College Football

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.

What you canes fans don't understand is that penalties are part of the game and subjective. When I watch it, I see a good call, when you watch it you don't. There were plenty of bad calls against OSU, it goes both ways. Any coach, player will tell you the refs don't win or lose games for you. Did the refs stop miami on they're last drive? Did the refs score the Bucks points? Was that the only play of the game? Miami had at least 60 minutes to prove that they were the better team and DIDN'T. Period. You are right that we don't get many titles in Ohio. But at least we can take losing like men and give props where they're due. ****, we don't talk about winning that game as much as I hear canes fans whining about losing it, and we haven't had any major title in ohio IN MY LIFETIME. The canes lost a game to a team that wasn't even supposed to make it close, **** I'D be proud of that. Come talk to ME when canes fans can be men enough to lose a game and not cry about it for the next to years. Oh and one more thing- SCOREBOARD.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.

Being an avid Jim Rome listener, I've grown sick of this argument for every time Skip Balis has filled in for Rome during the past 2 years. *thwackthwack* dead horse *thwack thwack*

Jarhead, 1990 Reds
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.

Yeah, I know, you're right Binge. But it's football season! The blood starts to boil! BTW- Romies next tour stop-I'm sure you've heard-CLEVELAND!!!
    Oh yeah, the Reds. I'm up by Cleveland though, so they're like the Bengals to me.UM Besides that was before my time, I'm only 8 years old.
    •   

4. Registered User

jarhead,

I know many OSU fans and not one has been adamant in the fact that they earned that win. You could keep going on with this senseless dribble, but rather than read it, Id prefer to wipe my ass with it.

I have two words for you...SWEATER VEST. Tressel is such a ***.

On another note, it looks like monday night is going to be postponed to the 12th. ****ing Frances!!!!!!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers
    jarhead,

I know many OSU fans and not one has been adamant in the fact that they earned that win. You could keep going on with this senseless dribble, but rather than read it, Id prefer to wipe my ass with it.

I have two words for you...SWEATER VEST. Tressel is such a ***.

On another note, it looks like monday night is going to be postponed to the 12th. ****ing Frances!!!!!!
    Hmmm....an ass reference, a fashion critique, and gaydar all in one post?!What are you trying to tell us Brock? Not that there's anything wrong with that!
    Look, I didn't bring this **** up, but as "an adamant OSU" fan of course I'm gonna pipe in. Besides you canes fans at least can take pleasure in the fact that now me and alot of bucks fans are gonna have to cheer for Winslow. And Butch. And Little and....

P.S. Sweater vests are cool. Don't be a hater.
  6. Superman

Tonight baby its on...Go Aggies!!!!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.

Thanks for the Big Ten love Drone! When a wolverine sticks up for the bucks, you know that's an unbiased opinion! The Big 10 gets no respect, which is sad considering it's home to the biggest *****ry in all of sports. How do you see the conference playing out this year? I'm a little worried about OSU. I think the D will be there, but the whole qb thing reminds me of another Jackson/Germaine scenario. They named zwick the starter but troy smith is right there if not better. Beyond that, I don't see anyone other than Mich or Osu winning the conf.
  8. Registered User

Thank you Utah with an easy cover.
    If I keep going at this rate, it is going to be a nice year.
  9. Superman

****in Utah....damn we suck...
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Yeah ! Cal covered me real well, didn't have to sweat the 56-14 ass whupping.

BTW, Notre Dame looks like ****.

P.S. LSU needs to get their **** together before the Dawgs pound the hell out of them
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Yeah ! Cal covered me real well, didn't have to sweat the 56-14 ass whupping.
    NO!!! Cal cost me. I thought air force would cover, I was dead wrong.
    However, I won on Wyoming, Rutgers, and Wake Forest.

LSU looked horrible. They got lucky, but I thought Oregon State got lucky too. LSU dropped 4 interceptions in the first half.
  12. Running with the Big Boys

Bama looked pretty good tonight.. just got home from Tuscaloosa.. for a bunch of true freshmen and sophmores led by a junior that was injured last year.. I thought they did great..
  13. Registered User

Boise State piled it on big today also(65-7). I liked that game but giving 31.5 points is alot for a for an opening game. However, when Boise is at home on the blue turf they tend to cover the spread no matter how big it is. I am now kicking myself.

MattD........Bama looked good but played Utah State, crap team. Should be fun to see them take on OleMiss next week.
  14. Running with the Big Boys

Ole Miss got the **** kicked out of them this week... so we will see.. I did say I thought it was a good FIRST game.. 48-17 was not bad in my book.. didn't see as many mental breakdowns as I have seen in the past.. and it is a building thing for us.. **** we don't have anything but true freshmen at most of the major positions on defense...
  15. Registered User

If anybody here judges LSU on tonights game i feel sorry for ya.That was garbage,rain **** game.It helped osu extremely,plus we dropped all the ints.A normal field and that game is a massacre,we all know that.But with that said randall wont make it at qb,he is done,its all jamarcus russel now and i guarantee you he wont lose but 1 game maybe,2 if the defense falls apart.He will light it up guys,get ready.LSU by 17 over dawgs...
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

lol osu's kicker must be on suicide watch as we speak. I thought if he had any type of sharp object near him within 10 minutes of that ot missed extra point he would have definatley killed himself.
  17. Registered User

on one of espn's InGame highlight showing the LSU-Beavers game, Trev Albert was caught yelling, "what is he mad about?" in the studio when they showed the OSU kicker throwing a fit after his miss.... That made me laugh out loud. Damn right. Albert is a solid commentator.
    Sage
  18. Registered User

Too late to get in on this sweet action?

I think it's Georgia's year. Danny Ware looks like he's going to be just as good as Lumpkin. It's going to be scary if Lumpkin can rehab that knee and come back next year and join Ware in the backfield. UGA's got a really nice D. And Greene, of course.

I guess my Vols are going to have to take one on the chin for this to happen, but it ain't even started, baby. Gotta love the guts to start a freshman at QB.
  19. Registered User

Tregv hates LSU badly.I dont know why.He is a usc/nebraska homer.As for uga,lol,you mean the team that gave up 28 points to a division 2 team that went 7-4 last year and cant throw the ball?That georgia? LSU's new qb is so damn good its gonna be scary. LSU 35 uga 14
  20. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DUFF
    LSU's new qb is so damn good its gonna be scary. LSU 35 uga 14
    I wish you were a capper, lol.

UGA is solid. If you can't admit that then you are being blinded by Tiger loyalty. I like LSU but they looked horrible and blaimng it on conditions is not a good excuse. OSU played in the same conditions. LSU also, just as last year, needs to get place kicking resolved.
  21. Registered User

Yes size uga is solid,the d isnt.And if you knew anything about football u would know that rain favors the underdog and ESPECIALLY the passing team"osu" .And that is excactly what happened.The announcers even said it 30 times.You know its true,everybody on earth knows its true.Besides that,what if we didnt fumble kickoff and give them td,and didnt drop those 6 int's and miss 2 fg's ourself huh?Can you say blowout massacre??And on top of that,the last missed extra point,did u not see why he shanked it?A couple big dl's and d b's in the air to block it so he shanked.But yes our senior qb sucks,j russell is the man.He will totally own the sec,write it down.They will hammer auburn then uga then florida. I know it sounds like excuses which it is really,but i be damned if they arent 100 percet true excuses!!
  22. Registered User

Yes size uga is solid,the d isnt.And if you knew anything about football u would know that rain favors the underdog and ESPECIALLY the passing team"osu" .And that is excactly what happened.The announcers even said it 30 times.
    Funny thing is, I know "nothing" about football as you seem to believe, but at least I do not make the general claim that "rain favors the underdog". How does this work exactly, does rain make favored teams melt and underdogs grow like weeds?

You obviously are a die hard LSU fan. Rain certainly slowed down LSU's defense which is very fast. But do you want to blame the rain on the bad passing, running and kicking game? The rain fell on the OSU players same as the LSU players. Claiming "what if that" and "what if this" is pointless. Oregon State out played LSU. You may disagree, but LSU dropped in the AP to #6.

I think LSU is a good team and I am disappointed by the Tigers offensive performance. The defense is still solid, and I hope they can put it all together b/c it makes the SEC great to watch. Next week, LSU is going to give Arkansas State a beating so you will have lots to cheer about.
    Last edited by size; 09-05-2004 at 07:38 PM.
  23. Registered User

Missouri Tigers: National Champion
    Brad Smith: Heisman Trophy Winner

nuff said
  24. Running with the Big Boys

Foxx.. you need to lay off the dope.. jking.. but serious.. Misouri..
    LSU was out played from what I have read, didn't see the game but rain should not really play that big of a factor in the overall way that things are executed on the field.. granted you will have to run more than pass but you should be expecting something like this in Baton Rouge during hurricane season..
  25. Registered User

Sup size.Maybe you didnt read all of my post.Yes i said rain affects the favorite which it does slightly,but more than that it helps the passing team extremely,and i mean "EXTREMELY"!!The db's have to play 10 yards off the wr's so they wont get burn.They can not defend.Actually i cant believe we didnt get shredded last night.Rain kills db's,which it did to osu too,but we had a reject senior qb the 1st half.After the freshman got settled in he did ok.He will be a superstar nfl qb,write that down...
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

The only thing that concerned me about LSU's defense is that their tackling was sloppy, especially the DB's. LSU also hurt Derek Anderson and he still did good against LSU's defense.

Fortunately, LSU can, and should improve its tackling. The rain is a factor, but a true championship team should be able to overcome that against an unranked opponent.
  27. Superman

Yes size uga is solid,the d isnt.And if you knew anything about football u would know that rain favors the underdog and ESPECIALLY the passing team"osu" .And that is excactly what happened.The announcers even said it 30 times.You know its true,everybody on earth knows its true.Besides that,what if we didnt fumble kickoff and give them td,and didnt drop those 6 int's and miss 2 fg's ourself huh?Can you say blowout massacre??And on top of that,the last missed extra point,did u not see why he shanked it?A couple big dl's and d b's in the air to block it so he shanked.But yes our senior qb sucks,j russell is the man.He will totally own the sec,write it down.They will hammer auburn then uga then florida. I know it sounds like excuses which it is really,but i be damned if they arent 100 percet true excuses!!
    What if OSU's kicker didn't miss 3 extra points, they would have won. You can't say what if because the fact is that it didn't happen.
  28. Registered User

Alright manu20.Since you brought it up about the lousy 3 points.What if we didnt miss 3 fg's 9 points,what if they would have called the correct safety on kick returner 9 points,what if we int'd at least 1 or 2 of our 6 dropped ints for td's 7-14 points,what if the other ones that went through our hands at least led to a fg or 2, 3-6 points,what if it wasnt raining and helped their passing game against our sliding db's-no tellin how many points,what if we played russell the whole game,at least another 7.So its obvious to me LSU is much better and just had a bad night and the senior qb cant pass.But also osu is not a bad team,talented and tough d.Oh and Iron, i believe we did overcome that stuff and sneak out with a win?Championship team eh?
  29. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Manu20
    Thursday night Texas A&M at Utah....Go Aggies!!!!
    Ya, that turned out well....
  30. Registered User

its obvious to me LSU is much better and just had a bad night and the senior qb cant pass.But also osu is not a bad team,talented and tough d.
    I agree with you on all of this. I actually think Randall is better than he looked and I am eager to see who plays against Arkansas State. LSU has lots of QB options with Randall, Russell, and Flynn. Russell and Flynn, as I am sure you are aware, were two of the most sought after QB's in the USA.

You may know the answer to this....why no Shyrone Carey against OSU? They played Broussard, Vincent, and Addai.
  31. Superman

Quote Originally Posted by TheUsual
    Ya, that turned out well....
    Ya that one sucked...
  32. Superman

Duff...I agree that LSU is a superior team and didn't play there best game, all I was saying is that the what if's were pointless, thats all.

The Usual: we got Wyoming this weekend, I swear if we lose that game...
  33. Registered User

Exactly my point manu20.So why did you say WHAT IF they didnt miss 3 pats?3 points is nothing.LSU had ALOT more WHAT IFS than osu...And the defense played like **** on wet field,but still did good,if that makes any sense..
  34. Superman

You were saying what if LSU did this and that then it would have been a blow out...all I was saying was what if OSU made those PAT's, then they would have won. But they didn't make the kicks and LSU didn't catch the interceptions or what not so none of that stuff really matters.
  35. Registered User

Size,Shyrone Carey is good but he is thuggish.I think he got suspended for 3 games for selling his complimentary sugar bowl tickets...And manu20,yes i know what ifs are nothing,i just brought up alot more of them than osu's lousy 3 points they didnt get.LSU is by far better than them,i hate to se em play so stupid.But anyway,osu will beat boise state at boise...As for the qb situation,Russell is the man no question,anybody can see that,Saban has known that since before camp but he wants to be nice and give a senior a shot,his shot is over.Sure he will play but Saban wont let him lose the game for him.They split reps yesterday 50-50.Also skyler green reinjured his ankle,he is out and might miss the auburn game too...
  36. Registered User

On a side note i lost 250 last weekend!That really pissed me off as i dont have alot of money and now have to borrow money from my mom for other stuff.Maybe ill get it back this weekend.A couple great looking games this week.Damn you stupid texas tech and tennessee vols!!!!!!!!!
  37. Board Supporter

On a side note i lost 250 last weekend!That really pissed me off as i dont have alot of money and now have to borrow money from my mom for other stuff.Maybe ill get it back this weekend.A couple great looking games this week.Damn you stupid texas tech and tennessee vols!!!!!!!!!
    No offense bro, but maybe you shouldn't be gambling if you are having to borrow money
  38. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Manu20
    The Usual: we got Wyoming this weekend, I swear if we lose that game...
    If we lose that game I will have some very unhappy friends. Especially since it is looking to rain that day You pulling as a senior or what?
  39. Registered User

Duff.....maybe I will lay out some odds and picks for you this weekend .
    I am 5-1 this year against the spread and spend about 20hrs weekly breaking down games.
  40. Registered User

Yes i know i shouldnt be gambling.But i cant resist!Them stupid games look like absolute total locks man!But i think i know where i messed up.I did teasers!!Im gonna go straight up and count on single teams this week,not 2 teams.Here are the ones i like this week,in no real order.... Louisville-22, Oregon -20,Maryland-27,Bama-11,Utah-13,and maybe la tech-14,wyoming+12,Fresno State +13.5,Okie state -21,Nebraska-14,VA Tech-24,Oregon State+8. I guess my favorites at the moment would be Louisville,Oregon,Utah,Marylan d, and tossup between bama,Nebraska,okie state,va tech.What are yours size?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. College Football needs to get here fast!!!
    By Ethereal in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 10:12 PM
  2. COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICK'EM - Join!
    By shootmeagain in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 11:16 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:17 AM
  4. Official College Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163