Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here!

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I CAN STOP WHENEVER I WANT NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!
lol

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm still loving alcar, but do take breaks every once in a while. I've noticed that I get mild headaches with doses over 2gms at a time. I guess that's choline/acetylcholine depletion? re: l-tyro/stims from the previous page, my current pre-workout/pre-sparring blend is: 1gm alcar / 3gm citrulline malate / 3gm CEE / 1 gm l-tyrosine / 1gm chocamine / 100mg caffeine. Crazy endurance with no jitters.

gordongecko

Awards
I'm Lovin' It!!

2400mg ALCAR
900mg ALA (recently upped it from 600mg)
3750mg PIRA
1.5g EPA/DHA
620mg Ginkgo Biloba
1mg(1000mcg) biotin
DAILY

I use Royal jelly to help if I start to feel a crash coming on.

Been on this regimine since 3rd wk of January. Added alc, ala, biotin and Fish oil around then.
Pira and Ginkgo have been a daily supp for me quite some time.

Great focus and energy. Pumps are noticeable as I am taking CEE as well and with the ALA, alot less recovery time. I take a multiple and eat well, for the most part.

I have had to use visine more than usual for dryness of eyes. I use it occassionally for the "red eye" issue but I just thought it was because it is very cold where I live and I grew up in a very warm place. Just adjusting, I thought.

Stinky piss, damn.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've been mixing my alcar with some NO-Xplode and I like the concentration I get. I just want to KEEP on working out, and I feel really good. it sounds like a good idea to me! Let me know if I am going to kill myself please lol.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I've been mixing my alcar with some NO-Xplode and I like the concentration I get. I just want to KEEP on working out, and I feel really good. it sounds like a good idea to me! Let me know if I am going to kill myself please lol.
I don't think ALCAR + NO-Xplode will kill you ;)

Newb017

Banned
Awards
can these super sperm break through condoms? yikes, might need to back off the alcar for a while....

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my ferility doc put me on some ALCAR when we were trying to have our first child. It's a common treatment for male-fertility issues related to AAS use

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my ferility doc put me on some ALCAR when we were trying to have our first child. It's a common treatment for male-fertility issues related to AAS use
Wow, should be useful for knocking up the wife. Do you have any idea if it helps with female fertility?

Coolridge

the only time ive seen anything positive from l-carnitine is when it was taken intramuscularly. yes they make it for horses, no it wasnt me it was a client.
results were pulling of 3-5 lbs in subcutaneous abdomen fat in a 2-3 day period before racing, no he's not a horse (yes he is human)
Im finished now.

Sleigh

Awards
I just ordered some ALCAR from 1fast and R-ALA from Ultimate Kits. I was wondering if I could stack the ALCAR like this..

I take 3 multivitamins, GNC Mega Multi, Opti-Men, and NOW Adam formula. Collectively they have 225mg of ALA.
They also have Q10 in it.

So totals for this would be:

250mg R-ALA /day
225mg ALA /day
15mg Q10
2-3g ALCAR

and carb intake is around 500g /day

Wake-up: 730
500mL water, 1g ALCAR
Meal 1: 830
100mg ALA
8.3mg Q10
125mg R-ALA
Meal 2: 11:30
25mg ALA
1.7mg Q10
ALCAR: 12:30
1g ALCAR
Meal 3: 230
50mg ALA
1.7mg Q10
125mg R-ALA
Meal 4: 530
25mg ALA
1.7mg Q10
Meal 5: 830
25mg ALA
1.7mg Q10
Meal 6: 1030
nothing

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
hi All,

i apologise if this has been covered already but i've read as much as i could of this monster thread & i'm not as young as i used to be................times-a-wastin'!!!!!!

i've shaved twice already since beginning reading :D

anyway, been using Acettyl-l-Carnitine only for about 2 weeks. i feel great while it's working but occassionally (like right now) i get a severe nausea feeling a few hours after the dose & an ache type feeling like when you're getting a flu.

anyone else get this?

Jag

Redeemer

Awards
I'm taking alcar at about 12gm per day divided up into 3, 4 gm doses. The first couple worked okay but now, hardly any noticable effect at all. Two days ago I added glucophase at 1 capsule before each meal or snack. Am currently (finishing) taking a few weeks off from lifting, and my waist size has definitely decreased. However this could be due to the fact that I eat less when I don't work out. Actually my diet falls apart. I work 3rd shift and that may be where the tiredness comes in, or lack of response to the alcar. I got it from custom so I don't think it's a bad batch. I was thinking about adding the CLA, but don't know how important it is in the grand scheme of things with the core 3 components of this stack. Also thinking of adding a couple (Tyrosine, or one of custom's nootropics) to see if I can boost it. Green tea works great as a thermo for me, but makes me loagy. Also, I can't take much more caffeine; I will have a heart attack.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive been takign 3 grams of alcar a day, and i have noticed headaches. also i have noticed decreased fatloss by the mirror.

Redeemer

Awards
Well I think my problem was attenuation of the dosage combined with taking some time off from the gym. I was off for about 3 weeks. Also I cut back on the caffeine, and am taking 1000mg GTE, and 3000 mg fish oil with 3000mg ALCAR, 3 times daily. I have noticed a major endurance increase, and a dramatic reduction in waste size. Mood has improved as well, but that could be the incorporation of SAMe. Either way, I am going to continue.

BTW, are their any published studies pointing to the pro-oxidant effects of ALCAR. I always thought that was not the case.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Bumping this thread for any previous posters still using this stack (ALA + ALCAR) any feedback on positive or negative results?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bumping this thread for any previous posters still using this stack (ALA + ALCAR) any feedback on positive or negative results?
Ive been takign alcar for 2 months now and its working. Better short term and overall memory, better fatloss, and generally feeling better!

i use ala postraining 4 days a week. Tigether more than anything a fatloss effect. i mainly use ala for the creatine effect and the 100 gram dextose shake to help shuttle the nutrients into the muscles faster.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thanks smeton! Do you intend to add these supps to your regimen on a regular basis? Would you recommend these to any one? What dosages are you using?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks smeton! Do you intend to add these supps to your regimen on a regular basis? Would you recommend these to any one? What dosages are you using?
i take alcar every day 3 grams

alcar is most effective at 3 grams or above

i take ala 100 mgs a day postraining, on the days i train which is usually 4 days a week.

DocJ

DocJ

Awards
1 year, double blind clinical trial of 3.2g CLA/day with 180 subjects just finished

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15159244

What exactly does this mean:
Mean (+/- SD) BFM in the CLA-triacylglycerol and CLA-FFA groups was 8.7 +/- 9.1% and 6.9 +/- 9.1%, respectively, lower than that in the placebo group (P < 0.001).

BFM = lbs of bodyfat?
8.7 +/- 9.1% = 17.8 to -0.4% ??
I might be a little late on this one but an increase of LDL, decrease of HDL, and especially a decrease in Lp(a) is not a good thing.

mindgames

Awards
I take alcar and r-ala daily. I have to be completely honest that I'm not sure exactly what it does for me as I take a few other things at the same time.
However, the literature on this combination is too appealing for me not to take it.

The author asks not to reproduce the article, so below is a link if you want more info on synergistic effects.

http://www.bulknutrition.com/a74_ALA_and_ALCAR.html

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Yes thanks for posting that! The literature on this combination is too compelling not to use this combination. Im currently using ALCAR, L-Carnitine Orotate,RLA,RDHLA (Geronovas Carnitine Plus and Mito-Gold) once daily, in addition to a dose of 5oo mgs Alcar and 100mgs RLA, as an addition to my daily vitamin regimen. A person I know is also using this. We have been ingesting these for approximately 10 days, seems to be an increase in stamina and feelings of well-being, Im waiting to see physical results as in improvement of skin, muscle tone etc. If anyone else has any comments or experiences please post them. According to what has been written this is what to use.

King Nothing

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The summer of 2004, I did the Anarchy stack for 3 months. I did 5 grams ALCAR twice a day, 1 gram green tea 50%ecgc twice a day, r-ala, & CLA. If I were to do it again, I would not use the r-ala as now I believe there is no point to it as long as diet is perfect and you don't have diabetes. I bought the alcar and ecgc in bulk powders so I could use large amounts but still pay less than for caps in the end. R-ala wasn't available in powder at the time and I tried CLA powder once and it was horrible.

It worked great too, lost a lot of weight and felt great the entire time!

-Chris

Last edited:

Phosphate bond

Awards
Some Quick Info I Found.

Acetyl L-Carnitine

ALC improves both Short-Term Memory and Long-Term Memory.

ALC improves Mood [ALC improves Mood in 53% of healthy subjects].

Acetyl L-Carnitine retards some aspects of the Aging Process in the Skin:

ALC improves the reaction times of people afflicted with Cerebral Insufficiency.

ALC (2-4 grams per day) improves walking distance without Pain in people afflicted with Intermittent Claudication.

ALC prevents the age-related impairment of Eyesight (by protecting the Neurons of the Optic Nerve and the Occipital Cortex of the Brain.

ALC enhances the ability of Macrophages to function as Phagocytes.

ALC improves Athletic Performance [ALC given prior to Exercise increased the maximum running speed of animals].

ALC enhances the function of Cytochrome Oxidase (an essential enzyme of the Electron Transport System (ETS).

ALC improves the Energy metabolism of Neurons (by enhancing the transport of Medium-Chain Saturated Fatty Acids and Short-Chain Saturated Fatty Acids across the Cell Membranes of Neurons into the Mitochondria).

ALC inhibits the damage caused by Hypoxia.
ALC transports Lipids into the Mitochondria of Cells.

ALC improves mood and memory in people with Age Associated Memory Impairment.

ALC improves Mental Function where Alcohol induced cognitive Impairment exists.

ALC increases Alertness.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine inhibits the deterioration in Mental Function associated with Alzheimer’s Disease and slows the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease [people afflicted with Alzheimer’s Disease exhibited significantly less deterioration in Mental Function following the administration of supplemental ALC for 12 months. This finding was verified by using nuclear magnetic resonance on the subjects].

ALC increases Alertness in people afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease - 2,500-3,000 mg per day for 3 months].
ALC inhibits the toxicity of Amyloid-Beta Protein (ABP) to Neurons.

ALC improves Attention Span in people afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease.

ALC improves Short Term Memory in people afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease.

High concentrations of ALC are naturally present in various regions of the Brain.
ALC reverses the age-related decline that occurs in Cholinergic Receptors (i.e. the Receptors that receive Acetylcholine).

ALC improves (eye to hand) Coordination [supplemental ALC @ 1.5 grams per day for 30 days improved eye to hand coordination in healthy, sedentary subjects by a factor of 300-400%].

ALC improves the Interhemispheric Flow of Information across the Corpus Callosum of the Brain.

ALC retards the decline in the number of Dopamine Receptors that occurs in tandem with the Aging Process and (more rapidly) with the onset of Parkinson's Disease.

ALC enhances the release of Dopamine from Dopaminergic Neurons and improves the binding of Dopamine to Dopamine Receptors.

ALC can prevent the destruction of Dopamine Receptors by MPTP (a neurotoxin capable of causing Parkinson's Disease via Dopaminergic Receptor death.

ALC improves Attention Span and Memory in people afflicted with Down’s Syndrome.

ALC retards the inevitable decline in the number of Glucocorticoid Receptors that occurs in tandem with the Aging Process.

ALC enhances the recovery of people afflicted with Hemiplegia (Paralysis of one side of the body) and improves their Mood and Attention Span.

ALC retards the age-related deterioration of the Hippocampus [research - rats].

Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC) improves Learning ability [women aged 22 - 27 were supplemented with ALC for 30 days. Complex video game tests before and after supplementation concluded that supplemental ALC caused large increases in speed of Learning, speed of reaction and reduction in errors].

ALC inhibits (and possibly reverses) the degeneration of Myelin Sheaths that occurs in tandem with the progression of the Aging Process [scientific research - hyperglycemic mice treated with ALC for 16 weeks exhibited improved nerve conduction velocity and exhibited thicker Myelin Sheaths and larger myelinated Nerve Fibers].

ALC retards the inevitable decline in the number of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) Receptors that occurs in tandem with the Aging Process.

ALC stimulates and maintains the growth of new Neurons within the Brain (both independently of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) and as a result of preserving NGF) and helps to prevent the death of existing Neurons [ALC inhibits Neuron death in the Striatal Cortex, Prefrontal Cortex and the Occipital Cortex of the Brain].

ALC inhibits the degeneration of Neurons that is implicit in Neuropathy.

ALC rejuvenates and increases the number of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptors (NMDA Receptors) in the Brain [even a single dose of ALC increases the number of functional NMDA Receptors]:

ALC protects the NMDA Receptors in the Brain from the natural decline that occurs in tandem with the Aging Process [research - animals].

ALC is presently being researched as a treatment for Parkinson's Disease.

ALC inhibits the loss of Vision, degeneration of Neurons and damage to the Retina associated with Retinopathy (including Diabetic Retinopathy).

ALC improves the quality of Sleep and reduces the quantity of Sleep required.

ALC improves Spatial Memory (an aspect of Short Term Memory that involves remembering one’s position in space).

ALC inhibits the excessive release of Cortisol in response to Stress and inhibits the depletion of Luteinising Hormone Releasing Hormone (LHRH) and Testosterone that occurs as a result of excessive Stress.

ALC improves Verbal Fluency.

ALC enhances the function of Cytochrome Oxidase (also called Complex IV) - an essential enzyme of the Electron Transport System.

ALC normalizes Beta-Endorphin levels.
ALC reduces Stress-induced Cortisol release [research - animals].

ALC prevents the depletion of Luteinising Hormone Releasing Hormone (LHRH) caused by exposure to excessive Stress.

ALC retards the decline in the production of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) that occurs in tandem with the Aging Process.

ALC increases plasma Testosterone levels (via its influence on Acetylcholine neurotransmission in the Striatal Cortex of the Brain) and prevents the depletion of Testosterone caused by exposure to excessive Stress [research - rats].

ALC increases the body's levels of circulating Thyrotrophin.

ALC facilitates the production of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) [research - animals].

ALC "shuttles" Long Chain Fatty Acids between the Cytosol and the Mitochondria of Cells.

ALC facilitates both the release and synthesis of Acetylcholine.

ALC's ability to increase the synthesis of Acetylcholine occurs as a result of it donating its Acetyl group towards the production of Acetylcholine.

ALC increases the Brain's levels of Choline Acetylase (which in turn facilities the production of Acetylcholine).

ALC enhances the release of Dopamine from Dopaminergic Neurons and improves the binding of Dopamine to Dopamine Receptors.

References

De Falco, F. A., et al. Effect of the chronic treatment with L-acetylcarnitine in Down’s syndrome. Clin Ther. 144:123-127, 1994.

Bowman, B. Acetyl-carnitine and Alzheimer’s disease. Nutr Rev. 50:142-144, 1992.

Bruno, G., et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine in Alzheimer disease: a short-term study on CSF neurotransmitters and neuropeptides. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord (USA). 9(3):128-131, 1995.

Calvani, M., et al. Action of acetyl-L-carnitine in neurodegeneration and Alzheimer’s disease. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences (USA). 663:483-486, 1993.

Carta, A., et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine: a drug able to slow the progress of Alzheimer’s Disease? Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences (USA. 640:228-232, 1991.

Guarnaschelli, C., et al. Pathological brain ageing: evaluation of the efficacy of a pharmacological aid. Drugs under Experimental and Clinical Research. 14(11):715-718, 1988.

Passeri, M., et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine in the treatment of mildly demented elderly patients. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Research. 10(1-2):75-79, 1990.

Pettegrew, J. W., et al. Clinical and neurochemical effects of acetyl-L-carnitine in Alzheimer’s disease. Neurobiol Aging. 16:1-4, 1995.

Rai, G., et al. Double-blind, placebo controlled study of acetyl-L-carnitine in patients with Alzheimer’s dementia. Current Medical Research and Opinion. 11(10):638-647, 1989.

Sano, M., et al. Double-blind parallel design pilot study of acetyl levocarnitine in patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Arch Neurol. 49:1137-1141, 1992.

Sinforiani, E., et al. Neuropsychological changes in demented patients treated with acetyl-L-carnitine. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Research. 10(1-2):69-74, 1990.

Spagnoli, A. U., et al. Long-term acetyl-l-carnitine treatment in Alzheimer’s disease. Neurology. 41(11):1726-1732, 1991.
It's good stuff. I like it particularly after hard interval sessions on my stairmaster. It probably reduces some of the acyl (fatty acid) COA build-up that normally impairs energy metabolism whenever a large amount of fat is released.

BringnIt

Board Sponsor
Awards
So you recommending taking ALCAR after and not before an intense cardio session, Phosphate? Am I reading that correctly?

Phosphate bond

Awards
So you recommending taking ALCAR after and not before an intense cardio session, Phosphate? Am I reading that correctly?
I'm sure both would be better, but to be honest I notice the effects more clearly after.

That's not to say taking it before isn't giving beneficial effects either.

endymion_slayer

Awards
Greetings all! I've been poking around in this post for a while now and have become interested very in this stack. I've just started it yesterday as follows:

ALC - 2g per day
ALA - 1800 mg per day
Green tea - 5 to 6 pills a day @ 500 mg each.
Biotin - 2100mcg per day.

I haven't incorporated the CLA just yet(right now its not in the budget) but I understand lots of people have had success without it. I'm going to keep my ALA doses right before or right after meal time. Let me know what you guys think and if these are good numbers to start with.

walt

Awards
Does Alcar ever go bad once you open it?? I bought it in bulk and its taking a long time to finish it..??

anapolack

Banned
Awards
i havge 1fast400 alcar...a ****load........what are the effects if taken alone?maybe 5 grams a day?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does Alcar ever go bad once you open it?? I bought it in bulk and its taking a long time to finish it..??
No it doesnt.

and to answer the next question ive never took 5 grams a day. i take 3, but itll just enhance whats already their.:nutkick: <---this is what im like when im on alcar=0)

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
For the less budget-conscious:

Geronova's Carnitine Plus -- ALCAR + Carnitine Orotate 6caps
Geronova's Mito Gold -- RLA + DHLA, the redox couple 4caps
Olympian Labs Co-Q10 -- 300mg caps 2caps

Bulk's r-ALA -- 100mg caps 6caps
Bulk's ALCAR 3-4g

www.geronova.com for the ALCAR caps and RLA; www.hocks.com for the Co-Q10.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hows everyones alcar expirence going?

mine is good great. i love this stuff and notice cognitive benifits on this. also increased fatloss and just the benifits it say. i take at least 3 grams a day and recently im taking 4-6 grams a day...5 mins before my first meal(upon waking) then 5 mins before 2nd meal(even if its postraining )

aalso does anyone have the studies (or did they even conduct them) where plasma test levels increased, i actually thought alcar keeps from them decreasing after hard training seeions, not increasing them. can anyone find the data on this to back all these wild claims up?

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
i take alcar every day 3 grams

alcar is most effective at 3 grams or above

i take ala 100 mgs a day postraining, on the days i train which is usually 4 days a week.
Would you recommend it pre-workout, as maybe a stimulant? Or just posttraining?

Khryz

Awards
Just lettin' everyone know that I assembled my own Anarchy Stack and am awaiting the rest of the components in the mail.

But I have a question. I'm sort of following a Timed Carb Diet/Animalobolics-type diet where no carbs but fruit during the day besides post-workout. So, if I generally only have 2 high carb meals, it makes sense to only take the K-R-ALA before those two meals. Do I have to take the ALCAR with the K-R-ALA so they have the synergistic benefits/effects? I would prefer to take ALCAR pre-morning cardio & pre-workout, and rather not AFTER I workout.

Also, I ordered 5mg caps of Biotin a day. I read that just taking it once a day @ 5mg is fine? Any preference on when should I take it (or not take it?)

I have 500mg GT caps and I drink about 6-7 green tea bags in iced tea throughout the day as well.

I will not be taking CLA but rather just Fish Oils.

Other supplements include calcium w/ vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin C, multi-vitamin (GNC megaman), magnesium, potassium gluconate, glucosamine sulfate, vitamin K. Do you see a problem with taking these with the Anarchy Stack (or any recommended dosages/timing?)

Your help would be MUCH appreciated before I start! THANKS!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just lettin' everyone know that I assembled my own Anarchy Stack and am awaiting the rest of the components in the mail.

But I have a question. I'm sort of following a Timed Carb Diet/Animalobolics-type diet where no carbs but fruit during the day besides post-workout. So, if I generally only have 2 high carb meals, it makes sense to only take the K-R-ALA before those two meals. Do I have to take the ALCAR with the K-R-ALA so they have the synergistic benefits/effects? I would prefer to take ALCAR pre-morning cardio & pre-workout, and rather not AFTER I workout.

Also, I ordered 5mg caps of Biotin a day. I read that just taking it once a day @ 5mg is fine? Any preference on when should I take it (or not take it?)

I have 500mg GT caps and I drink about 6-7 green tea bags in iced tea throughout the day as well.

I will not be taking CLA but rather just Fish Oils.

Other supplements include calcium w/ vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin C, multi-vitamin (GNC megaman), magnesium, potassium gluconate, glucosamine sulfate, vitamin K. Do you see a problem with taking these with the Anarchy Stack (or any recommended dosages/timing?)

Your help would be MUCH appreciated before I start! THANKS!
Id take alcar in the morning on a empty stomach 5 minuts before your first meal.

As for your other questions i dont know. :good:

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I've been using 2 fish oil caps with 4-5 grams of Alcar first thing in the morning and results are much better than Alcar on it's own.

an hour later i have a coffee with 2 Green Tea caps, 3 Maca caps and 3 Horny Goat Weed caps and then go training.

loads of energy and focus.:thumbsup: beats any ECA stack i've ever used.

Jag

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Whoa, the ALCAR thread got "Unstickied" :think: :blink:

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Ive found that I like Propionyl-L-Carnitine more than Alcar, I simply FEEL it more, more energy, more well being.

Just throwing it out there, cause Im loving the stuff.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ive found that I like Propionyl-L-Carnitine more than Alcar, I simply FEEL it more, more energy, more well being.

Just throwing it out there, cause Im loving the stuff.
which one is better for fat loss.....plcar or alcar??? im thinking of adding it in with my non-stim stack i want to run in like a month...

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Been on Alcar for a couple of weeks and I love the stuff!! I notice an improvement in the mental aspect, but the one thing that I notice more than anything is that ALCAR increases my libido.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been taking Alcar a year and a half now. I notice it's best ultilized when taking for a logn peroid of time. when you first start staking it , effects are immediate, when you keep taking it it keeps working.make sense?

I notice good libido , mental enhancement, a slight buzzed feeling after i take it. I take three grams daily every mornign , five minutes before my first meal. I have to contribute the cheap price to a board sponser, Nutraplanet. Dammit when i upgreade to Gold Member i want to sponser Nutra and Sam. You guys Rock!

Redeemer

Awards
I usually require fairly large dosages of anything before I get a good effect. With ALCAR I usually take between 3 and 6 grams daily. The libido increase is most pronounced, almost like a 4AD cycle for me. I just recently switched out the CLA for fish oil 12 grams /3 and low dose melting point (2 caps daily) I'm going to run that for 16 weeks with some high intensity weight training and no cardio. No bulking this winter. Hopefully I will have something positive to report by April.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Is it best to dose ALCAR on an empty stomach??

I'm doing
alcar- 1500mg 1st thing in am on empty stomach and 1500 priot to workout (also empty stomach)
Lean Green- 2 caps(equaling 500mg egcg) per dose of alcar
DS Basic Cuts- 1 capsule 2x daily along with doses of alcar and Lean Green
Phosphatidylserine- 300mg once daily 1st thing in am on empty stomach
phosphatidylcholine- about 2500 mg per day
ala - 1500mg-1800mg per day / 300mg 10-15 minutes prior to meals
biotin- 1mg per dose of ala
Calcium carbonate- 1000 mgs 2x daily

I also take a few other supps but these are the main ones
let me know what you guys think

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards