CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Well considering you're quite the delightful fellow im sure you'll get alot more responses now!

HAHAHAHA...Seriously...EVERYBODY DROP WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS NOW!!! OH AND DO IT FOR FREE!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
this is one of the worst websites ever, no one ever responds, wtf
First off, the people that frequent and answer the questions on the keto related threads are usually busy. Waiting a day for a response and a little patience isn't too much to give when your asking for information.

10 percent body fat is the general point that you don't want to pass. It doesn't make any sense to stay at the suggested maintenance level until you get to 10 percent body fat. You can stay at a maintenance level for about 2 weeks to a month until you get the feel for it, then cut.

Basically, if your above 10 percent cut, if you are below, bulk unless your going in for a show. Thats the gist of it.

dedication

Awards
HAHAHAHA...Seriously...EVERYBODY DROP WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS NOW!!! OH AND DO IT FOR FREE!
i will pay you if you want, i really jus wanna start this diet and wanna do it right, i apologize for being inconsiderate earlier

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
Is milk in my post workout shake ok or should I switch to water? I normally use one cup of milk about 14 g of carbs.

Also should I wait to start this until I get home, as I am deployed right now and that makes it hard for me to count my daily calorie intake, I know how to avoid the carbs but I have no accurate count of my fat and protien intake for most of what I eat.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is milk in my post workout shake ok or should I switch to water? I normally use one cup of milk about 14 g of carbs.

Also should I wait to start this until I get home, as I am deployed right now and that makes it hard for me to count my daily calorie intake, I know how to avoid the carbs but I have no accurate count of my fat and protien intake for most of what I eat.

14g of carbs is about what I eat daily on the ad.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established

First, thumbs up for being on deployment.

Second, we have a guy here who was deployed and was able to do the diet for some time until he was moved to a different station and wasn't able to get the macro counts he needed.

The best thing for you to do would be either get some grasp of what you are getting in, find out what the portion sizes are, go to a site like nutritiondata.com and figure it out, or wait.

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
First, thumbs up for being on deployment.

Second, we have a guy here who was deployed and was able to do the diet for some time until he was moved to a different station and wasn't able to get the macro counts he needed.

The best thing for you to do would be either get some grasp of what you are getting in, find out what the portion sizes are, go to a site like nutritiondata.com and figure it out, or wait.
I am going to wait I only have 2 months left, so in the mean time I am going to try somthing like TKD and only take in carbs pre and post workout

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
^^^^

Good idea. Have you ever done a CKD or low carb diet before?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am going to wait I only have 2 months left, so in the mean time I am going to try somthing like TKD and only take in carbs pre and post workout
For me, i prefer carbs post wo, only.. I do a carb meal upon getting in my car(wms), then 30 min later another carb/pro meal.

Try both, by all means, but for me, i don't like how i feel with carbs pre-wo.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
For me, i prefer carbs post wo, only.. I do a carb meal upon getting in my car(wms), then 30 min later another carb/pro meal.

Try both, by all means, but for me, i don't like how i feel with carbs pre-wo.
Alot of people, including myself, don't respond well to carbs pre workout.

mrSlate

Awards
Ok I have read thru the whole thread and gleaned alot of good info. I have also read the good Dr's Anabolic diet ebook and was wondering weather or not to lower the starting caloric intake for my wife? 18x my body weight isnt a problem for me as I'm wanting fat loss recomp end result, but my wife she is wanting to drop weight all around. I know I'm leaving alot of info out of my question just trying to get a general idea i.e drop her cals to 14X body weight etc..thanks.

Jaegernaut

Jaegernaut

Awards
Alot of people, including myself, don't respond well to carbs pre workout.

I won't be taking in carbs right before my work out, I eat breakfast at 0600-0630 and workout at 0800. And I have never tried a no cab/low carb diet before.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Ok I have read thru the whole thread and gleaned alot of good info. I have also read the good Dr's Anabolic diet ebook and was wondering weather or not to lower the starting caloric intake for my wife? 18x my body weight isnt a problem for me as I'm wanting fat loss recomp end result, but my wife she is wanting to drop weight all around. I know I'm leaving alot of info out of my question just trying to get a general idea i.e drop her cals to 14X body weight etc..thanks.
The diet can be used to cut all around weight. Instead of going by a figure of 14X body weight, I would find out what your wife needs to take in daily to maintain weight then work off of that figure. Track calories through the week, see if she gains or loses any weight then figure out what her daily caloric intake is roughly and work from there.

I won't be taking in carbs right before my work out, I eat breakfast at 0600-0630 and workout at 0800. And I have never tried a no cab/low carb diet before.
Ahh, I see, good luck.

mrSlate

Awards
Thanks much appreciated..I just realized I was figuring her maintenance out wrong..the cals now seem a little more reasonable for her.

pistolgripump

pistolgripump

Awards
man this threads great..I just started this diet today...it sounds perfect for me cuz I always have probs with fat gain ad muscle loss on a carb based diet....wish me luck!

mrSlate

Awards
Anyone have soda during refeeds as it is simple sugar..man I'm craving pepsi. Dont normally drink a lot of soda but it sounds awfully good.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have soda during refeeds as it is simple sugar..man I'm craving pepsi. Dont normally drink a lot of soda but it sounds awfully good.
I might have a few cups, but soda has HFCS, 55/45 fructose to glucose I believe. Fructose isn't good for refeeds for a few reasons.

1. It doesn't illicit a strong insuligenic response
2. Its not going to do much at all in terms of restoring muscle glycogen
3. It can interfere with reestablishing ketosis and excess fructose is ran into adipose tissue stores (the first being an easy solution with a cardio session, the second variable depending on how much you eat).

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
betty crocker banana nut muffin mix and better crocker brownie mix, ok for a carb up?

it has corn syrup, which has me a little worried but not HFCS.

I wanted some muffins and brownies, and I ALWAYS make everything myself, from pizzas to bread.
But for some reason I just saw this and wanted it and I didnt even look at the ingredients or anything.

I dont know wtf was wrong with me lol.

as soon as I got home and unpacked the groceries I was like...wait..i should've checked this...

dammit.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Corn syrup is 100% glucose.
is this good or bad?

im thinking its good for a carb up right?

Im going through the powerlifter book tho right now.

also my supps are as follows:
leviathan
dcp
lean extreme
powerfull
orange triad
glycobol

these seem ok for this?

snyper2k2

Awards
I started monday! Today I got ketostix and im at the halfway color. Would it be ok to refeed sunday? Or should I just refeed tonight and tomorrow?

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I started monday! Today I got ketostix and im at the halfway color. Would it be ok to refeed sunday? Or should I just refeed tonight and tomorrow?

ur supposed to wait initially for your first refeed 10 -14 days to see how you feel on low carbohydrates.

As far as ketostix are concerned, they are extremely inaccurate.

elshano

elshano

Awards
hey blokes, just after a few tips. i'm into week 2 AD, honestly getting a little sick of bacon and eggs every morning. (no matter which way you do the eggs, they're still eggs!) any thoughts on alternative AD breakfast foods?

in terms of snack foods, i have things like tuna, sunflower/pine seeds, unprocessed almonds, cashews and macadamias, full fat cheese, just after some variety that fits the high fat/med protein/low carb criteria.

appreciate any thoughts, cheers!

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey blokes, just after a few tips. i'm into week 2 AD, honestly getting a little sick of bacon and eggs every morning. (no matter which way you do the eggs, they're still eggs!) any thoughts on alternative AD breakfast foods?

in terms of snack foods, i have things like tuna, sunflower/pine seeds, unprocessed almonds, cashews and macadamias, full fat cheese, just after some variety that fits the high fat/med protein/low carb criteria.

appreciate any thoughts, cheers!

Chorizo(mexican sausage), and regular sausage. I use all three sometimes lol.