Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here!

Page 10 of 32 First ... 89101112 ... Last

1. Wanted to gove a little update on my stack, as its the 5th week Im doing it.

I ran out of CLA, and my body composition has really seemed to suffer. I noticed it pretty quick, even though there was a zero change in diet and even an increase in cardio. I really think the CLA has some terrific reparitioning effects, and needless to say, this is going to be one of my staple supplements for some time to come.

I upped the dose of ALC from 500mg 3 times daily to 1 gram 3 times dialy, and muscle endurance is way up. I can crank out more reps on virtually every exercise, and cardio is getting musch easier since I did this as well.

Cant wait until I get some more CLA so I can get back to where I was asthetically wise. This stack is some good stuff.

2. Originally posted by custom
    Wanted to gove a little update on my stack, as its the 5th week Im doing it.

I ran out of CLA, and my body composition has really seemed to suffer. I noticed it pretty quick, even though there was a zero change in diet and even an increase in cardio. I really think the CLA has some terrific reparitioning effects, and needless to say, this is going to be one of my staple supplements for some time to come.

I upped the dose of ALC from 500mg 3 times daily to 1 gram 3 times dialy, and muscle endurance is way up. I can crank out more reps on virtually every exercise, and cardio is getting musch easier since I did this as well.

Cant wait until I get some more CLA so I can get back to where I was asthetically wise. This stack is some good stuff.
    likewise mate. I ran out of CLA about 6 weeks ago but I also added ALCAR at the same time so I didn't gain any but actually lost some fat!
    Which brand of CLA are you using bro? my 'instyncters' should be here any day now..

wojo,
    ala exists as an antioxidant inside the cell for ~ 9 hrs and I believe ALCAR is still present for weeks after use, which is why you can still "feel" the effects even on the days you dont supp with it.
    •   

3. Originally posted by custom
    Wanted to gove a little update on my stack, as its the 5th week Im doing it.

i noticed a similar experience when i first tried cla ..since then it hasnt seemed to work as well for me..personally i prefer 2 grams of alcar and up going for 5 after this t-1 cycle

4. For whoever asked, I was using BAC's CLA at 3 teaspoons (about 12 "active" grams) per day.

5. Good to get feedback on BAC's CLA...any problems with taste...quality, clumping etc?
    •   

6. I just got the 75g bulk ALCAR from 1fast. Hmmm...no scoop, no instructions. Any ideas how i can measure this stuff out for dosing?
    Last edited by dodgy; 06-29-2003 at 02:07 PM.

7. Originally posted by dodgy
    I just got the 75g bulk ALCAR from 1fast. Hmmm...scoop, no instructions. Any ideas how i can measure this stuff out for dosing?
    Sure. 1/4 level teaspoon ~ 500 mg.

-RM

8. Originally posted by Scottyo
    Good to get feedback on BAC's CLA...any problems with taste...quality, clumping etc?
    For taste, it just has the usual chalk-like taste, but its not bad at all. As for mixing, it will not mix with a spoon, so I just dumped a teaspoon in with my protein shake and hit the mix button on my little portable power mixer. works fine.

9. Originally posted by RM BiggaFigga

Sure. 1/4 level teaspoon ~ 500 mg.

-RM
    thanks

eeeeyyaaahhhh!! This stuff is sour! mix w/ juice or tea *not* coffee!
    Last edited by dodgy; 06-29-2003 at 05:14 PM.

10. thats very kool..gotta checkout 1fast..mix it with oj or gatorade

11. I'm still chugging along on the Anarchy Stack and TKD. The scale hasn't moved the past two weeks, but my bfp has dropped 2 points. I'm definitely looking leaner and more vascular. Also, the old ego got a boost this week when somebody asked me if my arms were getting bigger.

I'm considering adding a yohimbine transdermal to speed along the process on the upper abs (already showing some definition) and start the process on the lower abs.

~Todd

12. While I am a fan of 1fast....BAC's alcar is still cheaper per gram. Also thinking of adding rhodiola in the mix and possibly chocamine, anyone with experience from either?

13. I have been using Diesel Fuel and ENP they both have rhodiola in it. I just started with my alcar last week. Ill let you know how it does.

14. Also using BAC's ALC, which you basically get 25 grams for free over 1fast. No complaints on the stuff.

15. Originally posted by Scottyo
    While I am a fan of 1fast....BAC's alcar is still cheaper per gram. Also thinking of adding rhodiola in the mix and possibly chocamine, anyone with experience from either?
    whats the rhodiola for? wjhat is chocamine?..been out of the loop actually away right now typing this

16. Rhodiola:
    Rhodiola, aka Golden Root or Arctic Root, is our favorite adaptogen that has been shown to raise oxygen partition in arteries and blood saturation level and to lower blood viscosity while enhancing peripheral circulation. It improved total circulation, oxygen uptake and nutrient transport to the tissues while preventing hypoxy-related free radical generation. It has improved performance of athletes and those in high altitudes (such as climbing Mt. Everest without oxygen!) 89% of athletes in a study showed increased strength & speed in a variety of sports during periods of peak physical stress. Clinical research with healthy subjects showed improvement in depression, hearing, learning & memory, recovery from exercise, muscle gain, fat loss, liver detoxification, tumor resistance, and sexual function with normalization of prostate in males, all with no toxicity reported. It helps normalize mood by maintaining optimal levels of serotonin and dopamine in the brain. No detrimental side effects were reported even at many times the recommended dose of 200-600mg per day. (From BAC)

Its an adaptogen similar to ginseng that increases blood flow and has very promising research for fatloss purposes and energy. Doesn't necessarily add synergy like ALA/ALCAR/CLA, but is being reported with good results. Has some solid science behind it on pubmed....ill dig up the articles I have when I get the time.

17. Chocamine: is a cocoa extract that has the taste, aroma, and health benefits of chocolate standardized to the stimulating, thermogenic, mood & performance enhancing ingredients including 12% theobromine, 8% caffeine, theophyline & PEA. Promotes energy, fat burning, suppresses appetite, improves performance, and is a sexual stimulant - especially for women. Many users report an euphoric feeling. It was an instant hit here at BAC. A recent study showed theobromine to be an effective cough suppressant. Dose is 500-1000mg (1/4-1/2tsp) 1-3x/day taken plain in water, sweetened with stevia or xylitol, with coffee for hi-powered mocha, or any way you can use chocolate. (BAC)

A substitute for chocolate with many reported positive benefits. A lot of the bros on animal's board are mixing it with unflavored isolates and loving it. THe caffeine and PEA are noticable stimulants, giving sustained energy. The PEA content alone is pretty significant. Not sure about studies here though.

18. Rhodiola seens very similar to vin in increasing blood flow(considering i have vascular probs in both arms might need to look more into it)
    the chocamione seems awesome drf may try it..thanx for the info scotty

19. wow i missed a lot more goin on in this thread....earlier this week one of my ALCAR caps opened in my vitamin container...so i took the powder...very very sour

i stacked it with UCP-1 for the past 2 weeks and have seen some pretty steady results.

Finally...great info scotty

20. know a lot of guys prefer the NOW brand as tonalin is priced rediculously high and every person i have read that tried kilosports cla(tonalin)
    Sorry to bother, but I can't decipher the last part of that sentence. Can you clarify? Are you saying that a lot of people use Kilosports CLA? Or that Kilosports is too expensive? Or that every person you know who has tried Kilosports CLA is dis/satisfied?

What brand of CLA and ALCAR does Beyond a Century sell?

Regards

21. kilosports claims to sell tonalin,but everyone that i have heard that used it has been very unsatisfied. sorry i write too fast for my own good sometimes

22. Your all geniuses, I need your help.

I shoot for a TV show in 24 hours. Elimidate Chicago. I've been dieting for a month, but my abs need to look better. I need to dry out!

Of course, I need to keep my arms and shoulders pumped, thats clearly where the dieting worked! lol

Any tips appreciated. water/ salt/supps tricks ect

sorry for the ot

JWest

23. Ya....I think I am going to try the rhodiola and chocamine myself soon. Both look promising and seem to be good for fatigue, something I need working 4 jobs.

Jwest, kind of late to be asking bro. Not sure you can do much with 24 hours. Id probably just pop an ECA as it dries me out, could use lemon juice, potassium, green tea, dandelion root all diuretics of sorts. Ldex or letro would be solid but need more then 24hrs to reduce any estrogenic water retention. Also carb and sodium loading/depleting works but usually you need at least 5-7 days. I would point you towards Swole's article on it, but its a little late for that.

24. Thanks, Wojo. I appreciate the knowledge!

25. this is definately going to be a permanent stack...love it
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Wtf Is The Anarchy Stack!? I've Been Out Of The Loop:(
    By Blindfaith in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 07:59 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 11:28 AM
  3. to those on the anarchy stack ...
    By raybravo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16