6 weeks out from Phoenix Europa

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Hey all! Thought a little contest prep log of sorts would be a good way of introducing myself to the board. My name is Jake Genthôs. Been competing since 2006. Currently trying to work my way up the ranks at the national level. Planning on getting more active online, maybe help others avoid some of the trial and error I have worked through

Currently sitting at 215 in the mornings at 5'7". Gotta make it down to lhw 198

Attachments

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Here's a pic from my last comp this July at the USA Championships out in Vegas

Attachments

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.
Looking thicker than before. When you get down to 198 ur gonna look ridiculous! Good work!

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Subbed. Looking thicker than before. When you get down to 198 ur gonna look ridiculous! Good work!
Thanks brother! It's gonna be rough getting down there though. Still at over 210 first thing in the mornings. Gonna make things interesting for peak week

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Are you gonna go in depth on meals, diet, supplements, etc?

Look forward to learning. I hope to do a show next year between feb-May at the LH class.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Are you gonna go in depth on meals, diet, supplements, etc? Look forward to learning. I hope to do a show next year between feb-May at the LH class.
I'll go into some detail. But I am working with a coach, so it wouldn't be right to lay out all the specifics of his methods.

Nothing too crazy with the diet as of now. Carb cycling with 4 days low, 1 day high, then repeat. Carbs focused around workouts.

Current supps: alphamine, ISO blast whey isolate by Ironclad sports nutrition, Ultimate X multi vit by Xcel, DetonatorX preworkout, Humapro, ON Casein,
Intraworkout drink consisting of: synthesize by VPX, Glycofuse, Keapump by Xcel

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
I'll also be posting pics/videos and random stuff on my Facebook page: Facebook.com/jgenthos

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Dang big dog that's some amount of supps haha if need a pay raise!

Do you feel that you can maintain ur muscle mass on 4 low 1 high?
Or is ur main concern to try and get to show weight.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will you delve into steroid use?

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Dayum homie those shots at 215.. Your back is unreal.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So far so good Jake!
Great symmetry!
In on this!
:)

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Dang big dog that's some amount of supps haha if need a pay raise!

Do you feel that you can maintain ur muscle mass on 4 low 1 high?
Or is ur main concern to try and get to show weight.
Haha...sponsorships are a wonderful thing! I' also just starting to run Reaper by Xcel. Its a pretty loaded cutting prohormone stack. Bunch of epistane in there...which is becoming one of my favorite hardening compounds

Will you delve into steroid use?
Sorry brother...for obvious reasons I won't be delving into anything illegal. Those kinds of specifics are also the kind of info that my clients pay money to get, so it wouldn't be very fair if I just gave it out for free

But may I just say that it's pretty goddamn outrageous that aas are illegal in the first place. IMO, there is no bigger violation of privacy than the gov telling people what they can and can't do with their own bodies when the only potential for harm is of themselves!

Dayum homie those shots at 215.. Your back is unreal.
Thanks ya bro! Been hammering it for years...even before I knew I wanted to be competitive, I always trained like a bodybuilder; attacking weaknesses as best I knew how

So far so good Jake!
Great symmetry!
In on this!
:)
Thanks! Open for questions too! Glad to be here. And looking forward to talking bodybuilding with yall! My coach is just doing the diet side of things right now, so any questions about how I like to go about training and setting up splits, exercises, etc. fire away!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ummm I hate you

LOL

Looking great man! Front quads look SICK!

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
So what's up bro. What's the magic split you got so I can get boulder shoulders like you haha

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
So what's up bro. What's the magic split you got so I can get boulder shoulders like you haha
I generally subscribe to the low volume school of thought....My split right now is:
day 1 Upper body
day 2 Lower body
day 3 off
day 4 chest/back
day 5 quad/ham
day 6 shoulders/bi/tri/calves
day 7 off

I have only done 2 movements in the past 5 years for my delts directly; dumbbell side laterals and barbell upright rows. Both heavy as ****...if I can't effectively put a lot of weight on a muscle group with a movement, I'm not gonna do it. I quit doing any kind of overhead presses and not only have my shoulders improved, but also my chest and back training has benefited as well

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info.

I asked because I've been doing pretty high volume recently and am going to change my training style.
Dono if I could give up shoulder presses though!

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Thanks for the info. I asked because I've been doing pretty high volume recently and am going to change my training style. Dono if I could give up shoulder presses though!
Its a leap of faith at first, I know. Same with the low volume training. The the results will amaze you

GaDawgs29

Awards
I generally subscribe to the low volume school of thought....My split right now is:
day 1 Upper body
day 2 Lower body
day 3 off
day 4 chest/back
day 5 quad/ham
day 6 shoulders/bi/tri/calves
day 7 off

I have only done 2 movements in the past 5 years for my delts directly; dumbbell side laterals and barbell upright rows. Both heavy as ****...if I can't effectively put a lot of weight on a muscle group with a movement, I'm not gonna do it. I quit doing any kind of overhead presses and not only have my shoulders improved, but also my chest and back training has benefited as well
The removal of anything OH is big to save shoulders in long run along with overall health of them. Nice shots and keep it up bro

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Thanks for the encouragement yall! The last few weeks of prep are alway a bit of a mind ****. If those moments of "why do I do this to myself again" don't happen, then I don't think you are pushing hard enough lol. Breaking through plateaus and finding the strength to keep pushing even further isn't an easy business

Lowered carbs on my low carb days (doing 4 low, one high) and added some more cardio...strength is taking a dive, but that's to be expected. But looking freakier and leaner by the day. Glutes and hams coming through now, getting some striations in my quads when flexed...staying full somehow too lol

Took these a few days ago

Attachments

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Seriously beasty my man... Not going to lie, probably my goal physique right there.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Sick back and shoulders. Any tips for lower trap exercises to build the "chain" from erector spinae to traps?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Sick back and shoulders. Any tips for lower trap exercises to build the "chain" from erector spinae to traps?
Lat pulldown shrugs! Hold a lat pulldown bar and shrug down and back.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Heavy db rows brother! ****ing heavy...did I say heavy?? And weighted chins... I think direct trap work is completely unnecessary. If you are training your back and shoulders effectively

Lat pulldown shrugs! Hold a lat pulldown bar and shrug down and back.
Agree to disagree...there is just no way to get enough weight effectively on your traps with that movement

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tips guys.
Unfortunately the DBs in my gyms only go up to 130 :(

Maybe I need to focus on contracting the lower/mid traps and rhomboids over just moving the weight.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately the DBs in my gyms only go up to 130 :( Maybe I need to focus on contracting the lower/mid traps and rhomboids over just moving the weight.
Damn. 130s aren't heavy enough for you? That's about as heavy as I've ever gone. I like doing them bilaterally, don't like the one-arm twisty rows lol. Make sure you're getting that scapular rotation every rep

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed.

Very impressive physique!

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
damn must be a good cycle
legit stuff

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Damn. 130s aren't heavy enough for you? That's about as heavy as I've ever gone. I like doing them bilaterally, don't like the one-arm twisty rows lol. Make sure you're getting that scapular rotation every rep
Yea, I do them 1 arm and rowing pretty low to my torso feeling it mostly in my lat. I'll try rowing higher and closer to my chest and focusing on scap retraction. Thanks again

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Let us know how you do. I was at the expo today, Saw Ronnie Coleman and damn that **** was rather depressing.

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
How did the contest go big man? I just posted a picture of my self after I finished Vitamin X prohormone stack. I put on a lot ton more size and strength. Check it out and give me a critique.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/249618-vitamin-x-stack.html
Are you going to Nationals?
Ended up taking 2nd in the light heavies. but gained a lot of good info to take with me to nationals. Gonna bring it in even tighter for miami in a few weeks

That Vitamin X stack is legit! I'll definitely be following your thread...
I made a short review vid of the stack a while ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv7yr3SBe34

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
Here's a couple pics from phoenix
Definitely still had some fluff to get rid of. But it'll be gone by nationals

Attachments

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Looking good bud! I didnt see much fluff left on you! ;)