Advice..

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I have been out of the supp game for more then a few months, so I am hoping that the amazing minds here can help me out.
About three months ago I started doing BJJ. I try and go 3 to 4 days a week and this leaves me pretty banged up going head to head with guys in their mid 20s that outweigh me by sometimes 60lbs (I am 195, BTW). Now here is my question is there any supp out there that will help with recovery and strengthing joint and tendons? I have been using cissus at 6 caps a day for the last few weeks and it seems to be helping,but I was wondering if there was anything else out there.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I have been out of the supp game for more then a few months, so I am hoping that the amazing minds here can help me out.
About three months ago I started doing BJJ. I try and go 3 to 4 days a week and this leaves me pretty banged up going head to head with guys in their mid 20s that outweigh me by sometimes 60lbs (I am 195, BTW). Now here is my question is there any supp out there that will help with recovery and strengthing joint and tendons? I have been using cissus at 6 caps a day for the last few weeks and it seems to be helping,but I was wondering if there was anything else out there.
Cissus is one of the best ones out right now. For muscle recovery from resistance training BCAAs work great for me.

masternutt

Awards
If you haven't tried glucosamine and chondroitin give it a try it really helps my knees. I have chronic inflammation in my left knee and it helps that. Dont really know any other supps besides efa's that are good for both recovery and tendons and joints. You might want too really focus on a healthy diet and liver health also not weighing too much can help your knees, even muscle weight can be bad for your joints. What is BJJ if you dont mind me asking?

DoubleD2586

Awards
I, personally, would prefer glucosamine with a mixture of chondroiton ( I think that's how you spell it.) Usually you can come across some that have an equal distribution of each in one pill. Also, by taking the pill and crushing it up, it allows for quicker and better absorption. Please note, you need to be taking this stuff on a constant basis, every day, for a little bit before you will notice any change, but it will work. Hope this helps. Stay safe man.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Celadrin is another good one for joints and compliments Cissus quite well.

For overall recovery purposes, PGH really seems to help me recover faster and maintain lbm better even when I go off diet. Stacked with nettle root, it makes a good male anti-aging stack IMO.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Celadrin is another good one for joints and compliments Cissus quite well.

For overall recovery purposes, PGH really seems to help me recover faster and maintain lbm better even when I go off diet. Stacked with nettle root, it makes a good male anti-aging stack IMO.
I have nettle root or DS supp ATE. Have to look at PGH.

And BJJ=Brazilian Jiujitsu

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
What is pgh?
It's from Universal Kits, check out their forum and you'll find plenty of threads on it. Basically it's supposed to promote GH production and is available as a transdermal and a pain free oral. I don't know if it increased GH much if at all, but when I use it I sleep like a baby and recovery does seem quicker.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It certainly causes the trademark effects of low dose HGH use. I noticed that after taking a week off of it, that I dropped some water weight. sleep effects are great, improved mood, improved recovery and my skin has gotten just a tad smoother/tighter. I doubt it comes close to real HGH use, but it's still a bonus for us 30+ lifters.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
It certainly causes the trademark effects of low dose HGH use. I noticed that after taking a week off of it, that I dropped some water weight. sleep effects are great, improved mood, improved recovery and my skin has gotten just a tad smoother/tighter. I doubt it comes close to real HGH use, but it's still a bonus for us 30+ lifters.
Which is better PGH or PGHt?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Only done PGH so I can't compare, but the review for both seem about the same. I for one, am getting tired of pinning every night so I may switch to the PGHt in a month or two.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
My buddies train MMA and had the same problem. I prescribed 6 caps of cissus rx per day, (2 in the am, 2 pre workout, 2 with dinner) and also a EAA/BCAA like Excell, Purple WRAATH or Xtend twice per day. They have noticed a significant increase in recovery and decrease in skeletal stress. For the money, you may want to try it out. Most proven method of recovery ^^^ IMO

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Give it some time.
When I first started BJJ I was beat up and bruised after every class (3 a week), but I have found that as my technique has improved and my body has got used to it, I feel fine after class now.
Keep your diet healthy, lean meat, fresh veg etc and you should be fine.
Oh, by the way I am a 125lb female who is in a class of only males, the lightest of whom weighs 210lbs, so I know that feeling.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'd second (or third??) Celadrin. I love it. (Cissus RX didn't do much for me - but that's another topic.)

You might look into NeuroBalance by IBE to help with sleep/recovery. There are a few logs around here. YR seems to love it.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
I fight in MMA as well.

Aside from the previous suggestions, Cissus and Celadrin.... for the regeneration of cartilage, do yourself a favor and look into a product called GLC 2000. It incorporates four different delivery methods for glucosamine (2800mg per serving), and it also includes chondroiton sulfate(865mg per serving). The only thing that it is missing in this formula is MSM.

Inflammation is usually.... VERY well adressed with Grape Seed extract, Tumeric (Curcumin), Ester C, and Chicken Sternal Collogen Type II.

EFA's/fish oil and hyaluronic acid directly assist the lubrication of the joints and tendons.

Good luck and let us know what helped. :thumbsup:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone for your responses. I am going to have to look at some of these products.

And karategirl how long have you been doing BJJ, BTW?

And NO HYPE where do you fight out of?

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nearly a year now, I started to compliment my stand up style of fighting and was hooked pretty quickly.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
glucasamine is very good for joint problems its also good for the tendoms but it want help quickly it takes a good couple of months fish oils are also good if not essentail

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Along side all these other supps mentioned, you may want to look into SAM-e. It's kind of expensive, but it has worked great for my joints(nagging rotator no longer nags, and knees are creak free), not to mention the other benefits it has i.e. better mood, anti-ox effects.

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
You may want to look into Body Octane by MAN, I know a few guys who take it and do rugby/mma/footballand they swear by it.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Prld - I think Nutraplanet/Dsade were looking into bulk SAMe.

Let me go PM him to see where they are on that - because I'd love any help for my knees.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Bulk SAMe would be great, but it seems to be under lock and key for some reason.

Body Octane is killer..I mixed my own and used it for mountain climbing/field work. Really takes the edge off the lactic acid bath.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prld - I think Nutraplanet/Dsade were looking into bulk SAMe.

Let me go PM him to see where they are on that - because I'd love any help for my knees.
Definitely let me know what you find out jm. SAM-e has become a staple in my dietary supp list, it's pretty darn good. Hopefully, it isn't under so much restraint that dsade can't even source it. Have any idea why it would be Bio?.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Sade said it'd be in within a week - said the distributor (or whatever) was local.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to know...... now LCSULLA can try it out for some joint relief without breaking the wallet.:D

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to know.

LCSULLA if the price is right you should try it out.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
From what little I know about SAMe, it has a short shelf life if exposed to air. The stuff I was buying was in blister packs.