College Football

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
That was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen in my life. The ref stood there and watched the TN guy smack the Florida guy and then threw the flag because of the retribution. That was BS, a little support for the home team. Freakin' rediculous.

Fpot66
I agree that called was horrible...the guy was standing two feet from them and saw the whole thing.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
I agree that called was horrible...the guy was standing two feet from them and saw the whole thing.
I'm not sure what happened on that play.

1) the Florida player was all in the Tennessee player's face mask, and there should have been a flag thrown. Nothing was called, so perhaps the ref just let the first slap go, as he was just letting them play, as he didn't flag the facemask. The second slap, however, couldn't go by w/o a flag.

2) the official may have just missed the first slap, perhaps distracted; I don't know.

I just find it hard to believe that an official wouldn't make that call when it clearly should have gone against both if he saw the whole thing unwind and that's all that happened..

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I hate to say but TN has got some "interesting" calls.. I missed it because I was more interested in watch the end of the Bama game...
But if anything it should have been a no call if both were guilty or offsetting

Fpot66

Awards
But if anything it should have been a no call if both were guilty or offsetting
Definetly true. There are perks to being the home team I guess in some cases.

Fpot66

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It should have been an offsetting penalty.

Plus, the SEC commish commented that on UF's punt the clock should have started when the ref wound his arm, not on the snap. That alone gave UT at least 10 seconds more.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Well Drone, I still think it's too early to decide but right now I'd go with Oklahoma and Miami.

BTW, West Virginia is ranked quite high and they have an easy schedule ahead, they may get lucky.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Oklahoma has looked very good and I will get an in person look at them when they come to Kyle Field and probably destroy us... :sad:

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
It should have been an offsetting penalty.

Plus, the SEC commish commented that on UF's punt the clock should have started when the ref wound his arm, not on the snap. That alone gave UT at least 10 seconds more.
Ya UF got shafted all around at the end of that game.

Brock Landers

Awards
Remember though......WVU has to go to Blacksburg this weekend to play VT. I think Beamer will have some revenge in order for last years asskicking in Morgantown.

this may be the only time in my life that Im actually rooting for VTech

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My Sooners have looked good so far, but that's with a fairly easy non-conference schedule. They have Texas on the 9th, then have to go to Kansas State on the 16th. Those two weeks will tell alot about them. Even if they make it past those two weeks unscathed, there are a few more spots on their schedule that they could get caught by surprised if not fully prepared. I'm hopeful, but feel that USC & Miami are very talented teams that have a smoother road (schedule-wise) to go all the way.

dd

size

Awards
  • Established
LSU's new qb is so damn good its gonna be scary. LSU 35 uga 14
You prediction was quite wrong. :run:

I had a good day though.
I took Army(+18) and won. :icon_lol:
Won with Missouri(-7).
Lost with GaTech(+14). :(

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Size - you took GT to cover? I can see most betters taking that but Berlin looked awesome! I'm convinced that if he plays like that (no TO's, can live w/o 3 TD's if he only doesn't throw picks) we are in the OB in early '05 playing for another NC.

Brock - did you make it up to Atlanta? I had a ticket in the student section with a buddy that goes to GT. Man, it was so awesome to see my Canes in person. Our freaking Defense and special teams is SCARY! GT was too p$ssy to punt to Hester, so we put Roscoe back there as well. I'd like to see teams man up and kick to Devin, but we'll see.

Jarhead - how bout them Northwestern Wildcats? :D

size

Awards
  • Established
Size - you took GT to cover? I can see most betters taking that but Berlin looked awesome!
He looked good that game. However, I was going on the previous games to evaluate the wager. Miami's offense previously had not looked impressive. You win some and you lose some. If one can't handle this, then one should not gamble. :drunk:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you jinxing us? Damn aggies.:rasp: I hope you are sincere, I go for you guys when you play out of state teams.

Go Horns!

size

Awards
  • Established
Today was a great day for footballs fans. Plenty of great games. Cal vs. USC, Tenn vs UGA, and LSUvs Florida were all excellent games.

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
Did anyone ever think they'd see the day when Texas Tech beat the final breath out of Nebraska's weazing chest? 70-10.

Seriously, those guys used to own turnover ratio. They coughed up the ball or threw an interception 7 times today. Only 95 yards total rushing. Nebraska got killed. What an embarassment.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm quite happy with the way games went in the SEC. And that Notre Dame beat out Stanford. A Michigan loss would have been just pure bliss, but hey, give the maize and gold credit on this one.

Last comment: OU's Peterson just kind of floated above the ground, didn't he? He didn't even seemed attached. Just ran all over Texas.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
SC lost Smith, the WR, for the season with a broken leg. This really has to hurt. I think they are headed for a loss sometime this season. Maybe Arizona State next weekend?

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Texas over OU tomorrow!!!
uhh hmmm.

First shut out for UT in something like 24 yrs. I don't think Mac Brown will ever beat Stoops. Stoops is in his head.

GO SOONERS!!!!

dd

Brock Landers

Awards
Brock Berlin is going to give me a friggin heart attack!

Kicking to Devin Hester should get any D-1 coach fired, and why is this kid not considered for the Heisman? he has 4 returns for TD's this season, and should have had 5 on the kickoff last night!!!

GO CARDIAC CANES!!!!!!!!!

size

Awards
  • Established
What are your thoughts on Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State?
Well both A&M and Ok.St. are 4-1 against the spread this year. The line opened at -6.5 and has gone up to -7 on most books. I am NOT betting on this game but if I had to I would take Ok.St.(-7). I think they are a solid team on defense and offense; in addition, they are at home. I am not sure if Aggeis can stop Vernand Morency, but if they can they will be in good shape. Many people think this is an easy cover for Ok.St. but I am not convinced hence why I am laying off.

I do like Bowling Green(-27) over BallSt.. They are back at home after 3 road games, the points are going to pile up, hopefully :) Bowling Green averages close to 500 yards offense and BallSt. gives up close to 500yards.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well both A&M and Ok.St. are 4-1 against the spread this year. The line opened at -6.5 and has gone up to -7 on most books. I am NOT betting on this game but if I had to I would take Ok.St.(-7). I think they are a solid team on defense and offense; in addition, they are at home. I am not sure if Aggeis can stop Vernand Morency, but if they can they will be in good shape. Many people think this is an easy cover for Ok.St. but I am not convinced hence why I am laying off.

I do like Bowling Green(-27) over BallSt.. They are back at home after 3 road games, the points are going to pile up, hopefully :) Bowling Green averages close to 500 yards offense and BallSt. gives up close to 500yards.
Size just out of curiosity how much do you usually make (net) off bets each college football season?

size

Awards
  • Established
Size just out of curiosity how much do you usually make (net) off bets each college football season?
I tend to win more than I lose . Anyone who claims they never lose is a liar, or they should move to vegas and break the book.

Brock Landers

Awards
Rogue,

Of course Berlin has a vertical vision problem, hes barely 6'2"!!! Dorsey was close to 6'5" when he played here. When our lineman average 6'4" to 6'6" you need to be able to run around a bit. The kid is not mobile enough to get far outside the pocket, so we have to rely on the line opening up throwing lanes. The past 2 games our line has done this well, and Berlin has stepped up into them. Coincidence he has thrown 6 TD's and 1 INT over that span? I think not. All of us in Caneland know that he has to be good enough to get the ball to our playmakers and be a leader. The kid has incredible heart, and played the entire second half of the game last night with a deep shoulder bruise on his throwing side. At half time, it took 2 UM players just to get his pads off he was in so much pain. I love the kid because hes a fighter, he dosent know how to quit, unlike so many other college football players nowadays who just look out for themselves (i.e. Cedric Benson)

Anyways, Got to love the Magic in the Orange Bowl at night, Our Guys KNOW they wont lose no matter what. We may not be the best overall team in the nation, but last night we showed we are pretty damn good and that louisville needs to be recognized as well. In any case, I'll take my chances with this team and say we can play with and beat anyone. Im not going to argue with Larry Coker's 40-3 record. We'll see what happens with the rest of the season, but I feel pretty damn good right now.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
As much as it pains me to say it right now I see Oklahomo's winning the championship... :rant:

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established

I agree...I think its going to be a really good game and a really close game....IMO it could go either way. I think A&M will win becasue we have a good run D and I think we can contain Morrency and so far this season we have been really good holding on to the ball. Obviously my pick is a homer pick but I truely believe A&M will win this game. We are a lot better than the team that got embarrassed by Utah the first game of the season... :frustrate

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Hey Size, what do you think about those "gambling gurus" we hear about in radio ? Are any of them worht an investment ?

size

Awards
  • Established
Hey Size, what do you think about those "gambling gurus" we hear about in radio ? Are any of them worht an investment ?
I am not a particularly big fan. Most people could do just as well as them if they just studied up on the games and did not bet on teams they like. Bet with your brain not your heart. Also, I tend to look at less popular teams as these spreads tend to not be as inflated since they get less action.

I like LaTech(-9.5) tonite since Moats is going to play.

Last edited:

size

Awards
  • Established
What are your thoughts on Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma State?
You must be happy. Aggies looked really good and handled OkSt with ease. I was impressed.

I was happy b/c both Bowling Green(I predicted big points, they put up 51) and LaTech covered easily. LaTech has one of the best players in the country in Ryan Moates(over 1000yards rushing already this year). Moates is incredible, he had 160+yards and 3TD's in the first half. LaTech should be a good betting team the remainder of the year. They have 3 losses but all 3 were on the road and to Miami, Tenn, and Auburn.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
You must be happy. Aggies looked really good and handled OkSt with ease. I was impressed.

I was happy b/c both Bowling Green(I predicted big points, they put up 51) and LaTech covered easily. LaTech has one of the best players in the country in Ryan Moates(over 1000yards rushing already this year). Moates is incredible, he had 160+yards and 3TD's in the first half. LaTech should be a good betting team the remainder of the year. They have 3 losses but all 3 were on the road and to Miami, Tenn, and Auburn.
Oh ya I'm happy...they looked great...by half time this was me... :drunk:

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
I can't wait for the A&M vs. OU game in a few weeks. I think we will beat Colorodo at home next week and then Baylor should be a cake walk so we should go into the OU game, which is at home, with 1 loss. I think its going to be a big game. Last time we played them at home we beat them, which was the greatest game I have ever been to in my life. I hope for more of the same this year.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can't wait for the A&M vs. OU game in a few weeks. I think we will beat Colorodo at home next week and then Baylor should be a cake walk so we should go into the OU game, which is at home, with 1 loss. I think its going to be a big game. Last time we played them at home we beat them, which was the greatest game I have ever been to in my life. I hope for more of the same this year.
If we beat OU I am going to definitely celebrate big. Not sure how yet, but CS will definitely be going crazy :)

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
If we beat OU I am going to definitely celebrate big. Not sure how yet, but CS will definitely be going crazy :)
Oh ya everyone will definitely be going crazy here...and I plan on being :drunk: at the game...:D

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'll definately be rooting against A&M against OU.

I want someone to beat OU.

size

Awards
  • Established
Well your going to be happy because we are going to beat OU... :thumbsup:
It was a tough one today for A&M. I am looking forward to the showdown with OU.

My weekend was down then up.
Lost Florida(-23), Kansas(+27.5), and Navy(-8.5). :(
Won N.Illinios(-19.5), Bowling Green(-14.5), Akron(-10.5) and Hawaii (over 69). :)

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
It was a tough one today for A&M. I am looking forward to the showdown with OU.

My weekend was down then up.
Lost Florida(-23), Kansas(+27.5), and Navy(-8.5). :(
Won N.Illinios(-19.5), Bowling Green(-14.5), Akron(-10.5) and Hawaii (over 69). :)
Ya it was a tough one, I almost had a few heart attacks in the stands.

size

Awards
  • Established
Manu20...........What happened? Baylor was a 25point dogs.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Manu20...........What happened? Baylor was a 25point dogs.
For the love of God, please do not mention that game ever again... it is a shame to Aggies everywhere :( It really put a damper on an otherwise great night. Oh well, there's still Texas and OU.

size

Awards
  • Established
Do not forget that Utah beat Texas A&M by 20points. A&M(on the road) pounded Ok.St. and Ok.St. came only a field goal from overtime against Ok.

I like Utah b/c they have been great to me this year as they are 7-1 against the spread.

Utah and Bosie St. are great fun to watch. The offenses are so unorthodox that I think they can score on anybody.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
IMO, A & M this Saturday would much better match with Utah.
Baylor was probably A & M's flat game, there's one in every team's season, timing the dropoff is what makes football so interesting/frustrating. As a gambler , I make my money in Games 4 and on, the first 2 games of a season are unreliable preseason warmups. You and I have a different method, I play 35 or more games at .02 each of bankroll so the effects of any single game or three are negligable, but like you, I avoid wide popularly driven spreads. Basketball is much more consistent and profitable for me.

I love watching Utah and Boise, it's like watching the lower weight boxers, much more fun than the Heavies, I just don't think Utah deserves to be as highly ranked as they are/will be.

Honestly, who here thinks that Utah would be at the head of the West or East , if they played in the SEC? Not me, obviously.

Last edited:

size

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, who here thinks that Utah would be at the head of the West or East , if they played in the SEC? Not me, obviously.
I do not think they would be either but who knows. Utah's coach openly admits that his team has no depth. If you play in the SEC, you better have depth b/c injuries are going to happen.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I do not think they would be either but who knows. Utah's coach openly admits that his team has no depth. If you play in the SEC, you better have depth b/c injuries are going to happen.

That's the major difference between Minor and Major conference teams, The Big Leaguers have fresh legs for the third and fourth quarters, and can sustain injuries better.