Creatine for idiots...

MorningMetal

Awards
OK, i'm making this post, because i'm so sick and tired of hearing people at work, at the gym, and even on forums talk about and use creatine as if it were a mass gaining supplement.

CREATINE IS NOT A MASS BUILDER.
Repeat:
CREATINE IS NOT A MASS BUILDER

Creatine is a strength and endurance supplement. The only reason creatine builds mass the way it does is because it allows people to push themselves harder and longer in the gym.
When creatine is combined with sugar, pyruvate, ALA, and other insulin potentiating/sensitizing compounds, it helps drive the creatine into the muscle belly, and increases water retention. The "mass" you get from your Cell-Tech and Size-On alone isn't real, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if these sugar-creatine blends didn't induce some form of diabetes after a while. It is for strength and endurance, NOT mass.

P.S.- I know that most people on AM are aware of this commonly-known fact, but for the 17 year old who wants to juice, and who spends his mcdonalds paycheck at GNC on Cell-Tech, this is for you.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
creatine -----> increase strength/endurance ----> harder workouts -----> adaptation through increased muscle growth.

so indirectly.....yes, creatine is a mass builder. numerous studies have shown this.

MorningMetal

Awards
I know that indirectly, creatine does assist in building mass, but through increased muscle activity, not protein synthesis or increased hormone expression. It in itself is not a mass builder.

The people i'm referring to are the people who drink a Cell-Tech shake after a workout, and skimp on the protein. The people who think that creatine is a suitable replacement for protein.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
just about any supplement that increase strength and endurance helps build mass, i agree with Hank V.:boobies:

EDIT: wohwohwoh creatine as a protein substitute!!?? absolutely not!!! i drink em together post workout, first protein, as thats the most important, then i sip away at half a serving of green mag....as i have half a serving pre workout :D thats how i do it!

i didnt get what you were try to say at the first post....

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
creatine -----> increase strength/endurance ----> harder workouts -----> adaptation through increased muscle growth.

so indirectly.....yes, creatine is a mass builder. numerous studies have shown this.
LOL...probably the most popular one at that!

MorningMetal

Awards
Ok, let me revise my statement here. Creatine allows for harder workouts, and thus assists in building mass. Yes, I couldn't agree more. What i'm saying is: Creatine by itself does not potentiate muscle growth. You could say the same about protein, but protein supplements have the macronutrients to replenish and repair the body, inducing mass, whereas creatine does not. There are people who use creatine and creatine ALONE to get their size, and that's completely retarded.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Hank, Supplementing with CM provides energy and helps with mass, pertaining that the "mass" is cellular fluid, and in the long run helps gain mass.....why are we discussing something that's is probably the most discussed topic on everyboard known to man, not to mention the infinite studies that have been conducted.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
creatine is actually best used as a cover for steroid use.

"how did you add 20lbs of muscle in only one month?"
"ummm.....i've been using creatine"

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Creatine works best combined with whey and glutamine. This diabetes comment concerns me as I read a similar statement some years ago. I have used it (cycled) regularly for over a decade. Im not diabetic and I sure as hell dont want to be. Anyone else have any comments regarding this diabetes thing?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
creatine is actually best used as a cover for steroid use.

"how did you add those 20lbs of muscle in only one month?"
"ummm.....i've been using creatine"
Whats that white powder on your nose?

Creatine.

Nacho1545

Awards
:werd:

I get what you saying about protein by itself also.. You need all the other good stuff too.. IE: Protein etc...

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
This diabetes comment concerns me as I read a similar statement some years ago. I have used it (cycled) regularly for over a decade. Im not diabetic and I sure as hell dont want to be. Anyone else have any comments regarding this diabetes thing?
two ways to get diabetes.
1. genetically predisposed.
2. consistent trashing of your blood sugar

and when i say 'consistent trashing', it typically takes years of abusive eating habits to develop -- think obese crap eaters.

if you are relatively healthy/lean and use celltech once a day....your body can handle it like it can handle an ice cream cone.

MorningMetal

Awards
This thread was pretty stupid, yeah, but I got into a discussion with this 17 year old kid at the gym who was buying CellMass, which I used to use, and I asked him what protein he used, because I also used to use Syntha-6(before I discovered the wonderful trueprotein.com) and he said he didn't use any. I asked him if he ate a lot of lean protein, and he said not really. He had just heard people getting "huge" from CellMass, and he'd used other creatines in the past that got him good results. I just shook my head and told him to start taking protein, or eating lean protein if he wanted to get any results from lifting. Just ranting I guess.

In regards to diabetes, I was referring more specifically to Cell-Tech, and it's 75 grams of "laboratory-grade dextrose." Dextrose has a lower GI than glucose or fructose, but it's still sugar, and still initiates an insulin response, and a large one at that. The 'loading' phase of cell-tech requires 2 servings per day. That's 150 grams of "sugar" per day just from Cell-Tech. Long term use would more than likely result in diabetes.

CEE, and other newer forms of creatine that don't require in insulin response have no bearing on your blood sugar. Don't worry about that.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
I understand what you are trying to get at MorningMetal. The creatine isn't a nutrient for muscle gain, but a tool to induce muscle gain from other nutrients.

Lol about the steroid coverup.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
P.S.- I know that most people on AM are aware of this commonly-known fact, but for the 17 year old who wants to juice, and who spends his mcdonalds paycheck at GNC on Cell-Tech, this is for you.
1) LMAO!

2) Why would I want to juice? Becuase of my name "RoidRage"? Its an old nickname, brah.

3) Yes, I spent my "McDonalds" paycehck [that matters?] on cell-tech becuase it was on sale at LTN, not GNC. Gotta work somewhere and if it ends up being McDonalds than so be it.

4) Read my log, I dont want to gain mass. I said I want STRENGTH and I wouldn't mind losing a bit of fat and maybe a few lbs of mucle.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) LMAO!

2) Why would I want to juice? Becuase of my name "RoidRage"? Its an old nickname, brah.

3) Yes, I spent my "McDonalds" paycehck [that matters?] on cell-tech becuase it was on sale at LTN, not GNC. Gotta work somewhere and if it ends up being McDonalds than so be it.

4) Read my log, I dont want to gain mass. I said I want STRENGTH and I wouldn't mind losing a bit of fat and maybe a few lbs of mucle.

Did I miss something?

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Did I miss something?
It sounds like hes talking about me [sort of?]..

I missed the post where he was talking about the kid at the gym though...

I think I am a tad bit off.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It sounds like hes talking about me [sort of?]..

I missed the post where he was talking about the kid at the gym though...

I think I am a tad bit off.
:laugh2:

MorningMetal

Awards
No.. wasn't talking about you...:261: although I would lay off the cell-tech, because I highly doubt you'll keep your gains, and I wouldn't trust muscletech for ANY supplement.. Only muscletech would put creatine monohydrate in a MULTIVITAMIN... That's ****in ridiculous.

Used to use Size-On along with SP250, and it DID work well for me, but I don't really like to use powders anymore,(except protein of course). Now i substituted them both for nitric fuel by twinlabs. I always thought of twinlabs as cheap, wal-mart supplements, but this is actually working very well. I'm surprised.

MorningMetal

Awards
BTW, has anyone ever used this supplement called Hyper-gain? Saw an ad for it as I was about to make my post, and all it did was make me laugh. What a bullshit product.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
No.. wasn't talking about you...:261: although I would lay off the cell-tech, because I highly doubt you'll keep your gains, and I wouldn't trust muscletech for ANY supplement.. Only muscletech would put creatine monohydrate in a MULTIVITAMIN... That's ****in ridiculous.

Used to use Size-On along with SP250, and it DID work well for me, but I don't really like to use powders anymore,(except protein of course). Now i substituted them both for nitric fuel by twinlabs. I always thought of twinlabs as cheap, wal-mart supplements, but this is actually working very well. I'm surprised.
I had a sample of size-on. I gave it a try, it was the grape flavour...worst tasting crap i've ever tried! :dance:

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah, every one was sayin it tasted awesome and i bought a jug and threw up in my mouth......f*ckin gross :rasp: