THE Success Story - CT's rise to stardom

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Wound up talking about Tiffany? Wow, must have been a pretty 'out there' conversation.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a fun day! We took the kids to Cedar Point and walked from 9am to 10 pm. My legs hurt, lol and tonight is leg day!

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Nice to see your having fun and getting dialed in. Good deal!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Wound up talking about Tiffany? Wow, must have been a pretty 'out there' conversation.
Yeah we were talking about punk band cover songs, haha.

Sounds like a fun day! We took the kids to Cedar Point and walked from 9am to 10 pm. My legs hurt, lol and tonight is leg day!
hahah oh I bet thats gonna kill! If it makes you feel any better, yesterday I played hockey and today my legs are like jello.

Nice to see your having fun and getting dialed in. Good deal!!
Thanks bro-ham!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
hahah oh I bet thats gonna kill! If it makes you feel any better, yesterday I played hockey and today my legs are like jello.
Ha, I was on the ice a couple weekends ago for the first time in a couple months and my feet were in an unbelievable amount of pain, I was just running a hockey camp so I didn't have to do much skating. If I would've I'm sure I would still be sore :D

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
7/20/09
Day 12​
Summary
Yesterday was another good day! I had a bunch of laundry to get accomplished and I got to play in some pickup hockey games again. We ended up playing 3 games and my team won all 3. We actually ran away with the second game and won 7-2, haha. I played hard and I played well...so I was happy. Sadly, I took a few shots and slashes to my ankles and today my legs are killing me. I will be taking it easy today...probably bodyweight stuff or something like that.

Also did a full session of yoga last night with my gf once I got home and settled. She is trying to get back in shape after having the boys and her muscles are very weak from the whole ordeal...so she is getting discouraged, which is sad for me to see. I am trying to motivate her and keep her happy through it....so I guess we'll see if i'm any good at my "job", haha

The Session
Hockey Pick-up Games
3 games = 2.5 hours
Full Renegade Yoga
60 minutes
Unilateral Leg Work
Rx 1 - 60 seconds *ea. leg*
Rx 2 - 60 seconds *ea. leg*
Rx 3 - 60 seconds *ea. leg*

Nutrition
1 - 3 eggs with 2 pieces of whole wheat toast, 8oz pure orange juice, coffee from west coast roasting (check it out yet?)
2 - 1 small banana, 1 handful cashews
3 - grilled chicken breast panini with sauteed vegetables, provolone, and pesto
4 - baked chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, 8oz crystal light
5 - 6 Morningstar "Chik'n" nuggets (meatless vege nuggets) with some organic ketchup, 1 can diet mountain dew

Sweet Sweet Supps
3 MST Cre-02
2 MST Mvp365
3 MST MycoGreen
2 MST Hardcore Shred Xs
2 AI Glycobol

What Tomorrow Holds
something light since my legs are beat.

Pic/Quote/Awesome
Here are the boys making ridiculous faces together :)

Viddy Viddy Bo Biddy
this video came up in convo like 5 times yesterday so I HAD to use it.
YouTube - Scary Kids Scaring Kids - My Darkest Hour

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Ha, I was on the ice a couple weekends ago for the first time in a couple months and my feet were in an unbelievable amount of pain, I was just running a hockey camp so I didn't have to do much skating. If I would've I'm sure I would still be sore :D
yeah we weren't playing on ice...but still, haha. enough time in a parking lot with a little red ball and no pads...you're gonna feel it :happysad:

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Haha, just throwin' some motivation your way man, I kid!! In all honesty, no pads sounds kinda fun. Workouts are looking awesome, I'm jealous!! Keep her motivated man, once she sees results, it'll pick up speed. The little ones look cool.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have faith in you. You can keep her motivated and keep her spirits up. It takes time and the babies are not that old. After all it took her 9 months to get that way ;)

I'm glad you are getting in the hockey, tennis, etc... you sound so much happier!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
7/21/09
Day 13​
Summary
Yesterday was a little bit more of a slower pace with my ankle pain that I was having from taking shots/slashes during hockey the day before. I ended up doing some light bodyweight stuff and then I heeded my gf's urges and did some pilates with her. Some of that stuff was actually pretty intense for the trunk/core region....I was shocked!

I think I over-ate today...and i'm not sure why. I had 7 meals though...which is intense. maybe because I was up from 6am til around 1am, haha.

The Session
Pilates
about 45 minutes
Unilateral Leg Work
Rx 1 - 60 seconds *ea. leg*
Rx 2 - 60 seconds *ea. leg*
Rx 3 - 60 seconds *ea. leg*

Nutrition
1 - 1 small banana, 8oz fat free berry yogurt
2 - 3 whole wheat protein pancakes with blueberries, 8oz skim milk, 1 cup coffee from west coast roasting
3 - 6 Morningstar "Chik'n" nuggets (meatless vege nuggets) with some organic ketchup
4 - sloppy joe made from lean beef and marinara on 2 whole wheat buns
5 - baked chicken breast with 2 cups of steamed broccoli
6 - chicken breast sauteed with garlic and olive oil with peppers, onions, squash, broccoli.
7 - 3 eggs with 1 slice american

Sweet Sweet Supps
1 MST Ragnarok - Crushing Punch
4 MST Mvp365
3 MST MycoGreen
2 MST Hardcore Shred Xs
4 AI Glycobol

What Tomorrow Holds
Hopefully a solid weights workout

Pic/Quote/Awesome
"Should you desire great tranquillity, prepare to sweat white beads." --Hakuin

Viddy Viddy Bo Biddy
none today

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, some of the pilates stuff caught me off guard as well, but I've learned my lesson. Now it's fun listening to other people say it isn't that hard, then watching them fail miserably at trying to do it, since it's "Just body weight." Then again, I have a wry sense of humor. Nice updates man, glad to see your enjoying this, after all, that's what it's about!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, some of the pilates stuff caught me off guard as well, but I've learned my lesson. Now it's fun listening to other people say it isn't that hard, then watching them fail miserably at trying to do it, since it's "Just body weight." Then again, I have a wry sense of humor. Nice updates man, glad to see your enjoying this, after all, that's what it's about!!
Thanks for the insight brother, I totally agree. I've had a ton of people laugh at me when I tell them that yoga will make them stronger than their bench numbers.....and then once they try it out, they tell me how dumb THEY are ;). Same concept. Its all about your body using muscles you don't normally use to do activities you don't normally do :)

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the insight brother, I totally agree. I've had a ton of people laugh at me when I tell them that yoga will make them stronger than their bench numbers.....and then once they try it out, they tell me how dumb THEY are ;). Same concept. Its all about your body using muscles you don't normally use to do activities you don't normally do :)
Very true. Yoga is a great...it helps you find that connection between body and mind. BTW...just dropping by again to say hi and check up on ya papa Deuce! Hope all is going well. Also...Rosie says hi. She's here with me now. :)

Cheers to ya Papa Deuce!:cheers:

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
.....Its all about your body using muscles you don't normally use to do activities you don't normally do :)
THIS!!!

Although it doesn't have to be yoga or pilates or any specific "style" of training. It's all about keeping your body/muscles guessing with numerous different types of activities!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Very true. Yoga is a great...it helps you find that connection between body and mind. BTW...just dropping by again to say hi and check up on ya papa Deuce! Hope all is going well. Also...Rosie says hi. She's here with me now. :)

Cheers to ya Papa Deuce!:cheers:
Thanks for stopping in again :). I'm glad to hear Rosie is finally with you...I hope everything is going well!!

THIS!!!

Although it doesn't have to be yoga or pilates or any specific "style" of training. It's all about keeping your body/muscles guessing with numerous different types of activities!
you're totally right. Thats the way I try to keep positive results...I change things up often. My cardio rarely comes from "going for a run". Sometimes it's high rep KB swings, sometimes it's tennis, sometimes it's hockey, sometimes I run sprint patterns...etc

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
hey CT, what is MST MycoGreen and why haven't I heard of it?? lol

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh cardio, I unfortunately have a road block in my head that refuses to count my training as cardio, even plyo days. So unless I'm actually doing treadmill, running, etc.. I feel like I have not done it.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh cardio, I unfortunately have a road block in my head that refuses to count my training as cardio, even plyo days. So unless I'm actually doing treadmill, running, etc.. I feel like I have not done it.
Oh trust me....if you came and played hockey with us or played tennis with me....you would NOT need any added cardio ;)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Im sorry everyone....with the boys and everything, its been nuts lately. Here are 2 days ago/yesterday's workouts. Both days have been trying to work my gf back into health so they are not "heavy" days or anything.

Thursday -
Pushup
25 reps
Situp
25 reps
Bodyweight Squat
4 sets x 6 reps
Bodyweight Lunges with High Knee raise
4 sets x 6 reps *ea. leg*
20lb KB Turkish GetUp
1 set x 3 reps *ea. side*

Friday -
1 large circuit. Each move was performed for 3 sets.
10lb MedBall high toss
6 reps
10lb MedBall high scoop back toss
6 reps
Resistance Band curl and press
10 reps
Squat and torso rotation
Bar x 6 reps *ea side*
JumpRope
2 mins. straight

Will try to get full updates back in for today...it's been busy busy, haha

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well are you having fun training her at least! Thats cool she is wanting to train with you.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Well are you having fun training her at least! Thats cool she is wanting to train with you.
Yeah its been fun. Its not really something that we shared much before so it's cool that we are getting to now. She has always been a running type of girl and didnt bother with other facets of fitness and it seems like she really wants to change that and she's taking an interest in something I love....which is huge to me :)

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear things are going well for you both, you guys deserve it!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Sunday Weigh In!!!

Well...today was not a huge victory for team Deuce. I am the EXACT same weight as last sunday ringing in at 240.8 lbs

I am officially tinkering with the amounts of food I am taking in and will push for hard results this coming week.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I SUCK at updating huh? Sorry about that everyone.

Sunday - Played 1 hour tennis in the 90+ degree weather. It was super hot and I would have played longer if I (or my partner) didn't fatigue so quickly from the heat. Ate clean all day.

Monday - Off day, and cheat meal. My gf wanted to go to Chile's so I had some chicken quesadilla's with salsa and sour cream and a margarita. It was tasty....but I instantly regretted it.

Tuesday - I am going to add the food into fitday.com to get an accurate count of everything so I know where i'm going wrong as soon as I get a free minute. Here is the session.

24kg Kettlebell Swing
10 reps x 4 sets
24kg Kettlebell Power Clean + Push Press (one arm long cycle)
6 reps x 4 sets - left arm
6 reps x 4 sets - right arm
24kg Kettlebell Power Snatch
6 reps x 2 sets - left arm
6 reps x 2 sets - right arm
Muscle Snatch
6 reps x 4 sets x bar
Renegade DMC Work
16 holds x 30 seconds ea.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I SUCK at updating huh? Sorry about that everyone.
Luckily for us, your good at working out, and that's what this log is about.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I had a real short session because the boys woke up in hunger. I was really enjoying it though and I am going to pick up where I left off in the next few days here. I had these two supersetted.

BB Deadlift
6 reps x 1 set x 155lbs
6 reps x 1 set x 170lbs
6 reps x 1 set x 190lbs
6 reps x 1 set x 200lbs
10lb MedBall Scoop Back
4 sets x 6 reps

Also in other news, I will be starting another log soon that I will run alongside this one (probably just copy and paste) because I will be logging Lipotropic protein and E-911 for Lg Sciences in a "traders log". I traded for those 2 products and in return CraigMatthew will be running a log for Cre-02 :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
shibby!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I had a real short session because the boys woke up in hunger. I was really enjoying it though and I am going to pick up where I left off in the next few days here. I had these two supersetted.

BB Deadlift
6 reps x 1 set x 155lbs
6 reps x 1 set x 170lbs
6 reps x 1 set x 190lbs
6 reps x 1 set x 200lbs
10lb MedBall Scoop Back
4 sets x 6 reps

Also in other news, I will be starting another log soon that I will run alongside this one (probably just copy and paste) because I will be logging Lipotropic protein and E-911 for Lg Sciences in a "traders log". I traded for those 2 products and in return CraigMatthew will be running a log for Cre-02 :)
I'll follow along as usual bud. Just dropping by to check in. :)

Cheers Papa Deuce!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Cool, glad ot see everything is going well bud!! Have an awesome weekend!!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
It's great that you're helping your girl get back into it. My girlfriend and I had worked out together for years (not that we lift together but we always went to the gym at the same time), recently though, she moved to a more female-friendly gym, so we haven't been working out together at all. We're going to start doing cardio together in the mornings as we're both too tired after work to lift and do cardio, she actually wants to take over responsibility for my cardiovascular training.... we'll see how this goes..... :afro:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'll follow along as usual bud. Just dropping by to check in. :)

Cheers Papa Deuce!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT
Thanks Sean....I mean uhh....sammybozwick. You're the man :)

Cool, glad ot see everything is going well bud!! Have an awesome weekend!!
Thanks brother, you too!!!

It's great that you're helping your girl get back into it. My girlfriend and I had worked out together for years (not that we lift together but we always went to the gym at the same time), recently though, she moved to a more female-friendly gym, so we haven't been working out together at all. We're going to start doing cardio together in the mornings as we're both too tired after work to lift and do cardio, she actually wants to take over responsibility for my cardiovascular training.... we'll see how this goes..... :afro:
have you guys tried doing any yoga or static stretching together? I'm telling you, it's a great way to relax and also to connect with her.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was lighter than the few days beforehand due to time constraints :(. I had plans to play tennis but ended up having to cancel, so I did some DMC and some p/u and s/u. Just a normal day in the life of, haha. Nutrition was good though.

Renegade DMC
Pushup
Situp

ps - I love Cre-02. Seriously, wayyyyy more than other supps.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I still need to get my hands on some Cre-02, maybe pick some up along w/ all of the other new stuff coming from MST!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I got outside to play with the barbell a bit, so that was nice. My workouts have been really intense because i've reduced the time so that I can still help with the boys and stuff....but its been good.

BB Power Cleans
115lbs x 6 reps x 4 sets
BB Jump Shrugs
115lbs x 6 reps x 1 sets
125lbs x 6 reps x 1 sets
145lbs x 6 reps x 2 sets
10lb MedBall Scoop and High Toss
6 reps x 4 sets
Renegade DMC

Today wasn't much of anything really. Caught up on some much needed sleep and got some cleaning done. About to jump on a fantasy football draft and then probably doing some more cleaning and then some pushups/situps/yoga

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I did some good ol DMC work with the lady and did a bunch of chores and such that needed to get accomplished. No weight workout yesterday, but I plan to get one in today for sure.

Renegade DMC
24 holds x 30 seconds ea.

Also, I wanted to add this one for bragging rights :):)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
soooo jealous haha
hahaha ah man it's love in bottles. Really really awesome stuff. I am going to have a weight session tonight and I can't wait to see how the Athlytes treats me. I took my first dose this morning :)

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
good luck CT, look forward to hearing some feedback!

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, second that!! Keep us posted and kill that workout!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
¿Donde esta la biblioteca, Pedro?

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I did some good ol DMC work with the lady and did a bunch of chores and such that needed to get accomplished. No weight workout yesterday, but I plan to get one in today for sure.

Renegade DMC
24 holds x 30 seconds ea.

Also, I wanted to add this one for bragging rights :):)
Pretty bottles. ;). How you been Papa Deuce? Hope all is well bud.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
things are well, thanks for asking pal!

Sorry for no updates everyone....aside from being real busy, I had a minor injury last week that set me back a bit. I've been doing a lot of stretching and BW type stuff....but no weights. I plan to hit weights again either today or tomorrow to see how I feel. Updates will follow..