THE Success Story - CT's rise to stardom

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Are you really ready for this?!​

Alright everyone....you've stumbled upon it, you may be slightly intrigued, you may not be....but i'm moving forward regardless :006:

This is my new log in which I am going to keep until one of a few possible things occurs.

1. I play in and win a large national tennis tournament
2. I compete in and place in a national kettlebell lifting tournament
3. I get to 200lbs and under 10%bf.

I don't care much about my weight numbers and such....but I figured it would be an intense goal to shoot for :).

Welcome, and thank you for showing up. I'd like to end this first post with a quote that I like to remember each and every day that I wake. It is from the school which boasts my favorite NCAA football Team

Play Like A Champion Today​

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
6/23/09
Day 1​
Summary
Here we are....and it's about time eh? you bet. Today I hit for 2 hours and it was great. I hit well, I moved on court well, and I was happy about it overall. Tennis on top of the soccer I have begun playing a lot, is really helping my cardio. I'm pumped either way :). It was a light first day on log...but that will all change tomorrow :)

The Session
Tennis Volley/Rally
120 minutes
Unilateral Leg Work
Rx 1 - 60 seconds *ea. leg*
Rx 2 - 60 seconds *ea. leg*
Rx 3 - 60 seconds *ea. leg*

Nutrition
1 - bowl of oatmeal
2 - Natty PB and Natty Jelly on whole wheat, 1.5 cups skim milk
3 - 2 cups 93% lean beef, 1 cup cubed ham, 1 cup broccoli
4 - chicken, broccoli, chicken broth, 3 cups cold brewed tea
5 - string cheese, diet cola

What Tomorrow Holds
Weights in the AM and something cardio related in the PM...whether it be running or tennis or soccer or whatever!!

Pic/Quote/Awesome
I am going to work with the quote from the first update because it is literally the motto I follow daily. It relates to any and every thing that you do. As long as you give it your all....you will in fact, succeed.

"Play Like A Champion Today" - Notre Dame

Viddy Viddy Bo Biddy
I watched this fight tonight. It was a good one!
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Count me in as usual Team Deuce!

Cheers!:cheers:

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
3....2....1.... LIFT OFF!!!

Subbing in.

In regards to the goal setting, a good portion of my education (Human Resources and Management) revolved around employees and goal setting and I think there is alot of crossover. I'm not sure if you've looked into this at all, however, Goals need to be SMART:

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Rewarding
Timely

I think the ones you've set in front of you are a little vague (although they may be more detailed I'm just going off of what was posted), there needs to be time limits and ways of measuring how you're coming along (most often also time related). You've already taken the first step though, by identifying what you want to achieve!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Count me in as usual Team Deuce!

Cheers!:cheers:
Thank you sir, I appreciate it wholeheartedly as always!!

3....2....1.... LIFT OFF!!!

Subbing in.

In regards to the goal setting, a good portion of my education (Human Resources and Management) revolved around employees and goal setting and I think there is alot of crossover. I'm not sure if you've looked into this at all, however, Goals need to be SMART:

Specific
Measurable
Attainable
Rewarding
Timely

I think the ones you've set in front of you are a little vague (although they may be more detailed I'm just going off of what was posted), there needs to be time limits and ways of measuring how you're coming along (most often also time related). You've already taken the first step though, by identifying what you want to achieve!
Yeah you're probably right here. I've been accused of being a tad vague in th past, haha. I am actually going to go weigh in and take a starting photo in a bit so that will help for sure. I have really put on a few lbs....so the goals should be easy to set in the beginning.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm in! I know you can do whatever you set your mind to! So I'm here to watch you do it!!

Oh, and see baby pics! ;)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'm in! I know you can do whatever you set your mind to! So I'm here to watch you do it!!

Oh, and see baby pics! ;)
hahaha I expected you to come along for the baby pic ride ;). Speaking of, I will post a new one right after the post i'm about to put up with my :)worried:) weight.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Well I have to say....I knew I was in trouble, but not THIS bad. I did eat a ton yesterday and a lot of carbs to boot so maybe that had a slight effect...but it couldn't affect it more than a few lbs either way. This morning weigh in reads at 245.2lbs

That...really hurts me. To know I was down to 206lbs last summer.....I mean...sh1t. Most of it was during my girlfriends pregnancy....but it's still outrageous. I can't find me measure thingy either....so I can't measure out the dimensions of my muscles at the moment...so i'll do that whenever I can. Either way, there is some work to be done now.

Immediate Goal
Today is 6/24. By 7/8 (2 weeks), I want to be down to at least 238lbs. I think thats a realistic starter goal, especially since I plan to run 2 sessions per day for at least 3 days each of those 2 weeks. I should see the fat fall right off for the most part during that time frame.

If anyone has any suggestions they'd like to throw out there or anything...feel free. As it stands, today is a KB workout/balance training and then PM I want to either get a run in, play some tennis, or play some soccer.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
This one is from last week but it was just sent to my phone a few days ago. In case you can't read them, one of the baby's outfits says "twin A" and the other says "twin B"

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
When I get home I'll email you a couple things, I have a cool little spreadsheet that I made up to track weekly changes in weight and bodyfat %, it's for my contest preps but can work for anyone. Shows where you've been, where you are and where you're going.

As well, if you plan on doing a KB or Tennis tourny, pick a specific one then you could formulate an exact schedule for getting yourself prepared.

I've been advising a couple young guys at the gym who want to compete to pick a specific show (NSABBA provincials is just over a year away) and then we can plan out their growth and cut phases out month by month and week by week. Makes things so much easier, as you have daily goals, weekly goals, monthly goals, etc, etc/

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
When I get home I'll email you a couple things, I have a cool little spreadsheet that I made up to track weekly changes in weight and bodyfat %, it's for my contest preps but can work for anyone. Shows where you've been, where you are and where you're going.

As well, if you plan on doing a KB or Tennis tourny, pick a specific one then you could formulate an exact schedule for getting yourself prepared.

I've been advising a couple young guys at the gym who want to compete to pick a specific show (NSABBA provincials is just over a year away) and then we can plan out their growth and cut phases out month by month and week by week. Makes things so much easier, as you have daily goals, weekly goals, monthly goals, etc, etc/
Thanks Steve, I appreciate your help!! The first KB tourney i'd be competing in AT ALL wouldnt be until next year around summertime, so I kind of figured I would focus on training for some tennis first, and then switch over later on. The nice part is with all of the benefits for your legs, core, and shoulders from KB's...it's like i'm training for both at once....even while focusing on only one :)

HERE!

Can't wait to see your progress!

Thanks brother :). Be ready to see some serious progress. At 245lbs...I am not only giving myself the whip for me...but also so my beautiful little boys can rest assured that im not going anywhere til they're at least both married with kids of their own ;)

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
FWIW... I wish I was 245lbs..... Got just under 30 pounds to go before I get there.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the long haul :wave2:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established

subbed. :borladuck:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks fellas :). About to post up today's update now. I had a good day for the most part.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
6/24/09
Day 2​
Summary
So I ran a "two a day" type of mentality for today and it went really well. I feel good, and the only thing that could have been wrong about my physical aspects is that I wish I had done more, haha. Im glad I didnt though....gotta keep something in the tank ;)

Hit really well on court today also by the way.

The Session
THE MORNING
16kg Kettlebell Swings
4 sets x 10 reps
Double 16kg Kettlebell Long Cycle
4 sets x 10 reps
Double 16kg Kettlebell Standing overhead press
4 sets x 6 reps
Unilateral Leg Work
Horse Pose
1 set x 30 seconds x right side
1 set x 30 seconds x left side
Superman Pose
1 set x 30 seconds

AFTERNOON
Tennis Volley/Rally
120 minutes
Unilateral Leg Work

Nutrition
1 - AM Shake - 2 scoop allthewhey isolate, 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup oats, 1 teaspoon natural PB, ice.
2 - 2 eggs and a piece of ham on 1 slice toast
3 - 1 chicken breast and some aminos
4 - roast beef and provolone (with onions) on a 6 inch whole wheat roll
5 - small banana with some aminos
6 - steamed chicken/shrimp/scallops and 1/2c rice

Sweet Sweet Supps
3 MST Cre-02
2 MST Mvp365
3 MAN Scorch
2 AI Glycobol
2 SciVation Xtend
4 MST ZMK
1 MST Somnidren GH

What Tomorrow Holds
Looking to do some weights or bodyweight in the AM and some cardio in the PM like tennis or soccer.

Pic/Quote/Awesome
Team USA definitely defeated Team Spain today in what was considered a walk through for Spain. Go USA!!!

Viddy Viddy Bo Biddy
No video for today :)

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Cool updates man, don't let nothin' get in your way!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Are you getting enough protein in?
I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or serious? haha.

Most of my intake yesterday was protein...but I could see where at 245lbs...it still may not be enough. Maybe i'll take away a protein/carb type meal for a double scoop shake mid-day somewhere.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was being serious, I was not sure if you were hitting it enough on a daily basis. I guess I'm used to my comp diets where the goal is to hit double your body weight. :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I was being serious, I was not sure if you were hitting it enough on a daily basis. I guess I'm used to my comp diets where the goal is to hit double your body weight. :)
Yeah I want to get at least 1-1.5 per pound...but double would be freakin intense, haha. 490g of protein a day may kill me :)

good to have ya sir!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established

That image is most of my AM motivation, haha. thanks buddy!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I want to get at least 1-1.5 per pound...but double would be freakin intense, haha. 490g of protein a day may kill me :)
That would be almost 2000kcals a day from just protein, chances are you'd put on more fat rather than taking it off.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
That would be almost 2000kcals a day from just protein, chances are you'd put on more fat rather than taking it off.
tell me about it, hahaha. I've been trying to go heavier on protein and lower on carbs...but that would be IN-tense :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
6/26/09
Day 4​
Summary
Sorry I didn't update yesterday everyone...it was a hectic day overall. I ended up taking yesterday off so that I could be nice and rested for today. Weather sucked yesterday anyway so nothing REAL fun. I have a little story to update also....but i'll do that tomorrow night or sunday night.

Today was another "two a day" type day. I had a KB workout in the morning, watched some wimbledon, and then played some tennis myself. Awesome stretch for sure. I hit really well again. There's a tourney i'm thinking of playing in mid August...if I think i'm ready. We shall see!

The Session
THE MORNING
16kg Kettlebell Swings
4 sets x 10 reps
16kg Kettlebell Power Snatch
4 sets x 10 reps - right arm
4 sets x 10 reps - left arm
Double 16kg Kettlebell front squats
4 sets x 10 reps
Double 16kg Kettlebell Suitcase Deadlift
4 sets x 6 reps
Unilateral Leg Work

AFTERNOON
Tennis Volley/Rally
75 minutes
Unilateral Leg Work

Nutrition
1 - 1/2 of a turkey breast wrap with lettuce, tomato, and mayo
2 - 1.5 cups string beans and aminos
3 - 6 inch wheat sub with roast beef, turkey breast, ham, lettuce, tomato, and red onion
4 - 1/2 cup ground beef and 1/2 cup broccoli - 1 cup of awesome awesome awesome coffee from west coast roasting
5 - 6 inch wheat sub with roast beef, turkey breast, ham, lettuce, tomato, and red onion
6 - chicken, broccoli, 1/2 cup rice
7 - chicken with hot sauce and string cheese

Sweet Sweet Supps
3 MST Cre-02
4 MST Mvp365
2 SciVation Xtend
4 MST ZMK
1 MST Somnidren GH

What Tomorrow Holds
Its my best friend's son's birthday party...so probably not too much of anything. Maybe a weight workout or body weight when I get home. In the AM I have to try and get a new phone from stupid verizon because my phone is GARBAGE.

Pic/Quote/Awesome
Here is Aiden telling me that a picture taken by me will equal him sticking out his tongue and telling me to Beat It!

Here is Riley just enjoying his sleepytime after he was fed, changed, and burped :)

Viddy Viddy Bo Biddy
No matter what your personal thoughts or views are about the man....he was an absolute icon. RIP Michael.
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I didnt update yesterday because I took an off day to go to my best buddy's son's birthday party. It was a fun time and I had some mini cheats along the way, haha....but I figure i'd use yesterday as my cheat meal and move on.

I also was going to workout when I got home last night but my mother called and her car died 2 hours away from home so I got the extreme pleasure of having to go get her. Didnt get home til about 2:30am.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
I didnt update yesterday because I took an off day to go to my best buddy's son's birthday party. It was a fun time and I had some mini cheats along the way, haha....but I figure i'd use yesterday as my cheat meal and move on.

I also was going to workout when I got home last night but my mother called and her car died 2 hours away from home so I got the extreme pleasure of having to go get her. Didnt get home til about 2:30am.
I feel your pain, I had to pick up my girlfriend and all her drunk friends around 3:30am last night byt the time I dropped everyone off and got home and into bed it was like 4:30am, good thing I was able to sleep in a little this morning.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I feel your pain, I had to pick up my girlfriend and all her drunk friends around 3:30am last night byt the time I dropped everyone off and got home and into bed it was like 4:30am, good thing I was able to sleep in a little this morning.
Yeah I slept til around 10:30am thank the lord, haha

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I have a real good update for yesterday that I will get up later on today everyone. Sorry it's taken so long to do that. I have been getting ready for today because....today is moving day.

Anyone who knows me close enough knows that I have had some problems with the mother of my children lately and that we weren't living together and things were just a mess. We havent totally worked things out, but her and her daughter and the boys are moving back in today :), so yeah....gotta get things ready.

Im leaving in a few to go move all her stuff back in!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have a real good update for yesterday that I will get up later on today everyone. Sorry it's taken so long to do that. I have been getting ready for today because....today is moving day.

Anyone who knows me close enough knows that I have had some problems with the mother of my children lately and that we weren't living together and things were just a mess. We havent totally worked things out, but her and her daughter and the boys are moving back in today :), so yeah....gotta get things ready.

Im leaving in a few to go move all her stuff back in!
And you did not text me this!!! Awesome news, I'm so happy for you. At least you get the chance to spend even more time with the boys and to try again. I hope it works great!

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Better late then never !!

Subbed

:biggthumpup:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
And you did not text me this!!! Awesome news, I'm so happy for you. At least you get the chance to spend even more time with the boys and to try again. I hope it works great!
haha sorry C....im sure things will work out good though. I have faith :)

Better late then never !!

Subbed

:biggthumpup:
Thanks brother, I appreciate the support!

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
All the best man, hope it all works out for the best!!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
All the best man, hope it all works out for the best!!!
Thanks buddy, I appreciate it.

Got a fun update for later tonight...hopefully I can stay awake long enough to post it, hahahaha. I got like NO sleep last night!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
So yeah....me updating has simply not happened huh? haha. Welcome to having twins :lol:

I played a good amount of tennis yesterday and hit REALLY well. I've eaten fairly miserably lately because of a lack of sleep mixed with not having tons of time to cook. I haven't lifted....at all in the past week. I am working out some times/days that work with the mama dukes and I am getting back on the ball TONIGHT. I will post a real update tomorrow....I promise :usa:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
I don't have a lot of time to look through this right now, but I want to leave you with my favorite quote before I head to the gym:

"What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
No worries man, family is important. Good to hear that tennis is going well!! Happy 4th boss!!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
Hey Chuck, check your email, I sent you some more files/attachments.