Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 13

Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here!

Page 13 of 20 First ... 8111213141518 ... Last
  1. New Member

Ok, I got some extra bottles. So the R-ALA should be keep in the fridge, and the ALCAR, GT extract, and CLA can be kept at room temperature for months?

BTW, custom opened my package and the green tea, CLA, ALA, and ALCAR came thru. It cost me $16 Cdn, but I got what I ordered. On the other hand, a few days prior to this I ordered AbSolve and Vendetta and that one is NOT here.
    I am in Canada if you haven't figured it out...

2. New Member

Ok, this is for WW7 who asked this question, probably ages ago by now, about the EGCG levels of GT Extract. I don't know where the question is nor do I have the patience to look for it or if anyone already answered it, but this is some good stuff that I just found:

Life Extension Super Green Tea Capsules
    Life Extension Green Tea Extract (350 mg capsules) are standardized to 95% polyphenols and 35% EGCG. 100 capsules per bottle.

Each capsule contains: 332.5 mg of polyphenols and 122.5 mg of EGCG.
    Each capsule contains (decaffeinated): 285 mg of polyphenols and 105 mg of EGCG.
  3. New Member

how much $$?

i use vitamin shoppe's 75% Polyphenols 187.5 Mg Including 30% Epi Gallo Catechin Gallate 75 Mg
    •   

4. New Member

Originally posted by motleybreu
    how much $$?

i use vitamin shoppe's 75% Polyphenols 187.5 Mg Including 30% Epi Gallo Catechin Gallate 75 Mg
    Here is a whole price list that I found for green tea extract:http://www.drumlib.com/supp/prod/green-tea_01.htm

I hope you can pull it up. The spectrum is prices is rather large.

Meg
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Nice capping machine.... any place to get the gel caps cheaper?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.

Originally posted by JWest0926
    Nice capping machine.... any place to get the gel caps cheaper?

1000 "00"'s for 15 is the cheapest ive seen
  7. Board Supporter

1fast400 has 750 00 for 7.99, and has 750 0 listed as 7.99, but the bag of 0 I got had 1000 caps.
  8. New Member

shhh don't tell anyone intv
  9. Registered User

what machine r u using and r u guys using scales this is one thing i always wanted to learn how to do ..lol
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.

Originally posted by wojo
    what machine r u using and r u guys using scales this is one thing i always wanted to learn how to do ..lol

i use the capsule machine i posted back up a few posts.. also as far as measuring.. the 00's hold about 500mg each.. so for alcar and green tea extract i dont even measure i just fill the caps.. even if its over or under just slightly i dont see a big deal.. as for biotin and r-ala i set the caps up and just use the scoop bac gives to measure out the dose and scoop it into each cap individuallly.. its doesnt take very long at all..  i would get the 0 capsule machine.. but since i make 100mg r-ala caps i'd have to do this anyway since 0 is like 300mg i think... all in all it doesnt take much time and is way cheaper than buying the stuff precapped.. im also gonna add that Huperzine Vinpocetine mix bac sells.. ill let u guys know how it works out!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.

oh i forgot to mention 00 is about 500mg per cap only if you dont use the tamper piece that comes with the capsule machine.. if you use the tamper you can squeeze about 800mg or so into 1 cap..
  12. New Member

i'm gonna get that capsule machine to cap alcar, green tea, and ala in one pill !
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.

Originally posted by pinoy
    i'm gonna get that capsule machine to cap alcar, green tea, and ala in one pill !

that would work i guess.. only thing is since u dont have to measure out the alcar and green tea.. it would be a lot faster to just cap em seperatly.. since ala will be the only one you gotta actually dose each cap seperatly
  14. New Member

Unquenchable Thirst

Originally posted by tatortodd
    I like it well enough that I just bought another 60 days worth (LG this time!).

The only thing I'm doing different this time is:
    * Doubling ALCAR from 1.5g to 3.0g
    * Doubling Green Tea from 1.2g to 2.4g
    * Switching from 1.2 mg Biotin to 5mg Biotin

The only thing that I don't like is that my elbows are killing me. I think it's from taking 600mcg of Biotin twice daily so hoping that hopping on the 5mg cap once daily bandwagon will take care of it.

~Todd
    I just finished my first week at my new dosages.

Positive:
    Elbows already feel better.

Negative:
    I felt great the first few days, but Thursday night I started to feel insanely thirsty. I woke up in the middle of the night with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth (not normal for me), and despite drinking over 2 gallons of water per day (normally only drink 1-1/2 gallons per day) I felt dehydrated. There were no other changes to my dieting and supplementing. Any thoughts?

Personally, I'm suspecting the green tea so yesterday afternoon I went back to my old dosage, but no difference yet. Although, it's probably too soon to tell.

~Todd

How's your salt intake, meaning sodium/potassium? Add some sea salt to your foods, see if that helps.
  16. Senior Member

I think it might be the ALCAR...stuff always makes me more thirsty. Others have noticed the same at animal's.
  17. New Member

Today, I finally started feeling normal thirst levels again. The only change I've made (I eat a regular, boring diet) is going back to my old dosage of green tea (1 capsule 3 times daily plus a cup or two at work).

~Todd
  18. New Member

guys, got a qns to ask the pros here. as i am on low carb diet, basically the ala/r-ala will not be of much use as. therefore i would like to replace the ala/r-ala wif 7-keto. than i can also take out the biotin and put in 5-htp. but i noe that anti-ox of ala/r-ala will help negate the pro-ox of the alcar. therefore i wondering if the anti-ox of the green tea is enough for the alcar. correct me if i am wrg. thks
  19. Senior Member

I would always take ALA/R-ALA when taking Alcar.
  20. Senior Member

Like Ive said before...the MAIN function of ALA is its anti-ox abilities protecting against the pr-ox of ALCAR. Like WW I would be very cautious of using ALCAR without it. Simply use a lower dose on low carb days (400-500mg of r-ala) and you'll be fine. Also, ALA increases the efficacy of the ALCAR so....

From what research there is, ALA is simply an antioxydant in a class by itself. Interestingly, ALA just might help get someone in ketosis after the carb-up of a CKD. I know some people use insulin to that effect, which is quite dangerous.

Overall, I think ALA will be quite safe on a ketogenic diet. Its antioxydant properties are second to none.

Oh, BTW : I took Alcar, ALA and biotin for a month. Felt SOMETHING, but not a huge difference. Now, I've added the green tea for this month and I must say that the difference with only 3 caps a day is simply *HUGE*. MUST take the green tea.

Starting the 500mg L-Ornithine with a 500mg dose of alcar at bedtime tonight. This is supposed to up GH production... I'll keep you all posted how it goes for me.
  23. Senior Member

For the last 3 weeks I've been taking alcar at 1.5-2 grams per day, 6 green tea capsules per day, mixing ala/r-ala with my carb meals at varying doses (ala usually at 500 gram per large carb meal and r-ala at 200-300 mg per meal), and biotin at 5mg a couple of times daily. I haven't started in on cla just yet, I've been saving it for anti fat accumulation purposes after a ph cycle I just embarked on, and right now use fish oil capsules at approx. 15 grams per day instead. Seeing as how it's been started that cla and efa's don't mix, I'll hold off on the cla for awhile. I take in 3 or 4 tablespoons of flax oil per day as well as it does wonders for my joints, another reason why I've held off on using CLA at this point.

I can't really say that I've noticed that much in the way of body composition effects up until this point that I can direcly attribute to the stack, but it would be difficult to know what the stack has done in that regard as I have gone from a quick two week cut while beginning the stack to bulking on a transdermal in the 3 weeks I've been on the stack. However I can say that I've noticed some nice effects otherwise which make the stack worthwhile.

I seem to need less sleep at night, generally after I've slept for 6.5 hours or so I'm well rested and ready to wake up, whereas before I tended to need 7.5 to 8 hours previously to achieve the same effect. My overall mood seems to have improved, and as the weeks go on I noticed my energy levels seem to be slowly improving as well, I'm not sure if the alcar effects are cumulative in some way, or if the stuff somehow builds up in your system over time, but it does appear that it's effects are growing stronger in myself as the days progress. Overall I'd give the stack a solid thumbs up.
  24. New Member

Originally posted by LunaHotel
    Oh, BTW : I took Alcar, ALA and biotin for a month. Felt SOMETHING, but not a huge difference. Now, I've added the green tea for this month and I must say that the difference with only 3 caps a day is simply *HUGE*. MUST take the green tea.

Starting the 500mg L-Ornithine with a 500mg dose of alcar at bedtime tonight. This is supposed to up GH production... I'll keep you all posted how it goes for me.
    well, i heard that some ppl need one mth b4 they start to see the result of the great anarchy stack. btw, green tea is too good and cheap to miss as part of the stack.
    Last edited by cashiertan; 08-13-2003 at 12:41 PM.
  25. New Member

yoz guys,

got a question. i read that the r-ala is heat sensitive thus it need to be kept cool to maintain its potency. therefore my problem arise. i want to order the r-als from legalgear.com but as my order is an international one which will take 4-14 days delivery, will it cause it to become ineffective? also my country is tropical, which means my country is hot, hot and humid. wonder anyone can help?
  26. New Member

WW7,

You were saying that might be getting some new CLA with high % then the NOW brand. Any word on that?
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.

i just wanted to mention i bought all my stuff from BAC besides the capsule machine.. and green tea is way too much of a pain to cap.. it doesnt like to spread evenly without sticking to everything .. it stains and makes a big mess.. besides that everything else is easy to cap.. ALCAR seems to like to clump together but breaks apart easy.. so i think from now on ill buy my green tea pre capped hehe.. oh also as its hard to dose things out like for r-ala getting 100mg into a cap is a pain.. whish i had a mini funnel or something.. i tried taking the r-ala in some juice.. nasty stuff heh..
  28. Board Supporter

update

So how's everybody doing on alcar/anarchy stack? I've been on 4 weeks and decided to post an update. I've been taking 3-4 gm alcar; 400-600 mg R-ALA; 2-3 gm GT; 3-5 mg biotin ED. I feel better than I have in a LONG time. I've got a pretty constant supply of energy, and my endurance is through the roof. My mood is great too, I just don't seem to get as irritable as I normally would. I've been sleeping like a log*.

I've been cutting and I really haven't changed my diet in since I started the stack. Calories are down by 500/day, and I eat pretty clean, low GI carbs, etc. I'm doing a 3 day split, and cardio 3 times/week. My weight has been stuck around 170 since before I started, so I was a little concerned that I've been stalled. I don't like measuring myself, I usually just go by how I look, but I'll break the tape out every once in a while. The only thing I can see in the mirror is that my chest looks tighter and more defined, which is great. My wife commented that I'm definitely leaner and more muscular looking, so I broke the tape out. Turns out I've dropped an inch off of my waist since starting the stack, even though my weight hasn't changed! My arms are slightly larger, up by 1/4" R, and slightly more L. Chest is the same, but leaner, so hopefully it's less fat/more muscle. The funny thing is that I didn't even notice that I've been using one notch further on my belt - I had been using the 4th, now I'm on the 5th - I just tighten it and go. I checked it after I measured my waist and discovered the 'discrepancy'.

Honestly, even if I didn't see/measure any differences, I'd still be taking the stack. It just makes me feel that good.

*One side note I've got to mention - I've also been taking 500mg L-Ornithine right before bed. I still get good, hard sleep even if I don't take the Ornithine, but when I do, I definitely get sleepy faster and sleep even harder. I wake up refreshed, but I could still sleep longer if I had the time, like when I was younger. I rarely wake up in the middle of the night anymore. I think I'm getting good sleep from the stack, but it's enhanced by the Ornithine.

edit: I just posted this at bb.com too - people need to know how good this stack is!
    Last edited by intv; 08-18-2003 at 10:46 AM.
  29. New Member

hey guys...i just started the stack last week, and I gotta say...though, I'm really glad that everyone is doing wonderfully on it, I don't think that I am having the same effects. I am definitely not waking up refreshed and ready to start my day, first of all. I am not feeling much different, except for the occassional really good day. I actually don't have the extra motivation to go to the gym like 6 days a week like I used to. I only made it 4 times last week, and I didn't get all my stuff done. My stack includes: 2.5 g of ALCAR, 12.5 g of ALA, 5 GT tabs, 15 of CLA, 2 Biotin tabs. I eat 6 meals a day, and take 1 ALCAR and 1 GT before my morning workout. Something that I have noticed is that it makes me want to drink a TON of water, like 1 - 1 1/2 gallons a day!! Thats a lot for me. If anyone has any comments that would help, please let me know!!!
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  155 lbs.

12.5g of ala? wow thats way to much..  id say go with about 2-4g of ala and up your dosage of alcar to at least 5g a day.. for me it seems the alcar works the best out of these in improving my mood..
  31. New Member

doesnt have to be at least 5g a day of ALCAR IMO..i do just fine with 3g..but 12.5g of ALA is too much
  32. Senior Member

I do great on two grams of Alcar and yes, thats too much ALA. No reason to go above 8 grams or so.
  33. New Member

Ok, so maybe I calculated wrong. Let's make it 1.5 - 2 grams of ALA instead <sorry> And, for the ALCAR...I haven't heard it suggested to take 10 pills of ALCAR a day. That would be 2 for 4 meals and then 2 pre morning workout. That's ok?
  34. New Member

dudez,

i read through the threads but i find different ppl take the anarchy at different time. some take it before meal but some take it with meals and some after meals.

so which supp to take at wat time is the best and right time?

r-ala wif meals?
    alcar b4 meals?
    gt b4 meals?
    biotin wif meals?
    cla b4 meals?

pluz:
    7 keto: b4, wif or after meals?
    multivitamins: b4, wif or after meals?

thks dudez
  35. New Member

Re: Unquenchable Thirst

I just finished my first week at my new dosages.........

Negative:
    I felt great the first few days, but Thursday night I started to feel insanely thirsty. I woke up in the middle of the night with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth (not normal for me), and despite drinking over 2 gallons of water per day (normally only drink 1-1/2 gallons per day) I felt dehydrated. There were no other changes to my dieting and supplementing. Any thoughts?

Personally, I'm suspecting the green tea so yesterday afternoon I went back to my old dosage, but no difference yet. Although, it's probably too soon to tell.

~Todd
    Originally posted by Scottyo
    I think it might be the ALCAR...stuff always makes me more thirsty. Others have noticed the same at animal's.
    Today, I finally started feeling normal thirst levels again. The only change I've made (I eat a regular, boring diet) is going back to my old dosage of green tea (1 capsule 3 times daily plus a cup or two at work).

~Todd
    Scottyo, you were right. It was the ALCAR because the insane thirst levels came back again. However, this time I dropped back to my old ALCAR dosage and have been normal for nearly two weeks now.

~Todd
  36. New Member

I see everyone recommending to take ALA and R-ALA with meals yet it is unsubstantiated. Do some research and you'd find out that the glucose disposal effects of ALA only work in the presence of peroxidation (in larger amounts). You do the research from that point on and find out when it's best to take.
  37. Registered User

um u just made my eyes cross.."whut dat mean?"

I once took ALA without a meal. If you're not on a ketogenic diet, this will leave you weak as a newborn puppy.

Go ahead, try it. Just don't plan on doing ANYTHING for the next 3 hours or so... And while you're at it, take two caps, just to make sure you get the full effect. Pretty amazing, actually...
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
    I see everyone recommending to take ALA and R-ALA with meals yet it is unsubstantiated. Do some research and you'd find out that the glucose disposal effects of ALA only work in the presence of peroxidation (in larger amounts). You do the research from that point on and find out when it's best to take.
    Actually EBE, since you brought this up, why don't you enlighten us please??
  40. New Member

Alright, if you reply to my PM

ALA's glucose disposal properties only work in the presence of high peroxide levels due to peroxidation through high stress mitochondrial respiration.

Best take it only during high oxidation periods... exactly why it worked for diabetics, since they have high peroxide levels from innefficient mitochondria.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Wtf Is The Anarchy Stack!? I've Been Out Of The Loop:(
    By Blindfaith in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 05:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 09:28 AM
  3. to those on the anarchy stack ...
    By raybravo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 10:41 PM