Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Really, I like Sage, good guy, but you UW fans don't need to be talking **** to us Canes.

62-7 in '01. That says it all. Hehe. I've heard that was probably the most electric the OB has been since the late 80's.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.54%

True, it was embarassing loss for UW, but I am just saying if it was not for them Dawgs your beloved Miami foootball program would have won 2 national titles instead of one. Now how do you like that?
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yea, i like Sage too. Hey PHuskies... we really dont have a case. Not too strong of an arguement when you're countering the man by saying we stopped them from going undefeated, while we've been struggling to get 8-9 wins a season for the last decade. This year will be even tougher.
    Sage
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%

Huskies,
    I know yall really love saying we lost a shot at the 2000 championship because yall beat us, but the fact is that we got screwed by the then BCS formula. FSU shoulda never been in the OB that year against OU, we should have. We had a better strength of schedule than both you and the Criminoles, and we beat FSU head to head when they were #1.

If you remember, they changed the BCS formula after that fiasco, and we would have played OU with the formula that was present in '01. We would have beaten OU and their mediocre offense in the OB that year.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%

Yeah, that was crap in '00, I would have loved to have seen Dan Morgan flatten Josh Heupel. However, it dosent piss me off much. I had a great time seeing the Canes kick Spurriers ass in the Sugar Bowl. New Orleans was off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to talk about real crap? Lets fast forward to 2002...............You know what I mean.
  6. Superman
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.62%

Damn I can not wait for college football season to start.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.54%

lol, I will alway have something to say no matter how pitiful the agument is. For the record, I do know if we compare UW to Miami for last 5 years, Miami have all over UW... Wins, titles, or number of players drafted. I really dont care how much UW stinks. Unfortunately, as a Seattle sports fan, I am used to supporting teams with losing records like M's this year.
    Yeah, Manu, I got my gameday t-shirts today. I am ready to go.
  8. Superman
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.62%

I don't think they have started selling maroon out shirts here yet but once they do that means its on
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

Thank God college football is almost here. I live for Saturdays in the fall. Makes me miss Columbus and Lane Ave, though. They just don't have anything like that out here in CO Springs. It sucks having to order the games, but it's worth it. I know there are a lot of OSU haters out there, but what kind of fan would I be if I was scared to say GO BUCKS!!!
  10. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.25%

In the New Ncca2005 Football by EA Sports, USC is unstoppable, Oklahoma is nearly unstoppable, and Texas is pretty good.
    Miami, Ohio St. are not as good as they should be.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.5%

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Huskies,
    I know yall really love saying we lost a shot at the 2000 championship because yall beat us, but the fact is that we got screwed by the then BCS formula. FSU shoulda never been in the OB that year against OU, we should have. We had a better strength of schedule than both you and the Criminoles, and we beat FSU head to head when they were #1.

If you remember, they changed the BCS formula after that fiasco, and we would have played OU with the formula that was present in '01. We would have beaten OU and their mediocre offense in the OB that year.

Ah, you gotta love the Criminole, F$U, Semenoles smack. I doubt "the U" would have fared much better against OU. The Sooners pretty good that year. Sure I could make excuses like, "We were overconfident." or, "We didn't have Snoop." None of it matters except the scoreboard which read 13-2 OU.

It is amazing to read the kind of hate the Canes have toward the Noles. It's as if YOU have lost the last 5 matchups. I have zero love for the Canes, but at least I respect their ability to man up and beat a pretty good FSU team consistantly.

Welcome to the ACC Canes and here's to hoping we can give you a better game this time.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%

"It is amazing to read the kind of hate the Canes have toward the Noles"

Huh? Its called a rivalry, you know, where you really despise the other team? Its one of the top 3 or 4 rivalries in the country, and it has been consistent since the 80's. We all respect the Noles, it will be our toughest game of the year, but there is no love for you guys from any Hurricane. No disrespect, its just what a rivalry is all about. And especially with the 2000 season, since i do remember beating you guys in the OB that year. For FSU to play in the NC felt like a slap in the face.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers
    "It is amazing to read the kind of hate the Canes have toward the Noles"

Huh? Its called a rivalry, you know, where you really despise the other team? Its one of the top 3 or 4 rivalries in the country, and it has been consistent since the 80's. We all respect the Noles, it will be our toughest game of the year, but there is no love for you guys from any Hurricane. No disrespect, its just what a rivalry is all about. And especially with the 2000 season, since i do remember beating you guys in the OB that year. For FSU to play in the NC felt like a slap in the face.
    No, I understand rivalries. I personally feel that this one is THE best. There is no doubt that there is quite a lot of respect given from both teams to the other. This is amazing considering how hotly contested many of these games have been. Really if you look at the last five games, the Noles have played better at Miami.

Our teams really are quite similar. Especially in the area of quarterback. Both players have potential that is rarely tapped to its fullest. As the QB's for these teams go, so goes the team. Personally, I think that Bobby and the coaches play it way too close to the vest when playing the Canes. Much too conservative. Just look at last years OB. The Canes let it all hang out. It won you the game. Perhaps the old 'Riverboat Gambler' days are gone. The fake punt reminded me of Bobby's younger days.

If our coaches had studied much film on you last year, they would have seen you ran the same play against Temple (I believe). Should have seen it coming.

Hey could be worse, we could be Gator fans.
  14. Superman
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.62%

Texas vs. Texas A&M is a great rivalry along with Texas and OU.
  15. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.25%

Best Rivalry - No Question: OSU - Michigan
    It's just as big as Yankees - Red Sox

USC opens up the season against Virginia Tech
    USC is clearly the better team - but VT may pull an early season upset. USC may beat them by 50 also.
  16. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Yeah, what bugs me about the Trojans is their lack of competition. They were last year, and should be again this year, head and shoulders above anyone other team in the PAC.

If they had the schedule of LSU, we could get a better read on their ability, but sadly, they may get too easy a path to the Orange Bowl/ National Championship.

I have to commend them for playing Va Tech in the college pre season, that's gutsy in this age of BCS rankings when all the others Collegiate powers are warming up on much weaker teams.
    I agree, the PAC10 is weak for football&basketball
    The USC - VTech game is an official game... At least I think.
  17. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Thank God, John "Feet of Stone" Navare is gone.
    Why did Michigan hate Navare so much? Lack of big plays or big game success?
    I didn't watch him him other than less than a handful of games. He was decent, and pretty good once he got in a rhythm.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%

Navarre was a good QB. I mean, by the standards at Michigan, it all comes down to if you can beat OSU, and he did.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%

Noles,
    I do not hate FSU, but I really was pissed at seeing them in the Orange in 2000. And you are fooling yourself if you don't think we could have beaten OU. You forget that we had 20 1st round picks on that team. I think our rivalry is probably the 2nd best in football. No one is worse than the Gators, they've officially taken the title of Thug U from us.

Brock - I second the 2002 comment.

And USC's schedule this year is pathetic. The word I've heard is that they came to us, LSU, Texas, and a few of the big teams wanting one of them to come to LA for the kickoff classic (that VT ended up taking), but without a return trip to the other team's stadium. They apparently said that LA was a neutral site. I thought that was pretty funny. I mean, really, no big-time team is going to schedule a one-way ticket to a home game for SC. But I never understood the "spin" coming out of the SC fans on some of the football forums. "Yall (whichever school they were mocking) are scared to play us."

Rogue - I think Meeeeeechigan can pull it out at OSU.

And SC-VT is not the season's first big game, sorry. VT is a washed up team. The season's first big game is on Labor Day night at 8ET. FSU at Miami. God, I can't wait.
  20. Superman
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.62%

USC does have a soft schedule this year.
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.66%

Quote Originally Posted by Manu20
    USC does have a soft schedule this year.
    Well you gotta remember that we tried to schedule UL-Monroe, Western Ill, and Louisiana Tech, but it just didnt work out....must have been that return trip that we "supposedly" don't offer anyone...well except Colorado, KSU, Auburn, BYU.....

BTW, if LSU was soooooooo much tougher than 'SC last year, why was the hypothetical opening line in Vegas 'SC (-7) ???? hmmmm.

But in all seriousness, yes its a soft schedule this year, with only threats coming from VT and WSU. But hey, thats why the game is played so who knows.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

And if Vegas was always right I'd be a millionare from the spot cards, which I use for entertainment purposes only of course.

Man, I'm itching for fall. It's been a sorry summer here anyway so I say bring on the 50's and football. We spent an hour debating the SI college rankings edition at work today. It sill amazes me how nobody is from CO and it made for an interesting conversation with 4 people from 4 different colleges going at it.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%

I don't talk college football at work. The talk would invariably turn towards LSU (since I work in Louisiana), and I don't much care for a team that has won 2 titles in nearly 50 years.

Ivan,
    I never said LSU was tougher than SC. I think SC would have won that game. As for the return trip, go to some of the big schools' forums on theinsiders, there are people close to a few of these teams that have posted about SC approaching them about the game in LA this year. And when they asked when the return trip would take place, the response was "we'll talk later" or whatever. I really don't know if that is true or not, but I did see it on a few forums, so it made me wonder. It's not a knock on SC. I just don't want to hear these SC fans spout off about "we'll play anyone, anywhere; yall are scared, etc". Any team can win one national title, it's a helluva lot harder to play at that high level for more than one year.

Just ask Ohio State*
    Last edited by jmh80; 01-07-2007 at 02:54 AM.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.66%

I just don't want to hear these SC fans spout off about "we'll play anyone, anywhere; yall are scared, etc". Any team can win one national title, it's a helluva lot harder to play at that high level for more than one year.

Just ask Ohio State*
    Sounds like you've been to my other frequent site, wearesc.com

The 'SC AD is an egomaniac, nopoleon complexed, affirmative action hire. So the fans dont believe much of what he says either. So as far as return trip promises who knows.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

TOMORROW!! Even if it is only two games, I'm so freaking happy it's football time.
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%

I heard that!!!! GO CANES!!!!!!!!! (even though its not for a week)
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%

Brock - my man,
    What do you think about Gore being named the starter? I've read on Grassy that he had, by far, the best camp of any back. Apparently Moss showed up lazy.

Did you see where Willie is possibly out for the year with a torn knee ligament? Our LB corps is now really, REALLY thin. I'm worried about that.
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%

I read about that. My feeling is this.....we are so stacked at that position I would like to see if Gore really is the best for us. If he returns to freshman form, watch out, I think he averaged 9 yards a carry then. I would also like to see quadtrine hill used there as well, they say he is a bowling ball going into the line (kinda Ron Dayne-like when he played for Wisconsin). Not sure about Moss, seems like he came into NFL-U camp expecting to start and went through the motions. He did well last year, but I want him to get pissed that Coker put his ass on the bench. You know there is no time to feel bad if you are on the team, there is someone right behind you that will probably go in the first round, so you need to rebound quickly. Lets see if Moss has what it takes.

With that Williams Injury, I heard there was a massive pile up and he was at the bottom of it. I know they are working Jon Beason at linebacker and possibly Buck Ortega as well, and both are doing pretty good. Williams was going to have to sit for academic reasons until the 4th game anyways, so I really dont see much lost. But, they said he was an animal in practice so much that they were working him at MLB, the hardest position to learn. Whats more is that Ive read that he has been demolishing people there. I give him 6 weeks till hes ready to go, right around when he was slotted to play anways. LB may be a problem though if Williams and McIntosh go down. But hey, we will do like we always do, just reload and make someone else step up.

Im concerned about Wide Receiver and Safety. Lance leggett is going to be a monster for us, tall and quick with great hands. Moss is a burner, but Moore and the others have much to prove. As to Safety, I think we may be exposed here. I know they want to run more blitzes with our speed, but they better be zone, because I dont see our defensive backfield as good without Taylor.

In all, if we get past Half-Ass U, expect us to run the table. If not, it could be a long season, we need to come into the ACC and make a statement. My prediction is that we take the Criminoles 31-17. Berlin goes for 250 2td/1int, we rush for 100 and the D picks Rix twice, one for a TD. We have too much speed for them on defense.

I say all this because our guys know they are going to win, where as FSU thinks they can win. Been that way for the past 6 games, simple as that.

Welcome to the ACC...........Another Canes Championship.
  29. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.25%

USC was on the ropes
    they will lose in a shootout to 2 PAC10 teams.
    they arent the same without Mike Williams
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.45%

I honestly believe that if it wasn't for that crappy interference call that game would have went the other way, but who am I to complain about interference calls? I'm an Ohio State fan after all.
  31. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    USC is the best IMO, they're recruiting has also been among the top 5 the last couple of years.

BTW, Cal will catch some teams by surprise this year. Their QB Aaron Rodgers doesn't get a lot of recognition but he's one of the best in the nation.

What do you guys think about Florida ? I'm intrigued cause I can see their AD hoping for a subpar year so he can fire Ron Zook and hire Spurrier
    USC had trouble with VA tech
    Lost Mike Williams and thier other starter receiver
    They lost a tackle, and their back

No way they repeat, no way
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%

Binge, That was a great comment!!! LMFAO
  33. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.33%

USC vs VaTech....Thanks Va Tech for the cover.
    Impressions:
    USC's o-line looked bad in first half.
    Bad offensive pass interference call on VaTech changed the game.
  34. Superman
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.62%

Thursday night Texas A&M at Utah....Go Aggies!!!!
  35. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.54%

[QUOTE=size]USC vs VaTech....Thanks Va Tech for the cover.
    QUOTE]

Ah, a betting man. I too am a wager myself
    Sage
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.66%

Quote Originally Posted by Havok
    USC had trouble with VA tech
    Lost Mike Williams and thier other starter receiver
    They lost a tackle, and their back

No way they repeat, no way

Yeah, we definatley lucked out with the call...a gamebreaker to say the least.

Life without (sux):

Mike Williams - Wr Keary Colbert - WR

But also (starter holes):

Winston Justice - OL (suspended)
    Hershel Dennis - TB (suspended)
    Brandon Hancock - FB (injured)

Young guys have to step up. Game #2 will be the litmus test.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Smile

Brock,

Great to see anyother Canes bro on here. I fully agree with you man. But I must say I think the Georgia Tech game will be our toughest road game. (That place will be a sell out, only because the stadium is so small.) The fact remains, we have Brock Berlin at QB - I don't think anyone truthfully thinks we can win a National Title game with him at QB. I think we can get to it, but not win it. That is, unless he had a really, really bad season last year and has gotten the multitude of INT's out of his system. We are also really thin at LB - esp. with Willie Williams uncertain to come to school. If he's allowed to play, I think our D will be on of the top 3 D's in the country. We'll have the best D-line (we return 7 of 8) plus we have the best corner - Antrele Rolle.

I guess my prediction is that we "sneak" (if that's possible with a juggernaut like Miami) into the Orange Bowl, but I don't see Berlin winning us another title. I hope I'm wrong on that front.

And we did win the 2003 Fiesta (Fiasco) Bowl!
    The canes won the Fiesta Bowl?! Maybe on your Xbox. The Buckeyes stuck it to em. Nobody gave them a chance and they stepped up. All that fuss about the penalties, that stuff goes both ways. And who had the last shot to score? Canes fans always pipe up about the refs and stuff, but seem to forget Dorsey get whipped around to end the game. At least Winslow's a Brown now, that's gotta feel good!!
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%

Jarhead (true to the name I see),

your fellow OSU buddy just confirmed our comments above.
    Plus you live in Ohio, that sucks enough, go brush your tooth.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

See, Jarhead is slang for Marine, which I am. And I was also stationed down south in "Flawida" for a time so I know "y'all" ain't got no place to be crackin dental jokes. By the way, don't you pronounce it "toof" down there? But yeah it does kinda suck in Ohio so ya got me there.
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.63%

Jarhead,
    What you Buckeye fans fail to realize is that YOU NEEDED THE PENALTY TO WIN A NATIONAL TITLE!

The game truly was over for 5 or whatever seconds that idiot Porter needed to decided he wanted to throw a flag. (I'm neglecting the discussion of the ref who was 2 feet from the play not throwing anything.) Coker was a quarter-ways across the field before the flag hit the turf. Jarrett Payton was already wearing a championship hat and getting ready for a TV interview!

So you can believe all you want that we "talk penalties", but the fact is that OSU* needed the penalty to win a title. ****, I'd be proud of that.

Now, come talk to me when OSU* can win more than one title every 36-odd years.

Similar Forum Threads

1. College Football needs to get here fast!!!
    By Ethereal in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 12:12 AM
  2. COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICK'EM - Join!
    By shootmeagain in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 01:16 AM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 02:17 AM
  4. Official College Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163