The 6 foods that work.. 8 week trial (with pics)

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmmmmmm are they the.top group? I might get their advice for next cut ill.be on a **** load of.AAS thought ;)

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
How much did.it cost?

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just contacted them to see their prices. I'll let you know

AustrianOakJr

AustrianOakJr

Awards
Hmmmmmmmm are they the.top group? I might get their advice for next cut ill.be on a **** load of.AAS thought ;)
Are they a "top group". Not exactly sure what you mean. IMOP, they are some of the best prep consultants out there. They are made up of a team that specializes in different aspects of prep....rather than one guy, you get several minds put together. There are other great prep consultants out there too.....Layne Norton, Dr. Joe, etc. But these guys are right there with them.

I dont know that they would work with you if you are on AAS though. 3DMJ is all about the natural movement.

How much did.it cost?
I am sponsored by them so I really have no idea what their normal fee is. But, I can tell you that if you are competing, a contest prep coach is a very valuable asset. I have a very good grasp on diet and training and Ive done it on my own. But I am much more successful with another set of eyes and another mind to help me thru.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just fyi they told me it's 150 starting fee then 20 a week. Shortest is 8 weeks. So like 310 for 8 weeks

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Then ill just give then the wrong advice ;) and say I'm natural. Btw I'm not competing but I'm always down to learn something new

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
To me diet is the hardest part of this "game". Everyday life and the fact or "living" has me wanting many foods that will not neccessiarly help my success. :)

AustrianOakJr

AustrianOakJr

Awards
To me diet is the hardest part of this "game". Everyday life and the fact or "living" has me wanting many foods that will not neccessiarly help my success. :)
IMOP, "Living" and natural bodybuilding do not have to be mutually exclusive. I was over at friends house for lunch yesterday.....I had a Blue Moon pumpkin spice beer (highly recommended) while we watched the Bills and I ate shrimp/pesto/pasta for lunch and had some apple crisp/ice cream for desert. We had a real nice time hanging out and enjoying food and friends. And I know my progress isnt derailed in the least. If you have to miss out on friends and fellowship bc you think you have to in order to be a bodybuilder, then whats the point? This sport is about having fun and if you aren't enjoying these kinds of times in your life then you probably should analyze your priorities. Granted, when contest prep time comes, I have to tighten up a bit.....bring my scale with me to weigh instead of eyeball and skip the beer. But still....if you live your life eating chicken and brocolli at 3 hr intervals so you can look good at the beach? Why?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
IMOP, "Living" and natural bodybuilding do not have to be mutually exclusive. I was over at friends house for lunch yesterday.....I had a Blue Moon pumpkin spice beer (highly recommended) while we watched the Bills and I ate shrimp/pesto/pasta for lunch and had some apple crisp/ice cream for desert. We had a real nice time hanging out and enjoying food and friends. And I know my progress isnt derailed in the least. If you have to miss out on friends and fellowship bc you think you have to in order to be a bodybuilder, then whats the point? This sport is about having fun and if you aren't enjoying these kinds of times in your life then you probably should analyze your priorities. Granted, when contest prep time comes, I have to tighten up a bit.....bring my scale with me to weigh instead of eyeball and skip the beer. But still....if you live your life eating chicken and brocolli at 3 hr intervals so you can look good at the beach? Why?
Good point. I think I'm taking it too serious Sometimes. I'm not a pro level and I'm treating my self like I am. I need to take a step back look in the mirror & breath. Being exceptionally hard on myself when I don't need to be. Like you said I'm trying to eat perfect, passing on gatherings with friends, trying eat the same boring crap every 3 hours. That's why work and life was suffering. Like you said for a beach body! I'm going to take it a bit easier :)

AustrianOakJr

AustrianOakJr

Awards
Good point. I think I'm taking it too serious Sometimes. I'm not a pro level and I'm treating my self like I am. I need to take a step back look in the mirror & breath. Being exceptionally hard on myself when I don't need to be. Like you said I'm trying to eat perfect, passing on gatherings with friends, trying eat the same boring crap every 3 hours. That's why work and life was suffering. Like you said for a beach body! I'm going to take it a bit easier :)
The thing is that you dont need to "take it easy". Its really more an issue with learning what are the key elements to building a good physique. Then, maximize those elements to their fullest while laxing up in the other areas which take up too much time or prevent you from enjoying life. For instance.....eating every three hours......its simply not necessary. It makes absolutely zero difference to your physique yet there are so many bodybuilders carrying around tupperware containers full of chicken and brown rice so they dont "miss a meal".

Dont get me wrong.....your diet is an extremely important element to a good physique. But there is no reason why your life has to revolve around tupperware containers and meal timing. When I go to work, I pack a lunch.....like normal people. The difference is that my lunch is weighed and calculated to the gram. I eat ONE lunch.....maybe its a turkey sandwich, maybe its taco salad....whatever. Sometimes im away from home and I cant pack lunch. I eat a restaurant where macros are listed. Not a big deal as long as im hitting those numbers every day. Anyways, ill respond to your PM rather than blathering up this thread any longer than I already have......good talk.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
The thing is that you dont need to "take it easy". Its really more an issue with learning what are the key elements to building a good physique. Then, maximize those elements to their fullest while laxing up in the other areas which take up too much time or prevent you from enjoying life. For instance.....eating every three hours......its simply not necessary. It makes absolutely zero difference to your physique yet there are so many bodybuilders carrying around tupperware containers full of chicken and brown rice so they dont "miss a meal".

Dont get me wrong.....your diet is an extremely important element to a good physique. But there is no reason why your life has to revolve around tupperware containers and meal timing. When I go to work, I pack a lunch.....like normal people. The difference is that my lunch is weighed and calculated to the gram. I eat ONE lunch.....maybe its a turkey sandwich, maybe its taco salad....whatever. Sometimes im away from home and I cant pack lunch. I eat a restaurant where macros are listed. Not a big deal as long as im hitting those numbers every day. Anyways, ill respond to your PM rather than blathering up this thread any longer than I already have......good talk.
Thank you.

Every bodybuilder I know plans their meals and is strict, eating every 2-3 hours to keep aminos flowing, metabolism ramped up, and to simply get their food in. They would disagree that it doesnt make a difference. Most BIG bodybuilders (200+ lbs) couldnt stomach the amount of calories they need in 3 meals a day. They'd be gorging themselves. It pays off to lug around tupperware... thats part of the sacrifice of diet that you are referring to , AaronJP1. No dont put off events with friends that you cant get back but dont eat every piece of pizza and cake that's put in your face either. As far as chicken and brocolii, im perfectly fine with what im eating every 3 hours of every day because i know where its gonna get me. Ive noted my **** ups throughout this diet which i think are minor and not detrimental for somebody not prepping for a show. However, eating anything you want as long as you hit your macros isnt easy. I know when i eat sweets i want even more of them, plus its a pain in the ass to keep track of so many different things, especially if you go out to eat. TO me its more practical to eat the same **** everyday and every once in awhile say screw it and eat a cheat meal. If your'e wanting to "look good on the beach" I dont know what to tell you. I'm all or nothing, fack the in between. I hate it when guys say "im not tryin to get too big" or something to that effect. I know its their personal choice but I just dont like mediocrity. Once again, advice that doesnt apply to most bodybuilders..

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Well said, B

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I hate to bump an old thread, but those saying glycogen is the bodies preferred source of energy are wrong.

I got this link from a nutrition article I was reading a while back.

"The calorie theory was proven wrong by Adolf Fick, MD over 130 years ago...the calorie "theory" gives a measure of heat to proteins, fats and carbs. The problem with that is the human body is not a heat engine. We are chemical factories. That's why the obesity epidemic.

We have been told to eat a 40% carbohydrate diet since the food pyramid was first created. Oh, they changed it to 20% a couple of years ago because they realized they had been turning everyone diabetic. it was not widely publicized because it would open up a wave of lawsuits.

Fat can only be stored when insulin is produced. Insulin is produced when consuming carbs. The definition of insulin is, its a fat storage hormone..

As to the fats containing the measure of 9 calories, who cares. It is physiologically impossible to store body fat from consuming natural fat. There is also no saturated fat in artery and is used for energy by the body.

Butter is used directly for energy. Textbook of Medical Physiology, pg. 843

Excess carbohydrate [more than 4-5 ounces] prevents the body from burning fat and increases stored body fat. Textbook of Medical Physiology, pgs 871, 936; Basic Medical Biochemistry - A Clinical Approach, pgs 24, 394

Glucose NOT body’s preferred energy source; fatty acids are. Basic Medical Biochemistry - A Clinical Approach , pgs: 29, 145, 203, 272, 357

Eating carbohydrate SLOWS METABOLISM; fat and protein digestion increase metabolism . Textbook of Medical Physiology, pg. 908

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Easiest way bro:
Train fasted, eat carbs post w/o only in
Form of yams. Minimize grain and gluten exposure

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fat can only be stored when insulin is produced. Insulin is produced when consuming carbs. The definition of insulin is, its a fat storage hormone..

As to the fats containing the measure of 9 calories, who cares. It is physiologically impossible to store body fat from consuming natural fat. There is also no saturated fat in artery and is used for energy by the body.

the bolded parts are not factually true. On the first, it is demonstrable that insulin is also produced when eating protein alone, or even eating fat alone.

the second one is just wishful thinking.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
the bolded parts are not factually true. On the first, it is demonstrable that insulin is also produced when eating protein alone, or even eating fat alone.
That is because protein can be stippped of nitrogen and used as glucose. As long as you are consuming more fats than protein you won't have to worry about protein being converted to glucose. Besides, if protein is converted to glucose you'll have much bigger problems than insulin (ammonia, dehydration, stress on the liver). The three studies above state why fats are better than glucose.

Lets not forget that high fat diets reduce water weight, which reduces blood pressure...or they reduce hunger, serotonin and are better for the heart.