws and a 1-h post-RE biopsy. After a 7-d washout period, subjects crossed over, and all experimental procedures were repeated. RESULTS: LCLT supplementation upregulated (P<0.05) preexercise AR content compared with PL (12.9+/-5.9 vs 11.2+/-4.0 au, respectively). RE increased (P<0.05) AR content compared with pre-RE values in the PL trial only. Post-RE feeding significantly increased AR content compared with baseline and water trials for both LCLT and PL. Serum total testosterone concentrations were suppressed (P<0.05) during feeding trials with respect to corresponding water and pre-RE values. Luteinizing hormone demonstrated subtle, yet significant changes in response to feeding and LCLT. CONCLUSION: In summary, these data demonstrated that: 1) feeding after RE increased AR content, which may result in increased testosterone uptake, and thus enhanced luteinizing hormone secretion via feedback mechanisms; and 2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE.

PMID: 16826026 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

MetalMX

MetalMX

Awards
  • Established
How good is ALCAR... it is probably one of the premiere anti-aging supplements ever.

Next to Resveratrol.

Im noticing fantastic moods.

Im using it particularly for its nerve regeneration properties as it is has been shown in studies to increase the levels of (NGF) Nerve Growth Factor.

ss4vegeta1

Awards
Damn 26pgs, which I intend to read soon. For now can someone who's read all the pages please give me the cliffs? Prior to this thread I am aware about CLT carnitine l-tartrate and green tea. Thanks.

zyclon

Awards
Hi! What other fat source can i use when im on this stack? Nuts, olives?¿?¿?.... I will separate CLA dosage in 3 doses (10am,2pm,6pm - Train at 10:30am and 7pm). I must separate CLA from nuts, olives, flax seed oil caps, right?

Thanks!!

gnetics18

Awards
Would this stack be good for a ReComp? I am currently reading thru the pages and is a great read.

Motorgrunt

Awards
New member, 5'9" 230lbs, goal weight 200 lbs.

this is a Good thread.

Starting Anarchy as soon as supplements come in.

got this stuff at "purebulk" online- lots of pure ingredients in bulk quantities...

Anarchy stuff-
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) 250g (RSALA00250)
Conjugated Linoleic Acid Oil 80% 500ml (CONLA00500)
Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) 250g (ALCAR00250)
Green Tea Powder Extract 98% (40% EGCG) 500g (GRTEA00500)

Pre-workout-
L-Arginine-HCL L-Ornithine-HCL 500g (AOHCL00500) - for NO2 pumps- similar ingredients in NOXPLOD

I will keep updated o progress/weight loss.

froggy543

froggy543

Awards
New member, 5'9" 230lbs, goal weight 200 lbs.

this is a Good thread.

Starting Anarchy as soon as supplements come in.

got this stuff at "purebulk" online- lots of pure ingredients in bulk quantities...

Anarchy stuff-
Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) 250g (RSALA00250)
Conjugated Linoleic Acid Oil 80% 500ml (CONLA00500)
Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) 250g (ALCAR00250)
Green Tea Powder Extract 98% (40% EGCG) 500g (GRTEA00500)

Pre-workout-
L-Arginine-HCL L-Ornithine-HCL 500g (AOHCL00500) - for NO2 pumps- similar ingredients in NOXPLOD

I will keep updated o progress/weight loss.
why did you by it all from "purebulk" ?
nutraplanet has all that and cheaper......

Motorgrunt

Awards
i'll check it out on my next order. thnx.

progress so far... 1st week, lost 5 lbs, didn't really change eating habits much, ate less carbs, 45min of circuit training 2 days on, one off, 5days week, with cardio on off days.

Motorgrunt

Awards
anarchy so far

i'll check it out on my next order. thnx.

progress so far... 1st week, lost 5 lbs, didn't really change eating habits much, ate less carbs, 45min of circuit training 2 days on, one off, 5days week, with cardio on off days.

Rad777

Awards
Would R-ALA really be the best antioxidant for ALCAR? Anything else similiar that is a bit cheaper or tastes better than ALA in bulk powder form? TY

acwingfoot

Awards
for those of you you take the R-ALA (or Na-RALA) with your ALCAR.. do you have to take it at the same time??? .. because I take ALCAR, but I take Na-RALA with only two of those doses and I May not always take the two supps at the same exact time .. maybe 30 min or an hour apart sometimes .. depending on the timing of a meal, WO, etc.

Rad777

Awards
I always take mine after my workout with my quick carbs and bcaa

STM

Awards
Awesome thread, ALCAR seems like great stuff.

I'm interested in different types of antioxidants to run with ALCAR, mainly because I'm deployed til July, and won't be able to get hold of any ALA before my ALCAR arrives.

I've got a bunch of green tea (bags for brewing) and a bunch of Toco-8 (tocotrienol/tocopherol powder).

Will that cover any free radical damage from the ALCAR, or should I wait on getting ALA?

What are the consequences of running ALCAR with no antioxidant support? Will it negate the testosterone upregulating effect?

Okay, one more question someone may have an answer for - How does ALCAR improve sperm count with all the free radical damage it can cause?

Thanks for any info! Love this thread!

Motorgrunt

Awards
i'm on my second bottle of this. i am taking this and "anarchy stack"-ALCAR,ALA,CLA,GREEN TEA XTRACT. i have lost 20 lbs since i started. i haven't even been lifting, just bicycling a few times a week and hitting a heavy bag twice a week for 6 five minute rounds with 1 minute rest. also playing softball once a week. my appetite has gone down but i don't seem to have lost any muscle mass.

pain: i have had bursitis in throwing arm and terrible shin splints from being overweight/shattering my leg in a crash and being flat-footed. super cissus has really cut down on the leg pains and eliminated shoulder pain from throwing a baseball. i reccommend pitchers try this for arm and shoulder pain.

starting dosage: 3 pills with each meal. now 2pills/meal. i have missed a few doses every week as well.

i will post again after this bottle.

Motorgrunt

Awards
my results from anarchy stack so far- i have lost 20 lbs since i started. i haven't even been lifting lately, just bicycling a few times a week and hitting a heavy bag twice a week for 6 five minute rounds with 1 minute rest. also playing softball once a week. my appetite has gone down but i don't seem to have lost any muscle mass.
i have been taking super cissus as well for pain

i have had bursitis in throwing arm and terrible shin splints from being overweight/shattering my leg in a crash and being flat-footed. super cissus has really cut down on the leg pains and eliminated shoulder pain from throwing a baseball. i reccommend pitchers try this for arm and shoulder pain.

starting dosage: 3 pills with each meal. now 2pills/meal. i have missed a few doses every week as well.

i will post again after this bottle.

broons

Awards
  • Established
I didnt really read through every page of this thread, but as far as free radical damage, I believe that would only be an issue at high doses of ALCAR >2 grams daily.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take gplc as well as alca from sigma tau. My question Is should I add alc too? Also cartanine tartrate?

edsmithers

Awards
Don't mean to revive this old thread, but just can't seem to get a definitive direction on taking alcar with ala. Right now I'm taking 1g alcar precardio fasted in the morning upon waking along with xtend (bcaa). Get home and take 200mg ala before prot/carb shake. How does that seem? Should I be taking the alcar on it's own like that? Or is it better to take it with the ala because the ala negates the oxidation effect of the alcar. Any help truly appreciated.