College Football

DUFF

Awards
Yes size uga is solid,the d isnt.And if you knew anything about football u would know that rain favors the underdog and ESPECIALLY the passing team"osu" .And that is excactly what happened.The announcers even said it 30 times.You know its true,everybody on earth knows its true.Besides that,what if we didnt fumble kickoff and give them td,and didnt drop those 6 int's and miss 2 fg's ourself huh?Can you say blowout massacre??And on top of that,the last missed extra point,did u not see why he shanked it?A couple big dl's and d b's in the air to block it so he shanked.But yes our senior qb sucks,j russell is the man.He will totally own the sec,write it down.They will hammer auburn then uga then florida. I know it sounds like excuses which it is really,but i be damned if they arent 100 percet true excuses!!

size

Awards
  • Established
Yes size uga is solid,the d isnt.And if you knew anything about football u would know that rain favors the underdog and ESPECIALLY the passing team"osu" .And that is excactly what happened.The announcers even said it 30 times.
Funny thing is, I know "nothing" about football as you seem to believe, but at least I do not make the general claim that "rain favors the underdog". How does this work exactly, does rain make favored teams melt and underdogs grow like weeds?

You obviously are a die hard LSU fan. Rain certainly slowed down LSU's defense which is very fast. But do you want to blame the rain on the bad passing, running and kicking game? The rain fell on the OSU players same as the LSU players. Claiming "what if that" and "what if this" is pointless. Oregon State out played LSU. You may disagree, but LSU dropped in the AP to #6.

I think LSU is a good team and I am disappointed by the Tigers offensive performance. The defense is still solid, and I hope they can put it all together b/c it makes the SEC great to watch. Next week, LSU is going to give Arkansas State a beating so you will have lots to cheer about.

Last edited:
Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Missouri Tigers: National Champion
Brad Smith: Heisman Trophy Winner

nuff said

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Foxx.. you need to lay off the dope..;) jking.. but serious.. Misouri..
LSU was out played from what I have read, didn't see the game but rain should not really play that big of a factor in the overall way that things are executed on the field.. granted you will have to run more than pass but you should be expecting something like this in Baton Rouge during hurricane season..

DUFF

Awards
Sup size.Maybe you didnt read all of my post.Yes i said rain affects the favorite which it does slightly,but more than that it helps the passing team extremely,and i mean "EXTREMELY"!!The db's have to play 10 yards off the wr's so they wont get burn.They can not defend.Actually i cant believe we didnt get shredded last night.Rain kills db's,which it did to osu too,but we had a reject senior qb the 1st half.After the freshman got settled in he did ok.He will be a superstar nfl qb,write that down...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that concerned me about LSU's defense is that their tackling was sloppy, especially the DB's. LSU also hurt Derek Anderson and he still did good against LSU's defense.

Fortunately, LSU can, and should improve its tackling. The rain is a factor, but a true championship team should be able to overcome that against an unranked opponent.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Yes size uga is solid,the d isnt.And if you knew anything about football u would know that rain favors the underdog and ESPECIALLY the passing team"osu" .And that is excactly what happened.The announcers even said it 30 times.You know its true,everybody on earth knows its true.Besides that,what if we didnt fumble kickoff and give them td,and didnt drop those 6 int's and miss 2 fg's ourself huh?Can you say blowout massacre??And on top of that,the last missed extra point,did u not see why he shanked it?A couple big dl's and d b's in the air to block it so he shanked.But yes our senior qb sucks,j russell is the man.He will totally own the sec,write it down.They will hammer auburn then uga then florida. I know it sounds like excuses which it is really,but i be damned if they arent 100 percet true excuses!!
What if OSU's kicker didn't miss 3 extra points, they would have won. You can't say what if because the fact is that it didn't happen.

DUFF

Awards
Alright manu20.Since you brought it up about the lousy 3 points.What if we didnt miss 3 fg's 9 points,what if they would have called the correct safety on kick returner 9 points,what if we int'd at least 1 or 2 of our 6 dropped ints for td's 7-14 points,what if the other ones that went through our hands at least led to a fg or 2, 3-6 points,what if it wasnt raining and helped their passing game against our sliding db's-no tellin how many points,what if we played russell the whole game,at least another 7.So its obvious to me LSU is much better and just had a bad night and the senior qb cant pass.But also osu is not a bad team,talented and tough d.Oh and Iron, i believe we did overcome that stuff and sneak out with a win?Championship team eh?

size

Awards
  • Established
its obvious to me LSU is much better and just had a bad night and the senior qb cant pass.But also osu is not a bad team,talented and tough d.
I agree with you on all of this. I actually think Randall is better than he looked and I am eager to see who plays against Arkansas State. LSU has lots of QB options with Randall, Russell, and Flynn. Russell and Flynn, as I am sure you are aware, were two of the most sought after QB's in the USA.

You may know the answer to this....why no Shyrone Carey against OSU? They played Broussard, Vincent, and Addai.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Duff...I agree that LSU is a superior team and didn't play there best game, all I was saying is that the what if's were pointless, thats all.

The Usual: we got Wyoming this weekend, I swear if we lose that game... :frustrate

DUFF

Awards
Exactly my point manu20.So why did you say WHAT IF they didnt miss 3 pats?3 points is nothing.LSU had ALOT more WHAT IFS than osu...And the defense played like **** on wet field,but still did good,if that makes any sense..

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
You were saying what if LSU did this and that then it would have been a blow out...all I was saying was what if OSU made those PAT's, then they would have won. But they didn't make the kicks and LSU didn't catch the interceptions or what not so none of that stuff really matters.

DUFF

Awards
Size,Shyrone Carey is good but he is thuggish.I think he got suspended for 3 games for selling his complimentary sugar bowl tickets...And manu20,yes i know what ifs are nothing,i just brought up alot more of them than osu's lousy 3 points they didnt get.LSU is by far better than them,i hate to se em play so stupid.But anyway,osu will beat boise state at boise...As for the qb situation,Russell is the man no question,anybody can see that,Saban has known that since before camp but he wants to be nice and give a senior a shot,his shot is over.Sure he will play but Saban wont let him lose the game for him.They split reps yesterday 50-50.Also skyler green reinjured his ankle,he is out and might miss the auburn game too...

DUFF

Awards
On a side note i lost 250 last weekend!That really pissed me off as i dont have alot of money and now have to borrow money from my mom for other stuff.Maybe ill get it back this weekend.A couple great looking games this week.Damn you stupid texas tech and tennessee vols!!!!!!!!!

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
On a side note i lost 250 last weekend!That really pissed me off as i dont have alot of money and now have to borrow money from my mom for other stuff.Maybe ill get it back this weekend.A couple great looking games this week.Damn you stupid texas tech and tennessee vols!!!!!!!!!
No offense bro, but maybe you shouldn't be gambling if you are having to borrow money :)

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The Usual: we got Wyoming this weekend, I swear if we lose that game... :frustrate
If we lose that game I will have some very unhappy friends. Especially since it is looking to rain that day :( You pulling as a senior or what?

size

Awards
  • Established
Duff.....maybe I will lay out some odds and picks for you this weekend ;) .
I am 5-1 this year against the spread and spend about 20hrs weekly breaking down games.

DUFF

Awards
Yes i know i shouldnt be gambling.But i cant resist!Them stupid games look like absolute total locks man!But i think i know where i messed up.I did teasers!!Im gonna go straight up and count on single teams this week,not 2 teams.Here are the ones i like this week,in no real order.... Louisville-22, Oregon -20,Maryland-27,Bama-11,Utah-13,and maybe la tech-14,wyoming+12,Fresno State +13.5,Okie state -21,Nebraska-14,VA Tech-24,Oregon State+8. I guess my favorites at the moment would be Louisville,Oregon,Utah,Maryland, and tossup between bama,Nebraska,okie state,va tech.What are yours size?

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
If we lose that game I will have some very unhappy friends. Especially since it is looking to rain that day :( You pulling as a senior or what?
Ya but my dumass friends pulled so late we got 2nd deck... :frustrate

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Duff.....maybe I will lay out some odds and picks for you this weekend ;) .
I am 5-1 this year against the spread and spend about 20hrs weekly breaking down games.
That's good to hear size, you should hook us up with your picks, I can always use extra cash.

size

Awards
  • Established
This will be an unpopular pick but I like Boise St. to cover the spread tonite against Oregon State. Boise is tough to beat at home and likes to run up the score.

Boise St. -7.5

Brock Landers

Awards
Yeah, **** you mother fuckers!!!!!!!! UM 16-10!!!!!! Rix is our Best player!!!!!! 6 in a row!!!!!!!!

size

Awards
  • Established
This will be an unpopular pick but I like Boise St. to cover the spread tonite against Oregon State. Boise is tough to beat at home and likes to run up the score.

Boise St. -7.5
:thumbsup: Boise St. 53, Oregon St. 34

Tonite was good to me and I hope it was for you, $$$ :D

Last edited:

size

Awards
  • Established
Two games for Sat.:

I can't figure the odds out on SE Missouri State@Bowling Green. I like Bowling Green +8 but the spread does not make sense to me; so it may be hard to get action on this on.

UL-Lafayette@ La Tech. I like La Tech -14.

DougMan

Awards
I think Lloyd Carr should change his name to 10 and 3 because that is the best he can do. Yea lloyd just keep settling for field goals, that will work. Freaking ridiculous. Michigan is headed towards another lame season. Ah well at least we have next year. Oh wait they said that the year before and the year before that. We got sh#t til we get rid of lloyd Carr (aka 10 and 3) and get someone with some nutz in there.

rant over

Purple Huskies

Awards
What a crazy week end of college footballs. I did not think Fresno St. was not that good when they played Washington Huskies last week in Seattle, but damn they played well this week.
And what's up with FSU cannot beat Miami? What 6 in row now? Maybe, all the teams who play them should wear Miami jersies and see what happen?

size

Awards
  • Established
The WAC has good teams. Boise State and Fresno State are both strong teams.

I am so ANGRY at La Tech. They absolutely dominated the game but failed to cover the spread :frustrate . I am still in shock about this. However, I covered with BoiseSt., Bowling Green and Purdue.

MatthewD....Bama looked(and still is looking) good tonite.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thank you size, I thought they did look pretty good.. and from the amount of noise from the living room..so did the wife.. She gets into the game big time.. love bama girls they really know football.. :D:D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Jarhead - Scoreboard? OSU* beat mighty Marshall by a FG? Oh, and about those "great, stand up" OSU* fans, please explain the cheering for McGahee as he was being carted off the field with the knee injury? There were also plenty of posts on the 'net doing the same thing. Those fans are real men, for sure.

Last edited:
jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Berlin came through against FSU in the end, but should have had better stats. Too many dropped balls by the WR's. The defense looks like the best in the country.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Texas A&M 31 - Wyoming 0....sorry guys had to put his in here... :cheers:

Brock Landers

Awards
JMH, the game was the second best I have ever been to, no doubt!!!!
Our defense was lights out, FSU had 160 total Offense. Rolle should be considered for Heisman. Berlin was on with 95% of his throws, but I could kill Moore. He had 4 hit him right in the numbers and the fool dropped 'em. Moss is going to be big for us as will Gore.

Mark my word here - Berlin is going to get better and better. I definitely see him going 20/10 this year.

DAMN ITS GREAT TO BE A MIAMI HURRICANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Jarhead - Scoreboard? OSU* beat mighty Marshall by a FG? Oh, and about those "great, stand up" OSU* fans, please explain the cheering for McGahee as he was being carted off the field with the knee injury? There were also plenty of posts on the 'net doing the same thing. Those fans are real men, for sure.
You know, there's no point in arguing about the miami/osu thing. I will say this though- in football when a guy gets injured, you always cheer for him when he gets carried off the field. But if you have to have another thing to make you feel better about the loss, fine. As far as Marshall-yeah it's two seasons later number one, they don't have as much talent as in the past but then it's hard to when you send FOURTEEN guys to the NFL. As long as they came out on top, I'm good with winning by a fieldgoal. I'm seriously too happy about the new season to worry about the whole osu/miami thing. Noone from fla or ohio is ever going to agree on it anyway.

Brock Landers

Awards
Jarhead - Agreed, we will never agree on this. Anyways, good luck this year, maybe we'll see a rematch in January in the FedEx Orange Bowl?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Jarhead - Agreed, we will never agree on this. Anyways, good luck this year, maybe we'll see a rematch in January in the FedEx Orange Bowl?
A rematch would be awesome, but after watching friday's game against FSU, I think miami might have too much talent this year. What the hell do you guys put in the water down there? and where can I buy it?:D

DougMan

Awards
I can't express how pissed off I am at the complacency of Michigan fans and the Administation, who accept this **** year after year, the same tired lack of innovation that's been hanging over UM for years. F*** Carr and Bo, dinosaurs who waste great talent year after year.

Hearsy that it is, I hope the Wolverines get their assed kicked by SDSU, and every team they play in the B10, that's what it going to take to cleanse this program of the Schembechler influence. :frustrate

Yea its ridiculous. They recruit these great receivers... and then never throw them the ball. Edwards, Breaston, Avant is supposedly this great triple threat. But when your longest route is like 5 yards you arent going to scare the defense much. All three of them had crappy games. They even have Carl Tabb as a 4th receiver, and he would start on any other big ten team. If he was at Ohio State Umich would be crapping their pants. Instead the fastest man on the field sees no action at all. You can tell just by looking at Tabb he is an awesome athlete. He was in my chem lab and he is a beast. I hope OSU beats Umich so they fire Carr. There is a new saying going around campus... Everything around here is liberal except the play calling!

Bo is the biggest cock ever. Ohhh Umich was so much better when I was there. Yea 0 national championships, nice job Bo. Carr only won because it was his first year and he had Charlie Woodson. Big Ten football sucks. They invented the forward pass for a reason!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Carr is WAAAAAAAY too conservative!

Brock, you at the LA Tech game today? D is doing damn good again today (from the Canes student radio station WVUM).

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Go A&M tonight vs. Clemson!!!
I don't care too much about the game, but I care about the 3 kegger and 1000 jello shot party afterwards... so we damn well better win!

This is my last night to drink since I am starting the "Body by Bobo" 2 month cut on sunday :\ So I'm gonna get fuuucked up

Brock Landers

Awards
JMH,

I stayed the start of the 4th, let me just say this, Hester is a god. No one can touch him, hes that quick. D had another strong performance, and Berlin looked solid. His one pic was leggets fault as he ran the wrong route. We look reeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good!!! Moats was held to 80 yards, and they purposely fed him the ball looking to get his numbers up.

Im looking forward to UVA, that will be a great game, but our damn d is lights out, no question!!!!!

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
Anybody catch that UT-Florida game? Man, that was HYPE! One of the better games I've ever seen. What's really impressive is that they were playing sophomore and freshman quaterbacks.

I think their kicker, Wilhoit, made the quicket transition from goat to hero that I have ever seen. And that guy on Florida who got flagged for the unsportsmanlike conduct...a bit of bitter brew for that man tonight. Sheesh.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I don't care too much about the game, but I care about the 3 kegger and 1000 jello shot party afterwards... so we damn well better win!

This is my last night to drink since I am starting the "Body by Bobo" 2 month cut on sunday :\ So I'm gonna get fuuucked up
Lol have fun bro...It was a great game...we looked really good and the D played awesome. Gives me some hope for the rest of the season. Sounds like a hell of a party...sorry to hear this is your last night to get fucked up for a while... :sad:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
How about Auburn coming up with a big win. I haven't seen them play this good since the year they beat Florida and almost made the National Title

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Won't last with Auburn... they will self destruct in the next few weeks..

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Won't last with Auburn... they will self destruct in the next few weeks..
Very possible when you have to go through the SEC and than win the conference title game. My hat goes off to anyone who survives that conference undefeated.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
How about Auburn coming up with a big win. I haven't seen them play this good since the year they beat Florida and almost made the National Title
That was a big win for Auburn and a great game. Whats with many college football games having very questionable calls at the end of games that affected the outcome.

Fpot66

Awards
And that guy on Florida who got flagged for the unsportsmanlike conduct...a bit of bitter brew for that man tonight.
That was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life. The ref stood there and watched the TN guy smack the Florida guy and then threw the flag because of the retribution. That was BS, a little support for the home team. Freakin' rediculous.

Fpot66