33 and want to get back on after a very long break. Need some advice

CammednBoosted

Awards
So some backstory.

From the ages of 22-27 I lifted religiously. During that span I ran 4 cycles. The first 2 were PH’s (Halodrol), the 3rd cycle was Test Cyp and the 4th was Test E w/ Anavar.

Both test cycles ran about 15 weeks and orals were around 6 weeks.

After my last cycle I came upon a profession that took away all of my time and mental focus, and I eventually stopped going to the gym completely.

Present day:

I’ve gained tons of fat and lost a good chunk of muscle.

I need to lose 40lbs of fat, and have been on a good caloric deficit for 4 weeks now, and have been lifting+cardio this same length of time.

I know exactly what I need to do diet wise and exercise wise, but I’m really starting to get the itch back and at this point I know I’m going to hop back on the bike. The question is when and what?

As my newb gains begin to wear off, I’m worried that I’m going to start losing a lot of muscle. I’m convinced I need some help with that, while still being motivated and maintaining some sort of strength as I near my target body fat percentage.

My body has always responded extremely well to orals, and in fact the Anavar for me both killed my appetite and gave me the hardness and vascularity I was looking for, while pushing me into the realm of having actual abs, serratus and delt striations for the first time in my life.

I say all this to ask you to give me recommendations for a light easy cycle that will allow me to ease back into this life without having to transport and consume a million different things a day. I’m looking for something that will promote my weight loss goals and maintain muscle within reason.

I’m also interested in non-anabolics recommendations as well.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Test is best. Longer, simple cycle that will help you recomp and maintain. Orals are more for short term aesthetics imo but have their place with the cost of health.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would recommend to stay off for a few more months and then start a Test/Anavar or Mast cycle. You body will respond better to the anabolics when lower in fat and you will be able to push harder when you’re in better shape.

I know it’s tempting to jump on right now to “speed it up” but the results will be better if you wait.