And ... Here we go! Lexagon's Journey!

Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by jiggamanbill View Post
    oooh the torture we volunarily sign up for!

    Ha....AND PAID MONEY FOR!!!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    What kind of yoga do you do? I've tried hot yoga and relaxation yoga and the relaxation classes win!! I thought I would die or pass out from the hot classes and honestly all I could think of was "when will this torture end?"
    It's called restorative yoga - it's basically relaxation + lots of stretching! It's a great class that I will gladly pay for. Except this time around I over stretched my right hip flexor (or something) and left in some pain for a couple days. Other than that, great class! I keep wanting to try hot yoga, but never go through with it.
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    Ha....AND PAID MONEY FOR!!!
    LOL!

  4. hows the vacation to ct?
    Facebook Great Physique Fitness
    Twitter SmetonFitness
    Youtube JohnSmetonFitness1

  5. Ok I'm finally back. Vacation was great. Rained on and off most of the time I was there. But that's ok, it was a nice change since we don't get rain here much. Had a nice time relaxing, eating and visiting with people.

    Now back to the grind . haha!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653
    •   
       


  6. Plans for the Week:

    We're in massive OT mode at work right now, so I'm taking advantage while I can, since it will drop completely in a month or so. That means my training is going to be a little different for the next couple weeks. I'm going to focus on cardio to get myself back into gear.

    Will be trying to get a bike ride of some sort in at least 4-5 days a week (3-4 during the week and one longer on the weekend). Hoping this will get me back into the right mentality and give my body a little more time to rehab. Shoulder is still bugging me a little, but the time off seems to be helping it. Plus I have a 5k coming up on the 29th - Color me Rad That's the same race I did earlier this year - different location. Anyway that's what's going on.

    I'm continuing to use the African Mango (ran out of Rasp Ketones).
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  7. Plans for the Week:

    We're in massive OT mode at work right now, so I'm taking advantage while I can, since it will drop completely in a month or so. That means my training is going to be a little different for the next couple weeks. I'm going to focus on cardio to get myself back into gear.

    Will be trying to get a bike ride of some sort in at least 4-5 days a week (3-4 during the week and one longer on the weekend). Hoping this will get me back into the right mentality and give my body a little more time to rehab. Shoulder is still bugging me a little, but the time off seems to be helping it. Plus I have a 5k coming up on the 29th - Color me Rad That's the same race I did earlier this year - different location. Anyway that's what's going on.

    I'm continuing to use the African Mango (ran out of Rasp Ketones).
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  8. Yesterday's Ride:
    10.5 mi ~ 55mins Just a quick ride as I had to beat the sunset My light for the bike is in the mail and there's no street lights on the path (odd, but oh well) Made it home just in time haha!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    Ok I'm finally back. Vacation was great. Rained on and off most of the time I was there. But that's ok, it was a nice change since we don't get rain here much. Had a nice time relaxing, eating and visiting with people.

    Now back to the grind . haha!
    always nice to get to relax for a bit

  10. Saturday: 21 mile bike ride ~ 1.55 hrs

    Total of ~60mi for the week. Yay!

    made it 1 full week without a tire deflating until Sat just after I got done with my bike ride. If another one goes this week, I'm changing brands, because this is getting crazy.
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    Saturday: 21 mile bike ride ~ 1.55 hrs

    Total of ~60mi for the week. Yay!

    made it 1 full week without a tire deflating until Sat just after I got done with my bike ride. If another one goes this week, I'm changing brands, because this is getting crazy.
    Looks good

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    Saturday: 21 mile bike ride ~ 1.55 hrs

    Total of ~60mi for the week. Yay!

    made it 1 full week without a tire deflating until Sat just after I got done with my bike ride. If another one goes this week, I'm changing brands, because this is getting crazy.
    What kind of bike are you using?
    What are you riding on?
    Are you sure it's assembled right? Have you changed the tube also?
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF

  13. Quote Originally Posted by sawa3 View Post
    What kind of bike are you using?
    What are you riding on?
    Are you sure it's assembled right? Have you changed the tube also?
    It's a Trek 8.4 DS (Dual-sport/hybrid type bike)
    I usually ride it on the bike path which is paved and pretty smooth. I have taken it out in the dirt before, but oddly enough the tubes lasted longer when I was doing that lol

    The bike came assembled from the Trek store. And I have been taking it to my local shop to have the tubes replaced every time. I haven't done it myself as I don't have the tools right now, but will be getting some soon as I can. The guy I usually deal with said it was faulty tubes, which I've read can be a problem with those particular ones. If these ones go again I'm going to go back to the standard tubes (right now I have thorn protection due to the area we live in) and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't work, well I'll have to find another option, possibly new wheels completely from Trek as I can't imagine it would be anything else. I did let a little air out of each tire last time they were filled thinking they might be a little too hard (we get extreme heat here). We'll see if that helps any.
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  14. Monday's Ride:
    ~6.5 mi @ 40 mins - Just a quick ride to Target to pick up some essentials. Haha yeah a little weird, but was better than driving.

    Wednesday's Ride:
    ~11.5 mi @ 65 mins - Felt great to be able to ride early in the AM again (was doing early AM OT at work for the last week or so). Got a great ride in and woke me up for the day! YAY!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  15. I feel inspired to air up the tires on my bike!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  16. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I feel inspired to air up the tires on my bike!
    no kidding!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon
    It's a Trek 8.4 DS (Dual-sport/hybrid type bike)
    I usually ride it on the bike path which is paved and pretty smooth. I have taken it out in the dirt before, but oddly enough the tubes lasted longer when I was doing that lol

    The bike came assembled from the Trek store. And I have been taking it to my local shop to have the tubes replaced every time. I haven't done it myself as I don't have the tools right now, but will be getting some soon as I can. The guy I usually deal with said it was faulty tubes, which I've read can be a problem with those particular ones. If these ones go again I'm going to go back to the standard tubes (right now I have thorn protection due to the area we live in) and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't work, well I'll have to find another option, possibly new wheels completely from Trek as I can't imagine it would be anything else. I did let a little air out of each tire last time they were filled thinking they might be a little too hard (we get extreme heat here). We'll see if that helps any.
    I check my air pressure every time I ride. We have 6 treks in our garage. Love them. Love our store. They can show you how to change. I would suggest going with standard ones.
    My dad owns a Nike store now that sells felt and mazi and a few other bikes. Those are pretty sweet. Not much better than a good quality bike with good service.
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF

  18. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I feel inspired to air up the tires on my bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggamanbill View Post
    no kidding!
    You should!! I love riding my bike. I would much rather do that than run at this point. Plus it still gives a great leg workout (for me at least)

    Quote Originally Posted by sawa3 View Post
    I check my air pressure every time I ride. We have 6 treks in our garage. Love them. Love our store. They can show you how to change. I would suggest going with standard ones.
    My dad owns a Nike store now that sells felt and mazi and a few other bikes. Those are pretty sweet. Not much better than a good quality bike with good service.
    I've been doing that recently, checking the pressure. I have always had a Trek. I had to go out of town to get this one, but it was worth it and does have a years worth of service. So I may head down there soon just to have it checked. Might as well. One more blow-out and I'm going back to the standard tubes.

    The place I take it does carry Trek, as well as Cannondale, Specialized and quite a few others. The guy I deal with is super cool and knows his stuff.
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  19. Still hitting the weights in the gym?

    how is upper body strength?
    Facebook Great Physique Fitness
    Twitter SmetonFitness
    Youtube JohnSmetonFitness1

  20. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Still hitting the weights in the gym?

    how is upper body strength?
    Honestly I haven't been lifting recently. Once I started having shoulder issues, I stopped for a little while to see if rest would help and I have to say that it really has. I plan on keeping with just cardio until the end of the Sept and then slowly adding weights back in. My shoulder has been feeling great, so I'm hoping it just needed a good break. I do miss the gym.

    Upper body doesn't seem to have lost much steam from what I can tell, but I'll find out soon enough.
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  21. Friday's Ride:
    ~14mi @ 75 mins - this was supposed to be done last night, but I was having a cruddy afternoon and just wanted to go home. Which I did! So I got one in this morning instead. Loving the cool AM's that's for sure.
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  22. Saturday's Bike Ride of EPIC propotions and never ending miles

    Oh yeah today's ride was for sure Epic! I rented a road bike as I mentioned earlier this week and figured I would shoot for 25miles (since that's a little over what I normally do on Sat rides). I got to the end of the path in one direction and headed back (22 mi round trip), then I made it back to the rental place (it's on the bike path) and decided to go for just a few more miles I wasn't ready to give it back yet. Made a HUGE difference in riding and my tude/legs weren't tired enough yet. Kept riding, kept telling myself just a little farther, just kept going. Finally I was 5 miles from the end of the bike path in the other direction shaking my head laughing at myself. Made it to that end, sat down, had some pixie stix, 1/2 a protein bar, some gatorade, water, and relaxed for a little bit. Then hopped back up on the bike and rode back to turn my wheels in.

    Total Trip: ~42mi @ 3.5 hrs <---- yes totally serious. Have a MapMyRide to prove it if you don't believe me.



    Yeah I was feeling crazy today and pushed and pushed, funny thing is my legs didn't start to get really tired until the last 5-8 miles but then I was exhausted.
    So far since then I have had a bagel, taken a 3.5 hr nap (haha). I'm heading out to pick up pizza and relax at home with pizza/beer! I might even go get a piece or pie or cake - I think I've earned it. Was soooooo much fun! Legs are super-duper tired right now. But other than that I'm good! And yes padded bike shorts are awesome, new padded gloves were awesome!

    Today .... Icing my knees, they are really sore! But otherwise I'm fine. YAY!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon
    Saturday's Bike Ride of EPIC propotions and never ending miles

    Oh yeah today's ride was for sure Epic! I rented a road bike as I mentioned earlier this week and figured I would shoot for 25miles (since that's a little over what I normally do on Sat rides). I got to the end of the path in one direction and headed back (22 mi round trip), then I made it back to the rental place (it's on the bike path) and decided to go for just a few more miles I wasn't ready to give it back yet. Made a HUGE difference in riding and my tude/legs weren't tired enough yet. Kept riding, kept telling myself just a little farther, just kept going. Finally I was 5 miles from the end of the bike path in the other direction shaking my head laughing at myself. Made it to that end, sat down, had some pixie stix, 1/2 a protein bar, some gatorade, water, and relaxed for a little bit. Then hopped back up on the bike and rode back to turn my wheels in.

    Total Trip: ~42mi @ 3.5 hrs <---- yes totally serious. Have a MapMyRide to prove it if you don't believe me.

    Yeah I was feeling crazy today and pushed and pushed, funny thing is my legs didn't start to get really tired until the last 5-8 miles but then I was exhausted.
    So far since then I have had a bagel, taken a 3.5 hr nap (haha). I'm heading out to pick up pizza and relax at home with pizza/beer! I might even go get a piece or pie or cake - I think I've earned it. Was soooooo much fun! Legs are super-duper tired right now. But other than that I'm good! And yes padded bike shorts are awesome, new padded gloves were awesome!

    Today .... Icing my knees, they are really sore! But otherwise I'm fine. YAY!
    Wtg! No trek road bike?
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF

  24. Quote Originally Posted by sawa3 View Post
    Wtg! No trek road bike?
    Haha, I would have rathered, but the only place in town that I know of that rents is a major Giant dealer!
    Journal - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/199622-here-we-go.html#post3349653

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    Honestly I haven't been lifting recently. Once I started having shoulder issues, I stopped for a little while to see if rest would help and I have to say that it really has. I plan on keeping with just cardio until the end of the Sept and then slowly adding weights back in. My shoulder has been feeling great, so I'm hoping it just needed a good break. I do miss the gym.

    Upper body doesn't seem to have lost much steam from what I can tell, but I'll find out soon enough.
    always good to listen to your body
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Catching some ZZZ's w/ AI 3Z (semi-sponsored) - Lexagon
    By Lexagon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 187
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 01:23 PM
  2. Lexagon - SAN Launch 4350 & Fierce Reviews
    By Lexagon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 09:08 AM
  3. Lexagon - Quest All Natural Sample Pack Review
    By Lexagon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 03:57 AM
  4. Lexagon - AI Sports RecoverPro Review
    By Lexagon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 10:51 AM
  5. Lexagon - AI Sports Maniac Review
    By Lexagon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Log in
Log in