Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here!

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
My doc just prescribed me Levocartnitine. He says I am deficient in it and it will give me killer strengh in the gym. He wasnt lying the Rx stuff really gave me what I was lacking.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
My doc just prescribed me Levocartnitine. He says I am deficient in it and it will give me killer strengh in the gym. He wasnt lying the Rx stuff really gave me what I was lacking.
I wonder if I can get this stuff on the internet somewhere?

Redeemer

Awards
L-Cartinine can be purchased almost anywhere. Stick with ALCAR.

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
Very true it can. Rx is just stronger, so it gets to where it needs to be, meant for deficiency. I am sure the reg stuff works well for people who just want to supplement it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If everyone knew how much oney they could dave just by having there nutrition in order for a healthy lifestyle , sleepign good, and exercising, the medical profession would be out of business aand everyone would have more money to save.

FYI777

Awards
I can't believe this thread started in 2003 and (hopefully) keeps going!!!

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I’m just started:

alcar- 3000mg 1st thing in am on empty stomach
Table Spoon Walnut Oil in am on empty stomach
ALA 300mg with each meal

Other Supps:
500mg Magnesium
25mg Zinc

But I’m getting bad heart burn I assume from the ALA, anyone got any suggestions? I’ve have to stop the ALA its too much heart burn and its getting worse. I don’t want to take Zantac or another ant acid. Anyone have any suggestions with regard to my supplements?

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I read most of this thread and the only thing I've noticed about mention of cardio is one poster said "my heart rate felt a little high today during cardio". Did I miss something? Does anyone ever do cardio or does anyone even care about it?

I do cardio 5x / week anywhere from 1.75 - 3.5 mi. per session, and I am interested in the cardio benefits the Anarchy stack provides. Animal's site no longer works, so I couldn't read any testimonies from that source. I plan on giving this a shot around may when I start eating submaintenance. As of now I'm eating maintenance to 500 + maintenance, supplementing w/ the following:

Multi
EFA
CEE
Jungle Warfare
DMAE (experimenting for mental focus / memory benefits)

Would it be overkill to run Anarchy w/ Anabolic Pump?

If anyone has any input as to how their cardio was while on Anarchy, or insight as to how mine would be, I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys.

FYI777

Awards
ALA has weird prickly taste,almost like pepper, on the tongue.Maybe it's causing excessive acidity in the gut.But let me tell you whenever I get heartburn(I hate it as it feels like a gel cap got stuck in my upper GI) it's my body saying it needs more water.I then drink water,as much as I need,and walla it's like a miracle,the heartburn goes away.No tums,no zantac,it's weird.Got this advice from a book ,forgot title,but it was about the many ways our body is telling us it needs water.Hope this helps and I know it seems too simple...

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I feel like alcar helps my endurance during cardio (running, hitting heavybag). Certainly helps my motivation. If you haven't tried citrulline malate at 6gms/day, you might want to look into it. Most dramatic cardio/endurance effects I've ever had from a supplement, by far.

I read most of this thread and the only thing I've noticed about mention of cardio is one poster said "my heart rate felt a little high today during cardio". Did I miss something? Does anyone ever do cardio or does anyone even care about it?

I do cardio 5x / week anywhere from 1.75 - 3.5 mi. per session, and I am interested in the cardio benefits the Anarchy stack provides. Animal's site no longer works, so I couldn't read any testimonies from that source. I plan on giving this a shot around may when I start eating submaintenance. As of now I'm eating maintenance to 500 + maintenance, supplementing w/ the following:

Multi
EFA
CEE
Jungle Warfare
DMAE (experimenting for mental focus / memory benefits)

Would it be overkill to run Anarchy w/ Anabolic Pump?

If anyone has any input as to how their cardio was while on Anarchy, or insight as to how mine would be, I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
don't post much anymore and i know this is an ALCAR thread but i do look in quite regularly though.

just been browsing through this thread again and thought i might share a combination i invented myself but strictly for morning or early afternoon workouts though.

Citrulline Malate......30%
TriCreatine Malate...30%
Acetyl-l-Carnitine....30%
and
L-Arginine...............10%

all taken 30-60 minutes before a workout and 10-15g of BCAA's as i'm about to start my workout.

i gave some to a few friends (serious trainers) with 100% positive feedback.

just thought i'd share.

Jag

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I notice Alcars effects to be long term. Ive been taking it One and a half years strait, except for about a two-three month break. Im taking a week break from it, then I'll start back but the effects I notice are more Longer term. One of the best Nootropics out there IMHO.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is for sure a staple supplement!=)

Nutraplanet switched where they get their powder and I notice it more fast acting than gradual than the old powder. The Old was good stuff but the new I feel hitting me harder.

I Love This stuff.

Im going to take a break from it next month, APRIL 2007, and Try the Clear edge stack which has PLCAR in it.

If im not mistaken, Alcar is better for memory along with the million other benifits, PLCAR is better for the physical like training. I think both are good for focus , but with ALCAR its very noticable for me it gets my brain moving in the morning. Like a hot babe saying This is your day baby=)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I never noticed very much from PLCAR. On the other hand, ALCAR-Arginate is incredible stuff and blows regular ALCAR away in terms of cognitive and physical benefits. Unfortunately, it's also very expensive.

Regular ALCAR seems to have a finite shelf life. I often notice that I get a huge boost from a fresh batch, but after 5-8 months it loses potency greatly. For this reason, I no longer order it in kilo quantities.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
This is for sure a staple supplement!=)

Nutraplanet switched where they get their powder and I notice it more fast acting than gradual than the old powder. The Old was good stuff but the new I feel hitting me harder.

I Love This stuff.

Im going to take a break from it next month, APRIL 2007, and Try the Clear edge stack which has PLCAR in it.

If im not mistaken, Alcar is better for memory along with the million other benifits, PLCAR is better for the physical like training. I think both are good for focus , but with ALCAR its very noticable for me it gets my brain moving in the morning. Like a hot babe saying This is your day baby=)

smeton_yea, have you tried ALCAR from Bulk Nutrition?

if so how do you compare Nutraplanet ALCAR to Bulk Nutrition?

i'm going to make an order soon and although i think highly of B.N. i'm always up for something a little differant!!

Jag

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope NutraPlanet gets me taking care of=) unless its not in then Ill try BN

ALSO ANONE NOTICE IF ALCAR EFFECTS ENAMEL ON TEETH? iM NOT SAYING IT DOES BUT YOU HAVE TO BE careful with al these powders. I remeber I stopped taking CEE powder because it did this.

emzobg

Awards
Lol. huge threat, just finished it.However didn't find what was looking for.
So i have some questions:
1. ALCAR dosage on empty stomach or not ? Before meal or after ?
2. ALCAR with ALA or not ?
3.Have only 2 carb meals, should i take ALA with P+F meals ?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Lol. huge threat, just finished it.However didn't find what was looking for.
So i have some questions:
1. ALCAR dosage on empty stomach or not ? Before meal or after ?
2. ALCAR with ALA or not ?
3.Have only 2 carb meals, should i take ALA with P+F meals ?
I take alcar on an empty stomach 30 minutes before meal, read and the ala with the meal. If you use ALA for it's anti oxidant properties you dont need to take it with a carb meal, but if you want to control the insulin response on carbs you take it with carb containing meals. ALA has an effect on insulin levels in response to carb intake.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I havnt done Alcar in a few months. This is on my next order.

emzobg

Awards
@1HP - got it.
This is how i'm gonna use all the stuff:

PreCardio
Leanfire Inferno - has EGCG in it

Pre Meal2 carb:
600mg ALA + 1500mg ALCAR + 500mg EGCG

Pre Meal 3 - P+F
Lecithin + 300Mg ALA

Pre Meal 4 - P+F
300mg ALA + 750mg ALCAR + 500mg EGCG + EFA

Pre Meal 5 - carb
600mg ALA + 500mg EGCG

PreWO:
Inferno + 750mg ALCAR

Pre Meal 6 - P+F
EFA

Total:
ALA - 1.8gr
ALCAR - 3.0gr
EGCG ~2.5gr
Biotin - 1mg
EFA - fish oil 6gr
Correct ?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Yeah only Alcar has a longer half life, don't know exactly I think it was 6 hours, so you could for example make your first dose 2,25 grams when you get up and dose 750 mg subsequent meals to keep the level up.

Also I dont remember if it's better to take ALA before or with meals. Alcar is best on empty stomach I'm pretty sure. Maybe somebody else can chime in on that specifically, I take my ALA with meals anyways.

It might also be an idea to take some ALA post workout for it's anti-oxidant properties.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
After reading your schedule more carefully I would do it more like:

15-30 mins before breakfast:
2,25-3 grams Alcar

With breakfast (containing carbs)
600 mg ALA

Pre next meals 750 mg alcar
With next meals 300 mg ALA, maybe 600 mg ALA with a bigger carb meal

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Also I dont remember if it's better to take ALA before or with meals. Alcar is best on empty stomach I'm pretty sure. Maybe somebody else can chime in on that specifically, I take my ALA with meals anyways.

It might also be an idea to take some ALA post workout for it's anti-oxidant properties.
It is best to take ALA on an empty stomach, because food has been shown to reduce absorption which effects bioavailability.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
It is best to take ALA on an empty stomach, because food has been shown to reduce absorption which effects bioavailability.
Ah great thanks, there ya go :thumbsup:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xjsynx again.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Yeah only Alcar has a longer half life, don't know exactly I think it was 6 hours, so you could for example make your first dose 2,25 grams when you get up and dose 750 mg subsequent meals to keep the level up.
Be careful when mega-dosing ALCAR.

Check out my post at post #18: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/47321-bulk-alcar.html

I found out the hard way. I don't know if mega-dosing once a day would be an issue, just saying to be careful.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Be careful when mega-dosing ALCAR.

Check out my post at post #18: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/47321-bulk-alcar.html

I found out the hard way. I don't know if mega-dosing once a day would be an issue, just saying to be careful.
:lol: a couple of girls I dated when I was young must have been mega-dosing ALCAR

ANywho, that is good info to know. As far as I know I am cool with up to 6g pre-wo. And if my wifee smells anything fishy, I am sure she would let me know :gas:

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Ah great thanks, there ya go :thumbsup:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xjsynx again.
No problem.

Yeah I got the same message for another one of your posts, so I catch ya next time around...

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
:lol: a couple of girls I dated when I was young must have been mega-dosing ALCAR
You're not off at all there. Trimethylamine is exactly the compound that causes that smell, in fish, and "clams" (I'm talking about the same "clams" you were ;) )

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established

emzobg

Awards
So far i can't say that i feel in any way ALCAR.However ALA makes me feel bad (exhausted).Thinking of lowering it to 1.2-1.5gr.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

yeah you take three grams before bedfreak, hop in the shower, than eat...

I only recommend the super effect , when you can really benifit from it, otherwise your wasting good alcar.

for a super Alcar effect take it before another meal or before training

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
yeah you take three grams before bedfreak, hop in the shower, than eat...

I only recommend the super effect , when you can really benifit from it, otherwise your wasting good alcar.

for a super Alcar effect take it before another meal or before training
Somehow Alcar pre w/o makes me sweat like crazy!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
poeple say to take it with Choline . My Multi has Choline 50 mgs (choline Bitartrate) is this enough Choline?

Ive tajking Alcar with years with out choline (except in my multi)

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I can't believe this thread is still alive after all these years! Fun stuff. I remember the day I started this thing.

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys mix ALCAR with to take. Water, ect, and can I mix my creatine with it?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do you guys mix ALCAR with to take. Water, ect, and can I mix my creatine with it?
yea that should be fine...i used to mix mine wit some pre workout mixes..or just water...mind u it does have a distinct taste yet i didnt think it was ever all that bad

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alcar aids in Testostrone metabolism, many people get this confused with testostrone production. Big difference. I ythink its a good idea to use this with a testostrone boosting product ; as a stand alone IMHO its really not worth it. I mean if you really have no other options sure go with Alcar.

As a combination I think thats where the gold is. (Plcar, Alcar, and choline) (Blue-up, Alcar and choline)(maybe drive alcar and choline)

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
This is the thread that never ends,
yes it goes on and on my friends,
someone started posting, not knowing what it was,
and they'll continue posting forever just because
this is the thread that never ends....

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I've combined ALCAR and Creatine Mono for a few weeks now before my morning w/o and it's working great.

Also having a strong coffee and 1/2 to 3/4 of a t-spoon of Chocomine for the extra kick if i need it.

I definitely WOULD NOT have this combo late in the day though!!

Jag

anapolack2

Awards
just bumpin for the stack that works....tried and true

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive been takign 3 grams of alcar a day, and i have noticed headaches. also i have noticed decreased fatloss by the mirror.
I know why now. didnt supplement it with choline for two years. Supplement with choline with alcar .

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
there is a ceiling with alcar..2 grams a day is plenty i posted this way way in the beginning..cant believe this thread is still going..animal must be po'd..lol

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope NutraPlanet gets me taking care of=) unless its not in then Ill try BN

ALSO ANONE NOTICE IF ALCAR EFFECTS ENAMEL ON TEETH? iM NOT SAYING IT DOES BUT YOU HAVE TO BE careful with al these powders. I remeber I stopped taking CEE powder because it did this.
Like sodas?

if u drink water after, It should be ok!

anapolack2

Awards
why would animal be pissed?he did some fine tuning but the stack works just as well today as it always has...........................animal is one of the smartest minds out there

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
why would animal be pissed?he did some fine tuning but the stack works just as well today as it always has...........................animal is one of the smartest minds out there

because he was pissed way back when this was started..i used to belong to animals board..he saw this as a ripoff..fine tuning? this was his stack!!...actually instyncts