CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
WHOO! what a terrible feeling! just drank me 130g carbs-worth of gatorade powder and then two scoops whey. i forgot that the first re-feed feels WEIRD. i'm a bit nauteous now. gon' go lay down now. meh.
Yeah...it is a feeling you will never really get used too unfortunately. But thankfully, after the first 1-2 meals of the carb up I always feel fine and it becomes much easier to consume carbs. The insulin response is kind of like a natural high too...gotta love it!

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
really looking to kick up the fatloss due to herniated disk in lower back. ideally i would like to cut down to 195 over the rest of the year. what kinda of macros should i be trying to achieve while being 6'2 250.

just the bare bones, not including other staple supps:
fat 70%
protein 30%
fiber 35-50g/day
I'm sorry to hear about the herniated disk in your lower back bro. That sucks. Your macros look great. Fiber looks great too, in fact, I would opt for the 50g per day as well but for most it has to be introduced slowly over time or you'll get the runs and feel like shlt (no pun intended).

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
I'd laike to add that alcohol amakes a great carbloadsss
Haha! A lil' tipsy, eh? It is nice to unwind with some beers on the carb load for sure but it also (for me, anyways) makes for some serious time on the toilet the next morning!

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
also, what would be the lowest caloric intake i could consume per day, being 6.2 250. if i lose some muscle, so be it. getting my weight down is key
The author of the anabolic diet Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale also came out with a book called the radical diet. The fat consumed during the week portion of this diet is VERY protein sparing and in this book he has people going as low as 800 calories per day! Of course, for someone your size I wouldn't recommend going that low on the calories. But what you can do is slowly decrease the calories by a couple hundred each week and see how your body responds. You will probably be able to get the calories pretty low and still feel okay without losing too much muscle mass.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Yeah...it is a feeling you will never really get used too unfortunately. But thankfully, after the first 1-2 meals of the carb up I always feel fine and it becomes much easier to consume carbs. The insulin response is kind of like a natural high too...gotta love it!
yeah, after i got another one of them cocktails down, it was time to get down on a tupperware bowl full of cocoa krispies. i had NO problem with that at all! and i'm about to have my last two meals a bit later on. this carb up has been a success. i got me a full body pump going on here and i'm not feeling "puffed up" at all. i'm actually ready for more carbs. but i'm gonna stop at my 950g mark and see how that serves me for the coming week. and next week, i can guarantee progress on my lifts, cause that induction phase, i had been coming off a diet that was only about 120-150g of SLOW carbs a day. and then i stayed off even them for nine days. but after that, i bet this will all be smooth sailing. i'll have mad energy this coming week. y'know, now that i got my diet speculatively nailed down and my training definitely nailed down and i'm using some interesting/proven supps, i should log this. i just might, actually. but i better hurry and get a before pic taken cause i'm already "recomping."

as for the high fat/protein parts of the week, i just plan on taking out a tbsp. of olive oil per week and seeing how that goes. i use up to about 7-8 tbsp. through the day with my protein/fat meals (beef, eggs, string cheese, pb, etc.), and i figure that it'll be convenient to remove cals in that way (120 per week, until i'm down from 2500 cals to 1900. i figure once there, in about 5-6 more weeks, i will have reached my desired composition). i'll also be lowering carbs by 25g per week, depending upon the ol' mirror of course. whatcha think, botch?

p.s.- Botch, you da man. thanks for the help, brother.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks botch, gotta give you a rep for your contributions in this thread

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
Finally caught up on this fukkin thread. football keeps distracting me. I have a few questions:
1) would you run this during a cycle of orals?
2) if yes, would it ruin your cycle by switching your diet to this a week into your cycle
3) Botch, what were your results running this diet with X-Factor. I feel like that supplement is made for this
4) What are considered clean fats? Fish oil, evoo,....? what about the fat from the meat? is that considered clean? I have the anabolic diet book and it list foods that are good to eat but only list the calories and # of carbs. Can someone give me a sample of what they eat on a random day with the macro breakdown (that might be too much to ask, if not just point me in the right direction). The damn carb up to me seems like the easiest part as opposed to during the week. any help, thanks in advance

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i actually just looked at the carbs i'd be removing, which would've been 25g a week, and that is too much. i think i'd have to be losing about 4 lbs. a week to do that. no, i'll remove just 10g or so. that is all.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Finally caught up on this fukkin thread. football keeps distracting me. I have a few questions:
1) would you run this during a cycle of orals?
Yes. Don't buy into the myths that you can't run certain orals on this diet such as Superdrol, because it is just plain false. Everyone says "oh you need to be eating lots of carbs with superdrol", but this is total bull. I responded better to Superdrol on low-no carbs than I did running a diet with 500+g of carbs per day. Also, my recovery after cycles on this diet was fantastic. The only diet modification I would make is to jack up protein intake to around 400g per day.

2) if yes, would it ruin your cycle by switching your diet to this a week into your cycle
I wouldn't say that your cycle would be ruined by any means but you probably won't get the same results that you might if you keep to your diet. It would be best to become adjusted to the diet before you get on cycle.

3) Botch, what were your results running this diet with X-Factor. I feel like that supplement is made for this
See for yourself. If you don't want to read through the whole thing then the last page has before and after pics. Wow, I just realized how small I look in those pics compared to what I look like these days :D. My bodyfat is now lower than it was in that log and I'm 12 pounds heavier.http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/92717-hypertrop-x-x.html

4) What are considered clean fats? Fish oil, evoo,....? what about the fat from the meat? is that considered clean? I have the anabolic diet book and it list foods that are good to eat but only list the calories and # of carbs.
All fats (with the exception of trans fat and medium-chain trigylcerides) are what I would consider "clean" on this diet during the low carb portion. Fat from meat is fair game and recommended. I would also recommend that you shoot for 1g of EPA/DHA per day which with most brands (but it varies) equates to about 10 caps of fish oil. Omega-6's are good for fat loss, so make sure to throw some extra virgin olive oil in your shakes between meals. It is good to keep a balance between saturated, polyunsaturated, and monounsaturated fats. Saturated fats get a bad wrap because when consumed in the presence of carbs convert to stearic acid (which may easily become deposited as bodyfat). But without the presence of insulin there is no need to be worried about consuming saturated fats. Eggs are also good to consume on this diet. Cholesterol is not always a bad thing...when the body has it in abundance it may readily convert into testosterone since the molecules are very similar.

Can someone give me a sample of what they eat on a random day with the macro breakdown (that might be too much to ask, if not just point me in the right direction). The damn carb up to me seems like the easiest part as opposed to during the week. any help, thanks in advance
Certainly:
Dosed glucose disposal agent, then 15 minutes later:
Breakfast:
3 eggs
2 tbs. heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup colby jack cheese
(make scrambled eggs with above ingredients)
3 cups spinach

Morning Snack:
30g whey protein
1 tbs heavy whipping cream
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs milled flax
1 cap fish oil

Post Workout:
30g whey protein
9g walnuts

One hour later (Lunch):
1 can tuna
1.5 tbs. mayo
1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil

Dosed glucose disposal agent, then 15 minutes later:
Afternoon snack:
Ground Turkey
1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 cap fish oil
5g walnuts

Dinner (sorta):
20g whey protein
2 tbs milled flax
2 tbs heavy whipping cream

Latenight snack (more like dinner):
Ground Turkey
1 tbs heavy whipping cream
3 cups spinach

Total calories: 2686
31% Protein, 68% Fat, <1% CHO

I just realized that this sample which I pulled from my x-factor log is a little atypical since I cut back fish oil while using arachadonic acid. I almost never eat the same thing two days in a row...I like to eat lots of chicken, steak, fish, sausage, ground beef, and cheese.

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
decided to start this tomorrow. my girlfriend thinks i'm f-ing crazy. says i'm defining where the term "meat head" comes from. i went to costco where obviously everything comes in bulk so now you open my fridge and there's freakin sausage, steak, pork chops, bacon, eggs just packed in.....i love it. i'm 233 lbs, do you think i could be around 40g of carbs a day or should i try to stay lower (20-30). my protien has 4g a scoop and i usually use 2 scoops per shake twice a day. that already puts me at 16. any advice? also, how much do veggies (broc. spinach) count for? i was thinking of posting pics before this diet but i have some on my current log:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/100515-first-cycle-starting.html

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
decided to start this tomorrow. my girlfriend thinks i'm f-ing crazy. says i'm defining where the term "meat head" comes from.
Hahaha! You're not alone bro, my girlfriend things I'm ****ing crazy too with all the dieting madness.

i went to costco where obviously everything comes in bulk so now you open my fridge and there's freakin sausage, steak, pork chops, bacon, eggs just packed in.....i love it. i'm 233 lbs, do you think i could be around 40g of carbs a day or should i try to stay lower (20-30). my protien has 4g a scoop and i usually use 2 scoops per shake twice a day. that already puts me at 16. any advice?
I would say you are probably fine at 40g of carbs per day, but I would try and keep it at or under that amount. I would look into some different types of protein. I had this same problem in the past where most of my carbs would come from protein shakes. I would check out VPX zero carb protein. I used to go through tubs of this stuff every other week. The graham cracker flavor ain't too shabby. And if you search around a 4.4 lb tub can be had for 33 bucks. And you can still use your protein with carbs in it during the carb up without any consequence.

also, how much do veggies (broc. spinach) count for? i was thinking of posting pics before this diet but i have some on my current log:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/100515-first-cycle-starting.html
Do not count the fiber in the veggies that you eat. So basically spinach counts for nothing. Broccoli has a few extra carbs in there. But once you have become adjusted to this diet I wouldn't even count the carbs in veggies against your daily total since they have almost no impact on blood sugar.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Here's my current, it's kinda shitty and I could be doing better but whatever:

Breakfast
4 turkey sausage
4 Whole eggs

Lunch 1:
2 string cheese
1 can tuna
2 tbsp natural peanut butter

Lunch 2:
2 string cheese
8 oz chicken
2 tbsp peanut butter

Dinner:
2 Kraft Singles
1 bratwurst

Dinner2:
2 turkey burgers

Calories: 2570
Protein: 223
Fats: 161
Carbs: 23

I'm kinda thinking that carbs are still a bit high, but meh.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Yes. Don't buy into the myths that you can't run certain orals on this diet such as Superdrol, because it is just plain false. Everyone says "oh you need to be eating lots of carbs with superdrol", but this is total bull. I responded better to Superdrol on low-no carbs than I did running a diet with 500+g of carbs per day. Also, my recovery after cycles on this diet was fantastic. The only diet modification I would make is to jack up protein intake to around 400g per day.
Interesting. Everybody I've read has said you have to run SD on carbs...until now :). I have some original Superdrol and may test this out.

I'm thinking about running 20mg ED for 2 or 3 weeks.

Have you heard anything about Trimax (Tricana) on the Anabolic Diet? I have some of that from when they sold it at Custom Nutrition Warehouse.

Kalakbar

Awards
I started the Anabolic Diet recently, picking up a SALTER 1450 food scale and started a logbook to enter food with the macros, etc. I have a few questions.

I'm 6'1, about 275, and weight train as follows: Mon biceps/back, Tues triceps/chest, Wednesday legs/shoulders, Thursday core/pilates, Friday depletion workout (about an hour and a half of supersets and high-reps--almost went :eek: ). I also do about half an hour of moderate intensity cardio before breakfast each day.

Nutritionally, I'm taking in 2830 calories, with 280 grams of protein and 190 grams of fat on low carb days. On the carb up weekend, I haven't been weighing it, but I estimate about 400 grams of carbs for each Saturday and Sunday.

Questions;

1.) Is 2830 calories too low for my size? On the low carb days, I find I am usually hungry an hour after I eat one of my five meals, and the hunger gets much worse later in the week.

2.) Once or twice per week I play squash, which tends to burn about 1000 calories (play really intense for about 90 minutes). I'm concerned that it could put me into starvation mode--should I be eating more during days I play squash? I drink a **** ton of BCAAs (Scivation's Xtend, specifically).

3.) On the carb up weekends, do most people track their macros, or just go hog wild? This past weekend I ate a ton of carbs, and went from 275 on Friday morning to 288 on Monday morning. I'm at 281 as of Wednesday morning, and my workouts on Monday/Tuesday were incredible.

4.) For carb up weekends, during the first 24 hours of simple sugars, what kind do you guys go for? I read to avoid fruit (since it refills the liver's glycogen), so I had some soda, cookies, gatorade powder, chocolate, etc. Felt *really* odd right after my meal following depletion, and that didn't really go away until mid Sunday.

Thanks,
Matt.

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
did i read somewhere that you are supposed to kick this off for 12 days straight and then carb load on the weekends? i think i would end up in jail for attacking someone. i've had enough trouble with my first week of this (today is day 4) plus my cycle i'm on. this guy had a honey bun in his hand yesterday and i almost stabbed him with my plastic fork for it. i'll post my daily diet here tonight. also, i'm not sh!tting as much as i used to and sh!tting is one of my favorite parts of the day. any suggestions on this?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I started the Anabolic Diet recently, picking up a SALTER 1450 food scale and started a logbook to enter food with the macros, etc. I have a few questions.

I'm 6'1, about 275, and weight train as follows: Mon biceps/back, Tues triceps/chest, Wednesday legs/shoulders, Thursday core/pilates, Friday depletion workout (about an hour and a half of supersets and high-reps--almost went :eek: ). I also do about half an hour of moderate intensity cardio before breakfast each day.

Nutritionally, I'm taking in 2830 calories, with 280 grams of protein and 190 grams of fat on low carb days. On the carb up weekend, I haven't been weighing it, but I estimate about 400 grams of carbs for each Saturday and Sunday.

Questions;

1.) Is 2830 calories too low for my size? On the low carb days, I find I am usually hungry an hour after I eat one of my five meals, and the hunger gets much worse later in the week.
At your weight I would say yes. Shoot for 3300-3400 calories. Get an appetite suppressant for those hunger attacks.

2.) Once or twice per week I play squash, which tends to burn about 1000 calories (play really intense for about 90 minutes). I'm concerned that it could put me into starvation mode--should I be eating more during days I play squash? I drink a **** ton of BCAAs (Scivation's Xtend, specifically).
It depends. You should be adjusting your caloric intake in cooperation with your activity level so that you have around a 500 calorie deficit each day.

3.) On the carb up weekends, do most people track their macros, or just go hog wild? This past weekend I ate a ton of carbs, and went from 275 on Friday morning to 288 on Monday morning. I'm at 281 as of Wednesday morning, and my workouts on Monday/Tuesday were incredible.
Yes, it's important to atleast keep track of amount of carbs, protein, fat. Calories aren't as important here but still important. You should be eating FAR more than 400g of carbs each carb load day.

4.) For carb up weekends, during the first 24 hours of simple sugars, what kind do you guys go for? I read to avoid fruit (since it refills the liver's glycogen), so I had some soda, cookies, gatorade powder, chocolate, etc. Felt *really* odd right after my meal following depletion, and that didn't really go away until mid Sunday.
I usually spring for a high sugar non fructose fake fruit drink mixed with gatorade powder, a sleeve or two of white bread, cookies and a bunch of sugary cereal. Sunday would be more solid foods like yams and pasta, whole wheat bread etc.

Thanks,
Matt.

^^^

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
Get to fukkin eat some fukkin food again tonight. yeah buddy!!!!
:cheers:
:djparty:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I wish I was, but I'm too broke to buy the necessary foods :(

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarb UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!!!!!word. just movin' this thread to the top so as to keep it from being buried, ya heard?

man, can't wait for my cocoa krispies (only 3g fat with skim milk, of course:eek:) HA............HA!

P.S.- i feel i'm losing weight, as i just bought a smaller pair of jeans with a relaxed fit, and not loose! yeah, buddy. i'm wearing what would have been thigh/nut huggers already now. but anyways, i still feel a bit fat. any reasons why? i mean, i'm losing weight, yet i can still bend down and grab the same handful of fat. weird. maybe i'll just not fixate and keep getting my weight up (the iron, not the body).

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
waxy maize shake, 2 gatorades down and i to go. this sucks. i'm about to puke. i have to have 153g of simple carbs or some shvt???????? after the first gatorade i couldn't fit anymore. now, i'm breaking into a sweat with every sip

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
is anyone else on the anabolic diet ALWAY hungry...ill eat a meal and 40 mins later im starving lol. so weird. good way to bulk and still lose fat tho :]

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
is anyone else on the anabolic diet ALWAY hungry...ill eat a meal and 40 mins later im starving lol. so weird. good way to bulk and still lose fat tho :]
absolutely.....this was my first week though. by wed, and yesterday(thurs.) i was a complete prick to anyone around. today though i wasn't that hungry and was on the diet until about 7. now i'm carb loading and this part is actually harder then i thought.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
absolutely.....this was my first week though. by wed, and yesterday(thurs.) i was a complete prick to anyone around. today though i wasn't that hungry and was on the diet until about 7. now i'm carb loading and this part is actually harder then i thought.
the first one after the induction phase is a bit hard at first. you'll be straight soon enough.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I'm jealous of you guys already carbing up. I'm waiting till tomorrow so I can drink beer and eat chips while I watch football.

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
I'm jealous of you guys already carbing up. I'm waiting till tomorrow so I can drink beer and eat chips while I watch football.
i'm doing the 48 hour carb up. simple first 24, complex 2nd, and beer falls into both of these categories

Kalakbar

Awards
350 grams of carbs after my depletion workout I'm feeling like King Kong on Cocaine. God damn, this feeling makes the entire week of emptiness worth it ;P Probably one of the only "natural" highs I can get past drug testing =D

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
i feel tired as ****. i keep eating though, or trying anyway. rice crispy treats were just made. can't wait

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
i'm doing the 48 hour carb up. simple first 24, complex 2nd, and beer falls into both of these categories
Me too, but I like watching football all day, including the Sunday Night Game :thumbsup:

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
Me too, but I like watching football all day, including the Sunday Night Game :thumbsup:
so, how would you do that? Stay on low carb throughout Friday night, then do a depletion workout sat. morning? High carb, all friday and sat.? that sounds interesting. that actually sounds great. ckd football diet. nice:thumbsup:

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
so, how would you do that? Stay on low carb throughout Friday night, then do a depletion workout sat. morning? High carb, all friday and sat.? that sounds interesting. that actually sounds great. ckd football diet. nice:thumbsup:
Exactly. Just did my depletion workout (8am Sat morning) and had my waxy maize/whey shake (120g carbs/50g protein). Its time for a day of sugar cereal! I went to Costco yesterday and got the Apple Jacks/ Froot Loops/ Corn Pops three pack. Gonna be some good eating!:food:

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. Just did my depletion workout (8am Sat morning) and had my waxy maize/whey shake (120g carbs/50g protein). Its time for a day of sugar cereal! I went to Costco yesterday and got the Apple Jacks/ Froot Loops/ Corn Pops three pack. Gonna be some good eating!:food:
haha, i hear ya. how many carbs per mg of waxy maize?

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
that's pretty much what i mean. but i got the kwick carb from nutra planet and it has no scooper. i've been using a protien scooper

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
that's pretty much what i mean. but i got the kwick carb from nutra planet and it has no scooper. i've been using a protien scooper
Ah ok. I got mine from the Vitamin Shop. I think I overpaid...5 pounds for 35 bucks. Came with a scooper though! :thumbsup:

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do basically the same thing.. But all in one day now.. Start off simplier, then taper to more complex.

I did the duchane way for a while, and i ALWAYS felt like **** on Fridays liquid/simple carbs..

I feel much better now, and can say i am making the same progress, and just about the same "rebound" from refeeds.

What worked for me though, is to not take so much liquid carbs.. I'd still have some gatorade/WMS after my workout, but I started to eat different kinds of gummy candies like sour patch kids, mike and ike, sweedish fish, gummy bears, etc. Lots of sugar, no/low fat, and don't make me feel like a piece of ****, or have to run to the bathroom every 15 min.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I think my head is gonna fall off. This is the end of the first week for me - me. want. carbs!

I swear, tomorrows carbed liquids/foods better be amazing!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
yo mah ma, as cosmo kramer would say. i've been going about this thing a bit wrong, i think. i've been trying to do this like a conventional diet, and just staying a few 100 below my maintenance. and i had lost weight last week, the water and whatnot. but nothing since then. i think after having read this: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/54527-determining-maximum-dietary.html#post652746

i will lower my cals more. i'm sitting at about 15% fat right now, and weighing in at about 200. that would mean i could safely lose up to 20 lbs. of fat. i've been taking in 950g of carbs on my carbup friday/sat. morning and 2250+ cals sunday through friday evening.

i suspect that i could lower them more. i'm dropping down to 1850 and lowering my carb up to 750g from 950 starting this next week. heck i'd also read that individuals with more fat shouldn't overdo their carbup, but i'll try and stick to guidlines. i'm also gonna, as suggested by CryingEmo, incorporate some HIT. I'll be doing that three times a week.

time to eat less and work more i reckon. unless anyone has a better idea. botch? rugger?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yo mah ma, as cosmo kramer would say. i've been going about this thing a bit wrong, i think. i've been trying to do this like a conventional diet, and just staying a few 100 below my maintenance. and i had lost weight last week, the water and whatnot. but nothing since then. i think after having read this: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/54527-determining-maximum-dietary.html#post652746

i will lower my cals more. i'm sitting at about 15% fat right now, and weighing in at about 200. that would mean i could safely lose up to 20 lbs. of fat. i've been taking in 950g of carbs on my carbup friday/sat. morning and 2250+ cals sunday through friday evening.

i suspect that i could lower them more. i'm dropping down to 1850 and lowering my carb up to 750g from 950 starting this next week. heck i'd also read that individuals with more fat shouldn't overdo their carbup, but i'll try and stick to guidlines. i'm also gonna, as suggested by CryingEmo, incorporate some HIT. I'll be doing that three times a week.

time to eat less and work more i reckon. unless anyone has a better idea. botch? rugger?
Do you fluctuate your cals at all durring the week?

Honestly 2250 is decently low for someone your weight/bf. If i were you id (these numbers are just an example) try to fluctuate. You can do this based on Training days/non training days, whatever you wanna do.

Also what is your current cardio lookin like?

2250 x 5=11,250

Sun-1800
Mon-2600
Tue-2125
Wed-2600
thur-2125

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Have you heard anything about Trimax (Tricana) on the Anabolic Diet? I have some of that from when they sold it at Custom Nutrition Warehouse.
Tricana...this is a metabolite of T3, no? I really can't comment on this product because I know very little about it and I don't know anyone personally who has had experience with it.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Do you fluctuate your cals at all durring the week?

Honestly 2250 is decently low for someone your weight/bf. If i were you id (these numbers are just an example) try to fluctuate. You can do this based on Training days/non training days, whatever you wanna do.

Also what is your current cardio lookin like?

2250 x 5=11,250

Sun-1800
Mon-2600
Tue-2125
Wed-2600
thur-2125
Great advice! :thumbsup:

austink3417

austink3417

Awards
  • Established
i was just at costco and picked up some grape juice b/c it has 39g of suger per 8 oz. its from concentrate but now i'm worried that the sugar is from the fruit which if i'm right, you're supposed to stay away from. anyone have an answer, i know the answer it probably pretty obvious to everyone but me

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I forgot how much carb ups suck after the initial meal. I can't eat anymore without feeling sick to my stomach.

IroNwIlL2006

IroNwIlL2006

Awards
Good thread brother. Don't know much about CKD but have read the anabolic diet e-book (http://www.scribd.com/doc/2437047/Anabolic-Diet) posted by another member here a while back. Ive been on it for a few months now and found it really helpful this summer with preserving muscle while working a very physically demanding job. I would advise anyone interested in the anabolic diet to skip the first carb-up altogether so as to ensure that your body has gone through the "metabolic shift." I would also recommend that carbs be kept to an absolute minimum, meaning only vegtables and nuts and the like, during the trace carb fazes. You do not want to be eating 40 grams of carbs a day if you are following Di Pascuale's diet. Another important thing to consider is that this diet has the potential to be very dangerous, particularly while using a substance known to wreak havoc on cholesterol levels (ie Superdrol). It can be done safely, but healthier food choices need to be made, and EPA/DHA supplementation becomes even more essential.

I really don't know why this diet is not more popular and I applaud you for offering your help and providing guidance to all the members here. I myself am in the midst of conducting an experiment regarding the anabolic diet and a nice, long, 20+ week aas cycle. I will let the board know how it goes.

PS- I avoid simple carbs during carb ups precisely because they make me feel like sh*t. Ive found that I feel better and still get the same pumped look/feeling consuming 'good carbs'. With the ability to add in all kinds of fat, you can make whole wheat pasta and oats taste pretty f*cking awesome anyway.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
i can't remember why fructose carbs are bad for carb-ups. Anyone remember?

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Good thread brother. Don't know much about CKD but have read the anabolic diet e-book (http://www.scribd.com/doc/2437047/Anabolic-Diet) posted by another member here a while back. Ive been on it for a few months now and found it really helpful this summer with preserving muscle while working a very physically demanding job. I would advise anyone interested in the anabolic diet to skip the first carb-up altogether so as to ensure that your body has gone through the "metabolic shift." I would also recommend that carbs be kept to an absolute minimum, meaning only vegtables and nuts and the like, during the trace carb fazes. You do not want to be eating 40 grams of carbs a day if you are following Di Pascuale's diet. Another important thing to consider is that this diet has the potential to be very dangerous, particularly while using a substance known to wreak havoc on cholesterol levels (ie Superdrol). It can be done safely, but healthier food choices need to be made, and EPA/DHA supplementation becomes even more essential.

I really don't know why this diet is not more popular and I applaud you for offering your help and providing guidance to all the members here. I myself am in the midst of conducting an experiment regarding the anabolic diet and a nice, long, 20+ week aas cycle. I will let the board know how it goes.

PS- I avoid simple carbs during carb ups precisely because they make me feel like sh*t. Ive found that I feel better and still get the same pumped look/feeling consuming 'good carbs'. With the ability to add in all kinds of fat, you can make whole wheat pasta and oats taste pretty f*cking awesome anyway.
Great input bro! Keep us posted on the results of your cycle.