Creatine and Powerade

CoreyDawg01

Awards
Is it right to mix creatine with powerade? And does it it matter what flavor of powerade it is?

I also want to know if i should drink it as a post workout or during my workout?

Thanks.

PSJ02388

Awards
it doesnt matter what u mix it with and as far as when to take it depending upon how many grams u want to intake a day and its fine to plit it up halfe the serving before u work out and the other half after

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You don't really need to mix it with powerade IMO :)

fireoverture

Awards
my opinion on this

Warning: What follow is my opinion... and is only my relative subjective truth and is subject to change without notice..haha

My personal thoughts on this.. and I can definetly be wrong is, that Creatine should not really be ingested with powerade preworkout. I would think that Creatine would be fine with powerade after workout, as powerade contains a faster burning carb that will give you an insulin spike, and would be best reserved for after training. Unless you are lifting over 30 mins I don't see a reason for drinking it during a workout. As far as I know, there is no "special flavor" that is better than another, they are all the same.

Hopefully this helps some. Perhaps someone else has a more "definite answer"?

-T

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
post-workout... With a whey shake 30 mins later... Then a meal one hour later (carb/pro).. That is how I would do my post-workout nutrition/supplementation.