Page 3 of 15 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm doing CKD with IF, question is, I limit my carbs to 20-30 grams a day, do they have to be from "good sources" fruits/vegetables?

I only eat meat and eggs as I hate vegetables, so can I add some crackers or some junk as long as it doesn't exceed 20-30 grams a day?

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I'm also at about 20g a day. My carbs come from string cheese, peanut butter, eggs and a bratwurst
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    I'm also at about 20g a day. My carbs come from string cheese, peanut butter, eggs and a bratwurst
    Can they come from junk as long they don't exceed 20g?

I don't see a difference.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So let's take a vote. Who thinks I should try and keep my cals the same during carb up and who thinks I should just scarf? I'm trying to cut fyi
    i likely know even less about this diet than you do, but i'd suggest you go ahead and look to some stats for what you should be speculatively consuming. and then adjust from there after a few weeks or a month. cause' there is that "fat spillover" when you consume too many carbs. but not enough will stifle progress and therefore keep you from losing that fat/gaining.

i'm going for 900g carbs, as that was the amount suggested through "the equation." i'll adjust from there after a few weeks if i need to.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.81%

Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    As long as you're getting a good portion of your fats from other sources as well I don't see why you can't have a steak or two a day. I have had no problems doing this in the past. However, this will vary from individual to individual. If you already have any kind of heart condition I would recommend limiting the red meat (or maybe this isn't the diet for you). But otherwise, eating red meat always seems to give me a nice energy boost. Animal fat is all fair game on this diet. It is when you eat these fats in the presence of carbs that the saturated fat becomes more of a problem (turns into steric acid). Just make sure your getting at least 1g of EPA/DHA per day and are eating plenty of EVOO with your shakes inbetween meals and you should be good to go.
    Thanks Botch. Appreciate all your help!
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.13%

I just drank 180g of liquid carbs. BARF!
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

So let's take a vote. Who thinks I should try and keep my cals the same during carb up and who thinks I should just scarf? I'm trying to cut fyi
    I second the vote that you up the cals. Remember, this is more of a recomposition diet than an all out cut diet. Just watch the fat melt off while you retain all of your muscle or maybe even add a lil' bit.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

I just drank 180g of liquid carbs. BARF!
    BUWAHAHAHAHahhahahAHAHAH!!! It gets easier as the meals progress through the day, I swear! Just man up, and eat that shlt.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    I'm doing CKD with IF, question is, I limit my carbs to 20-30 grams a day, do they have to be from "good sources" fruits/vegetables?

I only eat meat and eggs as I hate vegetables, so can I add some crackers or some junk as long as it doesn't exceed 20-30 grams a day?
    Eat your veggies!!! They do more during this diet for you than you may think. For instance, they will help keep your stomach feeling okay (base/acidity wise) on top of all of the nutrients that you get from them. Also, they are a great source of fiber and it is recommended that you are taking in at least 30g per day on this diet. However, you can go ahead and still eat your 20g of junk carbs, just make sure you're getting some veggies in there too. Honestly, after being on this diet for a while I wouldn't even count the carbs that come from veggies. But still eat them even if you despise them.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    i likely know even less about this diet than you do, but i'd suggest you go ahead and look to some stats for what you should be speculatively consuming. and then adjust from there after a few weeks or a month. cause' there is that "fat spillover" when you consume too many carbs. but not enough will stifle progress and therefore keep you from losing that fat/gaining.

i'm going for 900g carbs, as that was the amount suggested through "the equation." i'll adjust from there after a few weeks if i need to.
    As long as you're cycling your macros correctly you would be surpised at the amount of carbs you would need to eat in order to achieve something like this. It is extremely difficult to get a "fat spillover" if your macros are on point...even if you are eating a ridiculous amount of carbs.
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%

What did you eat so far today BOTCH?
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

I'm not CKD'ing it right now. I got off of the CKD to do a bulking cycle 6 weeks ago which I just finished up. And WOW, my stomach did not like me introducing carbs as fast as I did. Luckily after 6 weeks it is beginning to even out. I think from going carb depleted at a relatively low body fat straight into my cycle with really almost no diet guideline helped me to gain some quality weight. I went from 166 lbs. (depleted) to 184 lbs. (not at all depleted) and still just about as lean as when I went into the cycle. IGF-1 injections during PCT are keeping me able to eat tons of carbs right now though. I also just started some gut health which will hopefully take care of the rest.
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.96%

ok, just finished reading this whole thread. have a question about training di i do 1 full body glycogen depletion/wk or more??so if i plan my carb load for fri/half saturday, i should workout on friday???what can i do throughout the week, or just concentrate on the diet??? also im gonna do the 36hr carb load using anabolic pump. try and get 900g within 1st 24hrs then 450g next 12hrs.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

ok, just finished reading this whole thread. have a question about training di i do 1 full body glycogen depletion/wk or more??
    You should be doing one full-body depletion workout per week with your carb up immediately following the workout.

so if i plan my carb load for fri/half saturday, i should workout on friday???
    Yes, and your workout should be performed BEFORE you begin the carb load.

what can i do throughout the week, or just concentrate on the diet???
    I'm not sure I get exactly what you mean. You should perform tension workouts on Mon, Tues, and maybe Wed. lifting at around 80% of your 1RM.

also im gonna do the 36hr carb load using anabolic pump. try and get 900g within 1st 24hrs then 450g next 12hrs.
    I would leave the anabolic pump out of the carb up. Many people still use it while carbing up, but I challenge you to do a carb load with and without it and tell me what difference you find. I don't know your body weight but that seems like a small amount of carbs for the carb load. It is still a good place to start.
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.96%

well right now im 250 with a high estimate at 17%bf. from the meso article 900g carbs 1st 24hrs is right and 2nd 12hrs at 450g carbs is right too.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

WHOO! what a terrible feeling! just drank me 130g carbs-worth of gatorade powder and then two scoops whey. i forgot that the first re-feed feels WEIRD. i'm a bit nauteous now. gon' go lay down now. meh.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.81%

WHOO! what a terrible feeling! just drank me 130g carbs-worth of gatorade powder and then two scoops whey. i forgot that the first re-feed feels WEIRD. i'm a bit nauteous now. gon' go lay down now. meh.
    Don't forget to drink lots of water during your refeed! It'll make you feel better.
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.96%

really looking to kick up the fatloss due to herniated disk in lower back. ideally i would like to cut down to 195 over the rest of the year. what kinda of macros should i be trying to achieve while being 6'2 250.

just the bare bones, not including other staple supps:
    fat 70%
    protein 30%
    fiber 35-50g/day
  19. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.13%

I'd laike to add that alcohol amakes a great carbloadsss
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.96%

also, what would be the lowest caloric intake i could consume per day, being 6.2 250. if i lose some muscle, so be it. getting my weight down is key
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

Yeah...it is a feeling you will never really get used too unfortunately. But thankfully, after the first 1-2 meals of the carb up I always feel fine and it becomes much easier to consume carbs. The insulin response is kind of like a natural high too...gotta love it!
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

Quote Originally Posted by bigironkiller View Post
    really looking to kick up the fatloss due to herniated disk in lower back. ideally i would like to cut down to 195 over the rest of the year. what kinda of macros should i be trying to achieve while being 6'2 250.

just the bare bones, not including other staple supps:
    fat 70%
    protein 30%
    fiber 35-50g/day
    I'm sorry to hear about the herniated disk in your lower back bro. That sucks. Your macros look great. Fiber looks great too, in fact, I would opt for the 50g per day as well but for most it has to be introduced slowly over time or you'll get the runs and feel like shlt (no pun intended).
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

I'd laike to add that alcohol amakes a great carbloadsss
    Haha! A lil' tipsy, eh? It is nice to unwind with some beers on the carb load for sure but it also (for me, anyways) makes for some serious time on the toilet the next morning!
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

Quote Originally Posted by bigironkiller View Post
    also, what would be the lowest caloric intake i could consume per day, being 6.2 250. if i lose some muscle, so be it. getting my weight down is key
    The author of the anabolic diet Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale also came out with a book called the radical diet. The fat consumed during the week portion of this diet is VERY protein sparing and in this book he has people going as low as 800 calories per day! Of course, for someone your size I wouldn't recommend going that low on the calories. But what you can do is slowly decrease the calories by a couple hundred each week and see how your body responds. You will probably be able to get the calories pretty low and still feel okay without losing too much muscle mass.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yeah...it is a feeling you will never really get used too unfortunately. But thankfully, after the first 1-2 meals of the carb up I always feel fine and it becomes much easier to consume carbs. The insulin response is kind of like a natural high too...gotta love it!
    yeah, after i got another one of them cocktails down, it was time to get down on a tupperware bowl full of cocoa krispies. i had NO problem with that at all! and i'm about to have my last two meals a bit later on. this carb up has been a success. i got me a full body pump going on here and i'm not feeling "puffed up" at all. i'm actually ready for more carbs. but i'm gonna stop at my 950g mark and see how that serves me for the coming week. and next week, i can guarantee progress on my lifts, cause that induction phase, i had been coming off a diet that was only about 120-150g of SLOW carbs a day. and then i stayed off even them for nine days. but after that, i bet this will all be smooth sailing. i'll have mad energy this coming week. y'know, now that i got my diet speculatively nailed down and my training definitely nailed down and i'm using some interesting/proven supps, i should log this. i just might, actually. but i better hurry and get a before pic taken cause i'm already "recomping."

as for the high fat/protein parts of the week, i just plan on taking out a tbsp. of olive oil per week and seeing how that goes. i use up to about 7-8 tbsp. through the day with my protein/fat meals (beef, eggs, string cheese, pb, etc.), and i figure that it'll be convenient to remove cals in that way (120 per week, until i'm down from 2500 cals to 1900. i figure once there, in about 5-6 more weeks, i will have reached my desired composition). i'll also be lowering carbs by 25g per week, depending upon the ol' mirror of course. whatcha think, botch?

p.s.- Botch, you da man. thanks for the help, brother.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.27%

Does fiber count as a carb on the anabolic diet?
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.96%

thanks botch, gotta give you a rep for your contributions in this thread
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.89%

Finally caught up on this fukkin thread. football keeps distracting me. I have a few questions:
    1) would you run this during a cycle of orals?
    2) if yes, would it ruin your cycle by switching your diet to this a week into your cycle
    3) Botch, what were your results running this diet with X-Factor. I feel like that supplement is made for this
    4) What are considered clean fats? Fish oil, evoo,....? what about the fat from the meat? is that considered clean? I have the anabolic diet book and it list foods that are good to eat but only list the calories and # of carbs. Can someone give me a sample of what they eat on a random day with the macro breakdown (that might be too much to ask, if not just point me in the right direction). The damn carb up to me seems like the easiest part as opposed to during the week. any help, thanks in advance
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    Does fiber count as a carb on the anabolic diet?
    fiber never counts, homie.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.05%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i actually just looked at the carbs i'd be removing, which would've been 25g a week, and that is too much. i think i'd have to be losing about 4 lbs. a week to do that. no, i'll remove just 10g or so. that is all.
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

Finally caught up on this fukkin thread. football keeps distracting me. I have a few questions:
    1) would you run this during a cycle of orals?
    Yes. Don't buy into the myths that you can't run certain orals on this diet such as Superdrol, because it is just plain false. Everyone says "oh you need to be eating lots of carbs with superdrol", but this is total bull. I responded better to Superdrol on low-no carbs than I did running a diet with 500+g of carbs per day. Also, my recovery after cycles on this diet was fantastic. The only diet modification I would make is to jack up protein intake to around 400g per day.

2) if yes, would it ruin your cycle by switching your diet to this a week into your cycle
    I wouldn't say that your cycle would be ruined by any means but you probably won't get the same results that you might if you keep to your diet. It would be best to become adjusted to the diet before you get on cycle.

3) Botch, what were your results running this diet with X-Factor. I feel like that supplement is made for this
    See for yourself. If you don't want to read through the whole thing then the last page has before and after pics. Wow, I just realized how small I look in those pics compared to what I look like these days . My bodyfat is now lower than it was in that log and I'm 12 pounds heavier.HyperTrop-X, X-Factor, DCP, Napalm: the ultimate fatloss stack!

4) What are considered clean fats? Fish oil, evoo,....? what about the fat from the meat? is that considered clean? I have the anabolic diet book and it list foods that are good to eat but only list the calories and # of carbs.
    All fats (with the exception of trans fat and medium-chain trigylcerides) are what I would consider "clean" on this diet during the low carb portion. Fat from meat is fair game and recommended. I would also recommend that you shoot for 1g of EPA/DHA per day which with most brands (but it varies) equates to about 10 caps of fish oil. Omega-6's are good for fat loss, so make sure to throw some extra virgin olive oil in your shakes between meals. It is good to keep a balance between saturated, polyunsaturated, and monounsaturated fats. Saturated fats get a bad wrap because when consumed in the presence of carbs convert to stearic acid (which may easily become deposited as bodyfat). But without the presence of insulin there is no need to be worried about consuming saturated fats. Eggs are also good to consume on this diet. Cholesterol is not always a bad thing...when the body has it in abundance it may readily convert into testosterone since the molecules are very similar.

Can someone give me a sample of what they eat on a random day with the macro breakdown (that might be too much to ask, if not just point me in the right direction). The damn carb up to me seems like the easiest part as opposed to during the week. any help, thanks in advance
    Certainly:
    Dosed glucose disposal agent, then 15 minutes later:
    Breakfast:
    3 eggs
    2 tbs. heavy whipping cream
    1/4 cup colby jack cheese
    (make scrambled eggs with above ingredients)
    3 cups spinach

Morning Snack:
    30g whey protein
    1 tbs heavy whipping cream
    1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
    2 tbs milled flax
    1 cap fish oil

Post Workout:
    30g whey protein
    9g walnuts

One hour later (Lunch):
    1 can tuna
    1.5 tbs. mayo
    1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil

Dosed glucose disposal agent, then 15 minutes later:
    Afternoon snack:
    Ground Turkey
    1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
    1 cap fish oil
    5g walnuts

Dinner (sorta):
    20g whey protein
    2 tbs milled flax
    2 tbs heavy whipping cream

Latenight snack (more like dinner):
    Ground Turkey
    1 tbs heavy whipping cream
    3 cups spinach

Total calories: 2686
    31% Protein, 68% Fat, <1% CHO

I just realized that this sample which I pulled from my x-factor log is a little atypical since I cut back fish oil while using arachadonic acid. I almost never eat the same thing two days in a row...I like to eat lots of chicken, steak, fish, sausage, ground beef, and cheese.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.89%

decided to start this tomorrow. my girlfriend thinks i'm f-ing crazy. says i'm defining where the term "meat head" comes from. i went to costco where obviously everything comes in bulk so now you open my fridge and there's freakin sausage, steak, pork chops, bacon, eggs just packed in.....i love it. i'm 233 lbs, do you think i could be around 40g of carbs a day or should i try to stay lower (20-30). my protien has 4g a scoop and i usually use 2 scoops per shake twice a day. that already puts me at 16. any advice? also, how much do veggies (broc. spinach) count for? i was thinking of posting pics before this diet but i have some on my current log:
    First cycle, starting off small....wait!! **** that sh!t
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.89%

pics are on page 5
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

decided to start this tomorrow. my girlfriend thinks i'm f-ing crazy. says i'm defining where the term "meat head" comes from.
    Hahaha! You're not alone bro, my girlfriend things I'm ****ing crazy too with all the dieting madness.

i went to costco where obviously everything comes in bulk so now you open my fridge and there's freakin sausage, steak, pork chops, bacon, eggs just packed in.....i love it. i'm 233 lbs, do you think i could be around 40g of carbs a day or should i try to stay lower (20-30). my protien has 4g a scoop and i usually use 2 scoops per shake twice a day. that already puts me at 16. any advice?
    I would say you are probably fine at 40g of carbs per day, but I would try and keep it at or under that amount. I would look into some different types of protein. I had this same problem in the past where most of my carbs would come from protein shakes. I would check out VPX zero carb protein. I used to go through tubs of this stuff every other week. The graham cracker flavor ain't too shabby. And if you search around a 4.4 lb tub can be had for 33 bucks. And you can still use your protein with carbs in it during the carb up without any consequence.

also, how much do veggies (broc. spinach) count for? i was thinking of posting pics before this diet but i have some on my current log:
    First cycle, starting off small....wait!! **** that sh!t
    Do not count the fiber in the veggies that you eat. So basically spinach counts for nothing. Broccoli has a few extra carbs in there. But once you have become adjusted to this diet I wouldn't even count the carbs in veggies against your daily total since they have almost no impact on blood sugar.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.18%

Quote Originally Posted by austink3417 View Post
    pics are on page 5
    Lookin' BIG my friend.
  36. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.13%

Here's my current, it's kinda ****ty and I could be doing better but whatever:

Breakfast
    4 turkey sausage
    4 Whole eggs

Lunch 1:
    2 string cheese
    1 can tuna
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter

Lunch 2:
    2 string cheese
    8 oz chicken
    2 tbsp peanut butter

Dinner:
    2 Kraft Singles
    1 bratwurst

Dinner2:
    2 turkey burgers

Calories: 2570
    Protein: 223
    Fats: 161
    Carbs: 23

I'm kinda thinking that carbs are still a bit high, but meh.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.81%

Yes. Don't buy into the myths that you can't run certain orals on this diet such as Superdrol, because it is just plain false. Everyone says "oh you need to be eating lots of carbs with superdrol", but this is total bull. I responded better to Superdrol on low-no carbs than I did running a diet with 500+g of carbs per day. Also, my recovery after cycles on this diet was fantastic. The only diet modification I would make is to jack up protein intake to around 400g per day.
    Interesting. Everybody I've read has said you have to run SD on carbs...until now . I have some original Superdrol and may test this out.

I'm thinking about running 20mg ED for 2 or 3 weeks.

Have you heard anything about Trimax (Tricana) on the Anabolic Diet? I have some of that from when they sold it at Custom Nutrition Warehouse.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  266 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.48%

I started the Anabolic Diet recently, picking up a SALTER 1450 food scale and started a logbook to enter food with the macros, etc. I have a few questions.

I'm 6'1, about 275, and weight train as follows: Mon biceps/back, Tues triceps/chest, Wednesday legs/shoulders, Thursday core/pilates, Friday depletion workout (about an hour and a half of supersets and high-reps--almost went ). I also do about half an hour of moderate intensity cardio before breakfast each day.

Nutritionally, I'm taking in 2830 calories, with 280 grams of protein and 190 grams of fat on low carb days. On the carb up weekend, I haven't been weighing it, but I estimate about 400 grams of carbs for each Saturday and Sunday.

Questions;

1.) Is 2830 calories too low for my size? On the low carb days, I find I am usually hungry an hour after I eat one of my five meals, and the hunger gets much worse later in the week.

2.) Once or twice per week I play squash, which tends to burn about 1000 calories (play really intense for about 90 minutes). I'm concerned that it could put me into starvation mode--should I be eating more during days I play squash? I drink a **** ton of BCAAs (Scivation's Xtend, specifically).

3.) On the carb up weekends, do most people track their macros, or just go hog wild? This past weekend I ate a ton of carbs, and went from 275 on Friday morning to 288 on Monday morning. I'm at 281 as of Wednesday morning, and my workouts on Monday/Tuesday were incredible.

4.) For carb up weekends, during the first 24 hours of simple sugars, what kind do you guys go for? I read to avoid fruit (since it refills the liver's glycogen), so I had some soda, cookies, gatorade powder, chocolate, etc. Felt *really* odd right after my meal following depletion, and that didn't really go away until mid Sunday.

Thanks,
    Matt.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.89%

did i read somewhere that you are supposed to kick this off for 12 days straight and then carb load on the weekends? i think i would end up in jail for attacking someone. i've had enough trouble with my first week of this (today is day 4) plus my cycle i'm on. this guy had a honey bun in his hand yesterday and i almost stabbed him with my plastic fork for it. i'll post my daily diet here tonight. also, i'm not sh!tting as much as i used to and sh!tting is one of my favorite parts of the day. any suggestions on this?
  40. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.13%

Quote Originally Posted by Kalakbar View Post
    I started the Anabolic Diet recently, picking up a SALTER 1450 food scale and started a logbook to enter food with the macros, etc. I have a few questions.

I'm 6'1, about 275, and weight train as follows: Mon biceps/back, Tues triceps/chest, Wednesday legs/shoulders, Thursday core/pilates, Friday depletion workout (about an hour and a half of supersets and high-reps--almost went ). I also do about half an hour of moderate intensity cardio before breakfast each day.

Nutritionally, I'm taking in 2830 calories, with 280 grams of protein and 190 grams of fat on low carb days. On the carb up weekend, I haven't been weighing it, but I estimate about 400 grams of carbs for each Saturday and Sunday.

Questions;

1.) Is 2830 calories too low for my size? On the low carb days, I find I am usually hungry an hour after I eat one of my five meals, and the hunger gets much worse later in the week.
    At your weight I would say yes. Shoot for 3300-3400 calories. Get an appetite suppressant for those hunger attacks.

2.) Once or twice per week I play squash, which tends to burn about 1000 calories (play really intense for about 90 minutes). I'm concerned that it could put me into starvation mode--should I be eating more during days I play squash? I drink a **** ton of BCAAs (Scivation's Xtend, specifically).
    It depends. You should be adjusting your caloric intake in cooperation with your activity level so that you have around a 500 calorie deficit each day.

3.) On the carb up weekends, do most people track their macros, or just go hog wild? This past weekend I ate a ton of carbs, and went from 275 on Friday morning to 288 on Monday morning. I'm at 281 as of Wednesday morning, and my workouts on Monday/Tuesday were incredible.
    Yes, it's important to atleast keep track of amount of carbs, protein, fat. Calories aren't as important here but still important. You should be eating FAR more than 400g of carbs each carb load day.

4.) For carb up weekends, during the first 24 hours of simple sugars, what kind do you guys go for? I read to avoid fruit (since it refills the liver's glycogen), so I had some soda, cookies, gatorade powder, chocolate, etc. Felt *really* odd right after my meal following depletion, and that didn't really go away until mid Sunday.
    I usually spring for a high sugar non fructose fake fruit drink mixed with gatorade powder, a sleeve or two of white bread, cookies and a bunch of sugary cereal. Sunday would be more solid foods like yams and pasta, whole wheat bread etc.

Thanks,
    Matt.

^^^

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Refeed/carb up MEGA thread..
    By Frank Reynolds in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 05:33 AM
  2. Molecular Nutrition's MEGA Testing Stacking Thread
    By jjohn in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 07:52 PM