The 6 foods that work.. 8 week trial (with pics)

Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by bezoe View Post
    The study is certainly relevant to this conversation. I didn't see "marathon running". I saw "oxidative fibers". The article is demonstrating that your type I fibers have very little capacity to hypertrophy
    "Understanding in what way oxygen supply (in terms of increased capillarization, hematocrit and expression of myoglobin) can be improved without compromising the capacity for force production is another challenge. For instance, when both high peak power and high steady state power are required, such as in the final sprint of a cycling stage or a marathon, one would need to design a training strategy inducing large fibers with high capacity for oxygen transport to sustain a high steady state power, as well as large glycogen stores to maintain a high anaerobic power during the sprint."

They are most certainly talking about "marathon running", and that is definitely not relevant to lifting weights in the 24 rep range.
    Either way, you're wrong and there are numerous other studies proving it. Significant hypertrophy in type I, -Significant increases occurred during the training in the mean fibre areas of type I in W70, -Bodybuilders, who utilize lower intensity contractions with higher volume and shorter rest periods, do not demonstrate the selective hypertrophy of type II muscle fibers as with strength and power athletes. Instead, bodybuilders have been shown to have a greater degree of hypertrophy in type I muscle fibers (2). -The muscle fibers hypertrophied in bodybuilding programs are primarily Type I fibers and according to this, -this one also supposedly shows significant hyperthrophy to type I, but you have to pay for it.

And what do you mean by less relevant to a steroid user? lol A steroid user may actually still build quite a bit of muscle even if he's using your "high rep" protocol
    A steroid user doesn't need any help increasing anabolism...

2. Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance187

hahahahaha
    •   

3. Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!^
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]

4. Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance187 View Post
    "Understanding in what way oxygen supply (in terms of increased capillarization, hematocrit and expression of myoglobin) can be improved without compromising the capacity for force production is another challenge. For instance, when both high peak power and high steady state power are required, such as in the final sprint of a cycling stage or a marathon, one would need to design a training strategy inducing large fibers with high capacity for oxygen transport to sustain a high steady state power, as well as large glycogen stores to maintain a high anaerobic power during the sprint."

They are most certainly talking about "marathon running", and that is definitely not relevant to lifting weights in the 24 rep range.
    Either way, you're wrong and there are numerous other studies proving it. Significant hypertrophy in type I, -Significant increases occurred during the training in the mean fibre areas of type I in W70, -Bodybuilders, who utilize lower intensity contractions with higher volume and shorter rest periods, do not demonstrate the selective hypertrophy of type II muscle fibers as with strength and power athletes. Instead, bodybuilders have been shown to have a greater degree of hypertrophy in type I muscle fibers (2). -The muscle fibers hypertrophied in bodybuilding programs are primarily Type I fibers and according to this, -this one also supposedly shows significant hyperthrophy to type I, but you have to pay for it.

Repetitions can be classified into 3 basic ranges: low (1-5), moderate (6-12), and high (15+). Each of these repetition ranges will involve the use of different energy systems and tax the neuromuscular system in different ways, impacting the extent of the hypertrophic response. The use of high repetitions has generally proven to be inferior to moderate and lower repetition ranges in eliciting increases in muscle hypertrophy (24,71). In the absence of artificially induced ischemia (i.e., occlusion training), a load less than approximately 65% of IRM is not considered sufficient to promote substantial hypertrophy (115). Although such high rep training can bring about significant metabolic stress, the load is inadequate to recruit and fatigue the highest threshold MUs.

All three major fiber types (types I, IIA, and IIB) hypertrophied for the Low Rep (3-5 reps) and Int (9-11 reps) groups, whereas no significant increases were demonstrated for either the High Rep (20-28 reps) or Con groups.

We can post studies back and forth for all day. I already told you and showed you increases in protein synthesis dont necessarily equate to muscle growth and high reps will make you small bro. If doing 24 reps works so well, show us a picture of yourself. I had the most mass out of roughly 20 competitors in my last contest... must be doing something right eh? So "either way", im not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance187 View Post
    I guess it went right over your head.. that was my point, your program wont help him. Try to pick up on the punch line.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.

5. Did arms tonight. 24 reps for everything.. and im feeling smaller already..

Sike.
    Feel good. 201lbs this am. People in gym staring. Love it

Im going back to baking the chicken breasts.. im not sure but it seems like boiling them results in leaner meat and I'm a little hesitant to cut out any more fats
    •   

6. Grill them and pat of any excess fat.
    George foreman grill?
    ...::: Olympus Labs Athlete & Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

7. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Grill them and pat of any excess fat.
    George foreman grill?
    No bra, the point is to keep some fat in them. I need saturated fat/sterols to convert to cholesterol for test production

8. Why not use an MCT?
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

9. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Why not use an MCT?
    From what I understand, mct's are metabolized immediately for energy. I would have to read up on it. I supplement EPA and omega 3's. Does it come in pills or what?

10. Yeah. Liquid. Even use coconut oil instead. They are excellent. Spare muscle glycogen
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

11. Ill have to look into it thanks. Some people say they eat coconut oil by the bolus. Supposedly the best source of mct's and the best satty fat in general. Although the misinformed layman will tell you its "bad for you" and it causes heart disease lol

12. Saturated fats are good???blasphemy hahah...
    As long as your eating free range chicken bro it's good!!!less conversion of fats in chicken to short chain omega 6s which are not the best. Maybe when using coconut, sub out the oatmeal and grains for starchy vegetables
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

13. Even the guy who wrote that still says you should train in all rep ranges.(As I was)
    "Now this shouldn't be interpreted to mean that an individual whose goal is to maximize hypertrophy should solely train in a moderate rep range. A periodized mesocycle of lower rep sets will help to afford the use of heavier weights during moderate rep training, thereby increasing mechanical tension during the hypertrophy phase of training.
    And employing a mesocycle of higher rep sets can facilitate increasing the lactate threshold, facilitating a better ability to train through lactate buildup and thus increase the extent of metabolic stress during training."
    "a low repetition group (Low Rep, n = 9) performing 3-5 repetitions maximum (RM) for four sets of each exercise with 3 min rest between sets and exercises, an intermediate repetition group (Int Rep, n = 11) performing 9-11 RM for three sets with 2 min rest, a high repetition group (High Rep, n = 7) performing 20-28 RM for two sets with 1 min rest"
    Not as reliable as the study I posted. They changed the rest and sets for each group, adding unnecessary variables. Why would they only do 2 sets with 1 minute rest in the high rep group? This study is much more biased and improperly set up than the one you're complaining about.
    We can post studies back and forth for all day. I already told you and showed you increases in protein synthesis dont necessarily equate to muscle growth and high reps will make you small bro...So "either way", im not wrong.
    While in the same breath saying "your type I fibers have very little capacity to hypertrophy" when there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You are absolutely wrong.
    I had the most mass out of roughly 20 competitors in my last contest... must be doing something right eh?
    Yeah, you're doing steroids right. You take steroids and enter "natural" competitions. Is that an accomplishment?

14. Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance187 View Post
    Even the guy who wrote that still says you should train in all rep ranges.(As I was)
    "Now this shouldn't be interpreted to mean that an individual whose goal is to maximize hypertrophy should solely train in a moderate rep range. A periodized mesocycle of lower rep sets will help to afford the use of heavier weights during moderate rep training, thereby increasing mechanical tension during the hypertrophy phase of training.
    And employing a mesocycle of higher rep sets can facilitate increasing the lactate threshold, facilitating a better ability to train through lactate buildup and thus increase the extent of metabolic stress during training."
    "a low repetition group (Low Rep, n = 9) performing 3-5 repetitions maximum (RM) for four sets of each exercise with 3 min rest between sets and exercises, an intermediate repetition group (Int Rep, n = 11) performing 9-11 RM for three sets with 2 min rest, a high repetition group (High Rep, n = 7) performing 20-28 RM for two sets with 1 min rest"
    Not as reliable as the study I posted. They changed the rest and sets for each group, adding unnecessary variables. Why would they only do 2 sets with 1 minute rest in the high rep group? This study is much more biased and improperly set up than the one you're complaining about.While in the same breath saying "your type I fibers have very little capacity to hypertrophy" when there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You are absolutely wrong.Yeah, you're doing steroids right. You take steroids and enter "natural" competitions. Is that an accomplishment?
    Increasing the lactate threshold has nothing to do with hypertrophy. thats actually something distance runners want to achieve..

lol im sure the rest intervals made all the difference... stop nitpicking the numbers. People who know how to build muscle would laugh at your face if you walked up to them and babbled your nonsense. Doesn't make a **** if ive dabbled in PE's or not.. dont attribute my physique to steroids douchebag. You've never worked as hard as me in the gym a day in your life with your 24 reps lol are you kidding me. Take your groundbreaking studies somewhere else we know what works

15. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Saturated fats are good???blasphemy hahah...
    As long as your eating free range chicken bro it's good!!!less conversion of fats in chicken to short chain omega 6s which are not the best. Maybe when using coconut, sub out the oatmeal and grains for starchy vegetables
    Im pretty sure im eating the arsenic fed ones that are pumped with hormones lol. Yea sweet potato is also on Pulcinella's list

16. Quote Originally Posted by bezoe

Im pretty sure im eating the arsenic fed ones that are pumped with hormones lol. Yea sweet potato is also on Pulcinella's list
    Best to eat grass fed when doing it bro.
    May even experience better results. Cleaner food.
    Yam/sweet potato with cinnamon is good too
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

17. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Best to eat grass fed when doing it bro.
    May even experience better results. Cleaner food.
    Yam/sweet potato with cinnamon is good too
    I know it. Im still seeking out a farmers market around here. Yea that sounds good and i know cinammon keeps blood glucose stabalized as well

18. I would be really curious to know what is it about these six foods that allows you to lose bodyfat over other foods with the same macro nutrient make-up. How would your progress differ if you were to substitute white potatoes, pancakes, and pasta for your carb sources and pork, turkey, and shrimp for your protein? Why would it make any difference at all? Forgive me if this has been covered....I read the first page and the last two and didnt see it mentioned.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

19. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr
    I would be really curious to know what is it about these six foods that allows you to lose bodyfat over other foods with the same macro nutrient make-up. How would your progress differ if you were to substitute white potatoes, pancakes, and pasta for your carb sources and pork, turkey, and shrimp for your protein? Why would it make any difference at all? Forgive me if this has been covered....I read the first page and the last two and didnt see it mentioned.
    The carb sources are least processed. Ie natural state bar the oatmeal...
    Chicken is versatile and can be easy and convenient and has the least amount of sat fat omega 6. Tuna is easy and is good source of protein but I would use salmon to balance out omega 6 so you get the added EPA/dha from it.
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

20. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    I would be really curious to know what is it about these six foods that allows you to lose bodyfat over other foods with the same macro nutrient make-up. How would your progress differ if you were to substitute white potatoes, pancakes, and pasta for your carb sources and pork, turkey, and shrimp for your protein? Why would it make any difference at all? Forgive me if this has been covered....I read the first page and the last two and didnt see it mentioned.
    To quote Pulcinella "dont ask 'why not this instead?' and 'why not that?'.. this is just what works for me".

I'm really not sure what the science is behind it. Physiologically there has to be some effect on the insulin/glucogon landscape and other components such as leptin and ghrelin which affect satitety and have also been shown to affect adiposity. These foods may be less inflammatory than others with similar macros. I dont believe in calories in, calories out, and this diet has only reinforced that notion.

21. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    The carb sources are least processed. Ie natural state bar the oatmeal...
    Chicken is versatile and can be easy and convenient and has the least amount of sat fat omega 6. Tuna is easy and is good source of protein but I would use salmon to balance out omega 6 so you get the added EPA/dha from it.
    He doesnt recommend salmon. He mentions something to the effect of all the fat on the salmon goes straight under his skin. I know that its loaded with healthy omega 3's but its just not in this regimine. I didnt create the plan

He spent 15 years, if i can remember correctly, tweaking this to perfection.

22. Quote Originally Posted by bezoe View Post
    To quote Pulcinella "dont ask 'why not this instead?' and 'why not that?'.. this is just what works for me".

I'm really not sure what the science is behind it. Physiologically there has to be some effect on the insulin/glucogon landscape and other components such as leptin and ghrelin which affect satitety and have also been shown to affect adiposity. These foods may be less inflammatory than others with similar macros. I dont believe in calories in, calories out, and this diet has only reinforced that notion.
    Interesting. So you are basically taking this on as an experiment? Once you have run it for a while and noted its effects, will you switch the food sources? I guess that would help determine if there is anything "special" about these foods.

IMOP, if you are not tracking your calories and macros to a "T" then satiety is an issue. Foods that are high in fiber and those with healthy fats can curb your appetite and keep you from overeating. But ever since I have started weighing, tracking, and counting everything I eat I have never found any benefit to my physique with one food choice over another. I have achieved striated glutes, feathered quads and split hamstrings while eating frozen yogurt and pop tarts. Of course, I believe its important to cover your micro-nutrient bases with a foundation of quality (and diverse) foods but beyond that......a carbohydrate is broken down into glucose for fuel.....the glucose that fuels your workout is the same whether it came from sweet potato or ice cream cake.
    Sean Campbell
    Pro Natural Bodybuilder
    NRC Sponsored Athlete - Cabergolean.com

23. It's the rate at which it enters the bloodstream. Ice cream etc exerts a higher insulin response compared to say broccoli and sweet potato
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

24. Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Interesting. So you are basically taking this on as an experiment? Once you have run it for a while and noted its effects, will you switch the food sources? I guess that would help determine if there is anything "special" about these foods.

IMOP, if you are not tracking your calories and macros to a "T" then satiety is an issue. Foods that are high in fiber and those with healthy fats can curb your appetite and keep you from overeating. But ever since I have started weighing, tracking, and counting everything I eat I have never found any benefit to my physique with one food choice over another. I have achieved striated glutes, feathered quads and split hamstrings while eating frozen yogurt and pop tarts. Of course, I believe its important to cover your micro-nutrient bases with a foundation of quality (and diverse) foods but beyond that......a carbohydrate is broken down into glucose for fuel.....the glucose that fuels your workout is the same whether it came from sweet potato or ice cream cake.
    Correct.. hence the word "trial". I can only dream of being so lucky... Ive counted calories to a "t" while eating poptarts and became a fatass. I have to disagree with all carbs are created equal.. high GI stuff has too much impact on insulin, which, when chronically elevated can blunt receptors and cause insulin resistance, otherwise know as type II diabtes. And not saying you necessarily become "diabteic" but a person can have more propensity to store fat and reluctancy to burn it as fuel.

25. Quote Originally Posted by bezoe View Post
    Increasing the lactate threshold has nothing to do with hypertrophy. thats actually something distance runners want to achieve..
    Tell that to the guy whose article you were referencing.
    lol im sure the rest intervals made all the difference... stop nitpicking the numbers.
    As far as I'm aware, all studies on the subject show length of rest and volume make a big difference...
    People who know how to build muscle would laugh at your face if you walked up to them and babbled your nonsense.
    The reps I'm getting from people much bigger than you for my posts say otherwise...
    Doesn't make a **** if ive dabbled in PE's or not.. dont attribute my physique to steroids douchebag.
    Don't kid yourself. Steroids make all the difference. You can't honestly think you'd be where you're at without them, otherwise, why the hell would you still do them? That's something I'll never get about the users who claim "It's not because of the steroids"...so then WTF are you taking them for?! An honest user won't BS about it like you apparently do.
    You've never worked as hard as me in the gym a day in your life with your 24 reps lol are you kidding me.
    If you think a 10 rm of squats is hard, then you wouldn't be able to make it through a 24 rm. If you haven't thrown up working out before, you might after trying that.(unless you stop before your actual max)
    Take your groundbreaking studies somewhere else we know what works
    Yes, and there are people much bigger than you saying they needed to start doing high reps for legs to get them huge. Doing cycles of 24 reps falls in line with periodization training. To say that bouts of higher reps would have no benefit is just asinine.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. SHR 8/22 The Six Foods That Work
    By triceptor in forum Super Human Radio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 12:40 PM
  2. 4 week mdrol log----> BEFORE AND AFTER PICS!
    By zecca in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 10:44 PM
  3. b4 after pics 10 week bulk
    By Movin_weight in forum Pics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 01:39 PM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 08:44 PM