6 Weeks

quigley

Awards
  • Established
I have 6 weeks till i finish school, (like forever =D )
I want to put on some weight as will be going to beach for leavers (kinda like the australian version of spring break)

i have about six weeks to put on some muscle. I know thats not long, but im not looking for anything supernatural just a solid gain.

I am 6 foot 2 and 72kg - round about 155 pounds or something close. So im pretty skinny.

I'm aiming for around 3000 calories a day (6 meals of 500 calories) while training 3 times a week, usual compound movements, heavy and low reps.

I want to be around 77kg by leavers. Thats 5kg in 6 weeks. Is this a realistic goal?

Secondly, does anyone have tips to increase appetite? eating enough is definatley the greatest challenge for me.

Any tips to bulk effectivley will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been training on a regular basis? If you're new to weightlifting then you might have a chance of gaining a few kilos in 6 weeks but if you're not new to it then you can forget gaining so much.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
not new to it, but previously ive trained with no attention to diet, so this is my first attempt at bulking. in the past i have toned up, but gained no mass, and i never really stuck to a decent program for any length of time.

jet11

Awards
the more you eat, the more you will want to eat. get food in every 3 hours, but start with what you can manage...then start to bring the portions up...you cant go from eating 1200cals to 4000cals overnight, but give it a week or 2 and you will get up to your goal. shoot for a healthy meal plan with complex carbs over simply sugars and you should grow just fine (depending on your body)

quigley

Awards
  • Established
thanks jet, ive done just that, and although its still a struggle to eat before 10am, ive gained 2 oe 3kg of muscle mass. i have 2 and a half weeks left to put muscle on, im getting some creatine and multivitamins today