vanillean

Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Bodock View Post
    Is this a transdermal?
    No, its not a transdermal.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns


  2. Quote Originally Posted by ryanp81
    I'm in, this stuff looks awesome and is a good replacement for HEAT stack. Any loggers or testers in because I'm down
    No word yet but you know BPS loves to give out stuff to be logged.
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    No word yet but you know BPS loves to give out stuff to be logged.
    wow!!! what an amazing coincidence...i love to recieve stuff to be logged!!!!
    GOD, FAMILY, COUNTRY!!!

  4. indeed
    Psalm 73:26
    My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    No word yet but you know BPS loves to give out stuff to be logged.
    Oh I know bubba, your "spread the love" policy is a honored tradition ...I wouldn't have asked if that wasn't the case.
    •   
       


  6. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=20577883

    GEB-H, mainly as a result of the action of 4-hydroxybenzaldehyde and vanillin, reduces insulin resistance by decreasing fat accumulation in adipocytes by activating fat oxidation and potentiating leptin signaling in diet-induced obese rats
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  7. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010 Apr;18(4):780-7. doi: 10.1038/oby.2009.301. Epub 2009 Oct 1.
    Dietary capsaicin reduces obesity-induced insulin resistance and hepatic steatosis in obese mice fed a high-fat diet.

    Kang JH, Goto T, Han IS, Kawada T, Kim YM, Yu R.
    Source

    Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Ulsan, Ulsan, South Korea.

    Abstract

    Obesity-induced inflammation contributes to the development of obesity-related metabolic disorders such as insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, fatty liver disease, and cardiovascular disease. In this study, we investigated whether dietary capsaicin can reduce obesity-induced inflammation and metabolic disorders such as insulin resistance and hepatic steatosis. Male C57BL/6 obese mice fed a high-fat diet for 10 weeks received a supplement of 0.015% capsaicin for a further 10 weeks and were compared with unsupplemented controls. Glucose intolerance was estimated by glucose tolerance tests. Transcripts of adipocytokine genes and the corresponding proteins were measured by reverse transcription-PCR and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, and macrophage numbers were determined by flow cytometric analysis. Transient receptor potential vanilloid type-1 (TRPV-1), peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha, and PPARgamma coactivator-1alpha (PGC-1alpha) mRNAs were also measured by RT-PCR, and PPARalpha luciferase assays were performed. Dietary capsaicin lowered fasting glucose, insulin, leptin levels, and markedly reduced the impairment of glucose tolerance in obese mice. Levels of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFalpha), monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1), and interleukin (IL)-6 mRNAs and proteins in adipose tissue and liver decreased markedly, as did macrophage infiltration, hepatic triglycerides, and TRPV-1 expression in adipose tissue. At the same time, the mRNA/protein of adiponectin in the adipose tissue and PPARalpha/PGC-1alpha mRNA in the liver increased. Moreover, luciferase assays revealed that capsaicin is capable of binding PPARalpha. Our data suggest that dietary capsaicin may reduce obesity-induced glucose intolerance by not only suppressing inflammatory responses but also enhancing fatty acid oxidation in adipose tissue and/or liver, both of which are important peripheral tissues affecting insulin resistance. The effects of capsaicin in adipose tissue and liver are related to its dual action on PPARalpha and TRPV-1 expression/activation.

    PMID:19798065 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Free full text
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  8. OK...so I was about to order this today until I read some info concerning Allyl Isothiocyanate. I realize that 1 mg or less per capsule may not be much, but it concerns me that it is included at all. Why does something that is so toxic need to be included. Ever heard of mustard gas? That is some bad stuff. If I understand the info I came across, then I guess that 151 mg/kg is considered the median lethal dose. But what gets me is that it IS LETHAL. Not knowing the ongoing effects of taking the small dose, I think I would rather wait and see how others do on this. I suspect it clears the body rather quickly, but I have no idea if any of it is stored. The info I read can be found on Wiki for anyone interested. Just don't understand why this needs to be in the formula...seems like it would be fine without it.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kbp View Post
    OK...so I was about to order this today until I read some info concerning Allyl Isothiocyanate. I realize that 1 mg or less per capsule may not be much, but it concerns me that it is included at all. Why does something that is so toxic need to be included. Ever heard of mustard gas? That is some bad stuff. If I understand the info I came across, then I guess that 151 mg/kg is considered the median lethal dose. But what gets me is that it IS LETHAL. Not knowing the ongoing effects of taking the small dose, I think I would rather wait and see how others do on this. I suspect it clears the body rather quickly, but I have no idea if any of it is stored. The info I read can be found on Wiki for anyone interested. Just don't understand why this needs to be in the formula...seems like it would be fine without it.
    Water has a lethal dose.

    Allyl isothiocyanate is the active pungent ingredient in mustard, horse radish, and wasabi. I assure you it is quite safe at the dosage used.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  10. More information: LD50 of caffeine (from wikipedia) The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on individual sensitivity, but is estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram.

    Allyl Isothiocyanate -
    Allyl isothiocyanate is fairly toxic with LD50 of 151 mg/kg and is a dangerous lachrymator.


    Personally, I weigh a bit over 100kg, which means I would have to take, at one time, around 300 capsules of Vanillean to have a 50% chance of dying.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  11. More information (to be included in the full writeup)....AI is a potent agonist for the TRPA1 receptor, which induces thermogenesis and lipolysis (through indirect stimulation of catecholamines).

    Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008 Oct;72(10):2608-14. Epub 2008 Oct 7.
    TRPA1 agonists--allyl isothiocyanate and cinnamaldehyde--induce adrenaline secretion.

    Iwasaki Y, Tanabe M, Kobata K, Watanabe T.
    Source

    Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences and Global COE Program, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan.

    Abstract

    Thermosensitive transient receptor potential (TRP) channels, especially TRPV1 and TRPA1, are activated by the pungent compounds present in spices. TRPV1 activation by the intake of capsaicin, the irritant in hot pepper, induces adrenaline secretion and increases energy consumption. TRPV1 is mainly expressed in the sensory neurons and coexpressed with TRPA1 at a high frequency. However, the mechanism underlying adrenaline secretion by TRPA1 agonists such as allyl isothiocyanate (AITC) and cinnamaldehyde (CNA), the pungent ingredients in mustard and cinnamon, is not known. We examined whether AITC and CNA could induce adrenaline secretion in anesthetized rats. An intravenous injection of AITC or CNA (10 mg/kg) increased adrenaline secretion. These responses disappeared completely in capsaicin-treated rats with an impaired sensory nerve function. Moreover, pretreatment with cholinergic blockers (hexamethonium and atropine) attenuated the AITC- or CNA-induced adrenaline secretion. These results suggest that TRPA1 agonists activate the sensory nerves and induce adrenaline secretion via the central nervous system.

    PMID:
    18838811 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Free full text
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  12. Thanks dsade. Yea, I figured it to be a very small amt. and probably no problem. I may go ahead and try some. Just had concerns about how the body would flush it or store it. Sure, there are many things we consume safely that have a potential lethal dose...I understand that. But comparing this to water? Water by itself is not used as an insecticide, bactericide, and nematocide. It's things like that, that concern me. Of course, pepper spray is potent as well, and used for bear spray...very unpleasant, but not sure that would be deadly toxic.

    Anyway, if I understand "toxic with LD50 of 151 mg/kg", that would mean it would take approximately 12 grams as a lethal dose for 50% of people weighing 175 Lbs. So yea, 3 mg a day is very minimal.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by kbp View Post
    Thanks dsade. Yea, I figured it to be a very small amt. and probably no problem. I may go ahead and try some. Just had concerns about how the body would flush it or store it. Sure, there are many things we consume safely that have a potential lethal dose...I understand that. But comparing this to water? Water by itself is not used as an insecticide, bactericide, and nematocide. It's things like that, that concern me. Of course, pepper spray is potent as well, and used for bear spray...very unpleasant, but not sure that would be deadly toxic.

    Anyway, if I understand "toxic with LD50 of 151 mg/kg", that would mean it would take approximately 12 grams as a lethal dose for 50% of people weighing 175 Lbs. So yea, 3 mg a day is very minimal.
    That's actually for the Carvacrol/AI complex, which is roughly 50:50, so full dose is only 1.5mg per day. Again, this compound is consumed all over the world, every day....you are safe.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  14. I can't wait til my bottles come in

  15. Excellent discussion. I'm loving it!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

  16. Advice: do NOT stick your nose into a bottle of Vanillean and inhale deeply. The Allyl Isothiocyanate will clear sinuses pretty quickly.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  17. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Advice: do NOT stick your nose into a bottle of Vanillean and inhale deeply. The Allyl Isothiocyanate will clear sinuses pretty quickly.
    hahaha duly noted.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    Advice: do NOT stick your nose into a bottle of Vanillean and inhale deeply. The Allyl Isothiocyanate will clear sinuses pretty quickly.
    Nice, I can't wait to get my bottles now.

  19. I bought some for stocking stuffers lol. My family is a bunch of exercise nuts and my cousin owns a gym in Washington State... they will be stoked!
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice

  20. Great info here. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to log for ya bps ! This may be just the non stim product I've been looking for !

    As an aside; I use rk500 essentially year round.. 2-3 caps a day... (not for the potential log) but would you see any reason not to add perhaps ONE cap of rk500 pre largest meal while using vanillean, u know to keep a higher dosing of rk like I am accustomed to?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Great info here. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to log for ya bps ! This may be just the non stim product I've been looking for !

    As an aside; I use rk500 essentially year round.. 2-3 caps a day... (not for the potential log) but would you see any reason not to add perhaps ONE cap of rk500 pre largest meal while using vanillean, u know to keep a higher dosing of rk like I am accustomed to?
    You can try the Vanillean product by itself first, then add the RK BACK in after a week or two. That will be a good comparison.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  22. Quote Originally Posted by dsade
    You can try the Vanillean product by itself first, then add the RK BACK in after a week or two. That will be a good comparison.
    Yea. Especially if im selected to log, I wouldn't wanna skew the results. Just kinda brainstorming.. Te difference between 3 rk500 and 2 daily is minimal so I'm sure with vanilleans proposed lipolytic effects and ability to shrink fat cells, the extra rk would only be redundant or minimal in differences..

  23. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Advice: do NOT stick your nose into a bottle of Vanillean and inhale deeply. The Allyl Isothiocyanate will clear sinuses pretty quickly.
    So I can just throw out that bottle of nasal spray then? Just another perk to Vanillean .
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

  24. Random observations after the weekend:

    Appetite...destroyed. Tough to even drink a shake, but I managed an Ultra Peptide Lemon Cream Pie
    Core body heat rise is pronounced. Empty stomach directions are essential
    in 40 degree weather...wear socks. Nothing like having your entire core heated up except for your FROZEN feet.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  •   

      
     

Log in
Log in