20 Week 1st Contest Log

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

1. Just my opinion. I think we have a tendency of way over doing things. I've done it both ways and the difference I've noticed is without the fat burners I feel way better. Sleep better. And get lean at the same rate. If drugs weren't involved my opinion would be different.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kmh23 View Post
    Just my opinion. I think we have a tendency of way over doing things. I've done it both ways and the difference I've noticed is without the fat burners I feel way better. Sleep better. And get lean at the same rate. If drugs weren't involved my opinion would be different.
    I do understand where you're coming from, getting lean is one thing. Getting in contest prep is another. Maybe you have experience in prep vs "getting lean"? If so, my apologies for assuming you did not.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   

3. I'm sure you will view my opinion as out of turn bc I have never been on stage. I've been wanted to do a show for a while and two times in last four years I've let life get in the way. So my hat is off to anyone who stay focused and follow through with such a demanding process. Both times have been within 5weeks were I've backed out so I have a pretty good idea of what it takes to get there and I know every little bit can.... Even if its only in your mind. But he is talking about running a fat burner for twenty weeks. All that's gonna do is **** up his thyroid. Save it for the end where your body needs the help bc you've been staving it for months. And yohimbine is a great fat burner but taking it everyday is a mistake. If ur gonna take it and not know how it works its a waste. And maybe he does know how it works I just assumed he did bc he said he was gonna dose it till his bottle was done.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kmh23 View Post
    I'm sure you will view my opinion as out of turn bc I have never been on stage. I've been wanted to do a show for a while and two times in last four years I've let life get in the way. So my hat is off to anyone who stay focused and follow through with such a demanding process. Both times have been within 5weeks were I've backed out so I have a pretty good idea of what it takes to get there and I know every little bit can.... Even if its only in your mind. But he is talking about running a fat burner for twenty weeks. All that's gonna do is **** up his thyroid. Save it for the end where your body needs the help bc you've been staving it for months. And yohimbine is a great fat burner but taking it everyday is a mistake. If ur gonna take it and not know how it works its a waste. And maybe he does know how it works I just assumed he did bc he said he was gonna dose it till his bottle was done.
    You make good points, 20 weeks of a fat burner is not a good idea. 8 weeks out is a ideally where you would want to add them. That's what I call "the grind" that's when prep suuuuuuuuucks. The other weeks just suuuuuck haha

5. Lol the grind. Once I figure I how to manage the grind with 50 hour plus work weeks I'm good to go. Either way look forward to following along. Good luck.
    •   

6. Hey guys! Thanks for your help you both make great points. For starters I don't plan on using winny+epi, one or the other probably epi for last 8-10 weeks. Secondly, I wanted to add a fat burner now because honestly the same reason this prep is so long is because I am higher body fat% then I should be and I have a hard time dropping fat as is. If you think its not safe to run for 20 weeks I will absolutely listen, maybe 4 weeks off 4 on? Also, I got the bottle of yohimbine free didn't say how I was going to use it, I was thinking 3mg in the morning, 3mg 15 minutes before the workout ends because that's when I get in my cardio sessions. Let me know what you two think!

7. Here is my update for this week I am now EXACTLY 20 weeks out. Average weigh in is about 212 which is good looks like I am steadly losing the weight I have been using OxyECA for three days and got in my 3x30 minute cardio sessions burning around 300-350 calories per session. I have been tracking my macros for three days as well so I guess you could say the diet and prep is completely in gear now.

For next week: I am going to add in another cardio session (I have a lot of fat that needs to go quick) so 4x30 minute cardio sessions usually post-workout or in the morning if I'm not training that day. Macros will stay the same 220p/250c/60f (with 2 fruits in those carbs, at least 1 servings of veggies and a total of at least 25 fiber). Supplements will still be test 600mg/week with the epistane 20mg/day, OxyECA 1/day with yohimbine 3mg/day.

Thanks everyone excited for this prep to really start getting serious!

8. For fat burners I think you could run it 4 weeks and take 14 days off. Then start again.
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice

9. I would take 5 to 7.5mg of the yohimbine if u can tolerate it. I would only take it on an empty stomach half hour prior to fasted cardio in am. Since u said u can only do am cardio few days a week u don't have to worry about receptors down regulating. I personally like doing three days on three days off. I got good results from that. Only u know ur metabolism but if ur stats are accurate and ur macros are as stated the fat should fall off.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kmh23 View Post
    I would take 5 to 7.5mg of the yohimbine if u can tolerate it. I would only take it on an empty stomach half hour prior to fasted cardio in am. Since u said u can only do am cardio few days a week u don't have to worry about receptors down regulating. I personally like doing three days on three days off. I got good results from that. Only u know ur metabolism but if ur stats are accurate and ur macros are as stated the fat should fall off.
    It shines in a fasted cardio regimen. I've worked my way up to 10mg but BP sides were rather prevalent.

11. Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    For fat burners I think you could run it 4 weeks and take 14 days off. Then start again.
    Good plan!

12. Quote Originally Posted by kmh23 View Post
    I would take 5 to 7.5mg of the yohimbine if u can tolerate it. I would only take it on an empty stomach half hour prior to fasted cardio in am. Since u said u can only do am cardio few days a week u don't have to worry about receptors down regulating. I personally like doing three days on three days off. I got good results from that. Only u know ur metabolism but if ur stats are accurate and ur macros are as stated the fat should fall off.
    I didn't know it was that intense. I will look more into how to run it but probably just 3mg in the morning until I build up tolerance for now thanks!

13. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    It shines in a fasted cardio regimen. I've worked my way up to 10mg but BP sides were rather prevalent.
    Once I go back to school due to my schedule all my cardio will be fasted in the morning! I will probably up the dosage then.

14. Quote Originally Posted by tkc0mand3r View Post
    Once I go back to school due to my schedule all my cardio will be fasted in the morning! I will probably up the dosage then.
    Yeah work your way up for sure my man.

15. The anxiety it can cause can be intense for some. I've found by doing 2.5 and building from that dose it's tolerable. It's a very interesting drug. Another one I like a lot but it hardly ever used is the nicotine patch. What's nice about the patch there is no timing or really thinking about it at all. If u can handle it then it makes your body that much more of a furnace all day and night.

16. Subbed! I'm plannin to treat my cut like a contest prep, so I'm definitely excited to learn more about what you're doing. Keep it up

17. Hey guys and welcome new subs,

Tomorrow will be 19 WEEKS OUT! Diet was good all week and got in all 4 cardio sessions with around 300+ calories burned each session. The average weigh in was around 211.5 I was 212.0 today. My legs are starting to show some definition but my midsection REALLY needs to get into shape. So I will be adding 1 20 minute HIIT session on top of my 4 other 30 minute low/medium intensity cardio sessions this week. Diet will stay the same but will be dropping about 200-250 calories next week (at 2450 as of now 220p/250c/60f). Supplements will be changing a little I have about 6 days left of epistane 20mg/day and I will be adding in another OxyECA dose as well as upping the yohimbine to 6mg instead of 3mg but BOTH will be taken 15 minute before cardio and if not doing cardio that day I wont be taking it at all.

Here is cliff notes of what my plan will look like for 19 weeks out:
    Cardio:4x30 minute low/medium intensity sessions, 1x20 minute HIIT
    Diet: 220p/250c/60f = 2450 calories
    Supplements: Test e 600mg/week, Epistane 20mg/day (6 days left), OxyECA 1 am/1 pm, Yohimibine only cardio days 6mg 15 minute before cardio

Going to keep on going! Hopefully big changes happen soon!

18. I'm in bro!

19. Just a thought bro, is your metabolism really as slow as you you say or is fear of not being in shape? Reason I asked is because I feel that way when I start dieting. That I'm not losing fast enough and I want to go from fat to sub 5% in about a month. Every time I find that in rushing the process. If you are below 2500kc now where will you in over 4months? 1500? 1000? You can only drop so much. Have you ever tried to keep you calories at mantainence and let the cardio and supplements do the work at first? I hope I'm not coming off like a know it all bc I def do not. Just want to see you succeed and burn yourself out. The less you feed yourself and the more exercise you do the slower your metabolism will get. Gotta give your body a reason to continue to burn fat.

20. Quote Originally Posted by kmh23
    Just a thought bro, is your metabolism really as slow as you you say or is fear of not being in shape? Reason I asked is because I feel that way when I start dieting. That I'm not losing fast enough and I want to go from fat to sub 5% in about a month. Every time I find that in rushing the process. If you are below 2500kc now where will you in over 4months? 1500? 1000? You can only drop so much. Have you ever tried to keep you calories at mantainence and let the cardio and supplements do the work at first? I hope I'm not coming off like a know it all bc I def do not. Just want to see you succeed and burn yourself out. The less you feed yourself and the more exercise you do the slower your metabolism will get. Gotta give your body a reason to continue to burn fat.
    That's interesting. And I've heard that you should ease into the cardio as well to avoid raising your cortisol. I've read that you should start with a max of 2 sessions per week, then work your way up every couple weeks, while simultaneously decreasing calories. I'm definitely not an expert tho.

21. Quote Originally Posted by pistol345 View Post

That's interesting. And I've heard that you should ease into the cardio as well to avoid raising your cortisol. I've read that you should start with a max of 2 sessions per week, then work your way up every couple weeks, while simultaneously decreasing calories. I'm definitely not an expert tho.
    It's all per person with cardio, I've heard of people staying with the same macros for 10 weeks and only adjusting cardio (ala Dorian Yates)

Some macros stay the same and just change carb/fat ratios.

You're not trying to lose 5lbs/week. It's 1-2lbs, that's a subtle difference each week and in the end will be 20-30lbs (plus water in peak week closer to 45-50)

22. Also i missed it the first time but are you taking eca and yohimbine same day? The receptors that yohimbine work on down regulate so its best to rotate back and forth with eca. 3 days with one 3 days with the other. What I did was only take yohimbine during times of fasted cardio and when I wouldn't be eating carbs. Yohimbine increases the amount insulin your body creates in response to carbs and protein. That why If your taking and eating its not worth taking. All you r getting extra anxiety.

23. Great points guys! Thanks for your input that's why I'm doing this . I see what your saying with already cutting macros, problem is the scale just isnt really budging like it should be and I am more than comfortable with the amount of food I am eating right now. I will see how this week goes with 2450 calories again and that addition cardio session (as a personal thing I'd rather increase cardio rather than decrease food intake, so your right). The OxyECA I take everyday now taking 2 and the yohimbine only pre-cardio is rotating like that really necessary? I am talking about OxyECA the over the counter fat burner not the ECA your thinking of. So far I'm happy with the way things are going the true test will be when I'm back at school! Thanks again everyone I will update next week with my 18 weeks out update.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water

It's all per person with cardio, I've heard of people staying with the same macros for 10 weeks and only adjusting cardio (ala Dorian Yates)

Some macros stay the same and just change carb/fat ratios.

You're not trying to lose 5lbs/week. It's 1-2lbs, that's a subtle difference each week and in the end will be 20-30lbs (plus water in peak week closer to 45-50)
    Oh okay. And what about the type of cardio? My understanding is that HIIT is not only the quickest way to lose fat, but it spares muscle, and raises cortisol less than other kinds. So why not do HIIT every time? Or am I incorrect?

25. Quote Originally Posted by pistol345 View Post

Oh okay. And what about the type of cardio? My understanding is that HIIT is not only the quickest way to lose fat, but it spares muscle, and raises cortisol less than other kinds. So why not do HIIT every time? Or am I incorrect?
    I don't like HIIT cardio. However, others love it.

For myself, I don't recover very well with it and I HATE running. LISS is my cardio of choice.

It's a tried and true method of cardio (LISS) but is it the best? Juries still out, that's for you to decide. Sorry, my answer wasn't very clear.

26. I love hiit cardio. I mean it sucks. But for me nothing burns fat quicker. Liis cardio makes my legs shrinks. Hiit actually makes them look much better. But man it's hell. I think it needs to be approache more like a resistance wo in regards to nutrition. Liis is about the energy burned while doing it. Hiit keeps your body expending energy recovering from it.

27. Okay I gotcha. Once I did HIIT... there was no going back for me. It takes less time, and I feel motivated because I'm going so hard. Going slow for a long time drives me crazy. And what are your thoughts on using ostarine during a cut to preserve muscle? I'm sure it isn't as effective as test, but you think it could still make a big difference compared to natural?

28. Hey guys! Just to update quickly today I took 2 doses of OxyECA (1am,1pm) and 6mg yohimbine before my cardio today. Anxiety was through the roof and felt shaky all day. Going back to 1 OxyECA in the morning and 3mg yohimbine before cardio. Thought my tolerance was ready for higher doses but guess not, lesson learned. Back on the grind! And I prefer LISS but HIIT is what I need to incorporate at least once a week now, I will switch some LISS sessions with HIIT as weeks go by!

29. What is oxy eca? Bronk aid and primatene are like under ten bucks a pack and are real ephedrine. Not ephedra. Yeah feeling shaky sucks. I learned that anything that doesn't help me feel stronger or makes me feel weak isn't worth taking. Dieting already hurts my strength enough as it is. Yohimbine and eca are two i can tolerate and still maintain intensity.

30. @ pistol, I've never heard of osterine. I've been off sauce for about year and half. I do supplement with daa about every other month. And for an amino acid it's pretty impressive. I def notice a better libido and strength.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 20 Week cycle log
    By timmmah in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 08:00 PM
  2. My Best PCT Ever *hands down* after 20+ weeks ON
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 03:39 AM
  3. Bloodwork after 20+ weeks on. GOOD NEWS!
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 10:14 AM
  4. IGF1 1st timer log
    By wantmoresize in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 05:51 PM
  5. What do BBers do the the week b4 contest?
    By bigbadboss101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 11:27 AM