College Football

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Manu20...........What happened? Baylor was a 25point dogs.
Oh boy that was a disgraceful effort and I was very ashamed...they better redeem themselves next week against OU... :(

size

Awards
  • Established
I took UAB(-17) tonite. Big mistake, they SUCKED. :(

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Size what are your thoughts on A&M vs. OU this weekend?

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
The heartbreak...the game was unbelieveable..I had awesome seats and thought we were going to win....Damn you Terrance Murphy!!!!!

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I take my hat off to the Aggies. Gutsy game. The fans should be proud.

dd

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I take my hat off to the Aggies. Gutsy game. The fans should be proud.

dd
Definitely proud of the performance...they gave a great effort and a few mistakes at the wrong time really lost the game for us.

size

Awards
  • Established
Definitely proud of the performance...they gave a great effort and a few mistakes at the wrong time really lost the game for us.
A loss is a loss. Screw moral victories. :twisted:

You guys might not follow this team but did anybody see Bowling Green. They score so many points. They were favored (-30) and had it covered at halftime.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
A loss is a loss. Screw moral victories. :twisted:

You guys might not follow this team but did anybody see Bowling Green. They score so many points. They were favored (-30) and had it covered at halftime.
Agreed but when you lose by 77 last year and have a team that plays alot of freshmen and sophomores it can help for the future.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But I never understood why their uniforms aren't green!!! Or have SOME green in them ;)

size

Awards
  • Established
Auburn looked GREAT today and Utah kept on winning.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Did you guys see San Jose St almost upset Boise St, the BCS would have loved to see Boise St lose against one of the worst D-1 teams in country on ESPN2

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
San Jose State is that "Any given Saturday" thing, they looked strong early on, were becoming Media Darlings after taking down K state, went flat and arose once again. Next week? Week in and week out consistentcy is hard, Auburn's done it and as talented as anyone Georgia can't.

size

Awards
  • Established
San Jose State is a competitive "home team" but HORRIBLE on the road. Boise St. defense looked bad. I think the big difference in that game was that SJSt. scored early which did not allow Boise to build big lead like they typically do.

Rouge, SanJoseSt did not play KState. They have only beaten Morgan State and Rice.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damm Size, you know every team in college football in and out, I'm impressed with your knowledge.

size

Awards
  • Established
Damm Size, you know every team in college football in and out, I'm impressed with your knowledge.
Well, I try to make it worth my time to know about many teams.

On thursday night, if the game is televised, try and watch N.Texas. N.Texas has a freshman runing back Jamario Thomas that is incredible. He has 1700+ yards(6 200+ yard games) and 17 td's thus far this year and he was not even the original starter. He has a strained hamstring but hopefully he will play. Also, LaTech@BoiseSt. features another great back Ryan Moates(1600+ yards and 17tds while being hurt most of the year) for LaTech. Unfortunately, these 2 guys get little attention b/c of the teams they play for.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of Moates, but that freshman has insane stats :eek: he'd be a helluva fantasy player if there were fantasy leagues in college football. Too bad many great players get overlooked in college

size

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of Moates, but that freshman has insane stats :eek: he'd be a helluva fantasy player if there were fantasy leagues in college football. Too bad many great players get overlooked in college

Jamario Thomas sat out the game tonite :( so those stats did not increase. He only needs 155 yards to surpass NCAA D1 freshman rushing record of 1,863 yards. However, N.Texas won its 25 straight game in the Sun Conf. tonite.

size

Awards
  • Established
Ok. (-36.5) @ Baylor. Score 35-0. I had Baylor and sweated this one out.

Boise St. shut down Moats and then erupted and coverd in the second half. Boise is such a different team on the blue turf.

Ript22Swole

Awards
let's talk a little about USC, which is think stands for the university of sorry ass cunts, in the pac freaking 10, the sorriest conference in the world, why are they ranked in the top 3, i don't care if they are undefeated, look who they're playing, OU or Auburn or any other team East of California would whip them to no end

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
let's talk a little about USC, which is think stands for the university of sorry ass cunts, in the pac freaking 10, the sorriest conference in the world, why are they ranked in the top 3, i don't care if they are undefeated, look who they're playing, OU or Auburn or any other team East of California would whip them to no end
Did you see them beat Cal, Va Tech, & Arizona St ? I know they looked a little soft against Cal, but Cal is freakin good, better than most teams East of Cali, better than Miami, Florida, Fla St, Texas, LSU, Michigan, or even Auburn. Just because they are from Cali doesn't mean they're softies who padd their schedule with UNLV, Idaho St, or some wannabe D-I school

size

Awards
  • Established
let's talk a little about USC, which is think stands for the university of sorry ass cunts, in the pac freaking 10, the sorriest conference in the world, why are they ranked in the top 3
To be the champ, you have to beat the champ. Also, they have won 19 consecutive games. I am hoping for an Auburn vs USC showdown just like last year I was hoping for the LSU vs USC. Hopefully, it will happen this year.

Did you see them beat Cal, Va Tech, & Arizona St ? I know they looked a little soft against Cal, but Cal is freakin good, better than most teams East of Cali
Cal is just too inconsistent within a game. They only led pathetic Stanford by 7 at half but then played well in the 2nd. Also, they should have lost to Oregon; only won b/c of a dropped ball.

Top 4 teams in no order:
Utah, USC, Auburn, Ok.
Most Exciting Offenses:
Utah, Louisville, Boise State :thumbsup:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you see them beat Cal, Va Tech, & Arizona St ? I know they looked a little soft against Cal, but Cal is freakin good, better than most teams East of Cali, better than Miami, Florida, Fla St, Texas, LSU, Michigan, or even Auburn. Just because they are from Cali doesn't mean they're softies who padd their schedule with UNLV, Idaho St, or some wannabe D-I school
C'mon, Cal hasn't been good in years, and then they pop up in a week Pac-10 and their better than Miami or Texas? I don't agree with that. Usc hasn't been beat, but they play in a weaker conference, and they don't play a championship. Honestly the whole system is jacked which is why it's good that Utah is busting in, and we have contreversy amongst the top three teams, now maybe we can get some kind of change.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
u know if Auburn screws us out of the championship i am gonna be so pissed. Actually i am pissed that USC is number 1 because they play in the pac 10, have a horrible schedule strength and almost lost to oregon state. it kinda makes me wonder why espn has such a hard-on for them. i would much rather play a more deserving Auburn than USC

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
C'mon, Cal hasn't been good in years, and then they pop up in a week Pac-10 and their better than Miami or Texas? I don't agree with that. Usc hasn't been beat, but they play in a weaker conference, and they don't play a championship. Honestly the whole system is jacked which is why it's good that Utah is busting in, and we have contreversy amongst the top three teams, now maybe we can get some kind of change.
Yeah, but remember that USC wasn't good for years until Carroll took over, I believe Tedford is a helluva coach and can end up with the Florida job if he wants to.

Miami lost to Clemson on Miami's homecoming and to North Carolina, these aren't superpowers. Cal lost to USC 23-17, Cal had a damm good shot at the upset in the end.

Texas is very good, but they have a tendency to underachieve and so does CAl to be fair, this would be a helluva match, I wouldn't count on Texas having an easy day.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Cal is just too inconsistent within a game. They only led pathetic Stanford by 7 at half but then played well in the 2nd. Also, they should have lost to Oregon; only won b/c of a dropped ball.
Yeah, but lots of teams have had that game or two where they underachieve (maybe it's point shaving :D ) The teams that will without a doubt beat Cal IMO are Auburn, USC, & Oklahoma, other than that, they can play with anyone else by that criteria.

size

Awards
  • Established
The teams that will without a doubt beat Cal IMO are Auburn, USC, & Oklahoma, other than that, they can play with anyone else by that criteria.
You can't forget UTAH. I think they have the potential to play with anybody.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I don't understand why its OU and Auburn fighting for the second spot and USC is the clear cut number 1. They keep bashing OU sayin the SEC is better than the Big 12...well both of those blow the pact 10 out of the water. I'm not saying USC doesn't deserve to be in there but I dont' understand how they can be the clear cut #1..IMO Auburn should be number 1 and USC and OU fighting for #2.

size

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand why its OU and Auburn fighting for the second spot and USC is the clear cut number 1. They keep bashing OU sayin the SEC is better than the Big 12...well both of those blow the pact 10 out of the water. I'm not saying USC doesn't deserve to be in there but I dont' understand how they can be the clear cut #1..IMO Auburn should be number 1 and USC and OU fighting for #2.
Auburn is lower b/c they started the season ranked around 18.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You can't forget UTAH. I think they have the potential to play with anybody.
You're right, I forgot about them, hopefully the BCS won't forget. I'd like to see them play Auburn if the Tigers get left out. Would be great to see how the Utes fare against a killer defense.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Auburn is lower b/c they started the season ranked around 18.
And because of their weak non-conference schedule. It's hard to gain a lot of ground when you're beating La. Monroe, La. Tech. & the Citadel. It still gonna suck for somebody though. Are we ever going to get some sort of playoff system? Probably not, but this year is showing, to me, that one is deparately needed.

dd

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
And because of their weak non-conference schedule. It's hard to gain a lot of ground when you're beating La. Monroe, La. Tech. & the Citadel. It still gonna suck for somebody though. Are we ever going to get some sort of playoff system? Probably not, but this year is showing, to me, that one is deparately needed.

dd
Their wins versus Georgia, LSU, Tennessee make up for that. Besides, the SEC is tough from top to bottom. Imagine their conference schedule plus Oklahoma, USC, and Miami. Only historic teams could like Nebraska when they had Frazier & Phillips, or the recent Miami team that won it all a few years ago.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Their wins versus Georgia, LSU, Tennessee make up for that. Besides, the SEC is tough from top to bottom. Imagine their conference schedule plus Oklahoma, USC, and Miami. Only historic teams could like Nebraska when they had Frazier & Phillips, or the recent Miami team that won it all a few years ago.
I agree that the Georgia, LSU, & Tenn wins are impressive, but is doesn't make up for the weak non-conference schedule. Not the way the formulae work in the computer portion of the rankings. A win over a dog is worth a lot less than a win over a respectable team. That has hurt Auburn in their total points.

I feel the SEC has many excellent teams and is one of the toughest leagues. But come on. Tough from top to bottom???? Vandy (2 & 9), Kentucky (2 & 8), Miss & Miss St (both 3 & 7). Hell, Baylor is 3 & 8.

I'm an OU fan, but I feel Auburn is also worthy of, at least, a chance to play for the championship. But there will always be worthy teams getting screwed until some sort of playoff system is installed.

dd

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
But come on. Tough from top to bottom???? Vandy (2 & 9), Kentucky (2 & 8), Miss & Miss St (both 3 & 7). Hell, Baylor is 3 & 8.

dd
Okay you got me there, the bottom is rather weak, but most teams would trip up once a year if they had to face Florida, Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, sometimes Alabama, Arkansas, South Carolina PLUS asking them to play 3 non-conference top dogs. That's very difficult for most teams.

BTW, I know the way the conference is divided that no team would end up with that schedule every year, but they still have to compete with the best team from the other division in the Conference championship game.

BTW, I say they make all conferences have a championship game if they want to be in the BCS. Can't let the PAC-10, Big East (IF it manages to survive), and Big 10 a free pass.

This system needs major reworking in order the keep the profits the way they are while giving us a real champion on the field, not a computer simulated champ

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
it would help a helluva lot if everyone had a conference chmpionship because teams who don't get cheated by playing an extra game. and USC again gets to slack and be favored by the coaches and press.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I am as much an Auburn fan as anyone you would ever find. I love SEC football and the rivalries and year-in-year-out quality that the conference maintains. However, to say that the SEC is great top to bottom in football is a fallacy. Kentucky and Vanderbilt are just plain embarrassing, while Mississippi St is doing what teams do when they are rebuilding, struggling mightily. Other teams are above average nationally but only marginally so when compared to middle-strength teams in the Big-10 for instance. When you get up to the LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, Auburn, and Florida level, the only teams that really look like they are strong and top-notch are Georgia and Auburn.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think that is an honest look at the league I love, but the same could be said of the Big-12, and perhaps even more so. While some people are talking about Auburn's soft non-conference schedule, I don't really see any powerhouse teams on Oklahoma's non-conference list either, and on top of that, who is really good in-conference this year? Baylor? Kansas? Besides Oklahoma you would have to name Texas. After that, it gets very average and then just flat out bad fast. This can be seen in that the North Division champion will have at least 4 losses.

And let's look at the Pac-10 and USC's schedule. Who exactly did they beat this year that stands out? Well, California. That's it really isn't it? You may also say Va Tech, and while I don't agree, you'd have a point - and this is, in fact, why I think they deserve the number one spot over Auburn and Oklahoma. However, beating Stanford for example, which they barely pulled out, was no real accomplishment. UCLA beat Stanford in a shut-out by more than 20 points, for example. Arizona and Washington are terrible.

So, while we need to be honest about the SEC, it also doesn't hurt to measure up the other two teams in the top three by their conferences and non-conference schedules. Frankly, I don't think Auburn's play, schedule, and record measures up any less impressively than USC's or Oklahoma's. Nor does the SEC look weaker compared to any other conference. It's not the SEC we're used to, but frankly, it doesn't seem anyone is what we are used to anymore. Perhaps parity is setting in somewhat. After all, the Utahs, Louisvilles, and such out there are looking sharp.

Anyway, no ill will towards the Pac-10 or Big 12, nor to Oklahoma or USC. If those two teams don't stumble, it is likely - now almost certain, they will play for the title. Just don't expect me to like it if Auburn beats Tennessee and is an undefeated SEC Champion and is left out.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree, for the most part, with the previous few posts. It's just a shame we have to argue about strength of schedule, margin of victory, etc. for a chance to play for a championship. It should be determined on the field.

dd

size

Awards
  • Established
I agree, for the most part, with the previous few posts. It's just a shame we have to argue about strength of schedule, margin of victory, etc. for a chance to play for a championship. It should be determined on the field.

dd
I agree with you.

I think all of you should get excited and ready for the Liberty Bowl. It looks more and more likely that it will be Louisville vs Boise St. as I predicted. I am so excited about this game. :)
However, if Boise St. wins this weekend and Texas loses to TexasA&M, then Boise St. may jump ahead and finish in the top 6 in the BCS poll.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think all of you should get excited and ready for the Liberty Bowl. It looks more and more likely that it will be Louisville vs Boise St. as I predicted. I am so excited about this game.
Hey size, what do you think the over/under would be for this game? 115 or so? :blink:

dd

size

Awards
  • Established
Hey size, what do you think the over/under would be for this game? 115 or so? :blink:

dd
One would certainly expect it to be the highest of the year. Louisville averages 47.6/game and Boise St. 48.9/game. :rofl:

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ya, I thought everyone cheered when an injured guy makes it off the field if he is able to make it off conscious (kind of like a "yay, he's not dead or paralyzed!"). Thought it was a sign of support. Now if they started cheering a few seconds after the play was over and the guy was laying there on the field obviously injured, that is another story...