Zetuex's Need to Build Muscle Contest Log. Need to Build Muscle & Mr. Supps.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
how do you feel about using straps for the dl?
Well the only reason I don't use them is because I want to get my forearms stronger. I'll try straps out this week and see what happens. I have added in some forearm work 1-2 times a week so that should help also.

I weighed myself last week on the 24th, I was 167, and I have stayed pretty lean so far. I was hoping for a little more from the first month so I'm gonna try bumping up my calories this next month. I would like 10 more pounds even if some of it is fat by march 24th.

My workouts have been going great so far, hit chest and bi on monday, shoulders and traps last night. I'm looking forward to Friday for legs. I took an off day last Saturday and Sunday for a little of a rest on my knees.

Joints have been feeling better, have been taking 10 grams of fish oil a day and just added in some cissus.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! Its good to see that the fish oil and cissus is helping out the joint issues man.

There is positives and negatives to using straps. I use them a lot on back day doing heavy Rows and on shoulders when doing shrugs. It really helps focusing on targeting your lats or traps. You can go heavier and really push your muscles without worrying about your grip giving.

The downside of course is your grip strength will suffer over time, so I will drop the straps from time to time to work on grip :D

Eat big and lift big and you'll get big buddy. You are doing great!!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use Versa Gripps on back day, and my grip strength actually increases...

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I think I'm gonna start using straps every other leg, and shoulder day then. See if I notice a difference. I'll have to look into the versa grips, I have heard people
Mention them before, but I haven't ever looked to see what they are.

I also got a month membership to a rock climbing gym. That should definitely help with the forearms.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I'm gonna start using straps every other leg, and shoulder day then. See if I notice a difference. I'll have to look into the versa grips, I have heard people
Mention them before, but I haven't ever looked to see what they are.

I also got a month membership to a rock climbing gym. That should definitely help with the forearms.
interesting way to beef up those forearms.sounds like fun too

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its worth a try to just see what works best for you at least.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
My workouts have been going good lately. My calories have been a little low though, still in the 3000's but not quite up to what they need to be. I keep forgetting my straps on leg days. I just got done with Deads and I hit 225 for 12 all three sets, then the throw up feeling started to kick in, I didn't have a great breakfast.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My workouts have been going good lately. My calories have been a little low though, still in the 3000's but not quite up to what they need to be. I keep forgetting my straps on leg days. I just got done with Deads and I hit 225 for 12 all three sets, then the throw up feeling started to kick in, I didn't have a great breakfast.
Nice weight on deads for 12 reps man. Sounds like you killed your stomach though in the process of killing it...:sick:

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I must be the lucky one that never gets the throw up feeling or actually throwing up... Or I'm just not training hard enough. :think:

No way I kill that sh1t like crazy in the gym, this man just has an iron stomach :D

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice work,nuttin like knowing you killed some ****

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
So last night I went and did chest and bi. I'm pretty pleased with how my progress is going. I started off with alternating reverse grip dumbbell flat bench press then went to regular flat bench db which I did 65 pound db's for 12. I'm happy with this because this is the weight I was doing for 6 at the start of the workout about 3-4 months ago, and my chest is definitely hurting after those alternating presses. So I'm thinking I could probably do 75-80's at the start if not more for 12. On Saturday when I do chest again I'll try for the 70's for 12.

I'll be doing shoulders and traps tonight. I feel like the bigger and stronger I get the better my workouts are becoming because I cam really focus on that muscle group, since it's not such a tiny little thing now, still tiny just not quite so much. Ha

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So last night I went and did chest and bi. I'm pretty pleased with how my progress is going. I started off with alternating reverse grip dumbbell flat bench press then went to regular flat bench db which I did 65 pound db's for 12. I'm happy with this because this is the weight I was doing for 6 at the start of the workout about 3-4 months ago, and my chest is definitely hurting after those alternating presses. So I'm thinking I could probably do 75-80's at the start if not more for 12. On Saturday when I do chest again I'll try for the 70's for 12.

I'll be doing shoulders and traps tonight. I feel like the bigger and stronger I get the better my workouts are becoming because I cam really focus on that muscle group, since it's not such a tiny little thing now, still tiny just not quite so much. Ha
NlCE strength gains on them presses bro! I'm sure you got them 70s in the bag on your next workout. You are making some good progress in here. :cheers:

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

great news here.I'm sure your kill those 70's

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I'm at the gym right now just got done with deadlifts. I remembered my straps for once. First set 255 for 12, second set 265 for 10 and third set 255 for 8. Off to Squats now.

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
Well I hit ATG Squats right after Deads today. I feel like I'm super weak on these. I got 135x12, 135x8, then 135x6. I was getting pretty tired at this point. Then I hit leg press for 360x12 for all three sets, I definitely will be increasing the weight here for next week maybe up to 450. I think I'll be able to do a decent amount more on Deads next week, I don't think I'm used to lifting that much for that volume. The first set I did today felt quite light, but the second set demolished me.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The weight on them squats will come bro. Just keep your form and you'll be putting more plates on before you know it

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I weighed myself last week on wednesday and I was at 175. Not quite as much as I was hoping to gain but definitely i'm pleased so far with my progress. I measured my arms and they are at 15 1/8 today, thats an inch and an eighth gain so far since the start of this. I hit 275 for 10 on deadlifts last week, Tomorrow I'm hoping to go up to 12. I'm still setting personal records almost everytime I go to the gym. I like how much my strength is increasing when I'm having proper nutrition, just getting sick of the whole eating thing.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's some real nice gains you've made man, and added some good mass to the arms.

Good job ;)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's funny, I'm getting sick of the whole NOT eating thing!

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I'll gonna so happy when I get up to 190 and can start recomping, then dieting to lean out. But I'm guessing after a week or two I'm gonna get real sick of not eating ha. I think dieting will be easier for me though, I always believed myself to be an ectomorph, till I learned how to eat, now I think I have some good genes.

At the gym the passed few times I've been getting a lot of compliments on how much bigger I'm looking. It really helps to fuel the fire, and make me eat more.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll gonna so happy when I get up to 190 and can start recomping, then dieting to lean out. But I'm guessing after a week or two I'm gonna get real sick of not eating ha. I think dieting will be easier for me though, I always believed myself to be an ectomorph, till I learned how to eat, now I think I have some good genes.

At the gym the passed few times I've been getting a lot of compliments on how much bigger I'm looking. It really helps to fuel the fire, and make me eat more.
you gotta like the compliments it makes you feel great and lets you know your putting in work and it shows

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's funny, I'm getting sick of the whole NOT eating thing!
Yeh man that's the nature of the beast. Our bodies want to eat maintenance level Cal's, and that's where its comfortable. Unfortunately maintenance isn't very productive no matter if your cutting or bulking, so we get sick of eating all the time when adding mass and it seems like we are hungry for 2 or 3 months when cutting.

The things we do that others wont is what defines us and gives us what others want...:yup:

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeh man that's the nature of the beast. Our bodies want to eat maintenance level Cal's, and that's where its comfortable. Unfortunately maintenance isn't very productive no matter if your cutting or bulking, so we get sick of eating all the time when adding mass and it seems like we are hungry for 2 or 3 months when cutting.

The things we do that others wont is what defines us and gives us what others want...:yup:
gotta love the envy sometimes. ;) tell'em to get in the gym and kill some ****. :)

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
I weighed in at 177 on thursday, I'm getting close to 180 makes me pretty excited. I just got done with back and tri today. It was a good workout. I switched from wide grip pull ups to about shoulder width and I definitely felt it in my lats more.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I weighed in at 177 on thursday, I'm getting close to 180 makes me pretty excited. I just got done with back and tri today. It was a good workout. I switched from wide grip pull ups to about shoulder width and I definitely felt it in my lats more.
3 lbs bro.you can do it.!!!!!!!!!!:firedevil:

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have some decent time left to hit 180 and possibly more bro. Just keep pushing!!

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
So I'll be weighing myself tonight. Hopefully I'll be 180. On Monday I did legs, I'm still on 275 for all three sets except it's getting easier to pull it. I did ATG Squats and threw on 145. I hit 12 for that on the first set. I think Squats just have me mentally beat because that felt sort of light. I just gotta push myself. I'm switching my routine to heavy weight tonight. I'll probably be doing some rest pause sets and see how those work. I think I have made some great progress since last time I was doing heavy. For instance I was doing 55 pound dumbbells on reverse grip bench, and on Tuesday I did 60 on alternating reverse grip dumbells for 12 a side. And last time I was going heavy I think I ended with 275 for 6 on deadlifts. Now I'm hitting that for 12.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work man.keep it going! ;)

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
Well I was 179.5 yesterday. So close. Definitely next week. After going heavy on shoulders last night they feel nice and torn up today. My shoulders don't get sore all that often so it feels good.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I was 179.5 yesterday. So close. Definitely next week. After going heavy on shoulders last night they feel nice and torn up today. My shoulders don't get sore all that often so it feels good.
the feeling is great isn't it.:eek:p:

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
My workouts have been good lately, I hit 180 last week and I've been maintaining that, kinda trying to lean up a bit before the end of this. I hit ATG squats 225 for 6. I felt really good about that. Huge PR for me. I'm getting tons of compliments lately from people saying how big I'm getting it feels real good. I might be able to put on another pound or two in the next week. I was thinking that I would stop bulking when I hit 185, but I'm still quite lean, I think I might keep on going up to 200, I don't really wanna be a fat ass for the summer but I'd be huge ha. It would take me another 3 months to get there if I keep doing what I'm doing. Maybe I'll try to lean out at 190 for the summer then shoot for 200 during winter time.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My workouts have been good lately, I hit 180 last week and I've been maintaining that, kinda trying to lean up a bit before the end of this. I hit ATG squats 225 for 6. I felt really good about that. Huge PR for me. I'm getting tons of compliments lately from people saying how big I'm getting it feels real good. I might be able to put on another pound or two in the next week. I was thinking that I would stop bulking when I hit 185, but I'm still quite lean, I think I might keep on going up to 200, I don't really wanna be a fat ass for the summer but I'd be huge ha. It would take me another 3 months to get there if I keep doing what I'm doing. Maybe I'll try to lean out at 190 for the summer then shoot for 200 during winter time.
sounds like your reaping the fruits of your labor already ;)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are doing great bulking up man and taking advantage of your youth. You are in the best years of your life for packing on muscle and you seem to be reaping the benefits of it :bigok:

Zetuex

Zetuex

Awards
So I was 182.5 this week. I'll get my pictures posted up in a few hours. I'm excited to see the difference. I have put on a little belly fat and my cheeks have gotten a tiny bit chubby. Not bad but I notice ha. I've stayed fairly lean though.