Looking for Protein with good mixability with foods (no shilling, please and thank you!)

The1WhoKnocks

Awards
Greetings, all,

I am looking for a different source of protein powder that tastes above average or better and will actually mix good with foods such as oatmeal or cottage cheese without the grainy consistency/texture.

Specifically looking for Vanilla flavor or similar. Cost isn't a big deal if the quality is good. My go-to in the past was Ultra Peptide 2.0 which has been discontinued for some time. Have been using Metabolic Drive as it's about the only one I have found that mixes well with food and tastes good, but looking for a change.

I would sincerely appreciate no recommendations from company reps of their own products. If it's really that good, I am sure the other people on the forum will mention it.

Thank you in advance!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Greetings, all,

I am looking for a different source of protein powder that tastes above average or better and will actually mix good with foods such as oatmeal or cottage cheese without the grainy consistency/texture.

Specifically looking for Vanilla flavor or similar. Cost isn't a big deal if the quality is good. My go-to in the past was Ultra Peptide 2.0 which has been discontinued for some time. Have been using Metabolic Drive as it's about the only one I have found that mixes well with food and tastes good, but looking for a change.

I would sincerely appreciate no recommendations from company reps of their own products. If it's really that good, I am sure the other people on the forum will mention it.

Thank you in advance!
Screenshot_20230209_160631_Samsung Internet.jpg

I usually buy whatever is cheaper but this stuff right here mixed with 1 cup of skim milk Taste exactly like fruity pebble cereal. When I do purchase it I usually use it to mix with my oats And make an overnight oats bowl for breakfast. Or I'll make the shake and I'll use it in place of milk with rice krispies or Cheerios or something like that for a post workout meal.

Pro tip for desserts

Make the shake like listed above and dessert 1. Whisk it into sugar free vanilla pudding mix and refrigerate for a hour. Or 2. Put the shake in a blender with a bag of frozen strawberries and bananas for a awesome soft serve ice cream

The1WhoKnocks

Awards
View attachment 228926
I usually buy whatever is cheaper but this stuff right here mixed with 1 cup of skim milk Taste exactly like fruity pebble cereal. When I do purchase it I usually use it to mix with my oats And make an overnight oats bowl for breakfast. Or I'll make the shake and I'll use it in place of milk with rice krispies or Cheerios or something like that for a post workout meal.

Pro tip for desserts

Make the shake like listed above and dessert 1. Whisk it into sugar free vanilla pudding mix and refrigerate for a hour. Or 2. Put the shake in a blender with a bag of frozen strawberries and bananas for a awesome soft serve ice cream
Thanks for the reply and suggestion! I actually have this flavor and Cocoa Pebbles, but never mixed in oats or cottage cheese as I wasn't sure it would mix well. Good to know it does.

I have done the pudding mix before. I also like doing 3/4 c cottage cheese with a tbsp of peanut butter, 2 tbsp ground flax and a small amt of Fairlife Choc Milk along with a scoop of choc protein.

Another one is to use vanilla with canned pumpkin, cinnamon and walnuts with cottage cheese.

Thanks again!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for the reply and suggestion! I actually have this flavor and Cocoa Pebbles, but never mixed in oats or cottage cheese as I wasn't sure it would mix well. Good to know it does.

I have done the pudding mix before. I also like doing 3/4 c cottage cheese with a tbsp of peanut butter, 2 tbsp ground flax and a small amt of Fairlife Choc Milk along with a scoop of choc protein.

Another one is to use vanilla with canned pumpkin, cinnamon and walnuts with cottage cheese.

Thanks again!
Fairlife is my ****! Idk how fruity pebbles and cottage cheese will mix but the oats bowl I enjoy.

When I'm bulking IL drink a bottle of chocolate Fairlife daily

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Like the big $4.50 bottle, not the single serving ones

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Chocolate fairlife, chocolate protein powder oats and bananas is another breakfast bowl I like. I try to do all real food but when I do use protein powder I like ti make it into tasty treats

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Greetings, all,

Thank you in advance!
I loved Ultra Peptide - I literally bought cases of his Lemon Cream Pie from him when they stopped making it.

I have some food allergies and am a picky eater so I consume more of my protein through shakes than most people do, so taste, mixability, and quality are all very important to me.

My favorite proteins to drink and to cook with are Ketogenics Zero Carb Protein and Iso Whey; I don't do keto so I view them interchangeably for my purposes. Great quality protein, easy on the stomach, tastes good, and mixes easy - and a big plus for me since I drink so much protein is that they have a lot of different flavors to choose from.

They have an unflavored that my daughter uses for cooking a lot. I rarely cook with any protein, but I add it to a lot of things like cottage cheese, oatmeal, my grandmother even mixes it in milk and puts it over her cereal.

Here are the two that I had on my desk right now, but overall my favorite flavor of it just depends on the mood I'm in.

Ketogenics proteins.jpg

My next favorite would be Trutein but it fills me up too much now days. I'm normally now looking for something light on my stomach, but for a person that wants a very filling protein, I think Trutein is a good option.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Fairlife is my ****! Idk how fruity pebbles and cottage cheese will mix but the oats bowl I enjoy.

When I'm bulking IL drink a bottle of chocolate Fairlife daily
Completely off subject of protein powder, but you saying that about drinking a bottle of Chocolate Fairlife a day when bulking made me think to ask if you knew Fairlife also has ice cream now? It's great.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Completely off subject of protein powder, but you saying that about drinking a bottle of Chocolate Fairlife a day when bulking made me think to ask if you knew Fairlife also has ice cream now? It's great.
I did not know that, That is awesome. Also I'm glad you just quoted me because I forgot all about you again I'll be home from work in about an hour and a 1/2 and I'll shoot you A message Like I should have done 3 days ago🤦‍♂️

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I did not know that, That is awesome. Also I'm glad you just quoted me because I forgot all about you again I'll be home from work in about an hour and a 1/2 and I'll shoot you A message Like I should have done 3 days ago🤦‍♂️
Ha, I was wondering about that haha.

And yeah, Fairlife makes several flavors of ice cream now - the Chocolate and Mint Chip are great.

Mirage2reality

Awards
Ha, I was wondering about that haha.

And yeah, Fairlife makes several flavors of ice cream now - the Chocolate and Mint Chip are great.
Been looking for it since i seen it online it's nowhere to be found by me

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Protein factory

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Been looking for it since i seen it online it's nowhere to be found by me
It's really good. In my area, they have it at Food Lion and Walmart both; but I'm sure it varies by area.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nutrabio 100% whey protein isolate pancake & maple syrup flavor is really good in oatmeal or greek yogurt!

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PEScience
Ghost
Quest
Nutrabio
Protozyme
Ryse