25 weeks out -- Am I f^cked??

BigDick

Awards
Hey guys,

So here's the deal... I'm not anywhere near contest shape -- been bodybuilding for 3 years now. The problem is that whenever I start reaching near 13% bodyfat, I start to slack off and feel too small and I never fully cut through. I failed in my 2nd cutting quest for abs, and have decided enough is enough. I'm currently 5'8 and a half, weighing in at 190 depleted (been cutting for quite a bit)

I committed to my University's amature bodybuilding competition, where a lot of people who compete are a joke (naturally lean, no legs, barely prepare), and told everyone I was going to do it. This gives me no other choice but to not give up until I'm shredded... The only problem is that I feel like I'm waaay too small. I need to cut down to 8% and gain some mass, all in the span of 25 weeks! I know nothing about competing, but read everything I can on nutrition and train hard. I'm not looking to place -- just to look like a competitor on stage. If I come in 3rd or 4th at most, great!

Any help, inspiration, or advice would be great!

Thanks

Attachments

BigDick

Awards
On the pictures, I don't think I'm nearly that big/cut under not good lighting. ;) Is 25 weeks enough?

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
25 weeks is some serious prep time. Do some research on the basic poses one performs during a competition then throw those pictures up, it'll give us better material to work with.

Now here is the thing, I have no idea what kind of people are competing in this and if there are some big guys with low BF%, it is unlikely you'll be placing first. Now, lets say you get ripped to shreds, maybe 7%....you would have a much better chance then. If I were you, I would have fun with it. Go on a very lean bulk, and then start cutting 12 weeks out.

I by no means know what the F I'm talking about but maybe this helps. Also, do some search on contest prep.

BigDick

Awards
thanks man. will post basic pictures in about a month's time when I'm a little more cut. ;) yeah I don't really give a rat's ass about placing... I just honestly want to look competitive on stage and get some experience for next year when I go at it for real.

Jaxxx

Jaxxx

Board Supporter
Awards
Good thing your flash didn't work out in that 2nd pic...

:run:

animalXXX

Awards
Dude.. You got time.. Do a clean bulk up all the way to the last 12 weeks. What worked out great for me was 2 weeks bulk 1 week leaning out. That way you won't put on a lot of fat. Do your research and 12 weeks out start leaning out. The lean out diet that you're going to use - make sure it's a good one, a proven one, and you'll be fine.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
guy I was at 13 percent six weeks out, look at my pics in my posts from the show. You have plenty of time. Just get focused. Hell you can still cheat here and there.

Flexfx

Awards
Legs and shoulders seemd good, bring up your back and lean out...you should be fine.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are anything but F*cked. 25 weeks is sooooo long. Try doing it in 7 weeks, which is what I got stuck into doing for a competition next week.

If you bring out those lats a little more, and drop some bf, you'll do fine.

FLgator

Awards
Man don't go in there with the attitude that you don't care if you place, be honest first place would feel better than last and if you are trying to place you WILL train harder. 25 weeks is a long time. You have 13 weeks to focus on lean size don't try to get cut yet just more lean muscle gains. 12 weeks should be enough time to cut down but if your nervous take 16 weeks. Good luck!

FLgator

Awards
hey bro i just looked at when you first posted...back in may...hows the progress?

BigDick

Awards
Hey guys. Thanks for the great support on this thread... I'm now at 14 weeks out. FL, yeah man I would ****in LOVE to place. I mean it's a University competition, where my division only has about 8 competitors, but the guy who's going to win is insane... has about 30 lbs on me and leaner to boot. Right now my goal is to place 3rd... but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and place 2nd. The main reason I'm doing this is because I used to be extremely obese, and this is the first time in my life I've been below 15% bodyfat. At any rate, here's an update

ImageShack - Hosting :: frontdoublebior8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: backdoublebigq6.jpg

Sorry I don't have more mandatories... my posing is pretty ****ty, and I'm practicing. I take this stuff very seriously and am trying like a *****, so I'll have more mandatories as the months go on.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that SERIOUSLY counts is what you get from it. Be it knowledge, confidence, satisfaction, continued motivation... happiness.. These are the things that count... to break top 5, that's only icing. :D

Good luck.. Congratulations on your transformation from obesity.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only thing that SERIOUSLY counts is what you get from it. Be it knowledge, confidence, satisfaction, continued motivation... happiness.. These are the things that count... to break top 5, that's only icing. :D
That is probably the best pre-contest advice a person could ever ask for.

The most rewarding experience I've ever had in bodybuilding, was my first competition where I placed 14th out of the 15 in my division.

:goodpost:

BigDick

Awards
Yeah thesinner, I feel ya. Hell, I wouldn't care if I place dead last as long as I look decent. I came from being 220 lbs at a morbidly 40ish% bodyfat, so just being able to get on stage and look ok is a huuuge deal to me. Most of the kids competing are athletes with naturally lean bodies, but for the most part they're not bodybuilders, don't really diet hard, and train instinctively (ie: curls and bench press, haha) -- not everyone, but many.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah thesinner, I feel ya. Hell, I wouldn't care if I place dead last as long as I look decent. I came from being 220 lbs at a morbidly 40ish% bodyfat, so just being able to get on stage and look ok is a huuuge deal to me. Most of the kids competing are athletes with naturally lean bodies, but for the most part they're not bodybuilders, don't really diet hard, and train instinctively (ie: curls and bench press, haha) -- not everyone, but many.
Another thing that happened during my first competition, was a guy competing in the teen division, worth noting. He had lost over 80lbs in preparation for the competition, and let's just say he looked like he could've lost 80lbs more. He had a freaking gut.

No matter what the outcome is, and judging by your pics, you will not look like him.

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
Not bad at all. Arms are looking great. Like Ubi said, as long as you gained knowledge from this contest, whatever you place, just have fun with it. Hell, I would give you props just for getting on stage in a damn speedo hitting poses. Takes b*lls to get up on stage half naked. :bb3: Good luck brotha.:afro: :thumbsup:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
14 weeks is alot of time looks like good progress keep it up

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Looking good bro. Keep at, when the dieting gets tough, remember why you are doing it. FOR YOU!!!

BigDick

Awards
Could I get a bodyfat % estimate por favor? I'm thinkin 14%. Is that unreasonable?

phil216

Awards
  • Established
The best advice I could give you is to do it for you, it is your first contest and take it as a learning experience, a chance to learn how your body reacts to a precontest phase and go up on stage and have fun. That is what it is all about, I have been there and done it a few times and I loved it even though I had the unfortunate pleaseure of competing against Craig Richardson and getting my as kicked.

jose

Awards
im about 14 weeks from contest 18 % bf and im not happy, i dont wana rush to lose muscle

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Seriously these transformations are amazing.

Something I picked up on: 2 weeks clean bulk, 1 week cut. I'm going to try that.