Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here!

Page 2 of 27 First 1234 ... Last
  1. My Results

My results with the anarchy stack are nothing short of amazing for being otc supps...and I was not even using the CLA.

ALCAR: min 2000mg/day up to 3000mg/day.
    ALA: 300-600mg 5 minutes before each meal (amount of ala taken is dependent on estimated carbs in meal plan to consume)

The ALCAR has given me endurance while training never before had by me, I feel as I can train for hours, and have, I have energy threw the roof.

The ALCAR seems to keep my mind in "overdrive" I seem to always have dozens of different thoughts circulating in my mind all the time, I cant sit still, I can, but If I do, I go off into some thought process that makes me think of something to do...lol...

And of couse I am getting noticably leaner, while eating basically the same, and strength is goin UP while getting leaner.

I also took, glutamine, biotin and a multivit 2 x day with the ala & alcar.

2. newbie question. where do i get alcar.

JWest
    •   

3. https://www2.acadia.net/cgi-bin/BAC/...=8350830_20688

scroll down a bit they have powder or caps
  4. Re: My Results

Originally posted by Stroyer
    My results with the anarchy stack are nothing short of amazing for being otc supps...and I was not even using the CLA.

ALCAR: min 2000mg/day up to 3000mg/day.
    ALA: 300-600mg 5 minutes before each meal (amount of ala taken is dependent on estimated carbs in meal plan to consume)

The ALCAR has given me endurance while training never before had by me, I feel as I can train for hours, and have, I have energy threw the roof.

The ALCAR seems to keep my mind in "overdrive" I seem to always have dozens of different thoughts circulating in my mind all the time, I cant sit still, I can, but If I do, I go off into some thought process that makes me think of something to do...lol...

And of couse I am getting noticably leaner, while eating basically the same, and strength is goin UP while getting leaner.

I also took, glutamine, biotin and a multivit 2 x day with the ala & alcar.
    i always thought the cla was the cheif component of the stack,guess i was wrong..how much biotin were u taking?
  5. Biotin

I only started at 1mg 3 x day, but since biotin is ass cheap even at wal-mart, i have upped it to 3mg 3 x day.

Some of the tell tale signs of biotin deficiency are dryin of the skin and achy joints and man, did my joints ache after using the ALA for a few weeks, once I started the biotin, and even more so since I increased the amount/day, the soreness seems to have decreased a bit, though I would not mind still having the dry skin...lol...dry out some of these pimples..lol..

Using that amount of CLA, for me at the time I started was a bit expensive to spend on otc supps, at 4gr of cla 4-5 x day, (and keep in mid alot of the cla is on 750mg of acutally cla per cap, not the full 1gr, so thats even more one has to take to reach a true 4gr dose) gets a bit pricey fast.

I would LOVE to run the alcar at at higher dose as well, such as 5gr/day but that do, would get expensive kinda fast...man, I could not imagine how I would feel on 5gr/alcar day..

One other note on alcar, in one of the posts above, that listed alot of very good info on alcar, is stated something to the extent that alcar helps sleep, it may help to improve the quality of your sleep while sleeping, but If I took the alcar anywhere later in the day/night, I could not fall asleep for ****, cause of the stimulating effects of the alcar.

6. yeah i have heard that myself which is why i have tryptophan on hand but man that too is expensive..gonna try alcart with piracetam myself and now it looks like biotin
  7. tryptophan

Does the tryptophan work well for you?
  8. Anarchy Stack

The genearal guidline for the anarchy stack is along the lines of:

AlCAR: 1.5-5 grams a day
    ALA: 1200-2400mg day
    CLA: 12-20 grams day (4 gram dosing)

That had both the low end and the high end of the doses, most people will ahve to "play" with it to see what dose work best for them and what can be afforded.
  9. Re: tryptophan

Originally posted by Stroyer
    Does the tryptophan work well for you?
    seems to be i sleep pretty well and at only 6 hours of sleep i feel very well rested prob is after awhile u experience what is called wakefulness so i alternate periods of tryptophan and then switch back to melatonin if needed.

10. Well I am starting my Anarachy stack on Friday! Looking VERY forward to this. I wil be running CLA, ALA and Alcar for now. I will be drinking my Green Tea as well. I will add in other things as I go but want to start with this as the foundation first. I will let you all know how I do.
    •   

11. just a heads up u would do better to get green tea extract pills,extracted for at least 30% egcg's otherwise u will be drinking upwards of 10 cups of tea a day

12. Thanks Wojo. I actually do drink a lot of tea. I will be doing a half gallon a day with Splenda.

13. yeah i myself love iced green tea

14. Like Stroyer had mentioned, the ALCAR does stimulate, especially the mind. I try not to take it less then 5 hours before bed and have never had problems from it. However, the noticable energy, quality of sleep increase is pronounced, at least for me. Like Stroyer, I have not done the CLA and still enjoy the results. My stack is:
    ALCAR 2grams a day (500x4)
    r-ala 200mg 3 or 4 times a day (with carbs)
    Biotin 2mg a day with r-ala
    Green tea often and extract

I have never been a fan of CLA after trying it for 2 months at 12 grams a day and not noticing anything. It was Tonalin (the good stuff supposedly) but I took it stand alone rather than in a stack. Also, the price is too much for me.

15. where is the best and cheapest place to pick up the different products for the anarchy stack?
    NOT an IFORCE rep, but their new VMS Protean is amazing. I also dropped 15lbs on the testabolan2 and rev2 stack last month.

16. Originally posted by Scottyo

I have never been a fan of CLA after trying it for 2 months at 12 grams a day and not noticing anything. It was Tonalin (the good stuff supposedly) but I took it stand alone rather than in a stack. Also, the price is too much for me.
    From Animals board:

Dose 1: 12g Tonalin CLA: 9.36g CLA by content

Intitial BG Measurement: 48mg/dl Temp: 37.1C(98.8F)
    (Eat Food as described above)

T+1hr Measurement: 61mg/dl Temp: 37.1C(98.8F)

T+2hrs Measurement: 83mg/dl Temp: 36.8C(98.2F)

T+3hrs measurement: 64mg/dl Temp: 36.9C(98.4F)

T+4hrs Measurement: 70mg/dl Temp: 36.6C(97.9F)

Note: CLA stabilized BG levels for the 4hrs.

Area under positive BG Curve(Taking initial BG measurement as the horizontal) =

6.5 + 13 + 11 + 16 + 9.5 + 16 + 3 = 75units squared.

Note: No reactive hypoglycaemia occurred like the placebo. CLA modulated the insulin surge from the pancreas, causing BG levels to not drop sharply...but instead they stabilized. This is how CLA works in diets and will be talked about later.

As can be clearly seen, there exists a definite correlation between the amount of CLA needed per amount of carbs ingested. The 12g CLA completely stabilized BG levels after the initial spike(CLA is a fat, so it takes time to be digested and work), and they remained stable for 4 hours. The length of my BG analysis. The 10g and 8g doses stabilized BG levels for the first 3 hours. After that, BG levels dropped to below initial levels.

17. Originally posted by bigbeef
    where is the best and cheapest place to pick up the different products for the anarchy stack?
    I would just go to 1fast400.com for a good deal on reasonable quanities for all three supplments.

18. DPS HAS NOW ALSO AND BAC TOO
    https://www2.acadia.net/cgi-bin/BAC...d=8350830_20688
    HAS THE CHEAPEST ALCAR

19. Originally posted by wojo
    DPS HAS NOW ALSO AND BAC TOO
    https://www2.acadia.net/cgi-bin/BAC...d=8350830_20688
    HAS THE CHEAPEST ALCAR
    Link is not working bro.

20. maybe because its a secure site its saved in my favorites and worx well just goto www.beyond-a-century.com they have alcar for 120 caps at 500 mgs for 1995 or 100grams for 12.50

21. whats biotin do? I did a search, but didnt find what i was looking for....

JWest

22. Originally posted by JWest0926
    whats biotin do? I did a search, but didnt find what i was looking for....

JWest
    Biotin is a water soluable vitamin that is a part of the B-Vitamin complex. Biotin is essential for the metabolism of proteins and carbohydrates (like the other B vitamins), and in the synthesis of hormones and cholesterol.

23. biotin is in my multivitamin...if i were to use it in the anarchy stack would i take more? 300mcg in the vitamin

24. I'm not even sure where the Biotin came into this conversation! I dont believe it is essential to the stack.

25. Biotin is very important if using ALA so yes, it is a very good addition to the stack. Also it is dirt cheap....BAC has it for like 8 bucks for around a 3 month supply, can also get it at most grocery stores. I take 3-5mg a day...so 300 mcg is not enough IMO.
    High ALA use depletes biotin stores from the body, especially racemic ala. Biotin is important for joint care and is also known for blood glucose lowering properties. I think with its price to efficacy ratio...it is a great add.
    Further, I have read EVERY study on animal's board (well most at least) regarding CLA, and while I don't doubt that it does have some benefits, I believe the r-ala and ALCAR lower the area under the curve enough at a reasonable price.

26. Originally posted by Scottyo
    Biotin is very important if using ALA so yes, it is a very good addition to the stack. Also it is dirt cheap....BAC has it for like 8 bucks for around a 3 month supply, can also get it at most grocery stores. I take 3-5mg a day...so 300 mcg is not enough IMO.
    High ALA use depletes biotin stores from the body, especially racemic ala. Biotin is important for joint care and is also known for blood glucose lowering properties. I think with its price to efficacy ratio...it is a great add.
    Further, I have read EVERY study on animal's board (well most at least) regarding CLA, and while I don't doubt that it does have some benefits, I believe the r-ala and ALCAR lower the area under the curve enough at a reasonable price.
    Well that answers the biotin question. Thanks scottyo.

27. Anytime The stuff is so cheap that its almost a no brainer to add....more of a pain remembering to take it then paying for it. But I have noticed significant improvement with its addition.

28. I have begun......I feel GREAT on Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar). I will keep you informed.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Wtf Is The Anarchy Stack!? I've Been Out Of The Loop:(
    By Blindfaith in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 07:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 11:28 AM
  3. to those on the anarchy stack ...
    By raybravo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 12:41 AM
  4. when to take the anarchy stack?