Creatine pick for summer..help?

Iron_Mutant

Iron_Mutant

Awards
I'm preparing a stack for this summer..im all set with everything except the creatine i want to take...im going for sheer size and raw power and strength. I'm debating whether I should get a creapure product or something like creatine nitrate. Any help/recommendations would be extremely helpful.

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
5g (maintenance) powdered monohydrate has always done the trick for me. I've gained the most weight with monohydrate. Once I get my APS creatine nitrate, I'm going to knock down the monohydrate to 2g. Noticed very little effect from creatine ethyl ester and krealkalyn. Just my experience.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'd also look into magnesium creatine chelate by SNS. Many experience less bloating and decreased time to saturation while on MCC.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I'd also look into magnesium creatine chelate by SNS. Many experience less bloating and decreased time to saturation while on MCC.
I love MCC as well. VERY good Creatine choice IMO.

Get Mono. Proven and years of studies and background.
Yep, can't go wrong with Creatine Mono (or Creapure) either. I'll eventually get around to trying the Nitrate version, but that price tag is just stupid for a creatine.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mono has the great history behind it

Nitrate is the latest, hottest creatine product on the market

Im sure you can find logs on both of these and make a decision. good luck

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or you can just say that Mono has years of proven research proving its safety and results. Nitrate doesn't and is a fad supplement that provides nothing more than pumps and can cause dangerously low blood pressure if too much is taken.

khiladi

khiladi

Awards
I am loving the SAN CM2 Nitrate, contains CN, Beta-Alanine and di-L-Arginine L-Malate. Very economical as well.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I respond best to tri-malate! So, thats what i use.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I vote for good old mono. The biggest complaint is bloating and if this is an issue, then try one of the others. Based on the goals you stated, I say mono though.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatrate or creatine nitrate as it is formally called is safe, it is mono with nitrates or if you get APS it is di-creatine malate. All the haters, T-bone, you are becoming broken records. How about you give it a rest, let people make up their own damn minds.

OP, I say pick up some bulk creatine nitrate and give it a shot. Some very trusted members are giving it rave reviews; that is worth more than the million studies the haters reference but have NEVER read (be sure of that).

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm just giving my opinion when someone asks. Just like all the APS reps give there "opinion" about CN.
Reps... THERE IS ONE REP for APS, JudgmentDay. Dude, you can't even make your point without being wrong, epic fail.

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
Creatrate or creatine nitrate as it is formally called is safe, it is mono with nitrates or if you get APS it is di-creatine malate. All the haters, T-bone, you are becoming broken records. How about you give it a rest, let people make up their own damn minds.

^ this

OP, I say pick up some bulk creatine nitrate and give it a shot. Some very trusted members are giving it rave reviews; that is worth more than the million studies the haters reference but have NEVER read (be sure of that).

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you guys are going to laugh at me, but i like CEE
If it works for you, then it works:) . I personally like tbone's blunt opinions and have yet to see solid evidence that any extra group added to creatine helps make it a better product, whether it be EE or nitrate or whatever. As with any product, one will work great for one individual and another will do jack **** or have horrible sides for another.

Bodybuilding in general is a lot of personal experimentation. That goes for lifting routines and supplements.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it works for you, then it works:) . I personally like tbone's blunt opinions and have yet to see solid evidence that any extra group added to creatine helps make it a better product, whether it be EE or nitrate or whatever. As with any product, one will work great for one individual and another will do jack **** or have horrible sides for another.

Bodybuilding in general is a lot of personal experimentation. That goes for lifting routines and supplements.
exactly. every person is going to experience it differently.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reps... THERE IS ONE REP for APS, JudgmentDay. Dude, you can't even make your point without being wrong, epic fail.
All the guy does is hate on APS lol If he is saying Creatine Nitrate will only cause pumps and low blood pressure then it shows how much he knows....

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All the guy does is hate on APS lol If he is saying Creatine Nitrate will only cause pumps and low blood pressure then it shows how much he knows....
Do you guys have any numbers on how much more soluble creatine nitrate is to monohydrate? I'm just curious what the big difference is.

Also, is the idea that the creatine will break off and do its thing and the nitrate will convert to NO and do its thing? That is what it sounds like in the description, but the nitrate pathway doesn't seem as effective as arginine.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you guys have any numbers on how much more soluble creatine nitrate is to monohydrate? I'm just curious what the big difference is.

Also, is the idea that the creatine will break off and do its thing and the nitrate will convert to NO and do its thing? That is what it sounds like in the description, but the nitrate pathway doesn't seem as effective as arginine.
According to a UCLA study, Creatine Nitrate is 1000% more water soluble than Creatine Mono.

I believe Creatine Nitrate will increase nitric oxide more then arginine, maybe if arginine is used through IV, but If your used to taking an arginine and creatine mono, creatine nitrate will blow you away. The pumps, endurance, strength and overall athletic performance will be increased much more then Creatine mono and arginine.

The logs on Creatine Nitrate have been simply amazing, a few of the loggers were comparing to PH like gains, which sounds crazy but CN is the best natural product I've ever used, you won't be disappointed.

Here are some logs if you want to check them out.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/167694-aps-mesomorph-nitrozine.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/165534-volcoms-creatine-nitrate.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164485-big-beazy-aps.html#post2659096

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164730-aps-creatine-nitrate.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164787-midwestbeast-goes-into.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164978-aps-creatine-nitrate.html#post2667673

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/165835-aps-creatine-nitrate.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/166654-bludevils-plasmagen-creatine.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/167678-otang-goes-aps.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/171243-aps-creatine-nitrate.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/170301-aps-creatine-nitrate.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/aps-nutrition/165857-creatine-nitrate-pump.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/aps-nutrition/167376-volcoms-creatine-nitrate.html

Iron_Mutant

Iron_Mutant

Awards
Thanks for all the replies guys...I would just like to say that I am against taking straight mono due to the fact that it adds water weight. i dislike water weight and would like to see how big i actually am rather than how big the water can make me look. and R1balla, no laughs, i used EE for several months and like it a lot..now im using kre-alkalyn and see great gains off of that. everyone responds differently to the creatines...i most likely will try nitrate because i have heard a lot of good stuff about it. so thanks for all the replies everyone :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just from a personal preference, Mono and CEE have never done anything for me. DCM has been the best for me thus far, but I have yet to try CN, which is on the agenda shortly.

To the op, you need to try a little bit of all the different types and see what works for you, as everyone is different

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
According to a UCLA study, Creatine Nitrate is 1000% more water soluble than Creatine Mono.

I believe Creatine Nitrate will increase nitric oxide more then arginine, maybe if arginine is used through IV, but If your used to taking an arginine and creatine mono, creatine nitrate will blow you away. The pumps, endurance, strength and overall athletic performance will be increased much more then Creatine mono and arginine.
I don't understand why people keep claiming that arginine only works if used I.V.

Here is one of many showing the effect both I.V. and orally:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9833603

Of course the I.V. increase is greater than the oral, but the oral is still significant.

Now that isn't to say the nitrate isn't better, but I haven't seen a study yet that shows that the nitrate to nitrite to NO pathway is more effective or effecient than the arginine to NO pathway. Under normal biological conditions, arginine converts to NO through the NOS enzyme (which does not break down NO as some product sites still claim despite my emails cough cough lol).

Also, was that UCLA study published or do you at least have their findings? I'm not trying to be a **** or pick on you. Your product could very well be all it claims to be and more, but most of us on here like to see numbers behind claims. Otherwise I may just go to GNC and buy whatever protein Ronny or Cutler are blindly advertising for these days lol.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for all the replies guys...I would just like to say that I am against taking straight mono due to the fact that it adds water weight. i dislike water weight and would like to see how big i actually am rather than how big the water can make me look. and R1balla, no laughs, i used EE for several months and like it a lot..now im using kre-alkalyn and see great gains off of that. everyone responds differently to the creatines...i most likely will try nitrate because i have heard a lot of good stuff about it. so thanks for all the replies everyone :)
Sounds like a great plan. I saw that you were going for sheer size in the original post which is why I said mono, but yes, for some it bloats them up like a balloon. The nitrate or the one you are using now may help avoid that. Good luck!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't understand why people keep claiming that arginine only works if used I.V.

Here is one of many showing the effect both I.V. and orally:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9833603

Of course the I.V. increase is greater than the oral, but the oral is still significant.

Now that isn't to say the nitrate isn't better, but I haven't seen a study yet that shows that the nitrate to nitrite to NO pathway is more effective or effecient than the arginine to NO pathway. Under normal biological conditions, arginine converts to NO through the NOS enzyme (which does not break down NO as some product sites still claim despite my emails cough cough lol).

Also, was that UCLA study published or do you at least have their findings? I'm not trying to be a **** or pick on you. Your product could very well be all it claims to be and more, but most of us on here like to see numbers behind claims. Otherwise I may just go to GNC and buy whatever protein Ronny or Cutler are blindly advertising for these days lol.

Check this out it's a pretty good read, http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?458618-L-Arginine-doesnt-increase-NO-production-Nitrates-do.&p=5501007#post5501007

Here is a study showing how much more soluble CN is over other creatines, http://www.premiumingredients.com/ingredients/documents/TechnicalSummary-CreatrateClinicalStudies_002.pdf

Not sure if you have tried GPLC yet, but they have some studies showing it had better effects in performance then agrinine and showed to increase N.O levels as much as dosing 30g's of arginine.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Check this out it's a pretty good read, http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?458618-L-Arginine-doesnt-increase-NO-production-Nitrates-do.&p=5501007#post5501007

Here is a study showing how much more soluble CN is over other creatines, http://www.premiumingredients.com/ingredients/documents/TechnicalSummary-CreatrateClinicalStudies_002.pdf

Not sure if you have tried GPLC yet, but they have some studies showing it had better effects in performance then agrinine and showed to increase N.O levels as much as dosing 30g's of arginine.
The first set of articles, or at least the first article, make a good case for argingine doing nothing significant. Unfortunately in science, I can find a dozen articles on both sides of pretty much any argument. It's pretty frustrating. The second set of articles doesn't make the case for nitrates at all. In fact, one is solely about the arginine pathway since they used L-NAME (i.e. a NOS inhibitor that I use all the time). We'll just have to agree to diagree on this or it will go on forever :) But if you want to send a sample my way, I'll gladly run it and give you my honest opinion.

And thank you for the solubility study. It does show a significant increase in solubility over monohydrate which is a big plus!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The first set of articles, or at least the first article, make a good case for argingine doing nothing significant. Unfortunately in science, I can find a dozen articles on both sides of pretty much any argument. It's pretty frustrating. The second set of articles doesn't make the case for nitrates at all. In fact, one is solely about the arginine pathway since they used L-NAME (i.e. a NOS inhibitor that I use all the time). We'll just have to agree to diagree on this or it will go on forever :) But if you want to send a sample my way, I'll gladly run it and give you my honest opinion.

And thank you for the solubility study. It does show a significant increase in solubility over monohydrate which is a big plus!
I would like to get this guys opinion on CN. If JD doesn't send you any I will.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to get this guys opinion on CN. If JD doesn't send you any I will.
Hey while your at it send some my way too :poke:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

There is only a couple studies that I am aware of, this CN is fairly new I believe and is catching steam and I expect lots more studies will come in the near future

As for the pathways I believe you are correct. What the CN does is separates and works independently, what makes the creatine more effective is the increased NO in the blood.

I was reading the patent info on CN earlier today and there was some talk about arginine but I don't remember fully to what extent.

From personal experience with creatine nitrate, specifically APS creatine nitrate, it is incredible! But again this is my experience with it (along with MANY others) and I agree 100% there isn't any one ultimate diet, training, or supplement. Only way to know for sure what works for you is to just try it

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will add that I love that APS doesn't include caffeine in their product. I get that companies want to give you that jolt of energy with caffeine and the increased blood flow with NO, but combining a vasodilator (NO) with a vasoconstrictor (caffeine) makes my head want to explode.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I really wish I could do some more sponsored logs but I already picked a bunch of logs last week and went over the limit a bit. After the Testalensis logs we will be looking for some loggers when we do our Fat Burner promo. If you follow us on twitter and facebook you we give away free products every month.

Pm on the way.

reconstructn

Awards
I will add that I love that APS doesn't include caffeine in their product. I get that companies want to give you that jolt of energy with caffeine and the increased blood flow with NO, but combining a vasodilator (NO) with a vasoconstrictor (caffeine) makes my head want to explode.
+1

Concentrated Caffeine kills my blood ph and makes me hyperventilate. When the blood vessels in the brain start constricting...out you go. Thinking im going to pick up a bottle of San or APS, I respond well to Kre-Alk and bloat like a fish with CM