College Football

Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

1. The Florida State University Seminoles!

Provided they can get past the mental block in little Havana.....

2. UW Huskies, of course.
    I know its wishful thinking. This year I will be happy if they win 8 games.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Purple Huskies
    UW Huskies, of course.
    I know its wishful thinking. This year I will be happy if they win 8 games.
    I love this guy!!1
    You're right... other than losing Reggie Williams, we just dont have the depth and standout talent of the early 90's Dawgs. I do think Isiah will come through this year and hopefully the young running back crew can continue what they showed during spring ball. GO DAWGS!! But logically, OU and UM (with the FSU game at Miami) are my two obvious choices
    Sage

4. Got the Season Tickets Today!!!!!!!! Man, I can see sebastian standing on the U at the 50 yard line leading the C-A-N-E-S cheer and the whole OB stating to shake. Less than 2 months till we make it 6 in a row over FSWho?

GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Damn, lucky bastard! I graduated so I cannot buy a season ticket any more. Last time Miami played Washington, Huskies beat them, but who remembers that, eh?
    Sage, yeah the 90s glory is long gone. I am more excited with this years team than last years'. Hopefyly leave the last years mess and move on. In Dawg we trust.
    •   

6. I remember. That was crokers first lost for a long long time until he lost to Ohio St. in the Fiesta. Also remember when they went down to UM and broke their 50-something home game winning streak back in 1995 with damon huard leading the squad. Napolean Kaufman was philthy.
    Sage

7. Right, seems you both forgot the 62-7 ass whooping Dorsey put on the #12 ranked Huskies in 2001 in the Orange Bowl. Or, do you guys not want to remember that, dont blame you if you do.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers
    Right, seems you both forgot the 62-7 ass whooping Dorsey put on the #12 ranked Huskies in 2001 in the Orange Bowl. Or, do you guys not want to remember that, dont blame you if you do.
    Ah yes, if i team gets whoped by 50+ points in a 'nationally televised' game, you tend to put it out of your memory bank. Good call..... Go huskies
    Sage

9. What are you talking about? UW did nto participate 2001 Orange Bowl. Florida and Maryland did.
    Any ways, I guess there was a game a cuple years ago that Miami beat Washington pretty bad. Really dont remember the game since it was not home game. In fact, I almost forgot ass spanking Ohio State gave us last yaer.
    My best UW football memory is when they went to Lincon and handed loss to Nebraska on their way to National title. Ahh, Brunel and Billy Joe. Good stuff man. I guess I am really enjoying Apple Cup last few years since we are beating them Cougs good.

10. Uh, The hurricanes play home games in the OB in Miami. Sorry for the confusion, didnt mean the BCS game.

11. Really, I like Sage, good guy, but you UW fans don't need to be talking **** to us Canes.

62-7 in '01. That says it all. Hehe. I've heard that was probably the most electric the OB has been since the late 80's.

12. True, it was embarassing loss for UW, but I am just saying if it was not for them Dawgs your beloved Miami foootball program would have won 2 national titles instead of one. Now how do you like that?

13. Yea, i like Sage too. Hey PHuskies... we really dont have a case. Not too strong of an arguement when you're countering the man by saying we stopped them from going undefeated, while we've been struggling to get 8-9 wins a season for the last decade. This year will be even tougher.
    Sage

14. Huskies,
    I know yall really love saying we lost a shot at the 2000 championship because yall beat us, but the fact is that we got screwed by the then BCS formula. FSU shoulda never been in the OB that year against OU, we should have. We had a better strength of schedule than both you and the Criminoles, and we beat FSU head to head when they were #1.

If you remember, they changed the BCS formula after that fiasco, and we would have played OU with the formula that was present in '01. We would have beaten OU and their mediocre offense in the OB that year.

15. Yeah, that was crap in '00, I would have loved to have seen Dan Morgan flatten Josh Heupel. However, it dosent piss me off much. I had a great time seeing the Canes kick Spurriers ass in the Sugar Bowl. New Orleans was off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to talk about real crap? Lets fast forward to 2002...............You know what I mean.

16. Damn I can not wait for college football season to start.

17. lol, I will alway have something to say no matter how pitiful the agument is. For the record, I do know if we compare UW to Miami for last 5 years, Miami have all over UW... Wins, titles, or number of players drafted. I really dont care how much UW stinks. Unfortunately, as a Seattle sports fan, I am used to supporting teams with losing records like M's this year.
    Yeah, Manu, I got my gameday t-shirts today. I am ready to go.

18. I don't think they have started selling maroon out shirts here yet but once they do that means its on

19. Thank God college football is almost here. I live for Saturdays in the fall. Makes me miss Columbus and Lane Ave, though. They just don't have anything like that out here in CO Springs. It sucks having to order the games, but it's worth it. I know there are a lot of OSU haters out there, but what kind of fan would I be if I was scared to say GO BUCKS!!!

20. In the New Ncca2005 Football by EA Sports, USC is unstoppable, Oklahoma is nearly unstoppable, and Texas is pretty good.
    Miami, Ohio St. are not as good as they should be.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

21. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Huskies,
    I know yall really love saying we lost a shot at the 2000 championship because yall beat us, but the fact is that we got screwed by the then BCS formula. FSU shoulda never been in the OB that year against OU, we should have. We had a better strength of schedule than both you and the Criminoles, and we beat FSU head to head when they were #1.

If you remember, they changed the BCS formula after that fiasco, and we would have played OU with the formula that was present in '01. We would have beaten OU and their mediocre offense in the OB that year.

Ah, you gotta love the Criminole, F$U, Semenoles smack. I doubt "the U" would have fared much better against OU. The Sooners pretty good that year. Sure I could make excuses like, "We were overconfident." or, "We didn't have Snoop." None of it matters except the scoreboard which read 13-2 OU.

It is amazing to read the kind of hate the Canes have toward the Noles. It's as if YOU have lost the last 5 matchups. I have zero love for the Canes, but at least I respect their ability to man up and beat a pretty good FSU team consistantly.

Welcome to the ACC Canes and here's to hoping we can give you a better game this time.

22. "It is amazing to read the kind of hate the Canes have toward the Noles"

Huh? Its called a rivalry, you know, where you really despise the other team? Its one of the top 3 or 4 rivalries in the country, and it has been consistent since the 80's. We all respect the Noles, it will be our toughest game of the year, but there is no love for you guys from any Hurricane. No disrespect, its just what a rivalry is all about. And especially with the 2000 season, since i do remember beating you guys in the OB that year. For FSU to play in the NC felt like a slap in the face.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers
    "It is amazing to read the kind of hate the Canes have toward the Noles"

Huh? Its called a rivalry, you know, where you really despise the other team? Its one of the top 3 or 4 rivalries in the country, and it has been consistent since the 80's. We all respect the Noles, it will be our toughest game of the year, but there is no love for you guys from any Hurricane. No disrespect, its just what a rivalry is all about. And especially with the 2000 season, since i do remember beating you guys in the OB that year. For FSU to play in the NC felt like a slap in the face.
    No, I understand rivalries. I personally feel that this one is THE best. There is no doubt that there is quite a lot of respect given from both teams to the other. This is amazing considering how hotly contested many of these games have been. Really if you look at the last five games, the Noles have played better at Miami.

Our teams really are quite similar. Especially in the area of quarterback. Both players have potential that is rarely tapped to its fullest. As the QB's for these teams go, so goes the team. Personally, I think that Bobby and the coaches play it way too close to the vest when playing the Canes. Much too conservative. Just look at last years OB. The Canes let it all hang out. It won you the game. Perhaps the old 'Riverboat Gambler' days are gone. The fake punt reminded me of Bobby's younger days.

If our coaches had studied much film on you last year, they would have seen you ran the same play against Temple (I believe). Should have seen it coming.

Hey could be worse, we could be Gator fans.

24. Texas vs. Texas A&M is a great rivalry along with Texas and OU.

25. Best Rivalry - No Question: OSU - Michigan
    It's just as big as Yankees - Red Sox

USC opens up the season against Virginia Tech
    USC is clearly the better team - but VT may pull an early season upset. USC may beat them by 50 also.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Yeah, what bugs me about the Trojans is their lack of competition. They were last year, and should be again this year, head and shoulders above anyone other team in the PAC.

If they had the schedule of LSU, we could get a better read on their ability, but sadly, they may get too easy a path to the Orange Bowl/ National Championship.

I have to commend them for playing Va Tech in the college pre season, that's gutsy in this age of BCS rankings when all the others Collegiate powers are warming up on much weaker teams.
    I agree, the PAC10 is weak for football&basketball
    The USC - VTech game is an official game... At least I think.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Thank God, John "Feet of Stone" Navare is gone.
    Why did Michigan hate Navare so much? Lack of big plays or big game success?
    I didn't watch him him other than less than a handful of games. He was decent, and pretty good once he got in a rhythm.

28. Navarre was a good QB. I mean, by the standards at Michigan, it all comes down to if you can beat OSU, and he did.

29. Noles,
    I do not hate FSU, but I really was pissed at seeing them in the Orange in 2000. And you are fooling yourself if you don't think we could have beaten OU. You forget that we had 20 1st round picks on that team. I think our rivalry is probably the 2nd best in football. No one is worse than the Gators, they've officially taken the title of Thug U from us.

Brock - I second the 2002 comment.

And USC's schedule this year is pathetic. The word I've heard is that they came to us, LSU, Texas, and a few of the big teams wanting one of them to come to LA for the kickoff classic (that VT ended up taking), but without a return trip to the other team's stadium. They apparently said that LA was a neutral site. I thought that was pretty funny. I mean, really, no big-time team is going to schedule a one-way ticket to a home game for SC. But I never understood the "spin" coming out of the SC fans on some of the football forums. "Yall (whichever school they were mocking) are scared to play us."

Rogue - I think Meeeeeechigan can pull it out at OSU.

And SC-VT is not the season's first big game, sorry. VT is a washed up team. The season's first big game is on Labor Day night at 8ET. FSU at Miami. God, I can't wait.

30. USC does have a soft schedule this year.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. College Football needs to get here fast!!!
    By Ethereal in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 12:12 AM
  2. COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICK'EM - Join!
    By shootmeagain in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-18-2005, 01:16 AM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 02:17 AM
  4. Official College Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163